• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHL23

Banned
Played 4 matches in campaign. So guuud. That feeling when your mech dies and you eject to rodeo on the enemies mech and desroy it. Soo guud. Would be playing more if the servers werent getting raped

Superflat

Played 5 missions in the "campaign". Taking a break because it is a bit of a sensory overload after a while. Let's see if the servers are gracious enough to get me into another lobby later.

I'm not following what the "story" of the campaign is at all lol. The dialogue that occurs is actually distracting. An actual single player campaign would have been better to deliver what they're trying to do, because in a MP match, I'm 110% focused on the match. In single player mode, I can afford to pay attention to story. An actual campaign would also be a better way for newcomers of the genre to get a feel for how all the controls work, instead of going through a basic move-set tutorial and throw them to the wolves.

I say that because man, I am pretty terrible at this game lol. The only FPS games I played any decent amount of is CS:GO and L4D2, so I'm not used to COD style or MP. The need to keep running is fun, but dizzying, and it's hard to keep track of where the action is happening. Also, the frame rate is shiiiiiit on my rig sometimes *_*

tbm24

I'm done for the night but I exclusively played Capture The Flag. There's a map with dragon flying around that was amazing for ctf. So many different ways to traverse your way around it gets really intense. Had a blast despite the fact that apparently people don't know how to play ctf anymore. Spoiled these people are. Also that map in particularly looked fantastic visually. It isn't a technical showcase I guess but the game very much looks great maxed out on PC. Hope those who bought it enjoy the game for the fun it provides, because it's oozing fun.

I'm so torn on this game. I feel like it just won't offer enough variety and in a week or two i'll be back on Battlefield 4 anyway, so why not save the money..

I'm so torn on this game. I feel like it just won't offer enough variety and in a week or two i'll be back on Battlefield 4 anyway, so why not save the money..

It is not a campaign oriented game that you will be engaged in a captivating story. It is completely online and you can't honestly get the feel of the game unless you've tried it.

What intrigues me most is the change it offers from the other shooters out there like COD/BF.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Last time I go to q Best Buy midnight launch. They were pushing their rewards program and headsets and seasons passes and soda and snacks on everyone and they were all signing up for that shit. 20 people in front of md and it took 30 min. Mine was paid for and I spent 30 seconds at the register. So fucking stupid. Anyways, installing now these servers better work!

I went to a launch party at a Microsoft kiosk at a local mall. Yes kiosk, Microsoft doesn't have a store in the mall yet, so they have a large kiosk. They had pizza, sodas, and snacks. They tried their best to have a good event, but not many people know about the location and they don't do trade ins or anything like that so not alot of people there. Actually some people came by, ate pizza won prizes then went to Gamestop to pick up the game, lol.

They had alot of prizes and giveaways. I left with a free year of Live, a Titanfall shirt, a lanyard, and the new Xbox One headset. I guess it pays off to go to to an event that many don't know about it. Installing it to my Xbox One now.

Cmagus

Just finished the IMC campaign and it was pretty good and unlocked the Stryder. I'll have to do the Militia campaign tomorrow for the Ogre.

badb0y

Maybe we should make a separate thread to exchange IDs to play together. Unless there is a thread already and I'm not aware of it.

just came back from Best Buy. This game is definitely moving some xbox ones. Some a$$hole decided to buy all 3 non pre ordered titanfall collector's editions.

Game is installing right now. Don't have too many friends that have xbox one yet.
Gamertag: SpartenOmega117

Grisby

Everything is so fast.

So much screen tearing though in the dropship. And there is some weird herkey-jerky shit on the x1.

Mrbob

Geforce experience just prompted me with a new driver. TitanFall driver is here.

New in GeForce 335.23 WHQL drivers

This 335.23 Game Ready WHQL driver ensures you’ll have the best possible gaming experience for Titanfall.

Performance
Enhanced GPU clock offset options for GeForce GTX 750Ti / GTX 750
SLI Technology
Diablo III – updated DX9 profile
Bound by Flame – updated profile
DOTA 2 – updated profile
Need for Speed Rivals – updated DX11 profile
Watch Dogs – updated profile

Gaming Technology
Supports GeForce ShadowPlay™ technology
Supports GeForce ShadowPlay™ Twitch Streaming
SHIELD
Supports NVIDIA GameStream™ technology
3D Vision
Titanfall – rated “Good”
Thief – rating now “Good”
Call of Duty: Ghosts – in-depth laser sight added

FStop7

Banned
I got in, finally (PC version.) I get huge, huge lag and drops in framerate when I get close to an enemy Titan while piloting a Titan of my own. I mean really bad. 2 or 3 second hangs, single frames. It's got to be some kind of bug, it doesn't happen when I'm on foot.

That said, the first match I ever played was pretty fun. I'm not sure how long the novelty will last, though.

Cmagus

I'm so wrong. I'm going to the Campaign section as a level 48 and wrecking everybody.

I just had that with some other guys. Using burn cards and having half the other team starting in titans it was such a wipe lol. Luckily the campaign still completes even if you lose. In fact I'm pretty sure the guy on my team was just standing there the entire campaign until it finished.

Smooth launch overall?

Already crossed the first speedbump. Servers had issues for about an hour, Respawn patched it, and now the thread is quiet because everyone is playing it. :p

The game doesn't launch on west coast for another 30 minutes, so there's one last milestone to cross until the huge weekend rush of traffic!

*sigh* I wish there could be a digital CE version I could order from Origin where I get the game digitally, but all the cool extras the day of release. I want to playyyy.

SO is it up already or something?

Lots of people seem to be talking as if game is live, was it not Midnight Pacific?

I'll be jumping on PC shortly.

Game was available on PC as of 9pm pacific. Xbox One version doesn't launch until midnight.

meanspartan

SO is it up already or something?

Lots of people seem to be talking as if game is live, was it not Midnight Pacific?

I'll be jumping on PC shortly.

BraXzy

Just got back from the launch event in Austin. I thought it was really cool. I was dying to get my hands on the game again. It was crazy how big the queue of people trying to get in was.. it went right round the 'block' as you guys would say :3 I got quite a few games in on the new maps which are awesome, got a few photos with guys from Respawn as well as Major Nelson. I even managed to get my Titanfall controller signed by Vince Zampella which was nice of him to do. I'll upload some photos in a min.

Malaussene

Neo Member
I try to connect to europe data centers but looks like it "redirects" me to US when trying to play campaign... always 200+ ping.. anybody with the same problem?

I actually saw Titanfall move 5 Xbox One consoles at my Bestbuy Midnight Launch. 5 people bought a console just for Titanfall. Not bad. I wonder how many console sales this game will cause.

EDIT: Also, longest install ever.

sigh, waiting up till midnight to purchase and get the dl going and then hitting the hay since I have class in the morning. Won't get to play till tomorrow afternoon

Obscured

I just want to be able to start the download so I can go to bed and be ready for tomorrow. They really have to figure this pre-load thing out on the xbox one. (I don't mean from a technical level, I'm sure that is already squared away. But this limitation due to retail chain is dumb and annoying.)

Once I get it I'll post my GT, is there a list anywhere? I need some people to play with.

I actually saw Titanfall move 5 Xbox One consoles at my Bestbuy Midnight Launch. 5 people bought a console just for Titanfall. Not bad. I wonder how many console sales this game will cause.

EDIT: Also, longest install ever.

Came here to post this. Currently unpacking audio.

Dear GOD this is taking forever. Already had to restart once thanks to origin crashing. Praying it doesn't happen again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom