• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mechazawa

Don't sleep on the satchels, you guys. They've got seriously great throw range.

I don't think I saw anyone really using them, but I was racking up serious kills with em.

Oddly enough, I never really cared for them in CoD, but they seem so much more versatile in this for some reason.

Don't sleep on the satchels, you guys. They've got seriously great throw range.

I don't think I saw anyone really using them, but I was racking up serious kills with em.

Oddly enough, I never really cared for them in CoD, but they seem so much more versatile in this for some reason.

I killed couple of guys accidentally with them. Threw one and pressed the same button to detonate like CoD, but instead I threw another. Didn't know how to blow them up so I thought fuck it and changed back to primary gun, and as soon as I pulled the trigger both charges blew up killing two pilots nearby. The blast radius on these things is fucking insane.

Milennia

i have come across a few weird issues, like i died behind a wall a couple of times and fell through the floor as well, other than that, smooth sailing.

isb

Banned
How's the PC version? I'm EU so I have to wait like always.

Its great, i have a i5 2500k @ 4,4GHz, 16gb ram and a GTX670 DC2 and i played on highest setting with 4xMSAA except the insane textures and only got some stuttering maybe once or twice in my 4 hours of gametime, no bugs or anything. Solid 60fps throughout with the nvidia controlpanel trick.

Btw, i live in sweden and payed 220skr for it (33 dollar-ish) and began playing yesterday, PM me for instructions!

GD71

Banned
Im struggling to get Paypal added:(

See my post at the end of the linked international store thread. You need to add it to your account via the Xbox.com website not the console. If you already had it attached to your UK account, remove it and then re-add it via the website (whilst your console is still in US location).

-PXG-

People are fucking awful at this game. Like awful. I guess there are a lot of CoD kids online. Good lord. Gears players. You know how it is. That skill gap and all. We're used to challenge. We're used to having to time shots, lead shots, master the art of movement and just a stupid amount of mind and meta games. There is a reason Gears will never be mainstream. It's just too hard. Oh and of course the general, ever so infamous Gears bullshit too.

Seriously. It's nearly effortless. Its too easy even without a stacked team. It's so funny.

je_ssi e

I never had a chance to try it in the beta.. but, GOTTDAMM the Stryder is G.O.A.T. I haven't tried the Orge yet, but with the Atlas I'd rather just let it go auto-pilot.

Both campaigns finished.
And, I'll probably never touch them again. Aha.

I like me my capture point gametypes too much.

Rayme

http://youtu.be/zXf3DNSiJKw

This is a video of my Deadzone issue I'm talking about. Again, it doesn't happen in Dead Rising 3.

try toggling "look drift guard" in the control settings.

What rjcc said. If it's not set to "on", try that setting.

We went with a fairly small deadzone on the look stick (for precision), it's possible that yours is a little more loose than most.

See if it bothers you in normal gameplay. Personally I play with the the drift guard turned off entirely, since I'm always actively using the look stick, but that's probably up to personal preference.

Malaussene

Neo Member
So.. just played the militia campaign and the game is absolutely gorgeous and plays a lot better than the beta did (maybe thanks to the new nvidia drivers).
The campaign itself is pretty lame though.

It looks like the leveling is pretty fast and I am wondering.. the generation thing, does it give any "advantage" or is it just a showoff?

dlynch343

Banned
omg yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! got it working ( from Ireland )

omg.png

What rjcc said. If it's not set to "on", try that setting.

We went with a fairly small deadzone on the look stick (for precision), it's possible that yours is a little more loose than most.

See if it bothers you in normal gameplay. Personally I play with the the drift guard turned off entirely, since I'm always actively using the look stick, but that's probably up to personal preference.

Still get the issue, but whatever. I'm always moving. I'll see tomorrow.

dlynch343

Banned
See my post at the end of the linked international store thread. You need to add it to your account via the Xbox.com website not the console. If you already had it attached to your UK account, remove it and then re-add it via the website (whilst your console is still in US location).

I got it working, tbh its not on the xbox site its on the Microsoft account site..

Shadders

In the UK and bought it from US Xbox.com, I downloaded it without issue, but the game won't boot. It goes full-screen Titanfall artwork, but never gets passed that. Any advice?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
All I can offer is a band-aid:
I did the same thing for this that I had to do for AC4. Disabled vsync in game, used the nVidia control panel to enable adaptive vsync and triple filtering for the game. It doesn't get rid of all the tearing and stuttering but it makes it much less noticeable.

I can not stress this enough.

This is what "saved" the game for me. Can't play without V-sync as the framerate is capped at 60 and it looks horrendous, wish it was unlocked. Plus the in-game Vsync makes the game stutter.

Adaptive V-sync plays so well with this game. I have to use a controller pad exclusively though, which is the only downside. I hate V-sync and using a mouse.
Which setting is triple filtering? Triple buffering?

This stutter at 60 frames is killing me.

Eoin

In the UK and bought it from US Xbox.com, I downloaded it without issue, but the game won't boot. It goes full-screen Titanfall artwork, but never gets passed that. Any advice?
Hard reboot the console. That sorted it for me on other games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom