• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put in about an hour and a half on the XB1 version. Finished the Militia campaign and gonna call it a night. Was in the closed alpha and beta and still having tons of fun playing the retail version. Yes, the graphics aren't going to blow you away but they are still pretty good, love love love the art direction; the framerate issues are still there but they certainly don't affect the overall experience whatsoever. So happy that this game is finally out.

Here are my current stats:

EAbtxEG.jpg

4VXlaUW.jpg

raviolico

Dear MS....when wil we see finally a glimpse of the 360 version...?
this week? next week? 1 hour before release?
i mean the game ships in two weeks not in the far distant future...

Mdk7

I woke up at 5.30 am to be able to play a little before work, LOL (i have a review to write ASAP).
I beat the IMC campaign, i did have tons of fun but i can't say i enjoyed the story or the mode overall.
Yet the game is still top notch (and IMHO better than the 87% Metacritic average).

Meccs

Frames are stable on my PC, constantly shows 60fps but I have slowdowns from time to time. Vsync disabled, capped at 60 via RivaTuner. This shouldn't happen if the frame rate is constant. Really weird.

Mononoke

Banned
What sort of problems?

First thing first, are all of your drivers updated?

Yeah I upgraded to the latest driver today. Basically, I get a lot of screen tearing. But even worse, the game hovers at 55-60 FPS, then has these massive FPS crashes. I can't explain it. But the game almost freezes up. It gets really bad when I'm in an area with a Titan going by. I don't get it. I can play Crysis 3 with maxed out settings, and get much better performance than this.

I know you can't compare games 1:1 (because of optimization and other factors). But damn, this is some of the worst I've seen. I'm not blaming the game itself (although I've seen enough people say they have performance issues to think it's not isolated). But regardless, its' not working for me (for whatever reason). I've tried turning on V Sync In game, and then going to the control pane and forcing V Sync Off.

The only thing that kind of worked was turning on Triple Buffering and Vertical Sync On in the Nvidia Control Panel. The screen tearing is severely reduced (it's more smooth). But as soon as I run up walls and bounce off, or whenever I get close to a Titan, it seems to get hung up again. :(

Victrix

*beard*
Unlocked Stryder, played some CTF, played some Pilot Hunter, dropped a lot of titans.

Game owns, can't wait to play more tomorrow.

If you're abroad and you're buying with Xbox One via changing region to United States - when asked for a US credit card, add your regular one. For address, State = New York. Postal code/ZIP = 12121. It bypasses address check.

That zip changes city to Melrose and transaction fails.

I'm not sure about Xbone but on PC the graphics do look nice, especially those wide shots in space when you're playing the campaign. Everything is sharp and clean at 1080p, no tearing and locked at 60fps on my modest 760. Maybe its the new drivers but I'm getting no hiccups or jitters like I did in beta.

Finished both sides of campaign, now onto proper MP matches.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
Played the PC version for like 8 hours straight. Just bought the Xbox One digital version... my god is it downloading comically slow. I'm literally getting 600kbit on my 30mbit connection. Granted when I do a speed test I'm only getting like 15mbit down from out of town servers... but still... Oh well the plan was to play PC till my old man wrists couldn't take it anymore and then let the Xbox do its download thing overnight. But wtf is up with my Internet.

Is anyone having right analog stick issue with TitanFall? I tried the Dead Rising demo, and I didn't happen. The issue I'm talking about is that if I move the analog stick to the top right(inverted)it starts looking down on its own slowly if I let go of the analog stick. I don't recall this happening to me in the Beta. I got the system earlier this month as well, and I barley used it...This sucks if I can't figured it out.

MANGOD

Banned
Anyone bought this on the US store and got it workin on a non US acount?? Tempted to pick this up dont wont to wait till Friday release over here

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
What a day, Met a lot of famous people and took pictures with them at the austin event, saw BraXzy as well!

The event itself was ok, if I had known what it was going to be like, I probably would have stayed home, lots of titan fall stations set up but way more people walking around, loud, and they did not even sell the game there.

And then one of the dudes I was in line with told me he spoke with one of the microsoft store reps and said apparently they have 6 extra collector's editions at the austin store. I did have it on pre-order but I cancelled it because I figured they would be selling them at this event. Jetted straight to the store as fast as I could, find out they had no extras, but the manager compensated me with a game and said she was going do what she could to see if any other stores had extra stock, so that was nice.

But yeah I am pooped, going to install the bed and hit the sack, no more austin launch events lol.

isb

Banned
Played a couple of hours yesterday, i didnt play the BETA.

This game is TOO DAMN GOOD. I haven't felt this urge to call in sick from work to play since i played COD: MW... damn you Respawn you are too good at this shit.

IM AMAZED.

I'm not sure about Xbone but on PC the graphics do look nice, especially those wide shots in space when you're playing the campaign. Everything is sharp and clean at 1080p, no tearing and locked at 60fps on my modest 760. Maybe its the new drivers but I'm getting no hiccups or jitters like I did in beta.

Finished both sides of campaign, now onto proper MP matches.

You finished both campaigns already? How did you do it so fast? You get the game early or something?

ck2875

I know it's not exact, but part of me likes how the Ryse guy's torso matches up to the Titan's legs in my game tiles… it's like he's trying to stab the pilot with his sword.

photo_zpsc2f72784.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom