• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragus

Banned
I used that VPN guide and it works, but I have terrible pings. From 450 on Japanese servers to 650 on European one. What am I doing wrong? Should I really connect to Korean server?

Zeliard

I used that VPN guide and it works, but I have terrible pings. From 450 on Japanese servers to 650 on European one. What am I doing wrong? Should I really connect to Korean server?

You should only connect to the Korean server to unlock the game through Origin. Once that's done, disconnect from the VPN and use your normal connection.

Sanic

Disconnect from the VPN after you launch Titanfall.

Sanic

I can't get into any games on the PC as of 6-7 minutes ago. Game can't seem to find any data centers, but it doesn't seem to be a problem with my connection as everything else is fine.

decided to jump aboard..got an xbone code that someone didnt want from their bundle for 50 dollars. Wish I could have saved more, but i am impatient as all hell to wait for a sale. Looking forward to trying this out, I quite enjoyed the beta.

multivac

I'm assuming there is no way to enable windowed with border mode?

Right click the game in Origin and choose "game properties", then paste this in the launch options without quotes: "-noborder -windowed"

Edit: Oh, WITH border. Maybe try taking away "-noborder"? Dunno..

hwalker84

So if I would've bought this physically I could play at midnight but digital gets treated like shit?? Honestly theirs zero incentive to go digital. Its like I'm punishing myself.

Right click the game in Origin and choose "game properties", then paste this in the launch options without quotes: "-noborder -windowed"

Edit: Oh, WITH border. Maybe try taking away "-noborder"? Dunno..

sorry, meant borderLESS.

Thanks, will try this. While we're at it, what about disabling intro movies? :D

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
So if I would've bought this physically I could play at midnight but digital gets treated like shit?? Honestly theirs zero incentive to go digital. Its like I'm punishing myself.

Yeah, this stuff bugs me with digital a lot. EST gets fucked with some 3am nonsense all the time.

Anyone else's stats not updating? Just killed a handful of guys and only got credit for one kill. It's happened in the last half hour or so. They're not updating properly. I'm on the PC, in case that makes a difference.

How is the marketing in your stores? In best buy nyc i see some stands for it when you enter the store. I'll post pics later. Is this having a midnight launch?

Nydius

"Campaign" mode seems quite a turd. Would I miss anything if I skipped it?

You need to run through it twice if you want the two custom titan torsos. Otherwise, you'll ONLY ever be able to use the Atlas torso to customize any Titans.

Edit: Don't worry though, it's actually a lot shorter than it seems. Tedious, but not very long.

Ragus

Banned
Don't worry, not as bad as the guy on reddit who thought he had to download the game through a vpn.

Oh my lol.

Just had my first quick match and first campaing match. We won. Text chat in the lobby is a great addition. All maxed out on 770 4GB and i5-3570. Constant 60 fps at 1080p. In beta, there sometimes was micro sturreting, but it's gone now. I may even try to downsample this bad boy.

ifdJ5IdTS3JY5.png

Aw yiss. Motha. Fucking. Titanfall.

Camp Lo

Banned
You need to run through it twice if you want the two custom titan torsos. Otherwise, you'll ONLY ever be able to use the Atlas torso to customize any Titans.

Edit: Don't worry though, it's actually a lot shorter than it seems. Tedious, but not very long.

How many hours and the dialogue, problematic if I skip them?

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Cross posting from the Steam thread. After playing the beta I'm getting pretty excited for this game. I'm grabbing the Xbox One bundle tomorrow but wanted to spread the PC joy to GAF. I'm making this a 3 hour raffle, just in time for it to unlock in the US tonight:)

Enjoy!

Titanfall Origin Giveaway

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away an Origin PC key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Titanfall -- MB-AA3FC0019B839574

t1394513034z1.png

hwalker84

Yeah, this stuff bugs me with digital a lot. EST gets fucked with some 3am nonsense all the time.

I decided to try and go all digital with both consoles but I feel like a absolute fool.

Same price!
No incentives!
Retail rewards not offered. (Microsoft store offering $10 back but only on physical... wtf)
No preloading?
3am unlock when I can get it in the stores 3hrs earlier.

This and infamous may be the last titles I get digitally until something changes.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The East US Data Center seems to dislike me.

DD-11

Really bummed that pre-download is ready yet. I'm going to hate waiting for the download to finish.

I'm getting an odd message on the x1: "We can't connect to the internet. It looks like it's on our end. We're working on it"

I can connect to the internet via Netflix, IE and even play online matches in KI, but I can't get to the marketplace or any XBL services. Anyone having this problem?

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Games fucking great, been playing it all evening. Finished the campaign multiplayer and the story's the biggest load of bollocks, I couldn't tell you what was happening blah blah but it unlocks a few stryders so they're worth playing anyway, plus it's essentially multiplayer matches with story dialogue etc However the map design is fantastic so far and it feels much more like COD2/COD4 Infinity Ward rather than MW2 Infinity Ward. Having a lot of fun so far. It's hilarious though as I was playing with people who were on their 4th/5th prestige and who had barely slept. Crazy people.

Hip Hop

Cross posting from the Steam thread. After playing the beta I'm getting pretty excited for this game. I'm grabbing the Xbox One bundle tomorrow but wanted to spread the PC joy to GAF. I'm making this a 3 hour raffle, just in time for it to unlock in the US tonight:)

Enjoy!

Nice Giveaway!

Not entering this as I already have the PC version and would most likely give that away to a friend.

Gibran7

I know it was few pages back but someone said you can get it on PC for around $35. Can someone kindly post the link. Thinking about double dipping.

PatzCU

Enjoy!

Really great of you, thanks Dupy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom