• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

I think it gets it right for the most part though. Some dude slid under my melee one time and melee'd me from behind. Not sure if that is possible or not

/frustrated

Yea, I've had some frustrating melee battles. I feel like I melee them and then just get face stomped from theirs.

Revas

So amazon still hasnt shipped my vanguards edition. Instead, they said theyre sorry, and Ill be receiving the item soon. And sent me a digital code for the full standard version of the game for ps4. Im here thinking, should I claim it, or wait for the vanguard to arrive...

What's the downside to accepting the code? I haven't gotten my vanguard either, but I bought the game from cdkeys for $40.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Here's what you lose:
- Access to Weapons (unless you unlocked them with Credits)
- Access to Titans (unless you unlocked them with Credits) <-- they are only like 20c anyway
- LOADOUTS AND THEIR NAMES
- Access to Boosts and Faction

What you keep:
- Weapon progress and unlocks
- Titan progress and unlocks
- All applied Camo and Skins
- Faction progress

Very helpful, thanks!
So ideally you would "buy" any favourite weapons, Titans and boosts before committing to regen.

I'm guessing that when you regen a weapon/Titan, you lose its progress and unlocks in the same way. Does buying with credits still negate this?

Probably don't need to worry about it too much at lvl 15, but would just like to know how to keep my leveling fairly efficient (as I don't have that much time to play).

malfcn

Wtf on Black Water.

I kept spawning me inside a building that had a guy spamming cluster bombs inside. Talk about free kills for them.

Izuna

Banned
Very helpful, thanks!
So ideally you would "buy" any favourite weapons, Titans and boosts before committing to regen.

I'm guessing that when you regen a weapon/Titan, you lose its progress and unlocks in the same way. Does buying with credits still negate this?

Probably don't need to worry about it too much at lvl 15, but would just like to know how to keep my leveling fairly efficient (as I don't have that much time to play).

Nah, Weapons just kinda "level up". They have Generations, but they don't "Regen".

malfcn

Spawns are a cluster fuck. Another match I spawned as a Titan and it put me in between 2 enemy Titans.

Loved the campaign. So far online doesn't match it.

The Dude

We are paying attention to these things. If it goes sideways then obvious balance knobs are the costs / cool downs.

Really awesome of you guys to post here. My suggestion is that Titans overall don't feel powerful, most feel like tinfoil and I just think it'd be more exciting if they could withstand a bit more damage and not be damage so easily by pilots. I don't feel our titans should have to sneak and hide around corners for fear of getting slaughtered even by pilots. Just saying it's an issue I felt the first handled a little better and not sure why.

KodaRuss

Spawns are a cluster fuck. Another match I spawned as a Titan and it put me in between 2 enemy Titans.

Loved the campaign. So far online doesn't match it.

I think the spawns are generally really good. Almost no issues. I very rarely spawn in my Titan though, I want to make sure I put it where I want it

Bizazedo

Yes, that's some PTSD inducing shit right there.

I feel naked without my titan.

I despise Ronin on Complex. Honestly, I hate Complex and Crash Site more than I ever did Boomtown and such.

Scorch made me LOL. Had to eject, looked down to eject, he flashes me a "TIL ALL ARE ONE".

Foxxsoxx

Anyone up for some CTF on PS4?

I need some teammates that aren't bricks ):

Every Titan getting electric smoke is garbage.

Sometimes there is a delay that is annoying as hell where you can't jump when you're pulling out the battery and it gets you killed.

Pretty frustrating when it happens.

Ken

is there a textguide somewhere for how to tf2 multiplayer. a lot of the titan commands confuse me like if I press V for auto pilot it doesnt seem to immediately do it

i never played tf1

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Is using melee with Ronin any more effective than another titan.

Kind of wish the game showed some more Stat stuff.

Like when it says more ammo idk if that's total or per clip.

Ronin's normal melee does NO MORE DAMAGE than a regular melee. It only extends the range. It boggles my mind how many Ronins I see exclusively using their sword. His shotgun does way more damage.

It DOES do more damage once you have sword core. An obscene amount of burst damage.

Izuna

Banned
I can't wait to get to G15 just so I can stop getting a green bar sign next to Customise for every little thing.

Jarmel

Banned
It's not like you can do much to a Titan anyway. You're forced off them.

Might as well just rip out the fucking rodeo at this point. There's essentially little reward for having to deal with someone likely popping smoke and having a HUD display track you down.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Might as well just rip out the fucking rodeo at this point. There's essentially little reward for having to deal with someone likely popping smoke and having a HUD display track you down.

What? Rodeo is still very useful. Even just for wasting the Titan's electric smoke, that is a victory.

Velikost

So amazon still hasnt shipped my vanguards edition. Instead, they said theyre sorry, and Ill be receiving the item soon. And sent me a digital code for the full standard version of the game for ps4. Im here thinking, should I claim it, or wait for the vanguard to arrive...

Wait and let me get that &#128591;

Is anyone else stunned at how good this game is?

I'm playing through the campaign and I'm getting vibes of Crysis + Duke Nukem 3D + Half-Life 2 + Dark Souls (yes you read that correctly)

The multiplayer is like Unreal Tournament + Mechwarrior + CoD

Izuna

Banned
Ronin's normal melee does NO MORE DAMAGE than a regular melee. It only extends the range. It boggles my mind how many Ronins I see exclusively using their sword. His shotgun does way more damage.

It DOES do more damage once you have sword core. An obscene amount of burst damage.

Now I am never gunna use this scrub

Foxxsoxx

Whats the deal with map hack anyway - does it have any range limitation or counters? Haven't unlocked it so I'm not sure what I'm dealing with yet.

Just unlocked it but it has no counters. Range seems pretty damn far too.

Only 100 people playing CTF, this is so depressing easily the best mode...

Toa TAK

Banned
Finished it on Master. Yeah, it's easy, but at least it's still fun to play, something most shooters on higher difficulties forget about.

Izuna

Banned
Finished it on Master. Yeah, it's easy, but at least it's still fun to play, something most shooters on higher difficulties forget about.

Replay a bit on hard and watch how much you can skip. I got to enjoy an entire second play through that way.

mjp2417

Banned
Incredibly fun multiplayer, but the map design inhibits quick movement. By that, I mean that it's more beneficial to sit on one rooftop and just pick people off.

Can't wait for Angel City.

This is my admittedly very early impression as well. Most of the time I get killed it is by stationary players; most of the time I get kills it is by hanging out and picking people off which feels like it is completely antithetical to my experiences in the first game. Somewhat mixed feelings on the MP so far (the SP, by contrast, is legitimately baller and seems to understand what made the first Titanfall so good better than the MP). This is not what I expected to be feeling about this game early on, but I will definitely give it more time.

Timeaisis

I don't get the grappling hook. It almost never works for me. Any tips on how to properly use it? I feel like this game is made for people who can put in crapton of hours learning all the movement mechanics.

Big Brett

What in the good fuck is with the balancing? I've not had a game on PC that's within $2000. I've been playing on Xbox and it's usually pretty close but it's ridiculous on PC.

is there a textguide somewhere for how to tf2 multiplayer. a lot of the titan commands confuse me like if I press V for auto pilot it doesnt seem to immediately do it

i never played tf1

Anytime you are not in your titan, it is in auto pilot mode. V will switch between two modes, follow and guard. Follow mode will follow you, guard makes it stay put where it is. If you use the standard titanfall with the dome shield; it doesn't activate until you're in or until the shield is gone. Pressing V to toggle modes will wake it.

Foxxsoxx

This could easily be the worst idea in existence but maybe the flow of people just being generally campy could be counteracted by blipping on the radar if you're too still for a few seconds?

I guess that would make using snipers even more ridiculous but I just can't stand these people chilling on a roof just mowing down people because it's easy as hell to head glitch them.

Gator86

Decided to switch things up by moving from grapple/legion to phase shift/ronin. Holy shit is it fun to blink around wrecking people confused as shit. Ronin is terrific. If you don't just run straight at people, you can wrack up tons of kills even with his super low health.

SwolBro

Banned
Oh I move too, but it still doesn't stop the fact that with wall hack you're completely visible to all of the enemy team with no counter. Cloak doesn't hide you. Radar Jammer doesn't stop the wall hack, just the radar. Running away from the sonar daggers is fine but the wall hack will keep you pinged no matter where you run.
I agree. Map hack is fucking terrible. I'm sick and tired of getting pinged constantly. This is about the most appallingly stupid fucking add on to the game.

Northstar needs his defensive ability changed. He sucks at the moment.
he's really good in LTS but i agree he needs something better than a retarded trap.

Much like COD, this game is all about who sees who first. Really discourages being in open areas, which makes the mobility less important.

But but it's nothing like cod I'm told, nothing!!
I can't really argue with you guys here. Titanfall 1 wasn't like this. Titanfall 1 had serious strafing ability and in air cuts that made people miss constantly. Add in the stim and you had a way to gun battle even if getting hit first.

This isn't much the case with this game and that's the most frustrating thing about it i think. Everyone was focusing on the titan shields so much (which turned out to be a non issue really) they ignored the "can i out strafe someone" and a lot of the time it's NO you can't.

If the person isn't downright retarded and knows how to spray at least around your hitbox they'll kill you. Compound this issue with better netcode/servers, map hack, guns that can kill you in 1 shot, or two bursts, with little aiming effort and there you have it: a more COD like game.

I've given up on Attrition and pilot vs pilot, it's downright unplayable. CTF is still decent but you'll get some assholes putting sentry guns at the cap point now. LTS is the funnest game mode now. It's like these guys (and they did this with COD) fix things people hated in one game only to come back and introduce even more downright stupid shit. lol

I'll never understand game developers mentalities and it actually makes me sit back and applaud Blizzard even more. They may make some poor decisions but they'll fix it pretty quick. They appreciate skill while other developers try and squash their skill curves as much as they possibly can.

Tahnit

Banned
Respawn. Can you guys set up mixtape so it uses the regular playlists to find matches? Since we are being rematchmade anytime it makes no sense that mixtape literally is its own playlist deck. It should pick a mode at random and match using that playlist. Would make mixtape way easier to find games.

Also Pc needs something to boost pops. Is there anyway to merge some regions? Thanks!!

Izuna

Banned
Swol I'm glad you're seeing how much R2 is failing to be like R1 now.

Like, I still can't wait to play the next match etc. but it's just bizarre that certain things were outright changed for the worse.

https://youtu.be/xlxJq87Dtjo

Man why does this pacing just seem so much better?

Goddamnit, when R1 gameplay is linked I just melt in awe. I wanna go back in time I swear.

This guy fucking BLOWS though...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqNvxq13JQs Watch this instead ;)

Top Bottom