• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

All right. Time to take a break. I've put 21 hours into this game already. Think I'll play some Overwatch to decompress.
I know right? How else will I get that "run for 5 minutes and then get sniped by someone who's lying in a shrub" feel.

Battlefield 1 fucking NAILED that.
Don't forget the fun of spending the next 30 seconds running just to get back to where the action is---more than likely to catch another sniper bullet to the face.

I know right? How else will I get that "run for 5 minutes and then get sniped by someone who's lying in a shrub" feel.

Lol, you forgot the part about waiting 30 seconds to respawn and then do it again.

Not entirely serious, though... Like I said before, I love both games and both are different enough for me to own and play each of them

I know, right? How else will I get that "run for 5 minutes and then get sniped by someone who's lying in a shrub" feel.

Seriously, though, Battlefield 1 is a great game, it's just not for me. The last time I really, truly had fun playing a BF game was BC2. THE more recent ones just feel like work to me.

Yeah, BF 1 can be annoying. I had +60 hours in it, so TF 2 is a nice break. The amount of scouts in the game is sickening at times. Another reason why I like TF 2 not as many campers.

All right. Time to take a break. I've put 21 hours into this game already. Think I'll play some Overwatch to decompress.

Don't forget the fun of spending the next 30 seconds running just to get back to where the action is---more than likely to catch another sniper bullet to the face.

Lol, you forgot the part about waiting 30 seconds to respawn and then do it again.

Not entirely serious, though... Like I said before, I love both games and both are different enough for me to own and play each of them

Hahahaha

Off topic:
Who here is on PSN and have mics?

B00TE

Yeah, BF 1 can be annoying. I had +60 hours in it, so TF 2 is a nice break. The amount of scouts in the game is sickening at times. Another reason why I like TF 2 not as many campers.

You are gonna love people sniping behind the a-walls :p

It's loads easier to deal with though, given instant respawns and how easy traversal can be (unless it's the fields of homestead gg).

I don't understand the player base concerns on PC. Even in Titanfall 1, right up until the end I never had issues finding games in EU. I'd always get in Attrition no problems. I can maybe understand some of the less popular modes having trouble but I feel like there will always be something to play. Did anyone else never have trouble finding a game? Reading all the concerned posts makes me feel like I'm the only one who never had problems.

Kozi

Neo Member
I don't post too often, but just wanted to let you guys know that this game is one of the best I've played in years. The campaign is a real pleasant surprise and the titan/pilot interplay totally reminds me of Shogo: Mobile Armor Division (comparisons to Half-Life are on point, as well!)

Fantastic job, Respawn

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
Lol, I go this score on attrition the first day haha
So about that score... there's a bug with Double XP that uhhh.. doubles your attrition score. I was wondering how the fuck you were getting those scores after that one scoreboard where we had the pretty much the same pilot kills, i had like 40 more minions, and somehow you beat me by like 50 points, lol.

I am not liking the multiplayer so far. It's so loud and confusing. So much stark emptiness. Then, one hit and you're dead. The learning curve is way too steep to be fun right now.

I'm down. Psn is Fakehound.

I constantly keep getting teams that drop out of CTF, and the game isn't letting anyone join back in. Nothing more frustrating than 3v5 for the entirety of the match :(

Cool, i'm stuck at work on a rainy day (posting on gaf all day, lol) I like CTF but stopped playing because people were dropping out.

The Dude

I know, right? How else will I get that "run for 5 minutes and then get sniped by someone who's lying in a shrub" feel.

Seriously, though, Battlefield 1 is a great game, it's just not for me. The last time I really, truly had fun playing a BF game was BC2. THE more recent ones just feel like work to me.

Just gotta know how to handle them, nothing more satisfying than sniping them right back.. I play very aggressively and if I get sniped I'll figure out how to take that fucker out.

However In titanfall it's nailed spawns from behind, just like good ol cod. So both have their annoyances. My goal is to enjoy both however

You are gonna love people sniping behind the a-walls :p

It's loads easier to deal with though, given instant respawns and how easy traversal can be (unless it's the fields of homestead gg).

I haven't see that many snipers yet. There are a lot of camo guys though. Seems like everyone is running cloak atm. I like to use the grapple or the stim. Phase Shift looks cool, definitely want to try that when I unlock it.

HiiiLife

This has been my experiencece and I've been trying to get into it since BF3. No more lol.

The story pacing in the campaign was brilliant.

First mission was kinda meh but the game improves a lot after that. I love how it just builds and builds until the balls out awesome finale.

Is there a spoiler thread for this game? There needs to be one.

Just gotta know how to handle them, nothing more satisfying than sniping them right back.. I play very aggressively and if I get sniped I'll figure out how to take that fucker out.

However In titanfall it's nailed spawns from behind, just like good ol cod. So both have their annoyances. My goal is to enjoy both however

I'm not getting the spawn from behind issues... what mode(s) are you usually playing? Are you constantly moving? I had to take a different approach from BF1 and not worry about taking cover or setting up somewhere until the coast is clear. In TF, i think it is vital to staymoving and never stop. Stay unpredictable and on the walls as much as possible.

B00TE

I haven't see that many snipers yet. There are a lot of camo guys though. Seems like everyone is running cloak atm. I like to use the grapple or the stim. Phase Shift looks cool, definitely want to try that when I unlock it.

I use the pulse blade, feel like it makes me a pseudo support. Having that information when cashing in bounties and the like is great stuff, and generally useful for people who are much better shots than me. Also great for sniffing out people camping corners so you can arc nade em and charge in. :p

My last game of attrition (exoplanet) started with a bunch of a-wall users sniping which was kinda goofy to see actually lol. They didn't keep those kits too long beyond the first wave of grunts and blasting us, but that initial shock hurt.

Izuna

Banned
The story pacing in the campaign was brilliant.

First mission was kinda meh but the game improves a lot after that. I love how it just builds and builds until the balls out awesome finale.

Is there a spoiler thread for this game? There needs to be one.

feel free to make one, i'd engage ;)

Foxxsoxx

Cool, i'm stuck at work on a rainy day (posting on gaf all day, lol) I like CTF but stopped playing because people were dropping out.

Yeah liking the concept of it but too many years trash teammates are ruining it. I'm about to go to work for a few hours though but I'll be playing all night.

maxmars

I bought this just because of the mechs and because BF1 didn't seem my piece of cake, but did NOT expect to find it so fun! Not only single player is great (wasn't the first one mp only? Totally unexpected!), multiplayer is better than expected reading the alpha impressions here. I think it's the mix of big / small players in a single map that makes it so different from the other FPSs. So much more variety.
Last time I had so much fun in mp was with R6 Siege.

Also, just to end the whole "full range vs limited RGB" thing...

pxVMy0h.jpg

Respawn knows whats up :D

The Dude

I'm not getting the spawn from behind issues... what mode(s) are you usually playing? Are you constantly moving? I had to take a different approach from BF1 and not worry about taking cover or setting up somewhere until the coast is clear. In TF, i think it is vital to staymoving and never stop. Stay unpredictable and on the walls as much as possible.

Well that was probably mainly in pilot vs Pilot, I love regular tdm. But amped hardpoint is so far my favorite and the more that feels the best to me. Bounty hunter is probably the next mode that I find decent.

Edit :and oh yea, I move nonstop... I'm an aggressive shooter in games and I think sometimes the campers are what really get me

Animator

There is no spawns from front or behind in Titanfall because titanfall does not have a "ok the enemy is going to come from this direction" frontline to it aside from the very round start. If you are playing this game properly you are constantly zipping around the map and expecting threats from any direction. It is not like COD back spawn bullshit at all because COD doesn't have %5 of the mobility titanfall gives you.

--

On another note just unlocked Holo Pilot ability and it is fucking amazing.

Marvel

could never
Posted my connection woes on the official forums, seems like a fair few others are having the extact same problem so not just a handful of us gaffers.

The Dude

There is no spawns from front or behind in Titanfall because titanfall does not have a "ok the enemy is going to come from this direction" frontline to it aside from the very round start. If you are playing this game properly you are constantly zipping around the map and expecting threats from any direction. It is not like COD back spawn bullshit at all because COD doesn't have %5 of the mobility titanfall gives you.

--

On another note just unlocked Holo Pilot ability and it is fucking amazing.

I enjoy the game a bit more as I play it but I think it's a bit far fetched for anyone to not feel the call of duty in this game, that seems a bit impossible. I can work to enjoy the game, but I can step back and call a spade a spare.

Picked this up yesterday and started the campaign today, and shit, this is great stuff.

I'm on the stage where
you flip back and forth through time
and that mechanic came out of goddamn nowhere. The way the level design utilizes it is really cool and like others have said, this reminds me of a Valve campaign.

If it stays this strong for all five hours, this is gonna be radical.

iMax

Also, just to end the whole "full range vs limited RGB" thing...

Respawn knows whats up :D

Yeah, I'm not so sure about that. If you're playing on a PC monitor, sure. But all other TV content is 16-235—and I don't believe the console remaps HDCP-encoded content from 16-235 to 0-255, whereas it does with games.

Jtrizzy

Trying to decide on this game. Mostly just interested in the campaign...considering getting it on pc w sli 970's or for ps4 pro bc i prefer playing with a controller especially if I do play some multiplayer.

Dingles

Sorry might have been answered already - Happy Hour bugged? spent most of today jumping on different networks. Leveled pretty quick.

Dantis

Loving the multi on this so much. I mostly do FFA, but I dabble in AH now and again too.

Movement feels unmatched to me. Really incredible.

Haven't even tried Campaign yet.

MGrant

Two awesome moments just now:

1. Dude and I are having a 1v1 gun battle, we both need to reload, so he charges me and jumps to finish me with a karate kick, but I punch him out of the air and he goes FLYING.

2. Enemy Titan has me cornered, I have bout $400 to bank, and I'm fucked. Out of nowhere, a teammate's Titanfall crushes him to death. Perfecto.

thumb

Banned
Respawn, thanks for a great campaign! You deserve the accolades you're getting in this thread.

I've also now played a bit of multiplayer, but really I want more SP content. Please consider singe player DLC, even it's not about Jack and BT. Make it about Gates and Tone! Or something. Anything!

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Been playing the campaign on hard for my first time through and I'm glad I did because its still a pretty easy campaign so far except for a few parts where they go crazy with the spider mines. I am liking the
boss fights and similar scenarios.
I also think they did a decent job of mixing things up and giving you some fun platforming parts mixed with shooting and titan sections. The variety in levels is pretty good so far and I can kind of see where some of the Vanquish comparisons came from.

I haven't actually played much MP but I will be diving in later tonight. Is there a NeoGAF Titanfall community on PS4 that every is joining?

Plasma

Banned
Got to love it when you get angry messages over PSN because you defended a hardpoint all game and they just couldn't capture it.

Respawn, thanks for a great campaign! You deserve the accolades you're getting in this thread.

I've also now played a bit of multiplayer, but really I want more SP content. Please consider singe player DLC, even it's not about Jack and BT. Make it about Gates and Tone! Or something. Anything!

Seconded. Let's got some co-op campaigns or strikes or something!

Sanjuro

I find the teamwork elements so far to be lacking. Every game seems to have people all over the place doing their own thing.

aravuus

Probably a third of the way through the campaign and yeah, this is pretty damn good. Been years since I've enjoyed a pure shooter campaign this much.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all

Phase Shift is insane. I can't see an argument for anything being better. I haven't switched since I unlocked it. It's incredibly versatile and useful defensively/offensively.

I find the teamwork elements so far to be lacking. Every game seems to have people all over the place doing their own thing.

Try joining a network and matchmaking with the network. I've had better games like this.

Solal

Great game,really. At first I was a bit in a "wait and see" mood...but after some time playing it and understanding the gameplay mechanics I just say wow!

Everything is well thought and very satisfying. It's clean, fast and accurate.

Big up for Respawn. The guys delivered big time.

Strider

You're not wrong but at the same time it's a major positive to me.

Almost every game out now feels so teamwork orientedthat its frustrating if you attempt to play solo. Overwatch, Battlefield, Gears, etc.

It's nice to have a game that's fun both in a group and when queueing solo.

Izuna

Banned
Yeah, I'm not so sure about that. If you're playing on a PC monitor, sure. But all other TV content is 16-235—and I don't believe the console remaps HDCP-encoded content from 16-235 to 0-255, whereas it does with games.

Huh? What are you talking about?

They're just doing their best to make sure that your console is set to the same as your television. A lot of people set their consoles to Full because they think it's better, but their TVs are limited so they get crushed blacks.

I have seen other people do the opposite where their screens are full (usually monitors) but their console is limited.

Sanjuro

You're not wrong but at the same time it's a major positive to me.

Almost every game out now feels so teamwork orientedthat its frustrating if you attempt to play solo. Overwatch, Battlefield, Gears, etc.

It's nice to have a game that's fun both in a group and when queueing solo.

I feel the new Battlefield offers both elements. There are times where nothing is clicking and other times your team is operating like butter. Halo has aspects where even randoms can figure out the objective.

So far here I could almost disable visuals on all teammates and have the same experience.

This campaign. This motherfucking campaign. I though you were hyping it for no reason, but holy shit DOES it live to the hype and beyond. THAT particular part of the game had me smiling non-stop. Some genuine, genius shit.

As a lone wolf, I'm kinda glad it doesn't require that much teamwork.

Top Bottom