• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

I also have to remind myself that this is only day 3 and that everyone is still figuring things out. The battery mechanic definitely makes titans feel way stronger, hopefully people start to use it more down the road.

the battery mechanic really is great. the other day i took my titan from doomed to 3/4 health + full shields just by scooping up all the batteries i saw, lol.

Xyber

So far I am really enjoying the singleplayer. That little wrist device you get was a nice little section which made combat really fun.

Zemm

The happy hours are terrible for UK times, I dunno if you can join a network where they're better but the neogaf one is like 9am or something?

I think my biggest complaint about the multiplayer is how utterly weak Titans feel. I hardly last more then 30 seconds in one, their health just vanishes. And how some of the Titans feels serious underpowered compared to others. In the first game Titans felt fairly balanced and also durable. I could last in one for several minutes if I was careful. Now they are gone almost immediately after they are called down.

The same general rule of thumb from TF1 still applies. When you get a Titanfall, dont call it immediately, watch for your team, if you are at a big Titan disadvantage, hold on to it, go attack enemy Titans with weapons or rodeo to thin them down, then call your own Titan to even out the odds. During engagement always stick to your teammate Titans, create a concave or flank. The backup battery boost is tremendously helpful if you are not confident with your Titan.

Yeah my Nephew just ran down stairs to scream about how awesome it was. ;)

sleeping on it, it is definitely one of the best campaigns ever made. I'm struggling to think what's better

Fantastic level design, awesome movement, cohesive and tight story, can't think of anything better.

no, unfortunately. I assume it's because primary weapons have unlimited ammo now but it would be nice if they would refill secondary weapons.

Getting in a Titan definitely should refill your secondary ammo, make an exception for the Smart Pistol if that becomes an issue.

Anyone willing to help me get the platinum trophy? All I need is the "...Becomes the Master" trophy. Share play anyone? I tried for hours last night and just cannot get it.

Iorv3th

Forgive me if this has been said.

So I keep see that when I'm using a weapon that I'm completing challenges with the weapon, but I cannot find anywhere in the menu a spot that actually shows what the challenges are. Am I crazy or does that mean you just not exist?

Go to the weapon skins and they are listed under that for how you unlock them.

hohoXD123

The happy hours are terrible for UK times, I dunno if you can join a network where they're better but the neogaf one is like 9am or something?
What if seperate TitanGAF networks are made with more convenient times for the different regions? Not sure how you'd be able to make it convenient for both US and EU.

JJShadow

Played 10 Bounty Hunt games, won 8 of them. Then played 10 Attrition matches, won only 3 of them

I don't know if most people still don't know how to play Bounty Hunt or I really suck at Attrition

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
What's peoples go-to SMG? I just started using the volt and I'm liking it so far, but the range seems awful. My main weapon is an AR---the G2. Love my single-shot weapons.

Alternator. Gun is honestly stupid good, the hipfire is pretty accurate on top of everything too.

Picked it up on xb1, since I knew more people who were gonna be playing there (or so they say). Quite surprised by how it looks, IQ seems clean better the the beta I remember.

Anyway, haven't touched MP yet but would love to join up and shoot shit up later if anyone is interested.

Here I am playing an innocent and fun game of Bounty Hunt, hiding in some trees, and someone comes from behind and snaps my lil' neck. Then I see they had a GAF tag. RedRonin has betrayed us!

OMG I just watched the GB quick look and I now I learn you can hack the robot drones!!! I guess you hold down R3 like a melee take down?

I already beat the game twice including on Master difficulty and I did not know this was a thing!!

OMG I just watched the GB quick look and I now I learn you can hack the robot drones!!! I guess you hold down R3 like a melee take down?

I already beat the game twice including on Master difficulty and I did not know this was a thing!!
Huh. Didn't know that either. I'm going to jump back in and play it on Master here soon to try and nab all the collectibles. I'll have to give it a shot then.

Rrang129

Anyone else getting this on PS4... it's like an audio "crackling" / distortion with music and certain sounds? Not sure what's causing it.

Hearing on both headphones and my soundbar.

Welp, reading this thread has convinced me to pick up the PS4 version this week. After the negative beta impressions around the internet I cancelled my pre-order but it seems like everything turned out ok? Good deal.

JJShadow

Just ran into this guy who spent the whole Bounty Hunt game hidden in a corner, in crouch mode, with the invisibility skill active the whole time. The only thing he would do was to kill everyone who stopped by there, active invisitibily and rinse and repeat

I mean, common, TF encourages you to jump, slide, run, use your hook, destroy everything with a fucking giant mecha, and you still decide to go for the camping game?

I'm having way to much trouble getting into an online xbox one match.
Maybe cause it's first weekend or something, just glad I got my vita and World of Final Fantasy to play while I wait for a match to happen.

I'll try rebooting my internet again, maybe it's an issue on my side?

aravuus

Jesus christ, so much shit on my screen in multiplayer lol

Played a couple of matches of attrition, definitely enjoying the game more on PC. Still not convinced it's the best thing ever, but I'll put in some hours, hopefully I'll start getting into it.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
I unlocked the phase shift tactical ability last night, and it's amazing. I thought I would never switch from Stim, but the phase shift is too fucking good.

Izuna

Banned
Just ran into this guy who spent the whole Bounty Hunt game hidden in a corner, in crouch mode, with the invisibility skill active the whole time. The only thing he would do was to kill everyone who stopped by there, active invisitibily and rinse and repeat

I mean, common, TF encourages you to jump, slide, run, use your hook, destroy everything with a fucking giant mecha, and you still decide to go for the camping game?

Meh, it's not like he's going to perform well anyway.

The annoying thing is that you can perform well that way in Attrition now ;(

completely disregard the minions and still get MVP, so there's no map movement at all...

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Maybe cause it's first weekend or something, just glad I got my vita and World of Final Fantasy to play while I wait for a match to happen.

What mode? Change Data Centers? I never had issues joining games when there was only 11K players online. Now, it's way, way more. =)

B00TE

I do feel like attrition needs some small tweaks to it, something about it just feels off to me. I still think it's fun, but it could be better. More AI, better placement (seems like they spawn around pilots, seems kinda awkward but I get the need to prevent camping them hard) and tweaks to scoring come to mind. Only time I really feel like I'm attacking the AI fervently is right at the start of a game, up until pilots are everywhere. Bounty Hunt on the other hand doesn't have this problem just because of the cash mechanic, I want the grunt kills to matter in attrition like it does there (if that makes sense). I could just be going about it wrong too, I suppose.

Ohnonono

Servers seem to be having issues. Don't think it's your internet.

JJShadow

Meh, it's not like he's going to perform well anyway.

The annoying thing is that you can perform well that way in Attrition now ;(

completely disregard the minions and still get MVP, so there's no map movement at all...

Yeah, unfortunately you can play that way in Attrition and still be useful to your team, and that's why I'll stick mainly to Bount Hunt. I have a much better time with game modes that reward those who play the objective than those that reward the highest number or kills

Nbz

Anyone else having server troubles on PC? Mine keeps saying searching for respawn servers and finding nothing

Okay. Was slightly nervous about this one. However... just on the campaign now, and I'm guessing I'm maybe about halfway through. This is the most fun I've had with a shooter's campaign since maybe Halo 3. It's just marvelous. The setting, the environments, the controls. All glorious. I hope they do tons of DLC for this that expands the universe. Love every single thing about it. The high score reviews are well deserved - play it on hard from the start. Love it!

U2NUMB

I continue to be baffled at the low ping in the main menu and the massive jumping it does During a match. It is unplayable.. so depressing because I love the game. No other game since halo 5 has done this. And it's worse in tf2.

I see others having the same issue... I sure hope respawn fixes it for those of us who are screwed it seems.

One of the most impressive things is how well the SP actually serves as a tutorial/training for all the different weapons, titan loadouts and movement options. it provides the player with ways to open up their minds and experiment with sliding and wall running/jumping in a safe and fun environment while giving you a pretty good skill set to then jump into multiplayer. It is really beneficial to run through the SP because it is fun as shit and it actually increases your abilities and understanding of the core gameplay mechanics

robotrock

Banned
The way they animated BT in the campaign is soooooo good. Adds so much character to him.

There's a real attention to detail there that reminds me of Wheatley and GLaDOS from Portal 2

Izuna

Banned
There are so many things that may have been predictable or cliche, but the animation and how it was done put me on the edge of my seat every damn time. Play with headphones/earphones if you can. The sound design is remarkable.

JonnyKong

Oh man, the
time travel
level in the campaign was brilliant.

And then following that the awesome moment when you have to wall run at what feels like
loads of miles per hour
thanks to the fans.

bwat47

Neo Member
I do feel like attrition needs some small tweaks to it, something about it just feels off to me. I still think it's fun, but it could be better. More AI, better placement (seems like they spawn around pilots, seems kinda awkward but I get the need to prevent camping them hard) and tweaks to scoring come to mind. Only time I really feel like I'm attacking the AI fervently is right at the start of a game, up until pilots are everywhere. Bounty Hunt on the other hand doesn't have this problem just because of the cash mechanic, I want the grunt kills to matter in attrition like it does there (if that makes sense). I could just be going about it wrong too, I suppose.

agreed, I have trouble even finding the grunts in attrition, but have no issue in bounty hunt

Top Bottom