• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Titanfall 2 is my favorite game of this generation. That feeling when you and your crew call in Titans at the same time....it's magical.

This got me thinking that that coordinating titanfalls is super important. If the enemy team has multiple titans, and your team has none, calling them down one by one will just lead to them getting ganged up on and wrecked immediately. Helps a lot to try and call a few down at the same time to even things up.

I'm finding that coordinating titanfalls is super important. If the enemy team has multiple titans, and your team has none, calling them down one by one will just lead to them getting ganged up on and wrecked immediately. Helps a lot to try and call a few down at the same time to even things up.

Try stomping 2-3 enemy titans with a full team calldown.

It's surprisingly effective and hilarious.

Foxxsoxx

Incredibly fun multiplayer, but the map design inhibits quick movement. By that, I mean that it's more beneficial to sit on one rooftop and just pick people off.

Can't wait for Angel City.

I think that's my main gripe. The game is fun but discourages movement because not moving is simply more effective.

Izuna

Banned
vDKjqhB.png

OMG guys I have just found my favourite mode!

--

Also, the Smart Pistol is a lovely reward <3

I just made Gen 2, bitches

Veelk

Banned
Does anyone have a link that explained the 'story' of titanfall 1? I don't feel I'm missing out on too much, but I'd rather get as much of the full picture as I can.

so what modes are you guys mostly sticking with? Attrition is still my favorite Titanfall mode by a wide margin.

i do like Bounty Hunt more now than i did during the tech test though

Attrition offers the most free form nonsense, which is where this game shines the most for me, so that's my favorite. CTF and LTS are great for some more tense and strategic gameplay though, which is also fun as long as you have good teammates.

- Bounty Hunt still feels kinda awkward to me, and too easy to fall into a routine. It's fun mostly because the mechanics in this game are incredible, but I still think I like the concept more than the execution.
- Amped Hardpoint is not for me as a separate mode
- Pilot v Pilot is a crime against humanity
- FFA is whatever. I don't think the game necessarily needed it, but I guess there's an audience.
- Colosseum is odd

And I'll never stop saying that the other playlists should be condensed into a Warzone style rotating objective mode with Titans + AI, because I feel that could be Titanfall's greatest use of it's core ideas, mechanics, and map design. A lengthier game mode where the shifting objectives change the dynamics of the match and make full use of maps.

I feel bad for all of friends that got Battlefield because all I want to play is Titanfall now.

I had a fucking awesome game earlier today. We were down hard [in attrition]. My out of titan pilot skills are pretty mediocre. This guy on the other team was killing it. First to fall with a Ronin. He was also pretty slick piloting that chassis. He got so many melee kills, just ridiculous.

After our team starting getting titans, it was night and day. After being down by over 100 points, we brought it back. I think we won by over 50. I had six titan kills. It was just such a great game. I really need to start recording some of this gameplay.

Some people don't like Ion, but it is all I've used so far. I cannot wait to get back into it. Fuck, I need vacation time or something. I still haven't had a chance to finish the campaign.

I love the game, I just think if the base health was upped just a little bit to make gun fights more survivable people would camp less and the game would play much better because of it.

In about a week when every player on every team is running sonar blade + map hack, the game will borderline unplayable.

A week? It's already happening.

Respawn's greatest accomplishment as a developer in the year of our lord 2016 would be removing both of them.

Just think of the headlines: "Respawn Entertainment releases a patch that removes content; players rejoice, angels get their wings, Shigeru Miyamoto cries one tear of joy."

E92 M3

I'm not very good at multiplayer shooters but moments like this mean this game will never not be fun for me.

Nice dude. This game is great for making the players feel like a badass.

I think that's my main gripe. The game is fun but discourages movement because not moving is simply more effective.

Hope to see the new maps address that. Honestly surprised that they didn't see this coming.

This got me thinking that that coordinating titanfalls is super important. If the enemy team has multiple titans, and your team has none, calling them down one by one will just lead to them getting ganged up on and wrecked immediately. Helps a lot to try and call a few down at the same time to even things up.

You are correct. I usually wait until at least one of my teammates has a Titan to call mine in. We wrecked the opposing team tonight in a few matches by having at least 3 Titans together at the same time.

It's a bad feeling to be a lone Titan chasing an opponent around a corner to find two more enemy Titans waiting for you.

There's a Radar Jammer boost, but it only jams their map; outlines of pinged players are still visible. No idea why they designed it that way. When I drop a Jammer, anything they have that indicates enemy player positions should be turned off imo. Otherwise...what's the point? Waste a boost slot on something that only partially hinders them? Map Hack sure doesn't discriminate about what it shows you. You get sonar pings along with constant minimap refreshes of where they are.
Yeah, that's what i mean. I was going to unlock the jammer early because i thought it would counter map hack. Used to love jamming uav in cod. No idea who would use jammer it its current state

Foxxsoxx

Nice dude. This game is great for making the players feel like a badass.

Hope to see the new maps address that. Honestly surprised that they didn't see this coming.

Yeah besides some of the maps just not promoting movement, glowing like a spooky Jackolantern isn't helping since it's so easy to see someone parkouring. Maybe make it so barely moving makes you glow brighter and when you move you barely glow?

I feel bad for all of friends that got Battlefield because all I want to play is Titanfall now.

I had a fucking awesome game earlier today. We were down hard [in attrition]. My out of titan pilot skills are pretty mediocre. This guy on the other team was killing it. First to fall with a Ronin. He was also pretty slick piloting that chassis. He got so many melee kills, just ridiculous.

After our team starting getting titans, it was night and day. After being down by over 100 points, we brought it back. I think we won by over 50. I had six titan kills. It was just such a great game. I really need to start recording some of this gameplay.

Some people don't like Ion, but it is all I've used so far. I cannot wait to get back into it. Fuck, I need vacation time or something. I still haven't had a chance to finish the campaign.

CFG5z2v.gif

Izuna

Banned
That seems like a weird choice.
What exactly do you lose/gain? Do you get to keep stuff you've unlocked with credits?

Here's what you lose:
- Access to Weapons (unless you unlocked them with Credits)
- Access to Titans (unless you unlocked them with Credits) <-- they are only like 20c anyway
- LOADOUTS AND THEIR NAMES
- Access to Boosts and Faction

What you keep:
- Weapon progress and unlocks
- Titan progress and unlocks
- All applied Camo and Skins
- Faction progress

Haines

Banned
Is using melee with Ronin any more effective than another titan.

Kind of wish the game showed some more Stat stuff.

Like when it says more ammo idk if that's total or per clip.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
We are paying attention to these things. If it goes sideways then obvious balance knobs are the costs / cool downs.

I know this likely won't happen, but I don't think Map Hack should be in the game at all. Sonar is hit or miss, but that should probably be the only kind of thing available in the game for map awareness (if anything like it must be available at all). Map Hack just feels cheap and I don't know anyone that likes its inclusion -- I didn't even like it as a burn card in the original, but at least you had to have the card.

I'm glad y'all are paying attention to it though.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
My fiance really struggles on this game and I don't know what advice to give. She's average at games normally, 1.0 area KDR, sometimes a little lower or higher but sitting around the mark, but here she seems to have quite a bit of difficulty.

I love playing the game and I enjoy playing with her, so I wouldn't like to see her quit, but she finished her last two games with 0 kills in both and seemed quite unhappy. Any advice on an easy gun and or Titan she could use? The difficulty descriptions aren't very good in my opinion. Ion is not an easy Titan to play as because Ion's beam requires considerable accuracy while his primary shot has the meter management factor if you want to deal any real damage. I think Tone or Legion are probably the easiest to play? but what about pilot loadouts?
The R201 is kind of a do it all gun and I still haven't found a reason to switch now.

I really love North Star, although not being able to cast the shield wall is an incredible nerf from the first game.

I am on PC

Guys I am so saddened that this game isn't even on pace for TF1 at this point (from what I understand)

It make me frustrated to see that Respawn made so many different match types in multiplayer, as of 8pm PST, there is only around 7-8k online.

What is the most popular match type? I actually want to play this game with other people

I am on PC

Guys I am so saddened that this game isn't even on pace for TF1 at this point (from what I understand)

It make me frustrated to see that Respawn made so many different match types in multiplayer, as of 8pm PST, there is only around 7-8k online.

What is the most popular match type? I actually want to play this game with other people
attrition.

Deps

I feel like map hack is overrated, at least for me, I do much better w/amped weapons. With amped it's really hard to lose a 1v1, and with good map awareness you can stay alive for a loooong time.

So amazon still hasnt shipped my vanguards edition. Instead, they said theyre sorry, and Ill be receiving the item soon. And sent me a digital code for the full standard version of the game for ps4. Im here thinking, should I claim it, or wait for the vanguard to arrive...

pompidu

I know this likely won't happen, but I don't think Map Hack should be in the game at all. Sonar is hit or miss, but that should probably be the only kind of thing available in the game for map awareness (if anything like it must be available at all). Map Hack just feels cheap and I don't know anyone that likes its inclusion -- I didn't even like it as a burn card in the original, but at least you had to have the card.

I'm glad y'all are paying attention to it though.

This is gonna turn people away, it either needs to be removed completely or nerfed to hell.

Christ you use to get banned for wallhacking in counter strike but they give it to you on these games.

Now we are at that point where most people can unlock it, and now maphack is on almost all the time. It's obnoxious.

Dueck

Banned
Hemlok is too horizontal for me.

Oh speaking of guns. Whoever made the Mastiff needs a raise. What an amazing shotgun.

I keep meaning to try it out, but always go with SMGs... This endorsement encourages me to do so next time I play.

On an unrelated note, I shot a dude out of the air when he ejected from his titan a fair distance out using a thermite launcher. It was one of those moments where not having my capture card setup was cry-worthy.

Miker

Hemlok is too horizontal for me.

Oh speaking of guns. Whoever made the Mastiff needs a raise. What an amazing shotgun.

Man the Mastiff and Mozambique are two of my favorite weapon designs in forever. Too bad they're not all that practical in use though.

KodaRuss

Hate getting in a melee battle, hitting them on my screen and dieing on their kill cam.

I think it gets it right for the most part though. Some dude slid under my melee one time and melee'd me from behind. Not sure if that is possible or not

/frustrated

Just beat effect and cause tonight. Damn that was amazing. I am trying tout savor the camain playing a chapter a night. Playing on Hard which I would recommend to others

Top Bottom