• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gossi

In the UK and bought it from US Xbox.com, I downloaded it without issue, but the game won't boot. It goes full-screen Titanfall artwork, but never gets passed that. Any advice?

I've got that on previous game purchases (not Titanfall). Solution = hold down power button on console for 10 seconds. It will power off. Power back on, it will do a full restart and game will work.

Cse

Banned
What's the point of leveling to 50 if, after 50, you go back to level 1 and lose everything you've unlocked?

monome

Hard reboot the console. That sorted it for me on other games.

I've got that on previous game purchases (not Titanfall). Solution = hold down power button on console for 10 seconds. It will power off. Power back on, it will do a full restart and game will work.

same happened when I played COD and hard reboot sorted it out. try that dude.

I'll be playing the campaing in about 9 hrs. GT : monome

What's the point of leveling to 50 if, after 50, you go back to level 1 and lose everything you've unlocked?

To get a new icon, feel like a bad ass among your online peers, and continue ranking up and unlocking stuff. I personally like having something to work towards, so I appreciate things like prestige and regenerating, simply because it allows me to continue ranking up and unlocking stuff, even if I've already unlocked it several times before.

malfcn

Fourth time the game has completely locked up and crashed to dashboard. Each time it was while I tried broadcasting with Twitch.

Cse

Banned
Fourth time the game has completely locked up and crashed to dashboard. Each time it was while I tried broadcasting with Twitch.

The game just crashed on me as well. Although I wasn't broadcasting.

Screen went black for a few seconds, but I was still getting sound. Then I was back at my desktop.

Second time it has happened tonight.

Hey all, i'm wondering how pc gaf is faring performance wise on titanfall. My gpu is showing its age (570) and my cpu is serviceable (i5 2500k) but my performance last night was bad.

I could keep the game pretty close to a locked 60fps during all training modes, but the minute i got online my framerate tanked to about 40, falling to the low 30s. This was with every setting on high, 2 msaa and 1080p. Lowering everything to medium / low where there isn't an option and removing msaa entirely only saw a slight improvement - about 55 frames indoors and an unstable 45 outside.

Anyone else getting about this kind of performance?

I can't wait to get this. Unfortuneately for me I have to wait a day or two before I can purchase due to an issue with my old credit card. So sad. I should have planned this ahead of time, the date kind of snuck up on me.

Doffen

akjoIOt.png

Looks like Metacritic got bought off by EA :( Can't trust anyone in this corrupt industry...

Shadders

Ok cool, trying that now. Annoyingly, someone else just said to me to delete and redownload TF, so it'll be a little while before I can report back.

Looking round the net it doesn't seem as though other people are sharing my issue, so other folks shouldn't worry. (hopefully)

Caayn

First two matches are done. Love it so far. Not too sure about the matchmaking yet, it dropped me against a team of lvl 10+ while my entire team was lvl 1. Needless to say we got demolished.
Second match was a lot better.

Love the vertical, and fast, movement.
Not to defend either side here but isn't metacritic a score calculated based on all the reviews? Don't see how the site advertising the game could have any effect.
I assume that Doffen is making a joke that there's a certain group that always complains that MS bribes everyone to get good scores/positive attention.

Edit: Beaten ....

Lunzio

There is no point! If I hit 50, which shouldn't be too hard given 4-5 hours has gotten me past 20 already... I won't be "regenerating" because I'll want to play with what I feel works best/is most fun to me. Losing all that after that time is pointless to me.

Caayn

How do I embark an enemy titan? Like how we've seen in the trailers?

God, this is addicting. The evac at the end of a round is genius, same goes for the start of a match. You're not suddenly in a map, you're nicely transported to it. Tiny details that make it feel better.

No glass walls :D

Only annoyance thus far is the screen tearing.

Milennia

these teams, unbelievable.
like the other team was down 2 players and one use on their team farmed my team with a smart pistol...

someone went 1-13 and had 0 ai kills.

i would have left forever ago, but it fucks up the campaign if you do.

RdN

How do I embark an enemy titan? Like how we've seen in the trailers?

God, this is addicting. The evac at the end of a round is genius, same goes for the start of a match. You're not suddenly in a map, you're nicely transported to it. Tiny details that make it feel better.

No glass walls :D

Only annoyance thus far is the screen tearing.

Just jump on top of the titan and the animation will start. Works for both allied and opponents.

Man, I'm glad that other thread exists. It was like a magnet for the drive by posters who have no actual interest in the game.

Can't wait to pick this up today. Standby for longest day of work ever.

ScribbleD

Jesus. I've spent the past several years avoiding Origin like the plague, and I finally decided to buy something that's Origin exclusive. and it's a fucking mess.

Installing from the disc it took roughly 3 hours for the 50gb install, which off the bat doesn't seem right. It finally finishes installing and I launch it: crash. I try launching it twice more: crash crash. So I restart Origin only to find that Titanfall is now greyed out as is the play button. I'm now on my 3rd support agent trying to troubleshoot this.

The status bar at the bottom shows 100%, and when I expand it it says "none-noun complete." So far no support agent has shown any indication that they recognize this message.

I'll be very disappointed if I have to go through all this hassle and I don't at least get a "You will surely get the Karkand" moment from one of these chats.

Hip Hop

^That is really crappy, but to be honest, it should not be a good indicative of Origin. Might be an isolated incident.

I've installed game discs on Steam before and it was pretty much the same experience, that is not to say Steam is garbage.

Hope you get it fixed soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom