• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Been seeing so much A-wall camping and map hack spam. God damn is it annoying.

Homestead somehow is getting even worse playing with all of that popping off.

Alx

Been seeing so much A-wall camping and map hack spam. God damn is it annoying.

Homestead somehow is getting even worse playing with all of that popping off.

Is A-wall really that useful ? The few times I tried it, I always got sniped the instant the wall drops (you can see on the kill cam the opponent patiently waiting with the crosshair on my head... I guess it was fun for him :D)

Really getting the hang of Ronin now... and regened him already.

Key is to use the shotgun instead of the sword at close range unless you have a sword core.

Also moving in and out is key. I decided to go with a nuclear core though instead of a third dash because if I can pin a titan in a corner or something I can blow em up... I've gotten plenty of triple kills with it too.

My wish list for Ronin would be maybe a sword melee buff and the ability to toggle the sword block... or have it be more like Genji's in Overwatch that will block all shots for a short period and then have a cool down.

malfcn

Maybe it was because I spread it out over 3 days (and grinding the training gauntlet), but it didn't feel that short.

Could it have been longer, sure. But the pacing felt good. And I didn't feel cheated by its length.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Player is 50 levels, weapon/titans are 20.

Cheers!
Please excuse all the questions. Kind of hard to find accurate info when half the Wikis out there still reference TF1 info.

My wish list for Ronin would be maybe a sword melee buff and the ability to toggle the sword block... or have it be more like Genji's in Overwatch that will block all shots for a short period and then have a cool down.

I thought that's how it worked ^^; Is it literally just a damage % reduction while holding it? (I guess the crux is that you can't do anything else besides boost.)

My only major complaint about the multiplayer is the networking system. "Invite network" seems to be targeted towards very large groups from which you pool a few random people who happen to be online at the time. Not very "close group of regulars" friendly like Overwatch, for instance.

OW also gives you the group XP bonus, which is a nice incentive. It also manages to keep everyone together much more consistently as well. Granted it's only been a weekend, but often TF2 has told me "party disbanded" after a match, so I quit matchmaking only to have my friend join a new game without me... Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if there are a few bugs that need ironing out.

Also, I would really love it if they included some pilot/titan gestures or other "social" elements down the line. I get that the game is fast-paced and not geared towards this sort of interaction, but players will surely always manage to find time for cute stuff (in the dropship, at the end of a round, etc.) if it's there.

I love the look of the skins and can't wait to play more and unlock them, but part of me feels like the cosmetics are very "introverted" (in that there's not a lot of time to appreciate another player's personalised look). Gestures or something similar could contribute well - they could be mapped to left touchpad (while scoreboard stays on right).

Voice commands/quips could also be considered, but there's so much going on sound-wise (in a good way, mind!) that they would have to be very focused and difficult to implement well as a result.

Just some thoughts as a lowly lvl 10 pilot. Minor nitpicks, though. Absolutely loving the game.

FeD.nL

What's the word on post launch support? Patches and maps coming or what?

Well Vince Zampella implied Frontier Defense is definitely on it's way.

EHjqhvb.png

Squire

Banned
So, I'm probably going to order this as soon as Amazon restocks the vanilla versions (LOL). I'm mainly getting it for the campaign (which sounds phenomenal), but what is the MP like for someone that doesn't play a lot of CoD or MP in general?

The only MP shooter I've ever been into is Overwatch. I played the tech test for this, so I know the survivability is much much lower than OW and that was pretty discouraging. I like what I'm hearing about deaths not being fracked and the different Titan loadouts/play-styles though. I'm open to give it an honest try, to find the modes for me. Please advise.

Marvel

could never
Is anyone having connection issues? I'm seeing all kinds of weird stuff.
Yes, MP has been almost completely broken since Thursday for me. Not getting any attention on the official bug forums either. There's quite a few of us with these server timeouts now.

It's amazing how much better I am with a controller than a KB/Mouse in this game. I was getting stomped on PC and I'm rolling on PS4

The game has some aim assist on controllers, but more significantly than that it also has the best controls for controller that a game has ever had. Everything from deadzones to acceleration are absolutely spot on.

My fiance was watching some of my match replays and noted 'I can't believe that wasn't taken using keyboard and mouse'.

I've never felt so in tune with a games controls since Call of Duty 4 / World at War. Something changed with Call of Duty after those titles.

Victrix

*beard*
The guns and titans in this game feel so good that I enjoy using some stuff that's objectively subpar, but still incredibly fun to shoot/use/fuck around with.

From my first hours with the multi i'm not sure i will like it, i loved the first one and i feel the gameplay is slower this time.Need to play more maybe.

ZehDon

Man, played for two hours tonight, felt like I couldn't catch a break. Cloaked shotguns on Boomtown, sniper walls on homestead, and foliage campers every where else. Got torn up. Guess I better git good.

Also, someone's gonna have to explain Attrition to me. I'm wiping out NPCs like there's no tomorrow, pull in 200+ a wave. Game ends, I'm second last on the ladder, top guy has over 3k. What am I missing here?

Beat the
assembly line
mission yesterday and
at the end of the mission when you run out of the tunnel and BT says "I have concluded that we should not take any more shortcuts" I had the biggest smirk on my face and to hold in my laughter. I haven't felt this way about a videogame campaign since Portal 2. The writing and timing of delivery for BT and Cooper is just so good.

Man, played for two hours tonight, felt like I couldn't catch a break. Cloaked shotguns on Boomtown, sniper walls on homestead, and foliage campers every where else. Got torn up. Guess I better git good.

Also, someone's gonna have to explain Attrition to me. I'm wiping out NPCs like there's no tomorrow, pull in 200+ a wave. Game ends, I'm second last on the ladder, top guy has over 3k. What am I missing here?

You mean bounty hunt? You have to deposit the money at the band between each wave to score.

ZehDon

You mean bounty hunt? You have to deposit the money at the band between each wave to score.
Ah, haha, yep, I meant Bounty Hunt. And I go straight for the bank at the end of each round. I have no idea how anyone score 2k+ on this, yet I see it constantly.

Well, I've had this game since Friday, but just now got the time to deep dive. First time since Metal Gear Solid V that a single session of a game lasted long enough for me to get the battery low warning from my Dual Shock 4.

Granted, the Dual Shock 4 doesn't have stellar battery life, but I seldom play a single session that long.

Played about 5 missions of singleplayer (took my sweet time, was trying to find collectibles as I went) then went over and did maybe 6 multiplayer matches, a couple Bounty Hunt but majority was Attrition.

So, so good. This year is truly FPS heaven for me, between Doom, Overwatch, Battlefield 1... And Shadow Warrior 2 looks great, too, but I haven't played it yet. Out of all these contenders, Titanfall 2 is probably going to take the cake, honestly.

Thank you, Respawn!

I'm getting a PSVR tomorrow and it'll be my first VR ever, but something tells me I'm going to be thinking about Titanfall 2... Maybe I will use it as my theater mode test game. :)

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Seems it's fourth in UK sales.

1) BF1
2) Skyrim Remastered
3) FIFA 17
4) Titanfall 2

:( Man, if there's a game that doesn't deserve to sell poorly, it's this. I know everyone should be blaming EA, but I really hope gamers do their part. I mean, both SP and MP are fantastic, AND DLC for maps, modes and weapons will be free. I'll be super bummed out if we don't get Titanfalll 3 since I want to know what happens in SP, and what other stuff Respawn cal pull off.

Chris1

1) BF1
2) Skyrim Remastered
3) FIFA 17
4) Titanfall 2

:( Man, if there's a game that doesn't deserve to sell poorly, it's this. I know everyone should be blaming EA, but I really hope gamers do their part. I mean, both SP and MP are fantastic, AND DLC for maps, modes and weapons will be free. I'll be super bummed out if we don't get Titanfalll 3 since I want to know what happens in SP, and what other stuff Respawn cal pull off.
To put some numbers to these positions, it sold less than 25% less of what Titanfall 1 did. Putting it at <31250.

Don't click if the above is already bad enough. Lol
The delayed 360 version of Titanfall 1 sold 28k

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

1) BF1
2) Skyrim Remastered
3) FIFA 17
4) Titanfall 2

Give it time. It's gonna be like rainbow six. Word of mouth will carry it.

Lazy Lemmy

Neo Member
Sales will pick up toward Christmas, we all know they couldn't have picked a worse release window....someone should get fired for that decision

Chris1

Also excaliburps I wouldn't worry about there not being a Titanfall 3. Well maybe a little as you're a PS guy right?

I think regardless of what happens with Titanfall 2, Titanfall 3 WILL happen. Will EA fund it? I don't know, maybe Ubisoft, maybe someone else, and if all else fails with third party publishers I'm pretty sure MS would love to get Titanfall exclusive again, considering the first one is their only even remotely successful new IP this gen and was even bigger than Gears 4.

In some way, shape or form Titanfall 3 will happen regardless as far as I'm concerned. Personally I think EA will fund it again because it's kind of their fault anyway and the game is getting praised from critics and players alike.

Hit Gen 2 last night.

Haven't found that 1 special gun yet. They all seem viable and fun to use so it's hard to stick to just one.

It's been said over and over but this is such a fun game. It's been a while since I've been hooked like this.

Dmax3901

How do I best go about enjoying multiplayer? Any particular modes to avoid? I just played a round of that bounty mode and mostly had no fucking idea what I was doing. All the different loadout slots and weapons are quite overwhelming coming from BF1 and Overwatch.

E92 M3

Premium skins pretty much. I believe they have their own sound effects, animations, etc.

Thanks!

I am loving the multiplayer, but have to admit that the map design is worse than the first game. Camping is just too effective in this one - keep in mind that it should have 0 effectiveness in a Titanfall game.

Also, Tone is love. Can keep her alive for the whole match sometimes if my teammates have a brain.

Top Bottom