• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

soultron

Banned
The Hemlock AR is the truth. Love burst-fire rifles that have accuracy over range.

I dropped my anti-Titan for the P2011 pistol and I love picking people off with it. I put a silencer on it and it basically feels like the USP from MW2 now.

The G2 is my spirit animal
Same. I tried the Hemlock, and was disappointed. Then put my hands on the G2 and I've been rocking fools since.
I just posted about this a moment ago

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=222212279&postcount=3784

I only barely made it, but it didn't take me more than a handful tries once I changed to the shotgun. Hope seeing that run helps you.
Damn, that was smooth. I can hardly hit 35 seconds. I really need to practice.

Alchemist

Weird how I hated the beta maps for both this and Battlefield 1 and in the full games, they're among my favorites to play on. Drydock is the best and Complex is easily the worst.

argh, this loading screen bug is really annoying. I have to exit the game through task manager like every three or four matches now. At least this time I created a dump of the process in case the devs want it.

Also occcurs during single player as well, which is doubly annoying.

Weird how I hated the beta maps for both this and Battlefield 1 and in the full games, they're among my favorites to play on. Drydock is the best and Complex is easily the worst.

Complex is just awful. It's a mess of a map, and super cluttered. There's just so much garbage laying around.

robotrock

Banned
It's amazing how much better I am with a controller than a KB/Mouse in this game. I was getting stomped on PC and I'm rolling on PS4

I'd be curious to know how you'd do with a controller on the PC version now that you know you can do it on consoles.

Been thinking about making the switch on PC.

Heard that single player can't be played offline? True or bullshit?

gonna unplug my ethernet cable and check for you.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Who in the FUCK thought I want to listen to random ass people over my TV at the multiplayer screen just cause we are in the same network? This is feature nobody would want.

Izuna

Banned
Who in the FUCK thought I want to listen to random ass people over my TV at the multiplayer screen just cause we are in the same network? This is feature nobody would want.

Yup! That's why I stay in TitanGAF.

I switched up because I wanted to get an early Happy Hour in and I noped the fuck out of that.

EL CUCO

Can someone break down how player progression works? I'm not sure what level I am lol

And how many levels are in each prestige/gen?

SwolBro

Banned
Is it possible to turn off the parts of the HUD that constantly slide in on both sides when people do shit? I just don't care and it clutters up the screen. I didn't see an option for it.

yeah there is an option to turn the stuff on the right side.

Pilot 8v8 is fucking broken because of how many people abuse sonar and map hack. it's just so stupid to have all these abilities to see through walls.

I've been doing just fine on PC with a controller

Ditto, I'm SUPER surprised how well I'm doing here. Like in BF1 I could see me doing well with the added aim assist in that since it's a slower paced game anyway, but man am I able to keep up and beat a lot more people than I expected to in Titanfall 2.

^ Honestly the only thing I've been down on is the Wall hack stuff
And the lack of people so no way to play some playlists :/
had some matches where it was just a CONSTANT barrage of wall hacks and sonar pulses, on the enemy team and my team doing it.

Same. Consistently placing in top 3 with a controller.

I played the first game with a controller on PC and always did well. Only reason I went with PS4 this time is because of how quickly the community died in the first game

It's bullshit. Unplugged my ethernet cable, opened Origin, then opened Titanfall 2, got into campaign easy.

Yeah it made no sense when someone posted earlier but I wasn't sure

Izuna

Banned
I agree that Complex is butt, but can you guys see the light with Crash Site? ;s

Complex is straight up "please delete"

Never used Origin until this game and Battlefield 4, I can see why it's a piece of crap now.

Alt Tabbing out of the game every time it wants to notify me of anything, and since there's no borderless window for this game, I basically get frozen very often.

I know I can use something like advance options command or borderless gaming, but my framerate tanks really bad in that case.

You would think with all the constant map hacks and sonar daggers etc, that there would be a way to appear hidden from them with an ability like cold blooded or something so you don't show up. The invisible thrusters are ok but it's not enough really.

So after over 30 hours time to give my impressions.

This is the sequel I didn't know I wanted.

I loved OG Titanfall. I put over 200 hours into it and loved every minute. Titanfall 2 was my most anticipated game of 2016. I wanted much more of the same. The Tech Test though had me a little worried. No Attrition and average maps. Bounty Hunt was not the best game mode.

They changed the Titan / Pilot dynamic with the addition of batteries and non regen shields. I was not a fan of the new Rodeo.Unable to change Titan chassis and weapons was disappointing.

But they made some tweaks for weekend two and it grew on me for the most part.

Fast forward to launch and I was super hyped. Even though knew it wasn't really the sequel I wanted. And it delivered. I get all the changes that Respawn made now.

It just works so well. Everything. The balance in the game is incredible. Every load out works and nothing is OP. The Titans can destroy but all have a weakness that can be exploited by the right enemy Titan. Batteries are brilliant.

And the campaign. Just incredible.The critical response to this game has been outstanding and none of it is hyperbole. I hope commercial success comes their way too. It won't sell like a Battlefield or COD, I think even Respawn know that. It deserves it though.

Before retiring for the evening, one final clip. I get my Titan, Northstar, without being billed. And she wrecks the enemy Grunts, Pilots, and Titans.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Dr Quincy M E/video/22986139

And goes out in heroic style with a Flight Core
and killed by an enemy Titanfall in mid air

This game.

Edit: Respawn devs/team who read this. Please share with your colleagues. You really do deserve high praise. I am really looking forward to future updates.

HelloMeow

Crash site has super weird spawns, is way too big for attrition, has all kinds of crap that ruins wall runs and is too narrow for titans in many places.

Najaf

Playing this makes me wish so much that the respawn team would just say fuck it and make a "modern war"fare game. The gunplay is so good. I just don't really care about mech combat. Show me what kinds of maps you can do when focusing on boots on the ground infantry combat.

Haines

Banned

Never heard a single person on my mp screen. I'm in the gaf thing.

Looking at it. You can mute stuff so it's not a problem.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Just wanna chime in and say this game is bloody great.

Beat the campaign last night (think I clocked around 5hrs like most are saying?) which was an absolute blast. I feel like I'll play it again at some point, but for now the multiplayer is where it's at.

The moment-to-moment gameplay is just so fluid and fun. Sorry Overwatch and SFV, but this will be my go-to comfort game for the foreseeable future!

KodaRuss

Playing this makes me wish so much that the respawn team would just say fuck it and make a "modern war"fare game. The gunplay is so good. I just don't really care about mech combat. Show me what kinds of maps you can do when focusing on boots on the ground infantry combat.

We have plenty of those games. We got what gaming needs in Titanfall 2

Picked this up (quite unexpectedly) thanks to that single player praise thread, had a question about multiplayer

One of the reasons I almost never play shooter MP is because how frustrating it is to be a new player and getting destroyed and outclassed by higher-ranked, better-equipped players. Is it like that here or is it more welcoming to new players learning the ropes?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
First time I want to play multiplayer and it doesn't work. Kind of a smear on a great game. Not their fault, of course.

Picked this up (quite unexpectedly) thanks to that single player praise thread, had a question about multiplayer

One of the reasons I almost never play shooter MP is because how frustrating it is to be a new player and getting destroyed and outclassed by higher-ranked, better-equipped players. Is it like that here or is it more welcoming to new players learning the ropes?

Seems fine imo for newer players. I got a legion chassis early and went to town. I have an off game here and there, but usually in top two.

So so. There are modes with AI npcs as objectives which is great as it lets you learn things while fighting things you can easily outperform. Obviously there are still enemy pilots and titans running around but it offers enough to do that you can learn the ropes.

In terms of better equipment... yes, unfortunately. The more you use a weapon the more accessories and unlocks you get for it and the better it becomes. But it's never really too much of an issue because the guns are all great in their basic form anyway. They just get... better, but it's mostly things like ammo count or reload speed so it doesn't directly affect TTK.

I haaaaaaaaaaaaaate the Sonar Pulse and Map Hack. I'd be completely fine if only Tone had wallhacks, but people are abusing the hell out of these abilities. I'm coated in orange for like half of most of my matches and it makes flanking so much harder because there are no countermeasures when 3-4 people are popping these things every 30 seconds. There are already no silenced weapons, which I'm okay with, but this is overkill. Everyone's always lit up on your UI.

On the other hand, executions always make me feel better.

tUUI2IZ.gif

The starting assault rifle you get to use is basically use able in any situation in MP IMO, so in terms of equipment you wont necessarily find that everyone else has an advantage, just more options.

I'd suggest trying it with a group of players first instead of lone wolfing it too, probably would be the easiest way to make it seem less frustrating until you're used to the combat/situations in MP. Also stick to Bounty Hunt and Attriton since those have AI so you don't have to be engaging only with actual people in order to win. This game definitely seems like it can have a much a higher gap between low level and high level play, so expect to run into some people who will just trounce everyone in their way.

I haaaaaaaaaaaaaate the Sonar Pulse and Map Hack. I'd be completely fine if only Tone had wallhacks, but people are abusing the hell out of these abilities. I'm coated in orange for like half of most of my matches and it makes flanking so much harder because there are no countermeasures when 3-4 people are popping these things every 30 seconds. There are already no silenced weapons, which I'm okay with, but this is overkill. Everyone's always lit up on your UI.

On the other hand, executions always make me feel better.

tUUI2IZ.gif
It's a weird one. It's not too bad if only one or two people are using it and it definitely has a place. But then on the other hand if everyone has one it feels like by the time one is finished, another has been popped.

Still though, I don't think the sonar pulse is op as it is easily outplayed by just running away. The map hack isn't out playable though and although it's a boost you can still get 3-4 per game so might need tweaking.

BIGWORM

Respawn completely omitted the Smart Pistol from MP? I feel like they threw that in
post-BT Mk. I
as a nod to it.

Respawn completely omitted the Smart Pistol from MP? I feel like they threw that in
post-BT Mk. I
as a nod to it.
It's a boost that you get. One of the last to be unlocked though and it replaces your secondary weapon. Also it only has 24 bullets and is more aim dependant than in tf1 - it locks on quicker the closer you are to your target and the closer to the centre of the reticule the target is.

Top Bottom