• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

The Dude

I agree. Map hack is fucking terrible. I'm sick and tired of getting pinged constantly. This is about the most appallingly stupid fucking add on to the game.

he's really good in LTS but i agree he needs something better than a retarded trap.

I can't really argue with you guys here. Titanfall 1 wasn't like this. Titanfall 1 had serious strafing ability and in air cuts that made people miss constantly. Add in the stim and you had a way to gun battle even if getting hit first.

This isn't much the case with this game and that's the most frustrating thing about it i think. Everyone was focusing on the titan shields so much (which turned out to be a non issue really) they ignored the "can i out strafe someone" and a lot of the time it's NO you can't.

If the person isn't downright retarded and knows how to spray at least around your hitbox they'll kill you. Compound this issue with better netcode/servers, map hack, guns that can kill you in 1 shot, or two bursts, with little aiming effort and there you have it: a more COD like game.

I've given up on Attrition and pilot vs pilot, it's downright unplayable. CTF is still decent but you'll get some assholes putting sentry guns at the cap point now. LTS is the funnest game mode now. It's like these guys (and they did this with COD) fix things people hated in one game only to come back and introduce even more downright stupid shit. lol

I'll never understand game developers mentalities and it actually makes me sit back and have to applaud Blizzard even more. They may introduce some bad shit but they'll fix it pretty quick. They appreciate skill while other developers try and squash their skill curves as much as they possibly can.

You nailed exactly what I been trying to say. I sometimes can't type it as well as I'd say it but that's what I mean by cod style where now even if someone clips your head or body spraying their smg or what not it'll kill you. That's all cod, the original didn't seem to be that way as you had to truly get a nice bead on them and then they went down.. Now it's just spray and you have people who can't aim for shit just connecting with a few bullets and your dead. I'm glad you see what I mean. But it teaches me actually bad habits because when I've tried to get into cod I take that brief second to try and lineup a shot but the duty crowd is so adapted to spraying and half the time in the replay it's a joke what you see, but you die. And titanfall 1 just wasn't to that extreme

Izuna

Banned
Swol let's play R1

edit:

if R1 and R2 were games that came out at the same time, I'd call R2 MP complete garbage. I think I have just realised that

SwolBro

Banned
Swol I'm glad you're seeing how much R2 is failing to be like R1 now.

Like, I still can't wait to play the next match etc. but it's just bizarre that certain things were outright changed for the worse.

Goddamnit, when R1 gameplay is linked I just melt in awe. I wanna go back in time I swear.
Yeah, i dunno, it just seems like no one seems to miss lol. I keep asking "wait are these kids this much better?" but then i see the kill cam and the kid didn't really know what the hell he was doing he was just spraying and praying he was going to hit me and of course a few bullets grazed my toe and i died. So stupid.

It make you not want to parkour, it makes you not want to engage in 1v1 straight up gun fights, it forces you to headglitch on a roof top, or sit patiently waiting for someone to ping a map hack or someone to fly by you.

Worse is the whole time i thought the silent kit was going to be more than what it was. i didn't read it. it's just silent rodeo and jump kit not being as visible. You still make an incredible amount of sound walking, running, jumping, stiming...

Izuna

Banned
Yeah, i dunno, it just seems like no one seems to miss lol. I keep asking "wait are these kids this much better?" but then i see the kill cam and the kid didn't really know what the hell he was doing he was just spraying and praying he was going to hit me and of course a few bullets grazed my toe and i died. So stupid.

It make you not want to parkour, it makes you not want to engage in 1v1 straight up gun fights, it forces you to headglitch on a roof top, or sit patiently waiting for someone to ping a map hack or someone to fly by you.

Worse is the whole time i thought the silent kit was going to be more than what it was. i didn't read it. it's just silent rodeo and jump kit not being as visible. You still make an incredible amount of sound walking, running, jumping, stiming...

It's like, you don't want to play Pilot vs. Pilot, but the first third of Attrition basically is that anyway.

Parkour doesn't really do shit, honestly. Stim to certain points is really all there is. Getting to places faster. But actually being harder to hit? Nah dude.

Otherwise the dude with the fucking A.Wall and Hemlock wouldn't be doing shit.

I think 90% of my deaths is by someone camping, even if it's temporary.

The Dude

Yea that's why I have tried numerous times to get into call of duty and find it to be an abomination of a FPSer because like you said you die even if they chip your tooth spraying with their assault rifle or smg across the map.

Izuna

Banned
There's zero reason to use any boost other than map hack.

I dunno dude.

Spare Battery + Overcore gives Legion 40% to his Smart Core as you enter him... and a shield...

That's a few seconds of shooting to get 15 seconds of the most bullshit aimbot in history.

I legit want to play as Tone but what's the point when Legion shits on basically everything else rn for Attrition and Bounty Hunt?

malfcn

I don't understand why online games are designed to punish new players. Oh wait, it's a carrot to keep playing. New players graduate into senior players to get perks and ruin new players. The cycle continues?

Izuna

Banned
I don't understand why online games are designed to punish new players. Oh wait, it's a carrot to keep playing. New players graduate into senior players to get perks and ruin new players. The cycle continues?

Yeah I don't like it. R1 had unlocks but R101 was really all you needed. The rest came quickly too.

Map Hack requires like 10h of playtime lmao

--

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01rIOHNfEec final didact vid i swear

Stir has saved my ass so many times

Stim ain't a boost though.

The Dude

Well it all goes back to good ol matchmaking. And I have always felt its horseshit that I'm playing insane maniacs who play games all day nonstop, I feel leveling is a nice touch but if someone blows thru and has way more skills and unlocks, wouldn't it be fair to let them fight it out with others who are in the same boat? I wish devs would create match making so that you're within 2 or 3 levels of each other. Let me progress with folks who are in the same progression area and let the insane freaks fight each other. If I get to their levels then ok but having new players fighting against decked out players is lame

SwolBro

Banned
It's like, you don't want to play Pilot vs. Pilot, but the first third of Attrition basically is that anyway.

Parkour doesn't really do shit, honestly. Stim to certain points is really all there is. Getting to places faster. But actually being harder to hit? Nah dude.

Otherwise the dude with the fucking A.Wall and Hemlock wouldn't be doing shit.

I think 90% of my deaths is by someone camping, even if it's temporary.

Stim not really allowing you to take on more damage+lack of real strafing+overpowered weapons+map hacks

have completely ruined the experience for me. if they don't balance some things out soon i don't see myself putting in that much time into the game like the first one.

it's kind of a relief actually lol. i put too much time into titanfall 1.

The Dude

I think I have a handful of hours left and probably pack it in. It just doesn't seem to have the legs the first game did, plus Battlefield 1 is still the premier shooter currently that I've already sunk 50 hours into and every battle feels fun and unique.

Not to mention I mean I think it loses something when you unlock 500 banners and patches and paint jobs so quickly. There's nothing special about them or prestigious. I mean all these banners and i just change it for the next new one I get. I've had a new one like every match lol takes away from the unlockables aspects.

Timeaisis

Is it just me or is the learning curve in MP ridiculous? I'm getting destroyed. Granted, I've only played for a about 4 hours or so, but I'm typically not that awful at shooters.

Seems like you go down really, really fast. Like CoD fast. Which is weird, considering it makes me not want to move around and instead camp. But goddamit, I'm not going to camp in a game built around movement. I'd rather run around and die. It's annoying, though. Maybe I'll learn better movement tricks sooner or later. But it's frustrating at first.

The Dude

I think if they fixed the ttk and took out the map hacking, and either made titans shields recharge or lower pilot titan weapons damage, I think this could then really become a game to just sit back and enjoy for a good few months off and on. It wouldn't be as irritating

Izuna

Banned
I wouldn't say that. They just have some misguided attempta that'll hopefully be resolved. I do wish TTK and map hackpulse blade get some tweaking.

Nah I have suspicion that some important talent wasn't there for some of these stupid decisions. Perhaps it'll be fixed up, but it isn't there.

R1 MP, R2 SP... those are the work of bonafide geniuses.

What's left of R1 MP in R2 MP is the only thing that keeps me wanting to play an online shooter at all.

SwolBro

Banned
there's one more thing that truly threatens the longevity of the game:

Titan variety. As much as i think the Titan play is insanely fun, and competitive LTS matches could be stellar, the sheer amount of Tone's around is an issue. A real issue.

Tone is simply too easy and the reward too high compared to the other Titans. Scorch is a beast but it requires some real time with the build to be good and same goes for Northstar. Ion is viable but you have to know what you're doing with the shoulder cannon and it's more of a support titan anyways. Ronnin seems underpowered, and Legion though really effective is too slow for some modes when you're going in solo. You'll get crushed by two tone players going at you.

Tone is dominating most of the matches.

Woo-Fu

Banned
The game is insane with it. You have

• map hack
  • pulse blade
  • tone's sonar

at least 75% or more of the team has one of these.

I run map-hack and Tone, plus the tone module that gives a 2nd pulse. Nobody gets to hide after I get first 2-3 kills on amped hardpoint.

Ronnin seems underpowered, and Legion though really effective is too slow for some modes when you're going in solo. You'll get crushed by two tone players going at you.

Uh, and what do you think happens to the solo Tone that runs into two Legions? Only way he is taking one of them with him is with barrage core up and a bit of luck.

Replay a bit on hard and watch how much you can skip. I got to enjoy an entire second play through that way.

pretty much what I did on the first playthrough. I just zoomed by most levels.

I'd honestly rather they just remove Map Hack. In TF1 it was ludicrously overpowered and feels the same way here. Single handedly wins matches in Hardpoint if used correctly towards the beginning of the game. Lol, dude before me posts exactly what I'm talking about.

SwolBro

Banned
I run map-hack and Tone, plus the tone module that gives a 2nd pulse. Nobody gets to hide after I get first 2-3 kills on amped hardpoint.

Uh, and what do you think happens to the solo Tone that runs into two Legions?
christ... that's shameful lol

Uh, and what do you think happens to the solo Tone that runs into two Legions? .
You run. You can easily get away from legions. Some people are stupid and think they'll fight both of them.

Revas

Nah I have suspicion that some important talent wasn't there for some of these stupid decisions. Perhaps it'll be fixed up, but it isn't there.

R1 MP, R2 SP... those are the work of bonafide geniuses.

What's left of R1 MP in R2 MP is the only thing that keeps me wanting to play an online shooter at all.

Did your experience in Titanfall 1 not devolve into a smart pistol/arc canon mess?

People are too critical of games these days. It's the developers vision, either play it or don't! For every person that hates a feature, there are dozens that enjoy it. There will never be a game that is perfect for everyonee so why constantly critize everything?

The game is great. Really enjoyikg it more than part 1. Between this and BF1 and Gears, shooter fans have a lot to be happy about .

I think if they fixed the ttk and took out the map hacking, and either made titans shields recharge or lower pilot titan weapons damage, I think this could then really become a game to just sit back and enjoy for a good few months off and on. It wouldn't be as irritating

So TTK IS actually a problem then? people kept saying it was the same as TF1

Izuna

Banned
I used Legion in FFA... He's fucking STUPID.

And E92 M3 can tell you, with like one Smart Core I went from like 20 attrition points to like 110... in the final couple minutes of the game.

Seriously, how many hits do you think it takes to get 60% Core charge? That's one shotty shot and like 10-20 bullets. 15 seconds to almost max damage auto-aim follows. It's enough to kill an entire fucking Bounty Titan.

Eject, shoot like 4-6 Archers, do it all again.

And that's the most fun I get.

I love Tone, I really do, but close range she has nothing and we can't make our own trade-offs for it. I'd love to remove the Tracker rockets for any of the close range stuff.

I can't decide on what to do with this game. Whether to open it and keep it, or wait for the library to get it in. Since I returned Battlefield 1 to get it, via a satisfaction guarantee, I can't open it and return it if I decide against keeping it.

This is nothing against Titanfall. I'm sure I will enjoy it, and especially the campaign. But I get bad buyer's remorse and don't know if I'd get enough time out of the multiplayer due to my depression/lack of motivation to even game some days, and the fact that I play so many games.

I liked the first one, but got it as a gift and eventually sold it afterwards. I've kind of missed it, but don't play much MP.

I wish Blockbuster was still around.

People are too critical of games these days. It's the developers vision, either play it or don't! For every person that hates a feature, there are dozens that enjoy it. There will never be a game that is perfect for everyonee so why constantly critize everything?

The game is great. Really enjoyikg it more than part 1. Between this and BF1 and Gears, shooter fans have a lot to be happy about .

It's a fun game, but there are some interestingly weird decisions made if they want it to last as a MP shooter. TF1 community basically died after the first couple of months and this one's probably going to be similar. I really like the core gameplay, but likely won't bother buying another game if it continues down this trajectory

Revas

TTK is probably the same.

but

you glow like a nuclear experiment gone wrong
you move slower
there's numerous ways to be tracked
some weapons have crazy accurate hip fire
there's also something about the maps that I can't put my finger on

So while TTK is probably the same, it's just a lot easier to die.

Is it just me or is the learning curve in MP ridiculous? I'm getting destroyed. Granted, I've only played for a about 4 hours or so, but I'm typically not that awful at shooters.

Seems like you go down really, really fast. Like CoD fast. Which is weird, considering it makes me not want to move around and instead camp. But goddamit, I'm not going to camp in a game built around movement. I'd rather run around and die. It's annoying, though. Maybe I'll learn better movement tricks sooner or later. But it's frustrating at first.

I feel the same way.

I loved the first game, but I keep on dying all of the time. I want to get better at the game, but I really feel like I have no idea what I'm doing wrong outside of not knowing the maps.

:(

SwolBro

Banned
Did your experience in Titanfall 1 not devolve into a smart pistol/arc canon mess?
yeah, they get rid of that mess and then created another mess. How can developers not learn that easily exploitable abilities are never a good thing?
it can be the same in terms of damage but it's definitely not the same in other ways.

such as:

titanfall 1 had better strafing, had better stim, had less 1 shot or two shot kill weapons that were insanely easy to use.
And also the things Revas said.

Izuna

Banned

Smart Pistol is a garbage weapon for anything that wasn't Rodeo and Minions, and even then only at Short Range.

And honestly, I kept hearing shit about Arc Cannon but with a 40mm I could fuck up like 95% of Arc Cannon users anyway. So maybe at a high level it was a problem, but Damage Core + 40mm would eat up a Titan alive while I'm dashing out of range. I loved it.

--

I don't know if it makes me happy or pains me that Swol is starting to feel how many of us felt during the Tech Test. Albiet for various different reasons, R1 is really something else. You can't disagree with that.

The Dude

The original felt like it had its own feel in terms of ttk, wasn't to long or short.... Was a nice feel. Here even I am surprised on some kills I get because the ttk is so instant to where I've been surprised by someone and I fucking just shoot and they die, and I'm honestly embarrassed because the kill cam has to show how bad that kill looked. That's how bad the ttk is in this game. You even clip someone's ear and they can die

Deps

People forgot how dumb TF1 was. I was watching gamesager talking about TF1 and the insanely stupid shit in that game, while TF2 needs some changes its not TF1 dumb.

Izuna

Banned
People forgot how dumb TF1 was. I was watching gamesager talking about TF1 and the insanely stupid shit in that game, while TF2 needs some changes its not TF1 dumb.

Gamesager playing R2 is painful to watch. That's not the game I want to play at all.

Didact hasn't uploaded anything for R2 yet, perhaps it's early, or because he can never make a montage of shit in this. I wish he were unbanned soon. I think he has 2 weeks?

The sonar blade seems like a much better gameplay tradeoff than maphack. limited directionality, can be countered by some other abilities. Map hack is just ludicrous when combo'd.

wrongway

Lol, those Map Hack complaints. I guess the playerbase suddenly hit critical mass on that. I'd only seen the little message pop up a couple times so I never really noticed its effect in the chaos. But I thought I'd grab a few last games for the night and fucking everyone was using it on both teams. Profoundly unfun. Is it true that that Radar Jammer boost doesn't counter this trash? :(

SwolBro

Banned

what was dumb?

oh, and are we forgetting health regen is slower. this definitely adds to the increase in TTK. health regen being a perk a long side power cell is fucking stupid considering how long stim takes to come back. sigh

Revas

Smart Pistol is a garbage weapon for anything that wasn't Rodeo and Minions, and even then only at Short Range.

And honestly, I kept hearing shit about Arc Cannon but with a 40mm I could fuck up like 95% of Arc Cannon users anyway. So maybe at a high level it was a problem, but Damage Core + 40mm would eat up a Titan alive while I'm dashing out of range. I loved it.

--

I don't know if it makes me happy or pains me that Swol is starting to feel how many of us felt during the Tech Test. Albiet for various different reasons, R1 is really something else. You can't disagree with that.

I adore Titanfall 1. However, towards the end of the games life cycle I regularly found myself against teams of Gen 10 SP users w/ Arc Canons. I found that to be leagues worse than the map hack spam deal I with today in TF2. It's a horse that's been beaten to death but the smart pistol was a gun in a game based on movement, that you didn't have to aim to be effective with. Cheapest shit ever.

Izuna

Banned
I adore Titanfall 1. However, towards the end of the games life cycle I regularly found myself against teams of Gen 10 SP users w/ Arc Canons. I found that to be leagues worse than the map hack spam deal I with today in TF2. It's a horse that's been beaten to death but the smart pistol was a gun in a game based on movement, that you didn't have to aim to be effective with. Cheapest shit ever.

If you had half decent movement, the Smart Pistol did shit to you as well as for you.

Also it's a cheaper weapon in this game so... (not that it matters 'cause the campers will get you).

No one was performing with the Smart Pistol in Pilot Hunter

Top Bottom