• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

I tried Amped Hardpoint last night for the first time and it broke my winning streak, I got whooped! I wasn't sure how to play the mode properly, and neither did my teammates o_O

had a run of three hardpoint losses and i realised i wasn't playing very well but i didnt want to end my session on a loss

switched to bounty hunter and accrued a $1000 bonus which i successfully banked. we went from losing to winning then won the round. :D

holy shit, 1000$? what'd you do, steal idiots' bonuses and do some bounty-titan kills? I don't think I've gotten more than 575 or so before banking.

I tried Amped Hardpoint last night for the first time and it broke my winning streak, I got whooped! I wasn't sure how to play the mode properly, and neither did my teammates o_O

Basic strategy:
At the beginning, have two or so stay at your close point. Everyone else rush to B.

holy shit, 1000$? what'd you do, steal idiots' bonuses and do some bounty-titan kills? I don't think I've gotten more than 575 or so before banking.
yup :p it was on the map with the bridge in the middle, i've forgotten what it's called. anyway i was just there obliterating reapers and grunts and spectres in my titan and three enemy pilots decided to run at me at once. bonuses were stolen, money was made. :p

So should I switch the default keybindings to Titanfall 1's defaults? Or is there some merit to learning the new controls? It keeps confusing me.

hohoXD123

Only thing that pisses me off playing the MP is people camping in a little corner with that COD looking Sniper Camo

If you're worried about kids playing, the stealth Melee kills can be gory. The main Titan though is amazing and I can imagine kids loving him

Thanks. What do merits do? Lol
Don't mind campers too much, they don't tend to last long considering how quickly you can close the gap in this game

Izuna

Banned
(posting for new page for visibility)

I don't know if I'll ever be listened to here, but I'm going to post these hopeful changes and quote my post at least once later. I probably post too much about little things I perhaps don't like, but the following is just bad for the game.

Please allow me to adjust the transparency of the blips on the Radar (not the dots)
  • without this, I literally cannot ever see the map of pings when people are firing. You may as well have nothing else there but the blips with the amount of space they take.

Please give me a way to refill my ammo (in R1 this happened when I would enter a Titan)
  • I played a full game of Attrition and ran out of ammo in my Mag Launcher 2/3rds of the way through. Considering Pilots will rarely drop Anti-Titan weapons, that's horrible.

lhoR18o.png

Not enough score comes from Minion kills in Attrition.
  • The score is 500 but it seems like I can only get to kill like 3 spawns or so even if I spend the whole match trying to kill them. In certain maps, like Drydock, there are massive areas that are never used. Not only do Minions not spawn there so there's no reason, but when they do spawn, they just end up in the same linear line as the initial Pilot spawns. It makes Attrition feel empty.
--

So is it one of the more "campy" modes?

yes and no. It rewards both attack and defense of points. the B point is usually the 'choke' area where lots of deaths occur. Sneaky people can try to steal the other team's base point. And ALWAYS try to AMP your points. You can easily win by keeping your own point with it amped the entire game. Then just trade B with the other team for victory

Been using Scorch a lot, and while it is annoying to face off against pilots, he is an absolute monster at destroying other titans. Took out 3 other titans in a 1v3 situation with my core ability up.

My only complaint right now is that the assault rifle you start doing off with feels so good in almost any situation that I really don't feel the need to try other weapons.

Mupod

Finished the campaign. Not much to say that wasn't already said - short, but almost no filler. Tons of memorable moments. It was funny how I'd get to certain parts and say 'oh, so that's what they were itching to talk about on the Bombcast'. Looking forward to seeing how they stack it up against Doom on their GOTY awards discussion.

I will say I kept waiting for the moment when I'd get a wall-running Titan. Damn lying boxart, what is this an NES game?

Been using Scorch a lot, and while it is annoying to face off against pilots, he is an absolute monster at destroying other titans. Took out 3 other titans in a 1v3 situation with my core ability up.

My only complaint right now is that the assault rifle you start doing off with feels so good in almost any situation that I really don't feel the need to try other weapons.

Yeah I've gone back to the starting AR. All the other guns feel frustrating to go up against other pilots with since 99% of people are using an automatic weapon of some sort. For example even landing a perfect EPG-1 shot you die so fast in this game that you might not even make it out alive if they started shooting at the same time you fired.

Strider

^^ I'm the opposite. I really don't like the starting AR much at all. It's just... boring to me compared to other options.

SMGs are my go to followed by shotguns... Combining these with Stim is never a bad time.

I also wanna start using the pistols more but I love spamming shots from the MGL launcher too much lol

Yeah I've gone back to the starting AR. All the other guns feel frustrating to go up against other pilots with since 99% of people are using an automatic weapon of some sort. For example even landing a perfect EPG-1 shot you die so fast in this game that you might not even make it out alive if they started shooting at the same time you fired.

Look into the Volt sub-machine gun. It's NASTY. You can do long distance and short distance.

I think my biggest complaint about the multiplayer is how utterly weak Titans feel. I hardly last more then 30 seconds in one, their health just vanishes. And how some of the Titans feels serious underpowered compared to others. In the first game Titans felt fairly balanced and also durable. I could last in one for several minutes if I was careful. Now they are gone almost immediately after they are called down.

(posting for new page for visibility)

I don't know if I'll ever be listened to here, but I'm going to post these hopeful changes and quote my post at least once later. I probably post too much about little things I perhaps don't like, but the following is just bad for the game.

Please allow me to adjust the transparency of the blips on the Radar (not the dots)
  • without this, I literally cannot ever see the map of pings when people are firing. You may as well have nothing else there but the blips with the amount of space they take.

Please give me a way to refill my ammo (in R1 this happened when I would enter a Titan)
  • I played a full game of Attrition and ran out of ammo in my Mag Launcher 2/3rds of the way through. Considering Pilots will rarely drop Anti-Titan weapons, that's horrible.

lhoR18o.png

Not enough score comes from Minion kills in Attrition.
  • The score is 500 but it seems like I can only get to kill like 3 spawns or so even if I spend the whole match trying to kill them. In certain maps, like Drydock, there are massive areas that are never used. Not only do Minions not spawn there so there's no reason, but when they do spawn, they just end up in the same linear line as the initial Pilot spawns. It makes Attrition feel empty.
--

What, you dont get ammo refills when getting into a Titan any more?

Deps

I think my biggest complaint about the multiplayer is how utterly weak Titans feel. I hardly last more then 30 seconds in one, their health just vanishes. And how some of the Titans feels serious underpowered compared to others. In the first game Titans felt fairly balanced and also durable. I could last in one for several minutes if I was careful. Now they are gone almost immediately after they are called down.

Titans are still very strong, but only if you work together. Some of the titans are also terrible 1v1, but great with support like Northstar.

Disktrasa

Banned
Many ask BF1 or TF2, as a Swede i should recommend BF1, but i can't, if you gonna get one shooter this holiday, get this!

BF1 is a very very well made game, BUT, i have SO much more fun with Titanfall 2, actually i don't think BF1 is that fun in mp *puts flame shield up*

Titanfall 2 is just pure plain awesome fun in mp, so many omfgmoments, and when the shit hits the fan its a one of a kind game imo.

I really really hope this will have legs for a long time ahead, i will try to spread the word about the game.

Oo, did i mention the FANTASTIC singleplayer that comes with the game?

Hats of for Respawn.

This and Cod4 remaster will be my choice for the mp, no doubt about that.

What's peoples go-to SMG? I just started using the volt and I'm liking it so far, but the range seems awful. My main weapon is an AR---the G2. Love my single-shot weapons.

Titans are still very strong, but only if you work together. Some of the titans are also terrible 1v1, but great with support like Northstar.

I also have to remind myself that this is only day 3 and that everyone is still figuring things out. The battery mechanic definitely makes titans feel way stronger, hopefully people start to use it more down the road.

Many ask BF1 or TF2, as a Swede i should recommend BF1, but i can't, if you gonna get one shooter this holiday, get this!

BF1 is a very very well made game, BUT, i have SO much more fun with Titanfall 2, actually i don't think BF1 is that fun in mp *puts flame shield up*

Titanfall 2 is just pure plain awesome fun in mp, so many omfgmoments, and when the shit hits the fan its a one of a kind game imo.

I really really hope this will have legs for a long time ahead, i will try to spread the word about the game.

Oo, did i mention the FANTASTIC singleplayer that comes with the game?

Hats of for Respawn.

This and Cod4 remaster will be my choice for the mp, no doubt about that.

Yeah this multiplayer is awesome I'm finding. So many great moments so far.

Top Bottom