• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hip Hop

How you guys have it already? Don't you have to wait till midnight?

Meant it as it's in my Origin Library already. It unlocks at 9pm PST.

You can use a VPN though to start playing right now though.

Still tossing up the idea if I should go ahead and do that, or just wait officially. Only 2 hours left to go.

EDIT:
what is vpn?

Great guide here about that:
http://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/1z9npl/guide_how_to_use_a_vpn_to_unlock_titanfall_early/

dcx4610

I don't care one bit about multiplayer. Even if the story was only 5 hours or so like a Call of Duty, I would have given Titanfall chance. No single player, no buy.

Why cater to just one segment of fans?

Cimarron

Is there a technical reason why consoles can't pre-load? Also is there a reason why console gamers have to wait until 3am EST? It seems like laziness IMO.

Camp Lo

Banned
I don't care one bit about multiplayer. Even if the story was only 5 hours or so like a Call of Duty, I would have given Titanfall chance. No single player, no buy.

MP FPS are popular even more so than SP FPS.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I'm running the game worse than I did in beta for some reason. :( That includes the beta maps.

edit: I also installed the latest nvidia drivers.

multivac

I desperately want to make my aim down sights mouse sensitivity in Titanfall match what it is in Battlefield 4 (which I believe to be 0.6 times my hipfire sensitivity).

I found in a Google search that you can add this to the CounterStrike: GO config to achieve the same thing in that game:

bind MOUSE2 +sens
alias +sens "sensitivity 1" //Mouse Sensitivity when holding down right Mousebutton.
alias -sens "sensitivity 5" //Mouse Sensitivity when right Mousebutton is released.

I figured this might work in Titanfall since it is also based on Source engine, but Titanfall just overwrites my config files whenever I add this to them and removes the lines.

Anyone have any ideas on modifying aim down sights sensitivity separately from hipfire? Someone else must be interested in this.

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
Oh man I can't wait. Haven't jumped into a competitive multiplayer online game in a while so really looking forward to this.

So happy it delivers on the hype!

Whoa. Dupy strikes again! Congratulations to whoever gets the game! It's amazing. Played 3 hours of it last night before I had to go to sleep. Now I'm stuck at work and keep thinking about it and wishing I was at home calling in some titans.

Delt31

couple hours of playing and the game is awesome. Campaign though is a total waste and I mean TOTAL waste.

still can't believe how well it looks and smooth it plays when compared to my beta experience which was x1 only.

Rizific

I know it was few pages back but someone said you can get it on PC for around $35. Can someone kindly post the link. Thinking about double dipping.

quoted for the new page. id like to know as well. or any other place that has it for less than $60?

shandy706

Ha, just noticed this in my copy of Popular Science.

Forgive the low light cell pics. In bed with lamp on.

D6FDF1C2-47AD-46D4-9B2E-B09B16BA6DA2.jpg

991EFC8B-1BDB-4BE5-A876-C7AC92CD2CD2.jpg

Hip Hop

couple hours of playing and the game is awesome. Campaign though is a total waste and I mean TOTAL waste.

still can't believe how well it looks and smooth it plays when compared to my beta experience which was x1 only.

Well, you do need that to unlock other Titans. So it isn't too bad. But yeah, I imagine I'm only gonna play it just once or how ever long it takes me to unlock them. Then I am out.

EDIT:

Ha, just noticed this in my copy of Popular Science.

Forgive the low light cell pics. In bed with lamp on.

eh, The beta really got me hooked, so it isn't too far of a stretch.

There was an interview where one of the devs said, that in the COD games they were responsible for, a surprisingly low number of people ever pick up the SP at all.

Given that knowledge and the size of their team (I've read somewhere between 70-100), it's not surprising that they chose to concentrate on the part of their game that gets the most play.

It's a calculated risk, they feel there is a large enough number of people interested in the MP only game to go forward with it.

Ahhh just found out my gamestop isn't doing a midnight release because the mall is doing a power safety check tonight and everything will be closed.

Fuck I want my $200 statue!
First world problems

exostar

Neo Member

That's what Respawn wanted to make. A multiplayer game. Like Counter-Strike or Quake 3.

I just realized that I've seen almost no complaints about Titanfall being online-only, and not a peep about it being a form of DRM. It's only been a year since SimCity came out. What has changed?

I just realized that I've seen almost no complaints about Titanfall being online-only, and not a peep about it being a form of DRM. It's only been a year since SimCity came out. What has changed?

To be fair this is a online only game where sim city should have had offline mode. Although i would say they should have at least had bots with an offline for titanfall. I wonder if a patch can do that.

so i planned to take a nap, wake up in 2 hours and start downloading this on xbox one as my first digital full game, but i just found out that it wont be up until 3 est. seriously MS this is ridiculous, bad enough we couldnt preload the game but forcing us east coasters to wait until the last US timezone turns midnight is dumb. Im still buying this game digitally but this will definitely be a factor the next time a game im really anticipating comes out.

Delt31

Well, you do need that to unlock other Titans. So it isn't too bad. But yeah, I imagine I'm only gonna play it just once or how ever long it takes me to unlock them. Then I am out.

EDIT:

eh, The beta really got me hooked, so it isn't too far of a stretch.

you're right which is why I'm even playing this campaign bs.

To be fair this is a online only game where sim city should have had offline mode.

Right... I get that. But two big PC releases of the past few years, Diablo 3 and SimCity, have been completely trashed for being online-only, and the developers of those games have always used the talking point "we designed it this way on purpose."

Why do people accept it with Titanfall but rejected it with those other two? To me, that speaks to the lack of interest in a single-player campaign in a game like this more than any other factor.

hwalker84

Is there a technical reason why consoles can't pre-load? Also is there a reason why console gamers have to wait until 3am EST? It seems like laziness IMO.

Complete laziness and absolute absurdity that regions can't unlock when their particular time zone hits midnight. As for the preloads its said that gamestop and others made Microsoft remove the official Titanfall preload. Its bullshit!

so i planned to take a nap, wake up in 2 hours and start downloading this on xbox one as my first digital full game, but i just found out that it wont be up until 3 est. seriously MS this is ridiculous, bad enough we couldnt preload the game but forcing us east coasters to wait until the last US timezone turns midnight is dumb. Im still buying this game digitally but this will definitely be a factor the next time a game im really anticipating comes out.

Kowtowing to retailers: yet another fabulous feature of the NEXT GENERATION.

You sure it is 3 eastern? Where did you find out? Also was it a pre load?

Finished the first half of the campaign and got to level 12.

The campaign is terrible. It's basically just mp matches, but with a short cinematic opening and some dialogue in between. But the dialogue happens mid-match, so fuck if I have time to listen to what they're saying. As such I had no idea what was even going on.

I think all the criticism against the graphics are pretty justified. They're not that good. Cross-gen game and all that, I suppose. Runs great though.

I have about the same opinion as from the beta. Game is super tight and fun - very fast - but my brain starts to go numb after a few matches. Just not a whole lot of depth there.

There are a million unlocks and challenges, and they seem to come fast and frequent, so the game feeds you pretty well in that regard.

AdamMPSP

I ordered the Titanfall Xbox One bundle from Amazon, and it's been "preparing to ship" for hours. I'm a little terrified I won't get it tomorrow.

I was barely able to do any work today because I'm too hype for this. Gotta get it together.

Dub117

Does GameStop ever let you have it before midnight? I'm tempted to go pick it up, but I have to work early and can't stay up much after midnight

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Right... I get that. But two big PC releases of the past few years, Diablo 3 and SimCity, have been completely trashed for being online-only, and the developers of those games have always used the talking point "we designed it this way on purpose."

Why do people accept it with Titanfall but rejected it with those other two? To me, that speaks to the lack of interest in a single-player campaign in a game like this more than any other factor.

Well I guess the big thing is that whilst Call Of Duty is known for its campaigns over recent years especially it's become synonymous with multiplayer, of which old Infinity Ward had a major part in. A lot of people see their games as online only with a single player they don't care about.

Sim City and Diablo 1/2 were games that could be played offline and a lot of the fanbase enjoy playing those games that way so I think a big proportion of that fanbase were effected.

Of course we're talking 'generally' here, not everyone's the same and people have different priorities but that's how I see it anyway.

Jtrizzy

Really not looking forward to going to Gamestop for the midnight launch, but I had all kinds of trade in credit and coupons. Hopefully it's not too bad.

Grisby

There is like a 10 minute b roll trailer of Titanfall going on in the GameStop. The music is some halo choir stuff.

Feel like I'm going to get a bj from an angel or something in a few minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom