• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

One of the most impressive things is how well the SP actually serves as a tutorial/training for all the different weapons, titan loadouts and movement options. it provides the player with ways to open up their minds and experiment with sliding and wall running/jumping in a safe and fun environment while giving you a pretty good skill set to then jump into multiplayer. It is really beneficial to run through the SP because it is fun as shit and it actually increases your abilities and understanding of the core gameplay mechanics

agreed. I just got through the first HL2 level, and it seems like a really great introduction to gameplay. What's great is that you can kind of just skip enemies by wall-running. So I breezed through the first half of the game because of it.

Durock

Loving the campaign so far. Not too far into it as I jumped right into Master difficulty from the get go, which pretty much the equivalent of playing CoD on Veteran.

Izuna

Banned
And then following that the awesome moment when you have to wall run at what feels like
loads of miles per hour
thanks to the fans.

Oh my god yes. Would be sweet if they integrated that stuff in multiplayer maps. Give us a revamped War Games with some of that lovely

JaMarco

Why in sweet fuck did they mix Skirmish with Hardpoint? Skirmish is the best mode in MP by far for me. I just want to play that, not shitty Hardpoint.

Izuna

Banned
Why in sweet fuck did they mix Skirmish with Hardpoint? Skirmish is the best mode in MP by far for me. I just want to play that, not shitty Hardpoint.

No fucking clue. What a damn shame.

Gimme Bounty Hunt, Skirmish and Attrition in a playlist please.

Or just Skirmish on its own.

Just bought my copy. Not read a single impression or review. Not seen any trailers or in game streams.
I absolutely loved the first one and trust that ill love this as much.

Arrrammis

Jesus christ, so much shit on my screen in multiplayer lol

Played a couple of matches of attrition, definitely enjoying the game more on PC. Still not convinced it's the best thing ever, but I'll put in some hours, hopefully I'll start getting into it.
There options to remove stuff from the HUD if you feel likes there's too much. I personally removed the notifications for level ups and constant hints on death, but there more stuff you can turn off if you want to (kill feed, medals, titanfall notifications, etc.)

How does the Smart Pistol work in this?

I was gutted to hear they removed it as a primary as I felt it was the weapon that best supported the game design of R1. It allowed you to focus on your mobility and assisted in reading the environment while doing so. People complained about being killed by it but you were only ever killed when the person using it got the drop on you so you would've been dead either way.

rdytoroll

If anyone's reading this and is undecided about buying the game: Do it!

I haven't played BF 1 since I got TF2, but am planning to swap between the two for my daily multiplayer game. I feel taken back to the good old days of Call of Duty MW & MW2. Infinity Ward, ehrm I mean Respawn, just know how to make a good shooter with fluid movement. There's a shitton of unlocks already in the game, there's prestiges and many fun weapons to play with and of course fucking Titans falling down from the sky. Glad I went for this instead of Infinite Warfare, which plays like garbage after trying the beta, sorry to say it.

hollomat

Banned
Any tips for colosseum? I've lost 0-3 in the 5 I've played. I'm pretty good at the normal modes and always finish in the top 2, but this mode is just completely different.

duckroll

One of the most impressive things is how well the SP actually serves as a tutorial/training for all the different weapons, titan loadouts and movement options. it provides the player with ways to open up their minds and experiment with sliding and wall running/jumping in a safe and fun environment while giving you a pretty good skill set to then jump into multiplayer. It is really beneficial to run through the SP because it is fun as shit and it actually increases your abilities and understanding of the core gameplay mechanics

But it doesn't train you for the grappling hook, mech rodeos, or effective ejection!

No fucking clue. What a damn shame.

Gimme Bounty Hunt, Skirmish and Attrition in a playlist please.

Or just Skirmish on its own.

I'm loving hardpoint and it has provided some of the best team efforts and comebacks in the games I have been playing. Seems to have less camping and "cheap" deaths, as well. Hated it at first but it just "clicked" for me. I actually like all the modes (except pilot vs pilot) and I love how well the maps work for each mode.

What is skirmish ? Haven't played it yet...

Any tips for colosseum? I've lost 0-3 in the 5 I've played. I'm pretty good at the normal modes and always finish in the top 2, but this mode is just completely different.

I had success once I switched to the charge rifle. Lots of people don't even realize we have a second weapon.
Cooking a grenade and throwing it is solid as well.

Drewfonse

Any way to mute all but friends in the PS4'S settings, and not just for TF2. I'm getting sick of muting people in game. Thanks.

Game is amazing.

But it doesn't train you for the grappling hook, mech rodeos, or effective ejection!

True... never thought about that since I don't use the hook and have auto/stealth eject on my main load out.

The class variety is pretty outstanding balance of all the guns and gadgets etc. feels great. it will be interesting to see if this holds true the longer we play it and dlc is introduced

aravuus

There options to remove stuff from the HUD if you feel likes there's too much. I personally removed the notifications for level ups and constant hints on death, but there more stuff you can turn off if you want to (kill feed, medals, titanfall notifications, etc.)

Oh good, I'll check the settings out when I go online the next time. Next I think I'll give the campaign a try, partly because people seem to really enjoy it but mostly because I really need some time to get used to this sort of hectic pace after BF1 lol.

e: 8pm and the variety playlist has 30 players... Hope I'll be able to play it in a couple of weeks.

Izuna

Banned
I'm loving hardpoint and it has provided some of the best team efforts and comebacks in the games I have been playing. Seems to have less camping and "cheap" deaths, as well. Hated it at first but it just "clicked" for me. I actually like all the modes (except pilot vs pilot) and I love how well the maps work for each mode.

What is skirmish ? Haven't played it yet...

Skirmish is basically Attrition without bots. (so titan kills are still worth more than pilots)

it's a remix of Pilot Hunter from the original, which had bots (but were worth nothing) -- it was flawed because Titans were also worth nothing, so players would basically use them as shields and never really fight without them. If you couldn't Goose, it was just butt

Amped Hardpoint is fine, but I'm not playing that sort of mode outside of a party. Same with CTF.

Dubz

The devs not putting deaths as a stat in game is ingenious. It's all about completing objectives and getting points.

Skirmish is basically Attrition without bots. (so titan kills are still worth more than pilots)

it's a remix of Pilot Hunter from the original, which had bots (but were worth nothing) -- it was flawed because Titans were also worth nothing, so players would basically use them as shields and never really fight without them. If you couldn't Goose, it was just butt

Amped Hardpoint is fine, but I'm not playing that sort of mode outside of a party. Same with CTF.

Yeah hopefully they add modes from the first game. I love Hardpoint but it really is a toss up when playing with randoms. I played yesterday and of course people were all over the place capturing all 3 points

Thanks. Ya, a team def. helps

The devs not putting kills as a stat in game is ingenious. It's all about completing objectives and getting points.

One of the best things, for sure. I have been top of board with 2 kills, lol. It drives my COD friends nuts when I beat them

kpaadet

Only a few hours into the campaign but so far I'm loving it, the speed and movement is so good. Excited to try the MP later on.

I might have to seriously consider skipping on COD this year. Titanfall 2's multi is so good. 😂

I passed on BLOPS3 and Haven't even thought of IW, this year. TF2 made it even easier. I Snagged amazon deals on BF1 and TF2 after E3 this year and I am glad. Both games perfectly cover all my fps needs. So long, COD

Kade

I wish it didn't disband parties after matches completed. I also wish the Scoreboard was a Hold instead of a Toggle. It would also be nice if the game had in-game friends list implementation and a better party system, something like Dota 2, CS:GO and Overwatch with spectating and everything.

Woo-wee. Alternator is definitely strong. Just finished a BH match with 26 kills. Next closest in the whole game was 10 kills.

I wish it didn't disband parties after matches completed. I also wish the Scoreboard was a Hold instead of a Toggle.
Make sure you aren't clicking "Close" after a game is over. That will disband party. Just hang out after your rewards are given and it'll bring you back to the main lobby with your group.

Zemm

Is there really no way to upgrade from the standard edition to deluxe without having to pay the full price of the deluxe edition (£65)?

edit: Luckily I only bought it yesterday so was able to refund the standard edition very easily and just buy the deluxe edition instead.

gamma

Alright I just bought this game blind after being disappointed in BF1s progression system and reading the praise for the SP and MP (more interested in MP though). Didn't play the first one. Let's see how it goes.

Is there really no way to upgrade from the standard edition to deluxe without having to pay the full price of the deluxe edition (£65)?

If you are on Xbox or PC try talk to their support. PSN is probably a dead end considering how shit their refund policy is.

Izuna

Banned
Could it be this?

No he's talking about Expedition (which has a X0-16 Chaingun) and Brute, which is basically Northstar with Quad Rockets.

Both are Titanfall 1 Titan weapons that aren't in any of the Titans you can select in multiplayer.

Neither of them would fit as is.

Alright I just bought this game blind after being disappointed in BF1s progression system and reading the praise for the SP and MP (more interested in MP though). Didn't play the first one. Let's see how it goes.

It will take some adjusting after coming from bf1. It was almost overwhelming at first. Stick with it. It pays off. Lots to unlock for weapons, loadouts, titans. even the faction you choose nets you different banners and skins

purg3

slept with Malkin
didn't plan on picking this up right away but the GB quicklook and review sold me on it- along with the crappy IW beta...SP is solid so far, just getting into the MP now.

Does anyone have the link for that forbes article a day ago? It was the best thing I've read on there in a while. How did GAF feel about it? I hope if we keep ranting, more people will get this game. Out of all the AAA games i have picked up this last year, I feel this one is most deserving of my money. It does so many things right.

Only had it for about 12 hours now and I've played it for eight. :p

Yeah, this game is good. I definitely see myself playing it more than BF 1. BF 1 is good, but this is great. Easily my shooter of the year.

Top Bottom