• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Drewfonse

I like it, but the auto aim seems a bit excessive on the PS4, in the campaign its like I barely need to aim at all.

I noticed it really strongly in the second to last mission with the sniper rifle. It's definitely there. Certainly makes it a little on the easier side, even on Hard.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I have to admit, multiplayer wise once I've accepted it's not really TF1 I'm really loving it tbh. It's still really fuckin fun and I'm having a great time with it. I've also really warmed up to Bounty Hunt as well, the more I play of it the more I like it. Especially because I love cloaking and running up/flanking behind the enemy team whilst they're all concentrating on the very first set of AI that spawns in :p

I have to admit, multiplayer wise once I've accepted it's not really TF1 I'm really loving it tbh. It's still really fuckin fun and I'm having a great time with it. I've also really warmed up to Bounty Hunt as well, the more I play of it the more I like it. Especially because I love cloaking and running up/flanking behind the enemy team whilst they're all concentrating on the very first set of AI that spawns in :p

Damn that's a good strategy, I'll have to try it.

B00TE

People like you are the reason I hang back just a wee bit at the start, heh.

Raveveri

Neo Member
Does anyone have the link for that forbes article a day ago? It was the best thing I've read on there in a while. How did GAF feel about it? I hope if we keep ranting, more people will get this game. Out of all the AAA games i have picked up this last year, I feel this one is most deserving of my money. It does so many things right.

Are you talking about this article? It's quite a good read and i definitely agree with the points brought up.

Is anyone getting booted out at the 'Jumping to location' part? Just tried 5 times to join a game with a friend in the party. He gets in whereas I don't.

nynt9

Just finished the campaign and, well..

That was awesome. Played through on hard. The level variety was very much appreciated, and it directly translated into gameplay variety too. I don't really want to spoil anything, but there are some batshit insane mechanics that spice up the experience. Huge levels with a good mix of platforming and shooting and Titan action. Satisfying boss battles, creative use of architecture to create platforming setups, secrets that feel satisfying to find. Someone (was it more_badass or nirolak? it was some mod) said that the game almost feels like a Valve game, and that's true. It has that "journey to stop the bad thing" vibe that HL2 has, and some of the more varied mechanics you interact with later on feel almost like the gravity gun. While it took me about 6 hours, I was so engaged that I didn't feel like it was too short. It had several moments where I thought it was going to end, but there was more, and that was good. Overall, it's tied for my favorite single player campaign of the year with DOOM.

Drewfonse

Totally off topic, but does anyone know who to contact if I wanted to attempt to get a refund on a digital purchase from PSN? I've never done this before, but I may try it for B1.

Thanks!

The Dude

Yea it has its moments, it's fun pending the players youre against but it's definitely not TF1 sadly.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Correct. It's better.

Agreed. I played the shit out of Titanfall 1, and I find this much better. The movement paths are a little harder to pick up, so it really rewards learning the maps. I've lately gotten to the point where my knowledge of the maps gives me a clear advantage - people have no idea where I'm moving/coming from. Titanfall 1 was a lot more obvious.

In addition, the slide in Titanfall 2 is an amazing addition. Once properly utilized it completes the whole movement set.

Correct. It's better.

I'm enjoying T2 but sorry T1 was better in almost every way to me. Better titan customization, better maps, better titan variety, better netcode, better pilot movement, and I prefer the burn cards to boosts. The maps are decent in T2 and i think as someone above noted once you learn all the hidden tricks it'll be better, but camping feels more rewarding so far in T2 and not flying around the map.

Networks is really great though and something every game should have, including happy hour. Maybe a few tweaks so happy hour is distributed a bit better, in the 4 networks I am in the happy hours are all within an hour of each other which is kinda dumb.

The netcode is mostly good, but man I just had a game where I had 200ms ping (normal 30) and it made the game completely unplayable. Constantly rubber banding everywhere, enemies teleporting all over, nothing registering, it was wretched. I'm used to Destiny PVP so bad netcode isn't a huge deal for me but this was unplayable.

JJShadow

Holy fucking shit, just played
the attack to the base on Typhon with all the Titans
and my jaw is still on the floor. Amazing

Agreed. I played the shit out of Titanfall 1, and I find this much better. The movement paths are a little harder to pick up, so it really rewards learning the maps. I've lately gotten to the point where my knowledge of the maps gives me a clear advantage - people have no idea where I'm moving/coming from. Titanfall 1 was a lot more obvious.

In addition, the slide in Titanfall 2 is an amazing addition. Once properly utilized it completes the whole movement set.

the slide is a godsend. I wish I had saved this clip but I was playing last night and we were behind by a few points in amped hardpoint. my team captured A and C but the other team had B amped and were going to win. I wall ran and leaped to B on the bridge (forget the map name with B on a skinny bridge) with the entire team chasing me across the bridge, I sprinted to the capture point. Full sprint, I dropped my shield and used the power slide to get on the other side of it just as a barrage of bullets bounced off. I then dropped my turret and lastly dropped my titan on the last few enemies. We capped B just in time and won by 2 points, I think. All thanks to the shield and powerslide.

SwolBro

Banned
I'm enjoying T2 but sorry T1 was better in almost every way to me. Better titan customization, better maps, better titan variety, better netcode, better pilot movement, and I prefer the burn cards to boosts. The maps are decent in T2 and i think as someone above noted once you learn all the hidden tricks it'll be better, but camping feels more rewarding so far in T2 and not flying around the map.

Ne

It's hard to make a full judgement right now. Titanfall was out for a while and people got the meta locked down for the last year +. You have to wait until these things flesh out and people start getting really good. As of now there's no telling how the game will play compared to the first

Honestly, my one complaint about the campaign (on Hard, fwiw) is that it felt pretty easy. Enemies go down like flies, and they just can't possibly keep up with you, so you can always run off to regenerate. Only parts that gave me any trouble were a couple of boss fights, and even those it was generally just one life to learn their mechanics. Might try again on Master to see what changes.

Level variety was top tier, though, and the story was supremely well executed. Hope other FPS campaign designers are taking notes...

Looks at 343

Timeaisis

I'm very close to impulse buying this GAF. Is the SP really as good as some say? How's the community on PS4 and/or PC? I heard it was a little on the small side?

I'm interested in a good SP campaign but also a good MP that can keep me occupied, but I feel player counts might just be too low to be worth it, what with all BF1 and all that?

So is it worthwhile? And what platforms have got the biggest player base? PS4 I guess?

I'm very close to impulse buying this GAF. Is the SP really as good as some say? How's the community on PS4 and/or PC? I heard it was a little on the small side?

I'm interested in a good SP campaign but also a good MP that can keep me occupied, but I feel player counts might just be too low to be worth it, what with all BF1 and all that?

So is it worthwhile? And what platforms have got the biggest player base? PS4 I guess?

I just finished the campaign and while it's only 6-8 hours, it's pretty much packed to the gills and I never felt like the momentum had slowed down. It's fantastic.

In regards to MP; I'm on PS4 and I've never waited more than 20 seconds for a match to fill up in any mode. Seems fine in my experience.

Septic360

Banned
Most definitely better than the first game.

It's just so refined smooth and just a pure joy to play. The Netcode is still great. I thought non Azure stuff would be bad but not at all. Hardpoint and last titan standing are an absolute joy to play.

The weapons are really satisfying to use and the new titans are just a joy to control. I only used the the skinny fast titan in the first game (forgot the name) but the heavier ones in this really pack a punch. Weapons locked to each type is a great idea and their variety is wicked.

It just really needs a lot more maps. The maps that are here are fine; really well done for wall running antics. Oh and bloody he'll do I love stim. It's WAY better than the test version.

I've been on a gaming lull for some time now but this really has got me back on it.

Well done Respawn. *Tips hat*

Honestly, my one complaint about the campaign (on Hard, fwiw) is that it felt pretty easy. Enemies go down like flies, and they just can't possibly keep up with you, so you can always run off to regenerate. Only parts that gave me any trouble were a couple of boss fights, and even those it was generally just one life to learn their mechanics. Might try again on Master to see what changes.

Level variety was top tier, though, and the story was supremely well executed. Hope other FPS campaign designers are taking notes...

Looks at 343

Playing on hard too, and while I'm not pulling my hair out, there are some levels where of you're not careful, you will get overwhelmed and die. For me, it was
the section with time travel in the elevator lobby and the Titan assault when you chase after the ship carrying the super weapon
. I was kind of trying to fly through them, and I got wrecked a few times. The boss Titans themselves aren't too difficult, that I'll agree with. Want to try Master after I finish this playthrough.

Cock of War

I'm playing through the sp campaign and doing alright but I wonder if I could make the controls even more tight. I see there are a lot of options with deadzones and acceleration etc. and I wonder if any of you guys have any tips for tweaks that make it feel more like Doom (2016)? I mean the controls are good, that extra inch towards Doom excellence would make it sublime.
Edit: PS4 version

Chris1

Titanfall 1 was better than Titanfall 2 multiplayer I don't see how anyone can really say otherwise. The maps, the atmosphere, the AI, the meaningful customization, proper bunny hopping not the slide shit, the fast pace of it, virtually no campers, etc

Honestly the only thing Titanfall 2 really has on 1 is the slide but other than that, 1 was much better IMO. Some of it can be helped with DLC/patches but for the most part it's locked in now except for maybe maps and the game is already 8 behind (excluding eden because that maps actually good).

Titanfall 1 was better than Titanfall 2 multiplayer I don't see how anyone can really say otherwise. The maps, the atmosphere, the AI, the meaningful customization, proper bunny hopping not the slide shit, the fast pace of it, virtually no campers, etc

Honestly the only thing Titanfall 2 really has on 1 is the slide but other than that, 1 was much better IMO. Some of it can be helped with DLC/patches but for the most part it's locked in now except for maybe maps and the game is already 8 behind (excluding eden because that maps actually good).

I think both are definitely different, but more than enjoyable enough to stand on their own. I miss the customization for sure, some maps are worst than others, but overall, it's one of the best shooters out. Crazy how no one can nail movement quite like respawn.

The maps were better in Titanfall 1, I'll give you that. Titanfall 2 manages to be better as an overall MP experience after that though.

I just got a refund for BF1, so yeah, to is his own, hahaha.
giphy.gif

Nothing worse than getting killed with $1000 in bounty hunt. :(
lol. I know that feeling. I had $900 and something in a game earlier. I started panicking once I realized how much I had. Then I died....I managed to get the other half in though.

Chris1

I think both are definitely different, but more than enjoyable enough to stand on their own. I miss the customization for sure, some maps are worst than others, but overall, it's one of the best shooters out. Crazy how no one can nail movement quite like respawn.
I agree it's one of the best shooters out, despite everything I just said.

My complaints is more about how good Titanfall 1 was, not how bad Titanfall 2 is. Because Titanfall 2 is good, just 1 was better.

Timeaisis

I just finished the campaign and while it's only 6-8 hours, it's pretty much packed to the gills and I never felt like the momentum had slowed down. It's fantastic.

In regards to MP; I'm on PS4 and I've never waited more than 20 seconds for a match to fill up in any mode. Seems fine in my experience.

Sweet, thanks. Probably gonna grab this for PS4 today.

Marvel

could never
My stats are going to be so fucked, must have been booted close to or over 70 times easily by now.

That's a lot of L's lol

The maps are the only thing I'm eh on. I mean they're not bad, however they just feel average. None of them really standout to me in anyway. However, the game play more than makes up for it.

Playing on hard too, and while I'm not pulling my hair out, there are some levels where of you're not careful, you will get overwhelmed and die. For me, it was
the section with time travel in the elevator lobby and the Titan assault when you chase after the ship carrying the super weapon
. I was kind of trying to fly through them, and I got wrecked a few times. The boss Titans themselves aren't too difficult, that I'll agree with. Want to try Master after I finish this playthrough.

Time travel
section is easy as hell if you abuse the
time travel
, imo. Just hop back and forth, heal up, sneak around behind people. The elevator lobby seemed a little bit tricky, but you can
skip that whole fight by just rushing into the elevators. Nothing in the past can hurt you in there, so just hop up and out.
A little bit of careful play mostly trivilializes the encounter design, though I imagine it'd be hard as hell if you're trying to stay in the air and move as fast as possible.

Probably my favorite combat challenge was the one where you first run into the mini-mechs. That was some good shit.

I didn't see this posted, from last night.

Saturday evening October 29th, Titanfall 2 servers will be receiving a new update. We do not foresee any downtime as this update will roll out across servers as they go idle.

Release Schedule:
PC: 7:45 PM PT
X1: 5:15PM PT
PS4: 5:30PM PT

General:
Titans and Pilots with active Titans will now earn XP from killing other Titans.
Titans now receive 1 XP per round in LTS to keep parity with other modes.
Other bug fixes you will never notice.

It is worth keeping an eye on here for future updates and tweaks: https://forums.titanfall.com/en-us/categories/tf2-game-updates

Drewfonse

My condolences

I know, right? How else will I get that "run for 5 minutes and then get sniped by someone who's lying in a shrub" feel.

Battlefield 1 fucking NAILED that.

Seriously, though, Battlefield 1 is a great game, it's just not for me. The last time I really, truly had fun playing a BF game was BC2. THE more recent ones just feel like work to me.

Top Bottom