• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jet1911

im running a

GTX 560 Ti
i5
8gig ram (dat corsair)

and my shit is running at a smooth 60....It might drop to like 45 when alot of shit is going on but honestly, I can't tell...it feels like a smooth 60. Now if I turn vsync on then it stutters up a bit when looking around sometimes, but with it off, its so smooth and i barely notice tearing and i am a stickler for tearing.

Have you playedon Lagoon? Or that other map in a smaller camp with fog? Those two kill my framerate. :/

DrBo42

Played my first match on PC, super fun. Didn't play the beta, surprised at just how good the mechanics are, the videos don't really prepare you for how well it plays.

ultron87

Played 3 campaign matches. Had a fun time. After having not gotten to use the Strider in the Beta I'm loving it. So fast.

I was playing with two other guys on mic. Getting to use actual teamwork when everyone is in Titans is awesome. And you become way more effective.

We were able to skip past the waiting to connect/"Initializing" errors by having the one guy that did get in invite us directly to a game.

Timan

Developer
Yea, I can't get into a private lobby after training :(

Y3vrg04ivO93RZCN5LDjOgyCbxyI3lg70ye1XhNQ0gI

Jtrizzy

so how long did the installation process take on Origin for those who downloaded it? The process looks like it's going to be 2 hours at best from disc. The unpacking of the 34 gigs of audio at ~25 mbps is horrible.

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
Just got back from the Microsoft Experience Store (aka mall kiosk at the rich people mall) in Tampa. They gave everyone who preordered a free year of live and a free ticket to see The Lego Movie. Plus you got a ten dollar GC AND $10 off the game. Plus they gave away two TF bundle X1s and a bunch of other crap, and there were only like 30 people there.

Shit was banging. Can't connect to data servers but I'm not even mad.

-PXG-

Just played one match. People are ass. Teammates are retarded. This is why I can't play with Ransoms.

It was on Fracture too. Come on... this shit was in the beta. Y'all should know the maps

BTM

Just got back from the Microsoft Experience Store (aka mall kiosk at the rich people mall) in Tampa. They gave everyone who preordered a free year of live and a free ticket to see The Lego Movie. Plus you got a ten dollar GC AND $10 off the game. Plus they gave away two TF bundle X1s and a bunch of other crap, and there were only like 30 people there.

Shit was banging. Can't connect to data servers but I'm not even mad.

That's insane.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
The "campaign" is complete nonsense.

Game is awesome though. So far I've played fracture and colony. Colony was so damn cool. That map is the shit.

FStop7

Banned
Hangs on Initializing, can't connect to servers. Try to cancel and it just totally locks up, have to kill the process in task manager.

gg, Respawn.

Vire

Yeah got in for the tutorial and now I am locked out again. Online only games on launch day are always such a mess.

border

I went to a Microsoft store in Jacksonville, FL and didn't get any freebies, aside from the $10 gift card. Is the gift card good for stuff on Xbox Live, or just things from the Microsoft Store? I figure I might as well use it to buy a Season Pass or a Media Remote, since those things will likely not be going on sale anytime soon.

My store had a fucking ton of people though. Standing room only. DJ with music blaring, along with drinks and hors d'ouerves. They were selling Live memberships for $40 -- no free stuff other than a bunch of raffle winners. I got nothing.

I cannot connect to any data center, and since I have gotten no free swag I will say that this is utter bullshit. Though it's not like I didn't get fair warning, considering that EA has fucked up the launch of every online title.

skitzyzim

Banned
Game has been playing flawless for me when I can get in it. 1080P / 60 solid on I5 2500k, 16 gig ram, gtx 670. I did force vsync in NVidia instead of game. I haven't even noticed any tearing. My biggest gripe, besides the servers, is the amount of people that are already above level 30..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom