• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

The Dude

Interesting thing is how battlefront has a similar ability called scan pulse but it works, it only shows for the user who used it and if pulses a few times for 3 to 5 seconds. But the beauty of battlefront is that a game where you can take a shot or two before dying. I think all shooters need to be to where unless your back is totally turned you can take a shot or so to react. That's why I love Battlefield.. You can die quick but like with medic guns, it's 3 shots for most... But that gives people a second to react and move perhaps.

I dunno, but I feel titanfall 2 alienated itself from a more casual shooter fan market.. I'm seasoned and I get owned like a fucking fingerless asshole, like I never gamed in my life and that has to be awful for anyone who isn't an accustomed shooter fan

I really hope Angel City is not screwed with. Just make it pretty, Respawn. Don't block off previously accessible buildings. Don't limit paths. Don't "flatten" it.

Pls

Izuna

Banned
I don't understand the fascination with wall hacks among modern game developers. (it was acceptable in Shadowrun though)

Map Hack in R1 pinpointed people in the Radar. It was cheap af, but it affected a single dude. There was this "Wall Hack" in it and honestly it wasn't that great because it fucked up the screen haha

but for real, this "Wall Hack" in R1 "pulsed" occasionally, not show up always like it does here

Gamesager playing R2 is painful to watch. That's not the game I want to play at all.

Didact hasn't uploaded anything for R2 yet, perhaps it's early, or because he can never make a montage of shit in this. I wish he were unbanned soon. I think he has 2 weeks?

just curious, is there a reason why you're using R1 and R2? I assume it's because of Respawn, but in a Titanfall thread there's no reason why TF1 and TF2 can't be used.

I really doubt anyone will think you're talking about Team Fortress lol

Izuna

Banned
just curious, is there a reason why you're using R1 and R2? I assume it's because of Respawn, but in a Titanfall thread there's no reason why TF1 and TF2 can't be used.

the internal voice in my head has issues with typing TF2 haha. R2 is also a letter shorter, which is kinda the point of an abbreviation

soultron

Banned
You can still take a body shot or three and live in this game, I just find that most good players go right for headshots.

I run stim and health regen and I find I'm able to escape from a fair amount of fights after taking a shot or two.

Revas

If you had half decent movement, the Smart Pistol did shit to you as well as for you.

Also it's a cheaper weapon in this game so... (not that it matters 'cause the campers will get you).

No one was performing with the Smart Pistol in Pilot Hunter

I whole-heartedly disagree. If we're both great at parkour, and one of us has to aim and the other one doesn't who has a significant advantage? I have only come across one person with the SP boost in TF2 so I can't really speak to how it is in this game.

I really hope Angel City is not screwed with. Just make it pretty, Respawn. Don't block off previously accessible buildings. Don't limit paths. Don't "flatten" it.

Pls

Boy, if they fuck this up. One of the devs on Reddit said it was true to the OG, so we'll see.

HelloMeow

I'm kinda disappointed. It's not a bad game or anything, but it's too different from the game I enjoyed so much two years ago. Really disappointing especially when I think about what it could have been.

MGrant

I don't get the grappling hook. It almost never works for me. Any tips on how to properly use it? I feel like this game is made for people who can put in crapton of hours learning all the movement mechanics.

I'm sticking with grappling hook for at least a few more hours just to see if I can get good with it, but right now it seems best for getting into position faster or entering fast movement routes from odd positions. On Eden, for example, it can make it easy to get up to the side of the elevated train line (where the evac ship usually shows up) if you ever need to do so in a hurry. Also, if you ever find yourself exposed and out of position, it can help you get to safety much more easily. You can rodeo with it but you almost never want to unless you're up against a lone titan who is fighting something else.

The Dude

You can still take a body shot or three and live in this game, I just find that most good players go right for headshots.

I run stim and health regen and I find I'm able to escape from a fair amount of fights after taking a shot or two.

I gotta be honest I don't think in combined time I've put into this or even cod I have ever seen someone actually headshot me. It's always a kill where I'm saying how in the fuck is that a kill.

SwolBro

Banned
I don't understand the fascination with wall hacks among modern game developers. (it was acceptable in Shadowrun though)

well, in shadowrun you had a counter with smoke. you equipped smoke and you wouldn't get pinged, still a lot of people wouldn't want anyone equipping it.

but if some ass did you could just map smoke and you'd be fine. same went for smartlink, people hated that as well but as long as you mapped the right stuff it didn't work as well.

the game had a counter for EVERYTHING. That is why i consider it the best shooter that was also the most under appreciated shooter of all time.

soultron

Banned
I gotta be honest I don't think in combined time I've put into this or even cod I have ever seen someone actually headshot me. It's always a kill where I'm saying how in the fuck is that a kill.
If you watch your kill cam, you will see the red headshot icon appear on the bottom left if that's the way they killed you.

It also feels like, at range, even ARs have some damage falloff. Shooting enemies from the raised positions on Homestead will show this, at least in my experience.

Izuna

Banned
I'm kinda disappointed. It's not a bad game or anything, but it's too different from the game I enjoyed so much two years ago. Really disappointing especially when I think about what it could have been.

It's a shame because R1 fans are going to be the most vocal and this is basically going to be expressed in as many ways as possible.

Schlorgan

R1 and R2 are what Respawn refer to their games as internally (following their previous internal numbering scheme of IW2, IW3, IW4, etc for CoD)

The Dude

If you watch your kill cam, you will see the red headshot icon appear on the bottom left if that's the way they killed you.

It also feels like, at range, even ARs have some damage falloff. Shooting enemies from the raised positions on Homestead will show this, at least in my experience.

But I watch the actual kill cam, unless it's not accurate or what I'm seeing isn't what they did because most of my deaths a guy is just spraying and I drop

Schlorgan

From what I've seen of the complaints, "what it could have been" is just Titanfall, again (or Titanfall Too).

Jaleel

Bought it on Origin due to praise, played for about 30 mins and got a refund. Got to the part where you wait for BT and deal with lots of dudes and exploding spider thingies. Im good, thanks. At least I learned how quickly EA refunds games on Origin. Real nice service.

zonezeus

I can only echo most sentiments from these last few pages. In R1 I could hold my own as a pilot and was pretty damn good in a titan, but in R2 I'm getting absolutely wrecked as a pilot and doing only half-decent in a titan. Maybe it's the changes Respawn made, maybe I'm just getting too old for this kind of shooters, but I can't see myself playing TF2 much longer, not to mention even close to the amount of hours I've put into TF1.

Vipu

Banned
Bought it on Origin due to praise, played for about 30 mins and got a refund. Got to the part where you wait for BT and deal with lots of dudes and exploding spider thingies. Im good, thanks. At least I learned how quickly EA refunds games on Origin. Real nice service.

What did you expect?

Izuna

Banned

so before anything really started, you gave up on it?

k

well, in shadowrun you had a counter with smoke. you equipped smoke and you wouldn't get pinged, still a lot of people wouldn't want anyone equipping it.

but if some ass did you could just map smoke and you'd be fine. same went for smartlink, people hated that as well but as long as you mapped the right stuff it didn't work as well.

the game had a counter for EVERYTHING. That is why i consider it the best shooter that was also the most under appreciated shooter of all time.

I agree with this. I'm still annoyed it flopped, so much potential there.

SwolBro

Banned
They need to make Pulse blade not visible to anyone but the player using it. Map hack should either get bumped up to 95% or something crazy high or removed from the game entirely. Tone's sonar should also take longer to use.

These changes need to be made quickly with no bullshit.

HelloMeow

From what I've seen of the complaints, "what it could have been" is just Titanfall, again (or Titanfall Too).

Yeah, with more content, shinier graphics and without the issues that couldn't be fixed for whatever reason. Is that a weird thing to want?

It's a shame because R1 fans are going to be the most vocal and this is basically going to be expressed in as many ways as possible.

I'm sure a lot of Titanfall fans will also enjoy Titanfall 2, but a lot of them won't and sadly I'm one of them.

The Dude

I can only echo most sentiments from these last few pages. In R1 I could hold my own as a pilot and was pretty damn good in a titan, but in R2 I'm getting absolutely wrecked as a pilot and doing only half-decent in a titan. Maybe it's the changes Respawn made, maybe I'm just getting too old for this kind of shooters, but I can't see myself playing TF2 much longer, not to mention even close to the amount of hours I've put into TF1.

Telling ya bro, i had that same moment of life altering thoughts like maybe I'm just a piece of shit anymore in shooters and it always comes from when I play anything, anything remotely tied to call of duty and the developers of that series.

But then I say wait a minute I dominate many times in halo still, I can dominate Battlefield a lot, I held my own well in Doom, i basically just remind myself and then go to other games with competitive shooting and realize that it's simply a style of FPSer.

Go pick up Battlefield 1 man and you'll see a light year of a difference, I guarantee it. Or go pickup halo 5, or battlefront, or destiny even.. Trust me it's call of duty, the players who play that series are insane at it because it's not your typical shooter and they've mastered just firing instantly without reallg aiming just banking on hitting your hit box.

Downcrashing

Neo Member
why is ctf only on the blackwater map or whatever it's called? I've played over 10 ctf matches in a row all the same map. The map rotation seems off in general, I feel like I only ever play 4 or 5 maps, I don't think I've even played all the maps yet and I'm almost level 20. Anyone else experiencing this?

They really need to make battery call outs more pronounced,
Im really tired of chasing Titans with half health all the way across a map because my character whispers it to herself.

SwolBro

Banned
Go pick up Battlefield 1 man and you'll see a light year of a difference, I guarantee it. Or go pickup halo 5, or battlefront, or destiny even.. Trust me it's call of duty, the players who play that series are insane at it because it's not your typical shooter

Yeah, it's the style. COD is easy to pick up and play. It's easy to be somewhat decent and there's very little depth there. There's not much else to learn once you get the hang of it. After that it just comes down to twitch reflexes and nothing more. Who sees who first and if you're fast with the reflex. There's not much thought, or deep mechanic to master.

So you'll get a whoollllllle ton of people all on the same skill length exploiting all the downright stupid shit in the game.

Roussow

The Smart Pistol is so useful for taking out pods of enemies in Bounty Hunt, unfortunately I've found it hard to switch off from the starting assault rifle, it's been essential for me.

Deps

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com

Maybe play more before saying it's not? You're barely even halfway into the opening segment that's mostly a tutorial.

Ugh. People with attention spans of a duck. And everyone wonders why devs need to cram QTEs and set pieces every time and in everything.

SwolBro

Banned
Comparing a montage to a full length game is useless, especially when most of that montage can be redone in TF2. I also don't see anything wrong with his TF2 vid, hes moving around and killing people, that's what you do in pilot vs pilot.

there's nothing really wrong with his gameplay really. he's able to do all that because he's in a party with other people putting in work.

the issue is all the pulse blades and map hacks going off lol. he even comments on it encouraging his teammates to keep it going.

all shooters would be really fucking easy when you can see the enemy constantly while they can't see you.

The Dude

Yeah, it's the style. COD is easy to pick up and play. It's easy to be somewhat decent and there's very little depth there. There's not much else to learn once you get the hang of it. After that it just comes down to twitch reflexes and nothing more. Who sees who first and if you're fast with the reflex. There's not much thought, or deep mechanic to master.

So you'll get a whoollllllle ton of people all on the same skill length exploiting all the downright stupid shit in the game.

That's the thing tho, none of these games a person can just stand there.. Like you gotta be quick in all these games but they all require a slight level of aim as well. Whereas cod players know they can master the art of instant spray spam and win. My brain is one slight step behind because im used to a shooter that requires a good aim on someone and then some shots..

I'm sure I could learn to play call of duty to where I top match charts nonstop, but I just don't enjoy the feel of it..

Like tonight went into some bf1 and I was 17 and 4 20 and 6 etc... And I felt more like a bad ass in those matches than any of the matches I had tonight in tf2

HelloMeow

there's nothing really wrong with his gameplay really. he's able to do all that because he's in a party with other people putting in work.

the issue is all the pulse blades and map hacks going off lol. he even comments on it encouraging his teammates to keep it going.

all shooters would be really fucking easy when you can see the enemy constantly while they can't see you.

Lol outsourced developer sanctioned wall hack.

malfcn

No doubt Gamesager is good with skills, but..

The time I tuned in on day one wasn't very fun to watch. He had almost 400 kills and 7 deaths? He pretty much camped a few areas and wasn't mobile. And then threw a fit and whined whenever he got killed.

Izuna

Banned
Comparing a montage to a full length game is useless, especially when most of that montage can be redone in TF2. I also don't see anything wrong with his TF2 vid, hes moving around and killing people, that's what you do in pilot vs pilot.

If you want I can post a didact vid that isn't a montage. it'll still the same

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqNvxq13JQs

--

the GameSager vid is gross af. It doesn't look like a fun game at all.

Jaleel

Maybe play more before saying it's not? You're barely even halfway into the opening segment that's mostly a tutorial.

Ugh. People with attention spans of a duck. And everyone wonders why devs need to cram QTEs and set pieces every time and in everything.

I'm sorry I wasn't having fun.

Quack.

What happened to
Titanfall%2B2%2BTech%2BTest_20160821131915.png
From the beta? I really like that helmet design.
New one makes me think of
latest

Izuna

Banned
Also I knew Frothy was full of shit, he always is.

I'm sorry I wasn't having fun.

Quack.

You really fucked up bro. Literally the next level, shit gets real, and shit gets even realer after that. Meh.

You had 24 hours to get that refund, you could have played more than 30m for it to build. But that's your prerogative

The Dude

The thing I find hilarious about game matches on YouTube is these guys must play the most brain dead morons on the planet. I could have 500 kills a match playing against people who seem to be in a fog just staring down hallways or out windows. I'm against the most ridiculous gamers you can imagine. Nobody just stands there or meanders around willy nilly like they do for three guys in the videos

zonezeus

Telling ya bro, i had that same moment of life altering thoughts like maybe I'm just a piece of shit anymore in shooters and it always comes from when I play anything, anything remotely tied to call of duty and the developers of that series.

But then I say wait a minute I dominate many times in halo still, I can dominate Battlefield a lot, I held my own well in Doom, i basically just remind myself and then go to other games with competitive shooting and realize that it's simply a style of FPSer.

Go pick up Battlefield 1 man and you'll see a light year of a difference, I guarantee it. Or go pickup halo 5, or battlefront, or destiny even.. Trust me it's call of duty, the players who play that series are insane at it because it's not your typical shooter and they've mastered just firing instantly without reallg aiming just banking on hitting your hit box.

Yeah, Titanfall 2 made me go back to Destiny and I'm definitely doing way better over there. Hell, I've been wrecking lvl 40 399 light fools with a fresh from the box character because I can actually turn when being shot at and shoot back instead of just dying immediately. Seems like twitch shooters are no longer my cup of tea.

SwolBro

Banned
The thing I find hilarious about game matches on YouTube is these guys must play the most brain dead morons on the planet. I could have 500 kills a match playing against people who seem to be in a fog just staring down hallways our out windows. I'm against the most ridiculous gamers you can imagine. Nobody just stands there or meanders around willy nilly like they do for three guys in the videos

it's not that, it's that he's with a group or with a teammate. the game becomes much easier when you have decent teammates. it's how it is for all games.

going in solo things become harder even if it's the same group of people you just played when you had a team.

If yall are doing so much better in other games... why not just play them & stop complaining?

There's constructive criticism like "wall hacks are op and too frequent currently" and then there's the last three pages of "this sucks in X game I top the charts it's more skill based this game is for kids" etc

SwolBro

Banned
so a dev posted that they are aware of the map hacks being annoying.

question is are they aware of the pulse blades as well? because that's just as annoying. teammates shouldn't benefit from your perk of seeing through walls. it's overpowered garbage.

this goes for tone as well. i don't think teammates should see anything

The Dude

Yeah, Titanfall 2 made me go back to Destiny and I'm definitely doing way better over there. Hell, I've been wrecking lvl 40 399 light fools with a fresh from the box character because I can actually turn when being shot at and shoot back instead of just dying immediately. Seems like twitch shooters are no longer my cup of tea.

Exactly. I spend 800 hours in destiny mainly in crucible and it was because it was fucking fun, I could dominate big Time bit when I was getting beat down it felt ok, I knew they just got me. But I go from shooter to shooter doing quite well except twitch shooting from cod is the one that owns me, just not my style. And that's why even tho I'm having a little more success with tf2 now, it still ultimately is that twitch shooting shit I hate

Top Bottom