• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Which takes same install space and I need to insert each time to play. And I'd have to drive 20 min to store to buy.

Its just a joke. 4 he's. What is this the year 2000

Took me half an hour, what is your point? It is obviously going to take longer on slower connections.

Meccs

Some seriously funny stuff here. You are returning a game because you don't know how many people will continue playing it, 7 hours after it's been released... You realize probably over half of the people that bought this haven't played a single match yet? There's knee-jerk, and then there's this.

I mean I understand if you just don't like the game at all. But you're worried about content (in this day and age it's a given that more of this is coming, hell there's a season pass already), and the amount of people playing....

No no no, I worry about the content not if people will continue playing. That is just curiosity.

Caayn

I was wondering how they handled that. I guess you're just stuck in whatever they put you in? How do you go about completing both sides... there isn't an option for IMC/Militia is there? I guess you just keep playing matches until you've done them all?
Seems like it. Horrible decision by Respawn imo. I wanted to get the achievement for winning every level in the campaign with each side. But there's no way that I'm going to replay the campaign a dozen times just to get the right level and right side.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Anyword on websites getting stock from cancelled orders? Currently on the hunt for a collector's editions, preferably xbox one version.

MyvTeddy

Neo Member
fresh2b.gif

Unlocked the Stryder earlier for completing campaign. I see this being my favorite titan even with it having less armor.

Also the intro to Demeter on the IMC side was pretty cool. I still have to play as Militia.

Ragdoll Titan? Do want.

Echo Six

Neo Member
For those of you playing on PC, what are you binding to your mouse3/mouse4/mouse5 buttons? I'm terrible at doing my own bindings, I usually just chuck random stuff on there so I'm wondering what you guys are finding optimal.

Seems like it. Horrible decision by Respawn imo. I wanted to get the achievement for winning every level in the campaign with each side. But there's no way that I'm going to replay the campaign a dozen times just to get the right level and right side.

If you're on a map/side you need to win and you don't feel like your team is going to, couldn't you just drop the match? I'm assuming the game wouldn't give you credit for that match and then you'd have to replay it upon your next continue.

It is indeed a clunky system though.

RS4-

Just complete both missions so you unlock mission select. At least on PC you can do that.

That probably works. I don't know if you can select which side though.

For those of you playing on PC, what are you binding to your mouse3/mouse4/mouse5 buttons?

Mouse 4 and 5 are melee and grenade, which is a standard for me. Mouse wheel up for primary weapon and mouse wheel down for secondary - I've been using that since CS.

Then I typically use my DPI buttons for maps or inventory stuff. Not really needing them yet in Titanfall though.

Right now my problem is that I have Q-spot so ingrained into my head from Battlefield that I'm often triggering my tactical power trying to spot guys. =/

Coconut

Banned
So I'm on PC and why do the AI character essentially do nothing all the time and why would I want to use any burn card that gave me a perk when they are around?

Caayn

Just complete both missions so you unlock mission select. At least on PC you can do that.

That probably works. I don't know if you can select which side though.
Working my way through the other side of the campaign now. Was hoping for that, thanks. Keep getting the first mission with the IMC >.>

Still it remains strange to disabled mission select until you've completed the campaign with both sides.

In the mission select does it show you which mission you've won? Or do I need to write that down myself?

Echo Six

Neo Member
Mouse 4 and 5 are melee and grenade, which is a standard for me. Mouse wheel up for primary weapon and mouse wheel down for secondary - I've been using that since CS.

Then I typically use my DPI buttons for maps or inventory stuff. Not really needing them yet in Titanfall though.

Right now my problem is that I have Q-spot so ingrained into my head from Battlefield that I'm often triggering my tactical power trying to spot guys. =/
Melee sounds good, I'm always fumbling the key for that. Will put grenade on mouse5 as it's a little harder to reach and I don't seem to use them that much (or at least I didn't in the beta). Do you have anything bound to the mousewheel 'click'?

shandy706

That's my biggest concern from the beta. It's also what made my obsession with PvZ: Garden Warfare drop off quickly.

Respawn needs to inject some new, interesting modes in ASAP. There's just not enough game here to sustain people for months on end, let alone replace CoD or BF.

It's launch day. Give them time to get the darn game out, lol.

RS4-

Working my way through the other side of the campaign now. Was hoping for that, thanks. Keep getting the first mission with the IMC >.>

Still it remains strange to disabled mission select until you've completed the campaign with both sides.

In the mission select does it show you which mission you've won? Or do I need to write that down myself?

On PC it doesn't show whether you won or lost, I'll assume that's because there aren't any achievements on it. When you select campaign, it doesn't have an option to resume where you left off?

Z3M0G

So... are people able to follow the campaign story? Is it worth following?

Is there a future to this "Campaign Multiplayer" concept?

cresto

This is a product of the genre being over saturated by COD and BF. There are only so many modes that work and people always want something new. I guess titans and parkour is not enough, even on launch day. I roll my eyes at these comments.

Ok, I tried the repair utility in Origin. Admittedly I should have thought to do this right away, and I'm going to look like an idiot if this fixes the problem.

But at some point after starting the repair it's trying to install something that's 8.89mb. It's wavering back and forth between 30 and 31% done, shows no signs of increasing and no download speed, and it decided to start unpacking all 34gb of audio again.

If I wasn't so sleep deprived and annoyed I'd probably find this mysterious misadventure hilarious.

I don't even know what that is, so I'm assuming no.

Did the repair utility fix it?

Caayn

On PC it doesn't show whether you won or lost, I'll assume that's because there aren't any achievements on it. When you select campaign, it doesn't have an option to resume where you left off?
It does have the option "resume campaign" tried that multiple times, and multiple times it dropped me into a lobby for the first mission. Don't know why.

Edit: Speak of the devil. Finally got a mission other than one that I already played with the IMC.

Those playing on Xbox one... what control scheme are you using? Default, Bumper Jumper etc. Figuring i'll need to re-learn good old halo bumper jumper as this requires so much jumping.

Also: What effect do the impulse triggers have in game? Did Respawn end up using them? I never found a solid answer.

oti

Banned
I've installed the game on my PC but launch here is in two days. Can I just use the swap-trick to start playing today? Will there be consequences? Do we have some official info from Respawn or EA about this?

Cmagus

So... are people able to follow the campaign story? Is it worth following?

Is there a future to this "Campaign Multiplayer" concept?

Very hard to follow imo because there is just too much stuff going on. Honestly this game could do without the campaign it just seems like an inconvenience to unlock two titans. The story is told through the hud windows but for me I can barely focus on any of it and if they are saying something you lose that when you die.

Lunzio

This is a product of the genre being over saturated by COD and BF. There are only so many modes that work and people always want something new. I guess titans and parkour is not enough, even on launch day. I roll my eyes at these comments.

I think it's a rather fair criticism. The game holds so much potential that the handful of modes is a genuine letdown. There's A LOT they could do with the formula but it definitely feels more safe. I'm having a great time with the game but I can definitely see the number of modes being a problem within the near future of consistent play. I personally wish there were more weapons/ordinances/perks as well.

Let's not get crazy. The game is not untouchable and any critique should be reasonably considered rather than rejected. There's a whole ton of fun to be had with the game. It does so many things right. But it is not without fault either.

I personally think the hype behind the game built up way too much expectation. This is a refinement of the genre, not a revolution.

gossi

I've installed the game on my PC but launch here is in two days. Can I just use the swap-trick to start playing today? Will there be consequences? Do we have some official info from Respawn or EA about this?

EA don't care. Just VPN to US to activate.

Falifax

Ha, ran across a bot named "Captain Zampella"

Naming NPCs after devs was one of the things I really liked about the CoD campaigns.

I hate that we live in a world now where we first expect them to ship a complete product, and then wait months for them to turn it into a truly compelling one.

The game's great, im sure. Beta was awesome. Just sounds like it needs more modes, is all. It's the kind of thing that can be patched in, but you'd think they'd have that kind of foresight considering they choose to go online multiplayer only. If you're going that route, you better pack the game with insane amounts of content.

Z3M0G

Very hard to follow imo because there is just too much stuff going on. Honestly this game could do without the campaign it just seems like an inconvenience to unlock two titans. The story is told through the hud windows but for me I can barely focus on any of it and if they are saying something you lose that when you die.

Heard about this... they really should treat this as a bug and fix it.

I played the beta using mouse and keyboard but saw lots of people saying controller was viable on PC. Is this still true? is it better for the wall climbing or something?

Special C

It does have the option "resume campaign" tried that multiple times, and multiple times it dropped me into a lobby for the first mission. Don't know why.

Edit: Speak of the devil. Finally got a mission other than one that I already played with the IMC.

I got lucky and jumped in my first game in IMC campaign with a good team. We played all the way through winning every match. It looks like I have mission select now, but I haven't tried it to see if it lets me pick a side.

I played the beta using mouse and keyboard but saw lots of people saying controller was viable on PC. Is this still true? is it better for the wall climbing or something?

Still true, is a bit easier than mashing space bar to jump on walls.

I played with controller yesterday and didn't notice any diff from beta, feels good.

Those playing on Xbox one... what control scheme are you using? Default, Bumper Jumper etc. Figuring i'll need to re-learn good old halo bumper jumper as this requires so much jumping.

Also: What effect do the impulse triggers have in game? Did Respawn end up using them? I never found a solid answer.

Bumper jumping pilot is the way I think the most hardcore will play. It just gives you more freedom to aim while using the wall running to your advantage.

I don't see any way you'll be competitive in the long run using a controller. Early on, sure, because everyone is kind of a noob, but once people get good, that mouse aiming and speed are gonna be hard to match on a controller.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Just finished a match. The game looks alot clear than the beta on XB1. Do we know what the patch did that released last night?

Ran Ran

So I'm on PC and why do the AI character essentially do nothing all the time and why would I want to use any burn card that gave me a perk when they are around?

They aren't meant to be a threat, they are meant to provide you with an easier way to get points and to rack up kills. They will shoot at you and your titan and kill other AI, but they are canon fodder more than anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom