• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Just finished the campaign and there was some really excellent level design to be found, it's so crazy that we were able to get this and DOOM in the same year. While the gameplay was amazing, I feel that the presentation was a bit off and created a bit of a disjointed feel, which interrupted the pacing for me. I don't think it quite holds up to Wolfenstein: The New Order or DOOM's campaigns, but it did a pretty damn good job for a game that is multiplayer focused. Really happy to see the folks at Respawn haven't lost their touch when it comes to single player.

Izuna

Banned
I feel like certain modes should be consolidated/removed -- I would get rid of Free For All, Pilot Hunter, and add Skirmish, make Variety incorporate all those modes. Maybe I'm wrong for thinking that, but there shouldn't be too many modes and I feel like there is at the moment.

Also, Variety can also include "fun" gametypes eventually, like the one where the ground is lava/fire.

PvP staying, sure

But get it out of Variety. People who like that mode don't want to play others, and vice versa.

If they keep Attrition as it is currently, then Skirmish too similar. If they change Attrition, the I would add Skirmish and separate Variety up like

Variety 1 [Attrition, Skirmish, Bounty Hunt]
Variety 2 [Amped Hardpoint, CTF, Last Titan Standing]
Pilots vs. Pilots
Free for All
... then separate modes, which should matchmake with the Variety players

that's my dream

RedFury

This fucking game man. I haven't been this excited for a game in a long time. I've also never had a game that I've been this excited for actually meet my expectations...until now. You fucking did it Respawn, Bravo.

Sanjuro

cOumLYY.gif

iMax

Huh? What are you talking about?

They're just doing their best to make sure that your console is set to the same as your television. A lot of people set their consoles to Full because they think it's better, but their TVs are limited so they get crushed blacks.

I have seen other people do the opposite where their screens are full (usually monitors) but their console is limited.

The text says "preferably full range on both", which isn't necessarily true.

Are you telling me there are actually arguments as to whether TVs and consoles should have consistent settings? That's crazy. Mixing them would look awful!

Marvel

could never
Alternator fine up close, mid range or distance I'd agree it is quite bad.

You're wreckin fools.

I need to slide more. I keep forgetting it keeps you moving fast, esp cuz I use the grappling hook so much.

Also, you seem to like the phase shift. I should try that one out.
Use stim until you get phase shift, it'll save your life and allow you to pull off some pretty sick shit with minimal effort.

Use stim until you get phase shift, it'll save your life and allow you to pull off some pretty sick shit with minimal effort.

I have phase, just haven't used it. I'm 28 iirc.

Tried stim a little bit. That's an option too. Giving up the grappling hook makes me feel like I'm moving too slow. I don't like that the stim is single use though versus multiple charge like grappling or phase shift.

E: anyone using tone? I've got my ronin to 21 cuz I've been rockin him pretty much exclusively. Looking for a possible change tho. survivability of ronin is not great tbh.

Izuna

Banned
The text says "preferably full range on both", which isn't necessarily true.

Are you telling me there are actually arguments as to whether TVs and consoles should have consistent settings? That's crazy. Mixing them would look awful!

its says preferably, you should make sure they're the same...

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
You're wreckin fools.

I need to slide more. I keep forgetting it keeps you moving fast, esp cuz I use the grappling hook so much.

Also, you seem to like the phase shift. I should try that one out.

Yeah the phase shift has been invaluable for me. Sometimes it fucks me over, but most of the time I get a few kills out of it.

JJShadow

I don't know if any of you have experienced this but sometimes the matchmaking seems to work really bad. I lost like 6-7 games in a row before and I was always matched against people like 20 levels higher than me. I ended up at the top of my team scoreboard on all those games, but the score from my other teammates was awful (Bounty Hunt)

Btw, I asked this yesterday but got no answer: how do you matchmake/create a party in-game with people from your network?

This game keeps freezing like every three or four matches. Really annoying. It just sits on the load screen forever. I feel bad, because whatever team I was on must be playing 5v5, but there's nothing I can do about it.

Yeah the phase shift has been invaluable for me. Sometimes it fucks me over, but most of the time I get a few kills out of it.

Your situational awareness on homefront (is that the right name?) was impressive. The second you got shot once, popped phase, 180 run back at the guy, come out of phase and another 180 and you're right behind him.

I could see it being super valuable, esp cuz I think you get two or three uses with a full bar

They should put all game modes on one page so that people see them. I didn't even know there was another page until I saw people talking about it in this thread. Player counts are super low for anything on the second page

Also probably worth a shout out for the elite controller. Using paddles for boost ability and dropping your titan has been awesome. Although the first couple hours were painful. Like learning to use a controller for the first time. So weird.

Vic_Bast

Planning to buy this on PS4. Does it have South America servers? I'm located in Brazil and need to know if there is enough people to play.

Miker

What's the best way to digest info from the radar? It doesn't seem to be all that useful in locating or predicting where enemies will come from.

Multiplayer is basically unplayable for me. Despite the game showing my ping as constantly in the "good" range, and my ping to the datacenter being 17ms, and a 100+mbps DL speed, every game I'm playing has player-characters and bots stuttering every three steps, or freezing then teleporting. Tried every conceivable setting on my router and the problem persists.

Super bizarre. I can't think of ANY game i've had this happen to me before.

I want to keep playing but if I can't have even a marginally smooth experience I guess it's back to BF1?

Miker

In general, I feel like this game is almost HUD overload

I agree, which is why I turned off some of the HUD stuff like medals. And despite all the shit they have on the HUD that's not relevant to the match, I sometimes struggle to find the banks when they spawn in Bounty Hunt.

What's the best way to digest info from the radar? It doesn't seem to be all that useful in locating or predicting where enemies will come from.

I've yet to figure this out as well. With the verticality involved I think it would help to have some sort of indication of when someone is significantly above or below you.

I enjoy the game a bit more as I play it but I think it's a bit far fetched for anyone to not feel the call of duty in this game, that seems a bit impossible. I can work to enjoy the game, but I can step back and call a spade a spare.

I mean, you can call it "CoD like" if you want, but a lot of people in this very thread have already said with examples why that's not the case. It's not so much calling a spade a spade as you calling a fork a spade while everyone else is calling it a fork.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Omg the XB1 OS is so shit at times. Had a really cool moment were I was in a Titan, killed a few including a titan when I nuke'd it and I managed to call in a another Titan right away as I landed after ejecting which then landed on two Titans and killed which led to us winning.

I tried recording but the double tap home + Y was being stupid and kept sending me home instead.. >_>

Izuna

Banned
Omg the XB1 OS is so shit at times. Had a really cool moment were I was in a Titan, killed a few including a titan when I nuke'd it and I managed to call in a another Titan right away as I landed after ejecting which then landed on two Titans and killed which led to us winning.

I tried recording but the double tap Y was being stupid and kept sending me home instead.. >_>

yeah that's why I like the chatpad, it has a record gameplay button

I think I might drop the campaign difficulty down a notch from the highest. It's not particularly difficult, but having to play overly cautious in a game like this just seems wrong.

There was even more information in R1, and yet it was all easily digestible.

Really? I played boat loads of R1 but it never seemed to bother me. That was also over 2 yrs ago so maybe I just don't remember. It doesn't seem like you can turn a lot of it off either.

Oh well. Still love the game

Search isn't helping much so I am just going to ask.

If I was one of those many people who didn't enjoy the tech tests(too different from TF1 and what made TF1 so great) am I likely to still not enjoy the full game?

Tempted to pick it up, but could be spending $90 to play 10 minutes.

Also, will this game take advantage of the Pro at all?

Servantes

Neo Member
Just got the platinum trophy for this game.
The singleplayer was alot of fun!
Except for the ending dind't like it that much.
Now on to the multiplayer!

Top Bottom