• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Oh lord, this campaign. I thought some of you were just overhyping it, but it's damn good. I rarely play most campaigns, but I'm hooked. Fuck these guys know how to make a good campaign.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
I haaaaaaaaaaaaaate the Sonar Pulse and Map Hack. I'd be completely fine if only Tone had wallhacks, but people are abusing the hell out of these abilities. I'm coated in orange for like half of most of my matches and it makes flanking so much harder because there are no countermeasures when 3-4 people are popping these things every 30 seconds. There are already no silenced weapons, which I'm okay with, but this is overkill. Everyone's always lit up on your UI.
I only use maphack ever since I got it. I really wish there was a countermeasure or something I could do to prevent being painted.

Map Hack is pretty annoying, yeah. When it's one guy on the other team using it here and there it's not so bad, but the entire enemy team continuously popping it can be frustrating. No counter whatsoever. Full team full map sonar is a bit nuts. Only working for the player who activates it would be fine imo.

Izuna

Banned
This game is begging for a Gauntlet challenge map pack DLC

And as someone playing Titanfall for the first time, the movement feels so good

I've been saying for a while how Mirror's Edge has shit on Titanfall movement (it's a little better in the original for momentum, though)

Parkour was perfected by Respawn back in 2014

soultron

Banned
Map Hack is pretty annoying, yeah. When it's one guy on the other team using it here and there it's not so bad, but the entire enemy team continuously popping it can be frustrating. No counter whatsoever. Full team full map sonar is a bit nuts. Only working for the player who activates it would be fine imo.

What? There's a RADAR Jammer Tactical that I'm pretty sure is cheaper (% cost) to activate than Map Hack.

Once I have that, it's going to be my go-to Tactical.

EDIT: Added myself to the PC spreadsheet. I'm "panecasio" on PC Origin.

Fucking hell. I think I just broke a level barrier that has me matching with insanely good players. I'm starting to get halfway decent, but now my matches are such that I lose pretty consistently. :/

Izuna

Banned
What? There's a RADAR Jammer Tactical that I'm pretty sure is cheaper (% cost) to activate than Map Hack.

Once I have that, it's going to be my go-to Tactical.

EDIT: Added myself to the PC spreadsheet. I'm "panecasio" on PC Origin.

that only fucks up the radar afaik

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Hmm, I'm not sure that'd be right. Does anyone have it to confirm? We should set up a private match to confirm from both sides, during an active Map Hack.

I'd be curious to know the result. I had the same assumption as the other poster. If Radar Jammer gets red of my red outline, I will exclusively use that.

Foxxsoxx

If Titanfall does "disappoint" then I wonder what's next for Respawn. The Star Wars game is a long way off.

A game like this doesn't deserve to fail...

It's so fucking good, steady framerate, great graphics, smooth controls, both a good SP and MP, free future DLCs, no microtransactions.

What the fuck man, I'm going to go put on a ski mask and force people to buy it! xD

The Ummah

Banned
Picked up my copy today. PS4 TitanGAF, I'll see you soon. Let's fuck some shit UP.

RaZ5URl.png

Izuna

Banned
campaign spoilers

So... On Hard, there are only I think... 2 Pilot fights that are super required in the Campaign? ;p

There are little sections but barely any of the larger fights are necessary if you get past them.

KodaRuss

Hitting a Pilot out of the sky after they eject is very satisfying. Also meleeing anything is also very satisfying.

What's the most you have deposited into the Bank on Bounty Hunt.

I had almost $1300 during one game and I was freaking the fuck out trying to get to the bank without a Titan.

no like, his post has a mistake in it that's a little funny

hah, missed that.

Tbh, the blue/orange color scheme makes it pretty easy to tell at a glance. I occasionally jump when I see a friendly somewhere I didn't expect them, but by and large I can tell 'em apart.

Hitting a Pilot out of the sky after they eject is very satisfying. Also meleeing anything is also very satisfying.

What's the most you have deposited into the Bank on Bounty Hunt.

I had almost $1300 during one game and I was freaking the fuck out trying to get to the bank without a Titan.

I had nearly 900 once. Naturally, I got pinned down and killed twice en route to the bank. Fuckers.

KodaRuss

hah, missed that.

Tbh, the blue/orange color scheme makes it pretty easy to tell at a glance. I occasionally jump when I see a friendly somewhere I didn't expect them, but by and large I can tell 'em apart.

I had nearly 900 once. Naturally, I got pinned down and killed twice en route to the bank. Fuckers.

There is nothing more frustrating than getting killed end route to the bank.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
I'm out trying to sell the awesomeness of the game to as many people as possible: TF2 feels like that underdog kid in a school yard fight, I just want it to succeed so much since it's such a brilliant product, and with all-free DLC on the way.

I haven't touched BF1 since I've started playing it...I'm scared actually, I think TF2's movement delights may have killed Battlefield's slower pace for me.

A game like this doesn't deserve to fail...

It's so fucking good, steady framerate, great graphics, smooth controls, both a good SP and MP, free future DLCs, no microtransactions.

What the fuck man, I'm going to go put on a ski mask and force people to buy it! xD

I am on this vibe too, I just couldn't bare it if this failed.... it's like the dark side winning in some type of gaming war.

Ion would probably see more use if its main gun didn't require you to pull energy away from its other abilities to actually be useful.

Which... is actually the exact opposite of Tone, now that I stop and think about it. lol.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
So I played a few hours of multiplayer tonight and noticed it said 20k people were online at most -- this is PS4, mind you. That seems like an incredibly low number for how good this game is.

Or is that pretty decent for how long the game has been out?

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
So I played a few hours of multiplayer tonight and noticed it said 20k people were online at most -- this is PS4, mind you. That seems like an incredibly low number for how good this game is.

Or is that pretty decent for how long the game has been out?

I get the feeling this will be a slow burn to good pop numbers: the marketing wasn't really on point, the timing was bad but the game is so good I see a cult following building to big numbers of the next few weeks; in spite of COD dropping.

Something this good deserves to be rocking massive numbers, and so say we all.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Is there any kind of horde mode in this game? Been burning through the SP and plan to get a few MP matches in to get my bearings but curious about PvE style mode for online?
Really surprised they took it out of this game.

Yeah that's about what I was seeing earlier. I'm really hoping this game does well and has a steady player base. It is the most fun I've had with a game this year.
Sadly, only 300 people were playing LTS. I assume some modes are just going to languish.

Top Bottom