• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

d00d3n

This game is 125$ including the season pass in the Swedish origin store. It is advertised as a special offer that will go away once the game is released officially. The base game is 94$ by itself. Luckily, I was able to get the game and the season pass for 78$ on greenmangaming (using a voucher). EA, why are you exploiting honest buyers who want to get the game hassle-free through your official online store?

DryvBy

really disappointed in the kill pilot mode... :( The modes in this game are really disappointing not to mention they're being sooo few of them... I would loove a mode where its just the guns and the pilots..

This was the one mode I really wanted more than anything else. What is it like? I thought it would just be guns and pilots, no AI or titans.

venne

How did you all get so good so fast, my god. In beta I was steamrolling through everything. Now, when I have a 1.0 K/D ratio in a match, I call it a success.

I'd guess there was more chum to feed on in the beta.

The people playing now are probably the most into the game.

Thorgi

So, are the servers actually holding up? I'm interested in giving it a shot, but only if I know that the online kinks have been (mostly) worked out.

Jito

Banned
Ah, well, instant buyers remorse for me; I can see being bored of this a week from now. Just completed imc campaign . Some of the level designs are surreal but lack of communication and gameplay amounting to nothing but an arena shooter just isn't for me.

Online multiplayer shooter advertised as such is a online multiplayer shooter? Colour me surprised!

Counting down the minutes til I can get back online, still not played all the maps properly after 8 hours!

neoism

This was the one mode I really wanted more than anything else. What is it like? I thought it would just be guns and pilots, no AI or titans.

same as attrition, ai, titan's you may get more for pilots kills or something I was the best on my team ans still really didn't have much fun... Maybe I just played the beta too long :( played 3 games and I was done. Well play again later today...

I want a mode with just a small portion of the map and just 6v6 but it is called titanfall... most of the time there is just too much shit going on the screen lol :p

Marleyman

Banned
Ah, well, instant buyers remorse for me; I can see being bored of this a week from now. Just completed imc campaign . Some of the level designs are surreal but lack of communication and gameplay amounting to nothing but an arena shooter just isn't for me.

You bought an online only shooter knowing it wasn't for you?

tatsuki

fresh2b.gif

Unlocked the Stryder earlier for completing campaign. I see this being my favorite titan even with it having less armor.

Also the intro to Demeter on the IMC side was pretty cool. I still have to play as Militia.

It really feels like the performance is worse than the beta. The screen tearing is quite pervasive. I really hope they can fix it with a future update.

WizzNARD

Downloaded before I went to sleep(xbox), was able to play the training before work, mainly just for the achviment.

This is gonna be a long day between low sleep and anticipation. Can't wait to get home!

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
Woke just after midnight PST and thought, "We'll this must be a sign!" Caved and just bought through the XBone store.

Only a half dozen matches or so in so I'll reserve final judgement but so far I'm loving it. Parkour is liberating. Titan combat is epic and balanced. The grunts DO break up the spawn/die cycle. Really digging the weapons, particularly the Titan options. The vortex shield (?) where you get to suck in incoming projectiles and fire them back is sooo satisfying.

Also it looks fantastic to me but I handed in my graphics whore card long ago so what do I know.

Apologies, as this has probably been asked before, but do I need to run this through a vpn every time I play it or just once to unlock it? I'm in the UK

UGH, the GameStop by my apartment that did a midnight release had a long ass line. Easily over 20 people and that's just what I saw standing outside, I didn't even see how many were in the building. The GameStop guy said there wouldn't be enough for everyone so I said fuck it and left. I'll use my team member + red card discount and get 15% tomorrow when Target opens. 6 and a half LONG hours away...

This is what I did...love my 15% off :D

Not sure if this has been posted, but - if anyone has bought it from SimplyCDKeys, they sent out the keys some time ago. Preloading now, can't wait for it to finish just to activate VPN and hop in!

Well put me into the group of people having graphics trouble. Seems like a lot of the maps not in the beta are a chug fest on my PC. I have a 2GB 550 ti and i5 3470. Even with everything on low and 1280x800 res it can't hit 60 on some of the maps. Didn't have nearly this much trouble with the beta so I'm a bit disappointed and I'm hoping performance can be fixed up with some patches.

I guess on the positive side the Ogre and Stryder titans were both unlocked for me. I didn't have to do the campaigns at all.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh, I ordered this through a third party website back in February because they had 20% pre-order, and my code still hasn't come.

Haines

Banned
I'm DL on Xbox.

Only done 20% in an hr. I have an average 70$ a month 30/3 internet connection.

Why so slow? Canada btw

GetemMa

After spending a few hours with it, I can see why this game will be popular.

It is most definitely COD with some nice mech play and wall running but the biggest reason is that it is just a big give away.

By that I mean it doesn't take much to get a nice high kill count and K/D ratio and feel so good for killing a bunch of bots. It all blends in so seamlessly. You can tell the grunts apart from real players because they act like idiots but I don't think players will even care after a while.

The graphics are basically last gen in 1080p/60fps with AA and Texture Filtering and the art style is a uniform blend of Browns and greys. (I'm on PC obviously)

I kind of wish I had my $60 back.

def sim

I have no idea. I went to pick my titan and all three were just sitting there to be used. Were your beta stats supposed to carry over to the full game? Because none of that did for me.

All three are available for the preset titan classes. You need to unlock them for custom classes.

Ran Ran

I have a code to unlock a mini guide to the game on Prima guides website for preordering through Amazon if anybody wants it.

Not sure exactly what all is in the mini guide but I won't use it.

venne

After spending a few hours with it, I can see why this game will be popular.

It is most definitely COD with some nice mech play and wall running but the biggest reason is that it is just a big give away.

By that I mean it doesn't take much to get a nice high kill count and K/D ratio and feel so good for killing a bunch of bots. It all blends in so seamlessly. You can tell the grunts apart from real players because they act like idiots but I don't think players will even care after a while.

The graphics are basically last gen in 1080p/60fps with AA and Texture Filtering and the art style is a uniform blend of Browns and greys. (I'm on PC obviously)

I kind of wish I had my $60 back.

If you bought it from Origin, I believe you can get a refund.

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
Don't know where the best place to whore for friends is, but add me on the XBL if you're ready for TITANFALL. Name is piratethingy.

I'm not super into people who play without mics tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom