• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oni Jazar

This game is fun but mindless. Not sure how long I will be playing for.

edit: I do want to say that so far Azure seems to be doing a great job handling the server loads. Go azure!

Ji66a-Man

Things Campaign Multiplayer needs:
- Faction select before selecting a map.
- Any sort of display showing which maps you have played and won as each faction.

My friend and I have been constantly entering and exiting lobbies trying to get a campaign match on "Here be Dragons" as Militia, but the game either gives us the right map/wrong faction or right faction/wrong map.

Meccs

Played for 12 hours, had enough. Refund took 5 minutes.

Performance is all over the place while showing a constant 60 fps. Not much variety in guns and unlocks. Nice maps but feel the same mostly (too fast paced to appreciate them). I like the gunplay but there is not enough of it, more players would be nice. 6 players where most likely 3 have titans leaves 3 to shoot your gun at. Not enough imho. Not enough game modes. There are basically two objective modes (Hardpoint and CTF) but no one plays CTF (or at least I could never get a match going) so that leaves one mode for me to play, and while I like that mode that is just not enough.

Will be interesting to see how many will continue playing when the initial adrenaline rush wears off. I might consider rebuying it if they add more stuff in the future. Maps alone are not enough though.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
When I was downloading this off of Origin, I was seeing rates higher than my bandwidth tier allowed. Sometimes it got up to 15 megs/second, and my tier is locked at 4.5 megs/second.

How is that possible? Was the game downloading, then running a local installer, then downloading more?

ElRenoRaven

where is the PC performance thread? im waiting

Runs fine for me. Got in one campaign game this morning before heading out for work. I'm running an X51 with an I5 with a GTX 550 and 8 gigs of ram. I'm running it maxed out too and it's running smooth for me at my monitor's resolution which is 1680x1050

This game is fun but mindless. Not sure how long I will be playing for

Feel the same. This game was my most anticipated game for the year - but now that I'm playing it, I don't know. It's great. It's fun. It's completely apt at a shooter, which, after BF4, is extremely appreciated. But at the same time if feels a little shallow.

I'll be playing it for awhile, but only because there's nothing else that competes with it at the moment. It's been a shitty year for competitive fps, so the bar is low.

JLck

Titanfall Campaign on Xbox One has had me play the same map on the same team doing the same refueling mission (first one) 3 times now.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I'm not a competitive player, but a crazy FPS can be fun. Bearing that in mind, will I get completely creamed playing the PC version using an xbox controller?

Just downloading on PC now - started 20 mins ago, should be done in another 15. Not bad for 49GB (!)

isb

Banned

Performance is all over the place while showing a constant 60 fps. Not much variety in guns and unlocks. Nice maps but feel the same mostly (too fast paced to appreciate them). I like the gunplay but there is not enough of it, more players would be nice. 6 players where most likely 3 have titans leaves 3 to shoot your gun at. Not enough imho. Not enough game modes. There are basically two objective modes (Hardpoint and CTF) but no one plays CTF (or at least I could never get a match going) so that leaves one mode for me to play, and while I like that mode that is just not enough.

Will be interesting to see how many will continue playing when the initial adrenaline rush wears off. I might consider rebuying it if they add more stuff in the future. Maps alone are not enough though.

Wow... lol

b0bbyJ03

Runs fine for me. Got in one campaign game this morning before heading out for work. I'm running an X51 with an I5 with a GTX 550 and 8 gigs of ram. I'm running it maxed out too and it's running smooth for me at my monitor's resolution which is 1680x1050

awesome. I just built my first PC and have been trying to learn as much as possible about settings and performance as I can. Got a GTX 780 and it came defective out of the box (the clock speed was stuck at 324 MHz) so now I have to wait till the new one comes in tomorrow. I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight.

I can't disagree with some of your game design points, but the game has been out for 7hrs whilst you played for 12. I wouldn't judge it until it's been populated if you're having trouble playing game modes. I didn't enjoy much of the game until it had gone officially live, but it allowed me to cut through the early levels which I was happy to do.

I read somewhere that you have them by default, campaign unlocks the custom loadouts for them.

Yes, this is it. Everyone has them... but you only unlock their custom loadouts by completing both campaigns. I "think" the Stryder is for IMC and the Ogre is for Militia... could be wrong.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
When I was downloading this off of Origin, I was seeing rates higher than my bandwidth tier allowed. Sometimes it got up to 15 megs/second, and my tier is locked at 4.5 megs/second.

How is that possible? Was the game downloading, then running a local installer, then downloading more?

I think it might be. My download is showing 20-30MB/s, but my wifi stats are showing quite a bit less than that. Plus I thought its a 20GB download on PC but the downloader shows 49GB. So my guess would be its decompressing as it is downloading

cresto

I bought the Titanfall Xbone bundle so I am looking for people to play with tonight. I'm sure some of my friends list will be on, but I want more. Any takers? Central US here.

GT: Pesky Feller

Follow or add me!

Razdek

Banned

edit: I do want to say that so far Azure seems to be doing a great job handling the server loads. Go azure!

Was just going to ask how the servers was doing and it seems to be good. Hopefully will be able to try it tonight after work.

Boogdud

Some seriously funny stuff here. You are returning a game because you don't know how many people will continue playing it, 7 hours after it's been released... You realize probably over half of the people that bought this haven't played a single match yet? There's knee-jerk, and then there's this.

I mean I understand if you just don't like the game at all. But you're worried about content (in this day and age it's a given that more of this is coming, hell there's a season pass already), and the amount of people playing....

Caayn

Just completed the campaign and I want to replay a level that I lost. But I can't see which levels I've won and which I've lost. Also I can't switch sides. Is it just me or does the game really not support switching sides/choosing levels for the campaign?

That's my biggest concern from the beta. It's also what made my obsession with PvZ: Garden Warfare drop off quickly.

Respawn needs to inject some new, interesting modes in ASAP. There's just not enough game here to sustain people for months on end, let alone replace CoD or BF.

Liked the game much more than I thought I would. If I have any gripes it would probably be over framerate and the map size. Some maps still seem huge given the number of players. Definitely going to keep playing, I'm not a huge fps player but enjoying this one so far.

gossi

There's just not enough game here to sustain people for months on end, let alone replace CoD or BF.

Does it have to replace CoD and/or Battlefield? It's Respawn's first title, at a guess their aim is to get a few million sales and see what's next for them.

Just completed the campaign and I want to replay a level that I lost. But I can't see which levels I've won and which I've lost. Also I can't switch sides. Is it just me or does the game really not support switching sides/choosing levels for the campaign?
I was wondering how they handled that. I guess you're just stuck in whatever they put you in? How do you go about completing both sides... there isn't an option for IMC/Militia is there? I guess you just keep playing matches until you've done them all?

ColEx

The MP campaign would of been better if they had objectives that interact with the story, instead of just standard MP modes while some story is going on in the background.

The campaign is so terrible it made me realise that this game wont last long for me, and so within 5 mins i got a refund from EA, with not messing about.

Does it have to replace CoD and/or Battlefield? It's Respawn's first title, at a guess their aim is to get a few million sales and see what's next for them.

Maybe Respawn's, but I'm sure EA wants to dethrone the king. At any rate, you're right, so let me rephrase. I'm not sure there's enough here to make it one of the great multiplayer mainstays of this gen.

gossi

Maybe Respawn's, but I'm sure EA wants to dethrone the king. At any rate, you're right, so let me rephrase. I'm not sure there's enough here to make it one of the great multiplayer mainstays of this gen.

I agree. But, you know, it's months since this gen began. My prediction: Titanfall 2. And 3. Titanfall: Modern Ghosts 4 etc.

Mr.Green

really disappointed in the kill pilot mode... :( The modes in this game are really disappointing not to mention they're being sooo few of them... I would loove a mode where its just the guns and the pilots..

So you're complaining about a game mode, then say there isn't enough of them and conclude by saying what you really want is simple team deathmatch without the Titans. Am I getting this right?

Plumpman

This game can be great fun.
But so far my time with it has just felt so... soulless?

Not really getting into it like I can some other shooters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom