• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
UGH, the GameStop by my apartment that did a midnight release had a long ass line. Easily over 20 people and that's just what I saw standing outside, I didn't even see how many were in the building. The GameStop guy said there wouldn't be enough for everyone so I said fuck it and left. I'll use my team member + red card discount and get 15% tomorrow when Target opens. 6 and a half LONG hours away...

Soi-Fong

I actually saw Titanfall move 5 Xbox One consoles at my Bestbuy Midnight Launch. 5 people bought a console just for Titanfall. Not bad. I wonder how many console sales this game will cause.

EDIT: Also, longest install ever.

If you're expecting this game to suddenly move 3 million plus XB1's to match up to the PS4 numbers, don't.

I'm expecting around a million XB1's sold.

Mononoke

Banned
I'm getting 120 fps without vsync now.

1) Turn vsync on in-game

2) Use something like Nvidia Inspector to force vsync off for Titanfall

3) Use Rivatuner Statistics to limit framerate to your desired choice, as forcing vsync off will completely uncap the FPS and totally fuck up your mouse sensitivity

I hope they fix this stuff soon. It's fairly bonkers.

Yeesh this game is running like garbage on my PC. GTX 680's SLI @ 2560x1600p. Going to have to try that forced V sync or whatever in Invidia Inspector. What's strange is, the game stays at 55-60 FPS, but then randomly crashes. It keeps happening every 10 seconds, making it unplayable for me. Even when I lower my settings drastically, it still has a lot of screen tearing.

UGH, the GameStop by my apartment that did a midnight release had a long ass line. Easily over 20 people and that's just what I saw standing outside, I didn't even see how many were in the building. The GameStop guy said there wouldn't be enough for everyone so I said fuck it and left. I'll use my team member + red card discount and get 15% tomorrow when Target opens. 6 and a half LONG hours away...

Damn, looks like Titanfall could be a bigger hit than a lot of people are anticipating.

Grisby

I like the art direction. Some decent colors in the levels.

So you can play as a woman by playing as a assassin? Wish there was decent customization

Cse

Banned
Came here to post this. Currently unpacking audio.

Dear GOD this is taking forever. Already had to restart once thanks to origin crashing. Praying it doesn't happen again.

How long has it been taking for you?

My CPU isn't the best (Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300, 2.5 GHZ), and so far it's taken me about 40 minutes to unpack the audio files.

And I'm only halfway done...

gossi

My CPU isn't the best (Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300, 2.5 GHZ), and so far it's taken me about 40 minutes to unpack the audio files.

Origin unlocking is a beast. Massive IO hit too so you need a good hard drive.

If you're logged in, don't log out. Servers are down for new sessions.

Standard 2500k here. Yeah 40 minutes sounds about right. Mine isn't much further along than that.

BraXzy

Just got back from the launch event in Austin. I thought it was really cool. I was dying to get my hands on the game again. It was crazy how big the queue of people trying to get in was.. it went right round the 'block' as you guys would say :3 I got quite a few games in on the new maps which are awesome, got a few photos with guys from Respawn as well as Major Nelson. I even managed to get my Titanfall controller signed by Vince Zampella which was nice of him to do. I'll upload some photos in a min.

oVBK4sL.jpg

DK4Omdo.jpg

nSmDM6f.jpg

ok wow...
Playing the xbox one version after playing the PC beta. Xbox One definitely has some noticeable tearing/frame rate drops. Glad I double dipped for pc version.

Ferny

Well, time to take a break. Been playing since about 1pm on and off. Got to level 32. Ready to get some more time in tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom