• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

muu

I'm curious, did anyone play the beta on pc with a gamepad? I know it's an unpopular opinion, but it's definitely how i'd play if i ever bought the game, and i was wondering how other people fared in comfy couch mode.

It's always been my opinion that the CoD style gunplay is pretty gamepad friendly. You take the flank, you win. You run into someone head on, the first to shoot wins. I was worried like you, but playing through the PC beta there were fairly few situations where I felt the controls were what led me to lose a shootout.

If you're used to sniping or hunkering down and taking opponents mid-long range I'd guess you're going to find yourself at a disadvantage much often, the parkouring mechanism really promotes movement and taking the flank though, and I think you'll find out this really helps to even the playing field.

The Cowboy

Good grief that shotgun, people should have complained about it more instead of going on about the smart pistol.

The shotgun is the OMG!!!! rage inducer, I'm not a shotty person (I prefer my carbines) but I'm tempted to switch to it (for easy mode :D).

Hmm, I'm not liking the way it's running for me atm. Keep getting slight stuttering, which I never got in the beta.

Regardless, I love this game. The maps are awesome, and I'm having a blast.

dalekjay

I got 30 hours out of the beta alone. People complaining about lack of content due to no single player don't know what they're talking about.

exactly, I got about 30 in beta and I'm not a FPS fan, it don't have a single player but you will spend so much time on MP that it worth... A LOT

as a fighting games fan for me is normal more than 1500 on SF4 alone, sometimes I do 90 matches in a Roll without me or my oponent changing characters. On arcade mode I have 0h
it totally worthed even if I spent more than 60$ on it.

Izayoi

Banned
I guess if you also take into account some of the required challenges and some being harder than others, I'm sure that'll also add time to the process.
Yeah. Still very reasonable overall, I think. (Especially considering I typically put at least 200 hours into any CoD game I get really involved in.)

Good grief that shotgun, people should have complained about it more instead of going on about the smart pistol.

The shotgun is the OMG!!!! rage inducer, I'm not a shotty person (I prefer my carbines) but I'm tempted to switch to it (for easy mode :D).
Smart Pistol has positively terrible stats. For the super noobiest of super noobs only, anyone who is remotely competent at videogames will do better with a rifle.

Not anywhere near much to be honest.

Call of Duty takes a while, anywhere between 5-10 days of playtime depending on your skill level.
Yeah, and Call of Duty makes it an absolute slog to boot. The exp boost on NG is very, very nice.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Interesting to see how little people are using wall-running.

Jtrizzy

Nice. This is getting very tempting. If it had been made with split screen , it would have been an instabuy to replace the void that halo 4 with friends has left.

I played with the 360 pad throughout the beta and my K/D ratio was 1.2. It may get more difficult as the kb/m people start to master parkour. In a lot of ways this game just comes down to who sees who first, and who does stupid shit giving up their position on the mini map. Pilots also have cloaking and auto aim pistols. In other words, it's noob friendly, which is great for me because I suck with kb/m.

I played with the 360 pad throughout the beta and my K/D ratio was 1.2. It may get more difficult as the kb/m people start to master parkour. In a lot of ways this game just comes down to who sees who first, and who does stupid shit giving up their position on the mini map. Pilots also have cloaking and auto aim pistols. In other words, it's noob friendly, which is great for me because I suck with kb/m.

Yeah it really looks pretty casual, which would be great because I'm looking for a shooter but i'm not in the mood to buy a new console just to get a gamepad experience.

I knew it, the sentence didn't sound right.
In all honesty, I'm curious as well. I played a match of CTF on Rise yesterday, and nobody in the game knew how to wallrun along the buildings that form corridors, or how to use ziplines. You can literally run the flag from one base to the other in about 10-15 seconds on Rise, and I was watching people running it across on foot in about a minute or so. :/

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all

The shotgun is only good because of how most people are currently playing. Majority of people right now are running around inside buildings with assault rifles and expect to come out on top in firefights. Shotguns excel at close quarters / indoor combat. This is a fast-paced game but when you are indoors with an assault rifle generally you gotta watch out for the shotguns/SMGs.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
In all honesty, I'm curious as well. I played a match of CTF on Rise yesterday, and nobody in the game knew how to wallrun along the buildings that form corridors, or how to use ziplines. You can literally run the flag from one base to the other in about 10-15 seconds on Rise, and I was watching people running it across on foot in about a minute or so. :/

Another thing that I only learned from drift0r's video on wall-running is that you are actually increasing your speed with every subsequent wallrun. I don't know if the tutorial mentioned that and if I just missed it, but if not then the game doesn't do a good job in introducing the mechanic.

Jtrizzy

Yeah it really looks pretty casual, which would be great because I'm looking for a shooter but i'm not in the mood to buy a new console just to get a gamepad experience.

My hope is that this gets me back into mp FPS. COD 4 was great, then I got burned out on it. BFBC2 was my next fps addiction, but I haven't been able to recapture dat feel with BF3 or 4. I'll probably give BF on PS4 another chance in a few months if I'm sick of this.

254630-lolcoiud.jpg

There can only be one!

gossi

Unless you leave it on. Does it not download then?

It downloads if you buy from the console itself, however the poster was asking if they buy remotely (i.e. at work) via xbox.com. Then you have to start the download from the console when you get home (it doesn't kick in automatically).

Mrbob

Shotty was disgustingly OP in the beta. Had hoped the final version nerfed it.

This will be available on the Xbox Store at Midnight EST, yes? Or is it PST?

XB1 Midnight PDT

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
It downloads if you buy from the console itself, however the poster was asking if they buy remotely (i.e. at work) via xbox.com. Then you have to start the download from the console when you get home (it doesn't kick in automatically).

I never noticed that before, I thought it did start itself. So it must just sit on console till you click it.

I'm getting up at 4am UK time to start download then going back to bed.

Strider

For anyone on PC having issues with stuttering. During the beta it was better for me running the game in a window as oppossed to full screen. If you havent maybe give that a try.

Milennia

I knew it.
The race is on now.

Those are the dudes who play nonstop taking turns until they are the first people to hit 10th prestige in all the COD games,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom