• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElRenoRaven

PC version maxed and running smooth. Got tutorial before bed. Xbox One version downloading now. Man it's going to be a long long day for me. Stupid work.

Vitor711

How do I embark an enemy titan? Like how we've seen in the trailers?

God, this is addicting. The evac at the end of a round is genius, same goes for the start of a match. You're not suddenly in a map, you're nicely transported to it. Tiny details that make it feel better.

No glass walls :D

Only annoyance thus far is the screen tearing.

And if someone does it to you, jump out of your Titan and shoot them or have smoke installed and just pop it for an easy kill.

It's super quick to counter, especially when someone knows how to play, at least that was the case in the beta. Fun to do against n00bs but careful trying to do that when going against people who've been playing a while.

Also, don't do it while having a splash damage weapon equipped. Those rapid fire anti-titan rockets may seem like a good idea, but you'll just end up killing yourself....

Hari Seldon

Jesus. I've spent the past several years avoiding Origin like the plague, and I finally decided to buy something that's Origin exclusive. and it's a fucking mess.

Installing from the disc it took roughly 3 hours for the 50gb install, which off the bat doesn't seem right. It finally finishes installing and I launch it: crash. I try launching it twice more: crash crash. So I restart Origin only to find that Titanfall is now greyed out as is the play button. I'm now on my 3rd support agent trying to troubleshoot this.

The status bar at the bottom shows 100%, and when I expand it it says "none-noun complete." So far no support agent has shown any indication that they recognize this message.

I'll be very disappointed if I have to go through all this hassle and I don't at least get a "You will surely get the Karkand" moment from one of these chats.

I purchased the PC box copy just to avoid the huge download but I remember having problems with box copies and origin before. I was hoping they had fixed it by now haha.

GravyButt

Also, don't do it while having a splash damage weapon equipped. Those rapid fire anti-titan rockets may seem like a good idea, but you'll just end up killing yourself....

Cant count the amount of times I did that to myself in the beta.

Also, what does the electric smoke do? Auto kill the hijacker?!

Whoever mentioned adaptive vsync, holy shit this is awesome. Im mad I never knew about this feature in nvidia cards. Thank you. This thread moves to fast and I cant find the one who brought it up.

Hip Hop

Which setting is triple filtering? Triple buffering?

This stutter at 60 frames is killing me.

I basically have in-game V-sync off and using the Adaptive V-sync option from the Nvidia Control Panel. Helps with the erratic framerate hits a bit better. I would also suggest turning down the Anti-Aliasing options down a bit. That seemed to help.

TheOddOne

PC version maxed and running smooth. Got tutorial before bed. Xbox One version downloading now. Man it's going to be a long long day for me. Stupid work.
Trick your mind into thinking that work is fun, see the hours past by like nothing. Go home and trick yourself that Titanfall is work, see minutes feel like hours.

From the teachings of the Odd, p. 24.

Sarobi

Banned
Been downloading the Xbox One version for almost three hours. Now at around 80% it hits me to switch to wired.. I feel incredibly stupid as this should of been done way earlier.

so happy about the ease of setting up a borderless fullscreen window.

now I just need to fiddle with settings and 3rd-party programs to make it run more smoothly :/

::ONE::

Neo Member
Stand By... John XD

tumblr_n29oh5iRXe1tnzutxo1_400.gif

ScribbleD

Ok, solved my "the play button is greyed out for no reason" problem. On to the next problem. Titanfall freezes immediately after the first splash screen. Just hangs on black.

Origin: never again.

Edit: Fun with customer support

you: I fixed the problem on my own
you: now i have a new problem
you: when I load the game up it makes it to the first splash screen
you: and then cuts to black and freezes
Rachit: May I know the issue?
you: I
you: JUST
you: described it

It's been 10 minutes since I sent that last message. No response back from Rachit yet.

neoism

also anyone tried Sweetfx on the pc version.. I have to files in the folder with the titanfall.exe but it doesnt seem to work. :(

gossi

Ok, solved my "the play button is greyed out for no reason" problem. On to the next problem. Titanfall freezes immediately after the first splash screen. Just hangs on black.

In fairness, if the game has launched the problem will be the game or setup, not Origin.

ElRenoRaven

Trick your mind into thinking that work is fun, see the hours past by like nothing. Go home and trick yourself that Titanfall is work, see minutes feel like hours.

From the teachings of the Odd, p. 24.

LMAO. I wish. Work isn't so bad. It's just that today and tomorrow are my long days. Instead of the normal 8 I work 9 and a half hours. Then by the time you include travel home that means I won't be on till about 8pm at the earliest. That gives me about 2 hours before I have to get ready for bed so I can repeat tomorrow. lol

Whooter

Edit: Fun with customer support

It's been 10 minutes since I sent that last message. No response back from Rachit yet.

Maybe he's consulting with Clank?

Unmoses

LMAO. I wish. Work isn't so bad. It's just that today and tomorrow are my long days. Instead of the normal 8 I work 9 and a half hours. Then by the time you include travel home that means I won't be on till about 8pm at the earliest. That gives me about 2 hours before I have to get ready for bed so I can repeat tomorrow. lol

I'm in a similar boat, I haven't even had a chance to fire it up yet on either system (PC for me, xo for the kids).. Today will be long

ScribbleD

In fairness, if the game has launched the problem will be the game or setup, not Origin.

This started with an Origin issue, it's an Origin exclusive game on the PC (as are most EA games these days), and it's Origin/EA I have to go through for support.

Speaking of which, the support guy still hasn't typed a single word since the last update like 20 minutes. No "please hold a moment" or message saying we were disconnected. This is a nightmare.

Caayn

And if someone does it to you, jump out of your Titan and shoot them or have smoke installed and just pop it for an easy kill.

It's super quick to counter, especially when someone knows how to play, at least that was the case in the beta. Fun to do against n00bs but careful trying to do that when going against people who've been playing a while.

Don't expect it to use it against player controlled Titans. But might be effective against auto-Titans.

Must have been jumping wrong, every time I did it I got splattered by the Titan :p Just pulled it of once.

gossi

This started with an Origin issue, it's an Origin exclusive game on the PC (as are most EA games these days), and it's Origin/EA I have to go through for support.

Speaking of which, the support guy still hasn't typed a single word since the last update like 20 minutes. No "please hold a moment" or message saying we were disconnected. This is a nightmare.

Do you have latest drivers? Nvidia had new drivers for Titanfall yesterday.

Can you see any log files for Titanfall?

TheOddOne

Aww, that sucks. At least after that you have some shorter days.

You don't happen to have ambx lights do you? When I have mine setup to work with this game, it crashes.

yatesl

Nuclear Reactor reminds me of Martyrdom in Call of Duty 4.

It'll take a few months for people to realise and get wise to it. Right now if I'm doomed I run in to the middle of 3 titans and eject. Easy kills.

Also, smoke screen is great. I actually want someone to jump on me. That's another free kill.

ScribbleD

Ok, I tried the repair utility in Origin. Admittedly I should have thought to do this right away, and I'm going to look like an idiot if this fixes the problem.

But at some point after starting the repair it's trying to install something that's 8.89mb. It's wavering back and forth between 30 and 31% done, shows no signs of increasing and no download speed, and it decided to start unpacking all 34gb of audio again.

If I wasn't so sleep deprived and annoyed I'd probably find this mysterious misadventure hilarious.

You don't happen to have ambx lights do you? When I have mine setup to work with this game, it crashes.

I don't even know what that is, so I'm assuming no.

shandy706

Damn, working 12 hours today. Good thing I got to play yesterday. Ugh!

Lucky you already played. 10 1/2 hours till I get home from work...ugh.

I asked my wife to get everything installed when it arrives in the mail. After eating when I get home, spending time with the kids, bath time, putting them to bed...I may get 1 hour of gameplay, then bed...before another 12 hours at work tomorrow. (cries)

Nuclear Reactor reminds me of Martyrdom in Call of Duty 4.

It'll take a few months for people to realise and get wise to it. Right now if I'm doomed I run in to the middle of 3 titans and eject. Easy kills.

Also, smoke screen is great. I actually want someone to jump on me. That's another free kill.

Yea smoke screen is beast

hwalker84

Sucks to have slow download speeds. I started my download at 6:35AM and finished around 7:15. My friend started his at 3AM and it finished up around 7AM. FIOS FTW (Until they start throttling everything)

akira28

Don't you get saucy with Rachit.

Hip Hop

So after you "prestige" you earn more XP, allowing you to rank up quicker?

If so, I may just go ahead and take that route. Might as well see an end game to this, so why not.

EDIT: Yeah, that is what it means.

Ragus

Banned
How did you all get so good so fast, my god. In beta I was steamrolling through everything. Now, when I have a 1.0 K/D ratio in a match, I call it a success.

neoism

really disappointed in the kill pilot mode... :( The modes in this game are really disappointing not to mention they're being sooo few of them... I would loove a mode where its just the guns and the pilots..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom