• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

azhar

Banned
Watching the Titanfall launch on Twitch... man, I've always liked major nelson and I think he comes across as a fairly genuine guy, but he shouldn't be allowed to smile on camera. It looks so forced and a bit creepy.

Attrition and pilot hunt are basically the same game modes with scores tallied slightly differently. They should have made them feel more unique.

Grisby

Watching the Titanfall launch on Twitch... man, I've always liked major nelson and I think he comes across as a fairly genuine guy, but he shouldn't be allowed to smile on camera. It looks so forced and a bit creepy.
Are they having a big launch part in Times Square or something? Is there a band?

What band would play at a Titanfall launch party?

multivac

Posting again for at least one more page:

I desperately want to make my aim down sights mouse sensitivity in Titanfall match what it is in Battlefield 4 (which I believe to be 0.6 times my hipfire sensitivity).

I found in a Google search that you can add this to the CounterStrike: GO config to achieve the same thing in that game:

bind MOUSE2 +sens
alias +sens "sensitivity 1" //Mouse Sensitivity when holding down right Mousebutton.
alias -sens "sensitivity 5" //Mouse Sensitivity when right Mousebutton is released.

I figured this might work in Titanfall since it is also based on Source engine, but Titanfall just overwrites my config files whenever I add this to them and removes the lines.

Anyone have any ideas on modifying aim down sights sensitivity separately from hipfire? Someone else must be interested in this.

Finally got my shipping confirmation of the XB1 Collector's Edition from Amazon. For anyone who was wondering the shipping weight is 22.4 pounds.

IndustryX

TitanFallGAF

Here is my setup

i7 3630
GTX 660M 2GB VRAM
8 GB RAM
Windows 8.1

What should I be able to run this game on? I have been experiencing frame rate problems but i'm unsure if its attributed to lag or something else. (I did just update my video card driver, and have yet to try it, it claims to give best performance for titanfall so I am hopeful performance will increase)

TitanFallGAF

Here is my setup

i7
GTX 660M 2GB VRAM
8 GB RAM
Windows 8.1

What should I be able to run this game on? I have been experiencing frame rate problems but i'm unsure if its attributed to lag or something else. (I did just update my video card driver, and have yet to try it, it claims to give best performance for titanfall so I am hopeful performance will increase)

You will have performance issues. First thing you should do is turn your texture quality down to high and effects quality to low. I did that and am able to get near stable 60, but there are substantial dips into the 40's. With textures at very high I was getting low 30's at certain moments.

I've got a 680, 2600k, 8gb ram. (Playing at 1440p).

Woo-Fu

Banned
Linking the other two chassis to the stupid campaign was a bad idea. Good luck getting them if you buy the game a few weeks after release when nobody is playing campaign at all. Heck, good luck getting them tonight. I can't get past 2nd level of IMC.

Camp Lo

Banned
Linking the other two chassis to the stupid campaign was a bad idea. Good luck getting them if you buy the game a few weeks after release when nobody is playing campaign at all. Heck, good luck getting them tonight. I can't get past 2nd level of IMC.
Fuck yeah. It took close to 10 minutes to fill my first game. I can't imagine when people have played through this bullshit and outright abandon it.

botty

Banned
#MyTitanIsReady

It's gonna be a motherfucking good time tomorrow, aww yiss. About to head out to a midnight launch. Let's fucking do this.

So much sodium and sugar. Take care of your body, bro. Oh and those slim jims are made from the lips and hearts of cow. :(

Sobriquet

For those on the west coast like me, who still have a few hours to go, the Xbox channel on Twitch is streaming the launch party in Austin. Dorito Pope's in the house.

Man what I really want is for Microsoft to release the drivers already for the Xbox One controller. I would love to play it on my PC with the X1 controller than the X360 controller. Those rumble triggers are so nice! And yes I play my PC FPS shooters with my gamepad. ;)

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Came home, internet down
Do all the usual bullshit to fix internet
Nothing works
Modem is bad it seems
Go to store
Buy new modem
Still not working
Bad line
No Internet until Thursday
No Titanfall
Fuck

Man what I really want is for Microsoft to release the drivers already for the Xbox One controller. I would love to play it on my PC with the X1 controller than the X360 controller. Those rumble triggers are so nice! And yes I play my PC FPS shooters with my gamepad. ;)

Titanfall doesn't use rumble triggers

kris.

Banned
so Origin says the game launches at 11pm. is that local time for me? do i really get to launch in thirty two minutes?????

my body is not ready

antitrop

I couldn't get the VPN working, so I'm waiting for the peasant unlock. 30 minutes to Titanfall! Add me on Origin, ID: antitrop. We'll call down robots and murder people together!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom