• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

antitrop

Can't get the VPN to work no matter what I do, even though I've done it several times before for other games.

Oh well, guess I'll just get high and wait until 10.

Zeliard

I'm getting 120 fps without vsync now.

1) Turn vsync on in-game

2) Use something like Nvidia Inspector to force vsync off for Titanfall

3) Use Rivatuner Statistics to limit framerate to your desired choice, as forcing vsync off will completely uncap the FPS and totally fuck up your mouse sensitivity

I hope they fix this stuff soon. It's fairly bonkers.

Hip Hop

All I can offer is a band-aid:
I did the same thing for this that I had to do for AC4. Disabled vsync in game, used the nVidia control panel to enable adaptive vsync and triple filtering for the game. It doesn't get rid of all the tearing and stuttering but it makes it much less noticeable.

I can not stress this enough.

This is what "saved" the game for me. Can't play without V-sync as the framerate is capped at 60 and it looks horrendous, wish it was unlocked. Plus the in-game Vsync makes the game stutter.

Adaptive V-sync plays so well with this game. I have to use a controller pad exclusively though, which is the only downside. I hate V-sync and using a mouse.

Cimarron

Preloaded and ready to go on Origin! I am so pumped!!! I don't have any friends on Origon though! I am rarely on. MagusCimarron if you want to friend me and bust some titans up!

XeroSauce

I seem to be crashing right after the intro EA/Respawn videos and during the loading circle that says Respawn next to it.

I have a AMD Radeon HD 5800 and a Core 2 Duo. Is anyone else having this problem?

Can't get the VPN to work no matter what I do, even though I've done it several times before for other games.

Oh well, guess I'll just get high and wait until 10.

Just got it working. Took a few tries using different servers, but it eventually worked on the third try. I was about to try FlyVPN, another free program, before it worked. Now all I have to do is get high :D

Also, is it just me or does RivaTuner Statistics FPS overlay not work with Titanfall?

Mononoke

Banned
When I played the PC BETA, my game ran poorly. A lot of FPS drops and stutters. I have GTX-680s 4gb in SLI. The rest of my specs are great, and can play everything at ultra above 60 FPS at 2560x1600p. At the same time, I found the X1 version ran a lot smoother. After hearing the X1 is having performance issues, I have no idea which version to get. =/

antitrop

When I played the PC BETA, my game ran poorly. A lot of FPS drops and stutters. I have GTX-680s 4gb in SLI. The rest of my specs are great, and can play everything at ultra above 60 FPS at 2560x1600p. At the same time, I found the X1 version ran a lot smoother. After hearing the X1 is having performance issues, I have no idea which version to get. =/
SLI 680s?

lol, PC version.

Strider

I got a weird error that said "falied to retrieve token from origin" or something like that. Booted me from the game but now I'm back in. Anyone else have that happen?

Guess this is Origins way of telling me I should take a break ha

Delt31

SLI 680s?

lol, PC version.

agreed. I have a 780 (non sli) and it plays super smooth maxed out at 1080p. I only played the X1 version for beta (recently got a PC) and I can tell you it's night a day difference between that and this PC version. SO happy I went PC. In fact, if it wasn't for Killer Instinct I would sell my X1. I already sold PS4 since the PC counterparts run better.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
I love how there is no balance in the games, so you get fucked over and over unless you leave.

just to clarify since my friend won't answer his damn phone...

when you prestige, you don't lose the titans right?

I remember seeing an article where they talked about the campaign. It mentioned that once you finish them you never have to do them again. So I would assume the Titans stay unlocked for Custom Loadouts no matter what.

Oublieux

I have a question guys: I haven't been able to test it out myself yet but does the invite system still work like in beta because I thought it was terrible.

In beta, inviting a friend only worked if there were remaining spaces on the team you were placed in. Even if there were open slots on the opposing team, an invited friend would be unable to join. I ask because--including myself--there are 4 people, and I can foresee organizing a match like that being a pain since it's 6 versus 6.

Edit: I guess this could be mitigated if we can host lobbies and quickly invite the buddies, but I don't recall if a player could create/host a lobby--this would be helpful as well.

Hip Hop

I love how there is no balance in the games, so you get fucked over and over unless you leave.

They didn't add in a scrambling feature after a match? what?

That was my number one problem with the beta.

If you were on a shit team, you stayed together every match after match losing. No scrambling teams after a round.

Yoda

I only run one 680@4GB and and I don't get any framerate issues at 1440p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom