• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Izuna

Banned
This is news to me, I have an idea for a Christmas present now.

Does it get in the way of an Elite Controller paddles do you know?

For that I have no clue. Don't use an Elite.

but i found this for you

VERY COOL in both function and FORM! It looks really slick attached to the already impressive Elite Controller body! In fact, with the ChatPad attached, the four under-paddles are less prone to being pushed by accident when you set the controller down on an uneven surface, such as the armrest of your gaming chair etc. It is also feather light, so it adds no perceptible additional weight to the controller.

Highly recommend!

via https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...One-quot-ChatPad-quot-for-my-Elite-Controller!

jdstorm

Banned
Search isn't helping much so I am just going to ask.

If I was one of those many people who didn't enjoy the tech tests(too different from TF1 and what made TF1 so great) am I likely to still not enjoy the full game?

Tempted to pick it up, but could be spending $90 to play 10 minutes.

Also, will this game take advantage of the Pro at all?

You could always buy it physically. That way it only costs you 10-20 dollars if you decide to sell it

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Your situational awareness on homefront (is that the right name?) was impressive. The second you got shot once, popped phase, 180 run back at the guy, come out of phase and another 180 and you're right behind him.

I could see it being super valuable, esp cuz I think you get two or three uses with a full bar

Thanks man, I appreciate it. I remember that exact moment you are talking about, I was hoping at least someone saw that!

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
PvP staying, sure

But get it out of Variety. People who like that mode don't want to play others, and vice versa.

Is it currently in Variety? Unless you're referring to Skirmish, but Skirmish allows Titans.

If they keep Attrition as it is currently, then Skirmish too similar. If they change Attrition, the I would add Skirmish and separate Variety up like

Variety 1 [Attrition, Skirmish, Bounty Hunt]
Variety 2 [Amped Hardpoint, CTF, Last Titan Standing]
Pilots vs. Pilots
Free for All
... then separate modes, which should matchmake with the Variety players

that's my dream

That's not a bad idea -- combining Variety with the other modes so "Variety" doesn't take away from any of the playlists. I just don't think Free For All (like Pilot Hunter) are game types that fit TitanFall all that much but I guess Pilot Hunter does give people as much of a CoD type game mode as possible for people who may want that from time to time.

I haven't actually played Attrition yet so I had no clue it works almost exactly like Skirmish. That seems weird.

Alchemist

When searching for a match and it says # in your region, is that the total number of players in that playlist or just in my local area? I'm in London and current number is just under 1k. If the number ever hits 0, does that mean I can no longer play?

I think I might drop the campaign difficulty down a notch from the highest. It's not particularly difficult, but having to play overly carious in a game like this just seems wrong.

Just enjoy the campaign the first playthrough. No need to make it overly difficult

Two rules of thumb. Never venture out alone and always try to have a 2:1 or better advantage, never fight 1:1 if you can help it.

That sounds like good advice. I played one match and we were inside a building with very little space. Didn't seem like a good map for that mode

The Dude

I mean, you can call it "CoD like" if you want, but a lot of people in this very thread have already said with examples why that's not the case. It's not so much calling a spade a spade as you calling a fork a spade while everyone else is calling it a fork.

Making a kill in this game feels just about the same as it does In call of duty in terms of gunplay. The core game is built from that feel, it's as simple as that. Now is there more elements, definitely. I'm not saying it's a clone I'm saying it's in the call of duty family, just as they all are. It doesn't feel like halo, it doesn't feel like Battlefield, Doom, Overwatch, on and on... It feels like call of duty, why is that hard to handle?

But I've said it many times now it's the most polished and smooth, and well built one to date imho. The more I play the more I enjoy, and I'm starting to get my typical 20 to 30 kills in tdm, but it's adapting to the call of duty play style with sliding and wall running. It's a fun game, I'm not bashing it

B00TE

When searching for a match and it says # in your region, is that the total number of players in that playlist or just in my local area? I'm in London and current number is just under 1k. If the number ever hits 0, does that mean I can no longer play?

Pretty sure it's local area. When grouped in a party the other night, we all saw different numbers during the queue. That'll be what gets you your best connection, but shouldn't render the game unplayable, afaik.

Zemm

What platform are you on? I'm on London servers too and it's at 13k on PC.

Lucifon

I feel like bounty hunt and all team modes should be 6v6. The difference is instantly noticable - so much more hectic and intense.

The DMR is really hit or miss. I did awful with it on Boomtown, but insanely well on Homestead. Having really long sightlines on Homestead along with A-Wall just leads to you picking off a ton of Pilots.

I feel like Ion's too built around his small laser. His gun feels really weak, and I don't really know what to do while fighting another Titan other than throw out a few shots of the gun, fire the laser, and then back off. I still want to Vortex Shield a Salvo Core, so I'll keep playing him.
How long til PC TitanGAF happy hour? Away from my PC atm.
6PM PST. Starts in ~1 hour. I need to come up with a better time for EU people, or make a copy of the network with a different Happy Hour that fits with EU timezones.

RedFury

The DMR is really hit or miss. I did awful with it on Boomtown, but insanely well on Homestead. Having really long sightlines on Homestead along with A-Wall just leads to you picking off a ton of Pilots.

I feel like Ion's too built around his small laser. His gun feels really weak, and I don't really know what to do while fighting another Titan other than throw out a few shots of the gun, fire the laser, and then back off. I still want to Vortex Shield a Salvo Core, so I'll keep playing him.

6PM PST. Starts in ~1 hour. I need to come up with a better time for EU people, or make a copy of the network with a different Happy Hour that fits with EU timezones.
Did anything change for him from the tech test? I feel like his mechanics changed or something, I can't put my finger on it. I felt like you could shoot the laser more in the test and that his main gun did more damage. He was my go to, I couldn't get nothing going with scorch. Now scorch is my go to and I can't get nothing going with ion.

Is it possible to turn off the parts of the HUD that constantly slide in on both sides when people do shit? I just don't care and it clutters up the screen. I didn't see an option for it.

Northstar rocks, she is my new girl. Tone is dumped.

One shot with the Plasma Railgun...
2 kills
Full Clip here

n5ZjG1L.gif

Dreavus

Hey guys, is there any kind of demo or stress test or benchmark type of thing I could use to test my computer against this game? I know there was a multiplayer beta before the game came out but I assume that's gone now.

Zemm

PS4.

Players Online is 25k

oh right, yeah I know the number you mean now, the one where you start the actual matchmaking. It's usually around 500-700~ on PC. Pretty sure that's region and not playlist.

Is it possible to turn off the parts of the HUD that constantly slide in on both sides when people do shit? I just don't care and it clutters up the screen. I didn't see an option for it.

In the video options > hud options

Vipu

Banned
I think I might drop the campaign difficulty down a notch from the highest. It's not particularly difficult, but having to play overly carious in a game like this just seems wrong.

Yep, hardest is just not made for this.

I started with it too but put it down to hard because it just turns into camp and kill 1by1.

Vipu

Banned

At least on PC there is HUD options in video options where you can turn of HUD stuff, I turned of most of the useless stuff that just fills screen with useless stuff!

?
Are you aiming down the sights? If so, thats not how you use the Alternator.

car and the gun below it are way better not down the sites and have longer distance accuracy. Unless you're extremely short distance it's not good against decent players because of their movement. The shotgun is better at the distance required.

Did anything change for him from the tech test? I feel like his mechanics changed or something, I can't put my finger on it. I felt like you could shoot the laser more in the test and that his main gun did more damage. He was my go to, I couldn't get nothing going with scorch. Now scorch is my go to and I can't get nothing going with ion.
I didn't play the tech test, so I can't compare to that. I do know that I like using Scorch waaaaaay more than Ion.

If I was one of those many people who didn't enjoy the tech tests(too different from TF1 and what made TF1 so great) am I likely to still not enjoy the full game?

Give it a rent at redbox for $3 a night. I hated the tech test and rented it for the campaign, beat it and after 2 games of multi I decided I needed to go back out and buy it lol

Zemm

Its been 10K to 17K each time I have been on PC. 14K earlier today.

That's the worldwide total. When you start the matchmaking sometimes it'll say something like "4/12 players found from 624 players", with those 624 players being from your region (so London for me).

I don't think comparing it to two games no one plays, possibly for this reason, is helpful. And if this was the game fair enough. But it's not. It's a multiplayer mode and it doesn't make it clear what you should to be doing to win.

No one played Killzone? Right. What about Uncharted? The MP in those games had dynamic objectives too, but no one played those either I suppose. Plus, those are just the dynamic objective featuring games I could think of, I'm sure there are many others I haven't played, it's not all that uncommon.

Either way, I'm not convinced as to how shifting between attacking, and depositing is all that complex or confusing. If you don't get it then you can just play the other modes.

Hated the tech test completely, but gave them the benefit of the doubt based on impressions and I love the game personally. It has a pro patch on the disc already btw.

Making a kill in this game feels just about the same as it does In call of duty in terms of gunplay. The core game is built from that feel, it's as simple as that. Now is there more elements, definitely. I'm not saying it's a clone I'm saying it's in the call of duty family, just as they all are. It doesn't feel like halo, it doesn't feel like Battlefield, Doom, Overwatch, on and on... It feels like call of duty, why is that hard to handle?

But I've said it many times now it's the most polished and smooth, and well built one to date imho. The more I play the more I enjoy, and I'm starting to get my typical 20 to 30 kills in tdm, but it's adapting to the call of duty play style with sliding and wall running. It's a fun game, I'm not bashing it

I think it's a narrow view to think of COD to be defined merely by its controls. If that were the case then there are a myriad of other games that control and feel similar, yet aren't exactly COD-like.

Controlling like COD doesn't make a game Call of Duty like, Homefront, Destiny, Singularity, Wolfenstein all controlled very similarly to Call of Duty games too but I don't think many would say that they're in the 'Call of Duty' family. Plus, if one spends about half of the time in a Titan, another quarter using the games mobility systems as a pilot, and only a third actually engaging enemies in pilot gunplay, how does that give the game a similar feel to COD, at all?

Are you playing pilot TDM perhaps?

Why are the population numbers so low?

What platform are you on? On PS4 it lists 20-30k players at the moment. That's not Call of Duty numbers but that's not low either.

Hopefully it picks up over the holiday period as people realise this is a great game, via word of mouth, reviews, and whatnot. I suspect this is likely to be the best shooter of the year, by quite a margin.

Gorillaz

Why are the population numbers so low?
Launching in between battlefield and cost
Launch a week before a cod that has the greatest cod ever attached to it as a add on
Tech test lukewarm response

It's mainly because cod4 is now looming in the distance and bf1

Top Bottom