• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

beanman25

Just deliver already Amazon! Says not until at least 2pm. but I can hope!

Guys, add me on XBL to play some matches once I get it!

BobRichards91

Boogdud

For those of you playing on PC, what are you binding to your mouse3/mouse4/mouse5 buttons? I'm terrible at doing my own bindings, I usually just chuck random stuff on there so I'm wondering what you guys are finding optimal.

I use mouse 3 to call in my titan, mouse 4 for tactical ability and 5 to switch to my anti-titan weapon.

This game is fun as hell. Hectic and fast paced, I really love the art style too. It's definitely no beast in the graphics department but I still think it looks really good. Played for a good 3 hours last night with my bro and we had a fucking blast! It doesn't hurt that we were actually kicking ass left and right too!

Finally played my first two rounds this morning after giving up due to server problems last night on PC. First round I tried the assault guy, second round I tried the scout with the smart pistol...and promptly got bitched at for using "The noob smart pistol." after killing some guy. Less than 20 minutes played total before getting yelled at for a gun choice. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

That smart pistol is pretty fun though. Hits all the right "near future tech" buttons for me.

Izuna

Banned
Played first game after taking ages to other people in the Euro servers. Lost the Handpoint but got the best in class achievement. I think I like Attrition most.

Sushigod7

Finally played my first two rounds this morning after giving up due to server problems last night on PC. First round I tried the assault guy, second round I tried the scout with the smart pistol...and promptly got bitched at for using "The noob smart pistol." after killing some guy. Less than 20 minutes played total before getting yelled at for a gun choice. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

That smart pistol is pretty fun though. Hits all the right "near future tech" buttons for me.

lol one of the reasons I play with no headset

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Played last night for a few hours. Trying to start up this morning and it keeps getting stuck and the splash screen (pilot on titan's arm). This is Xbox One.

I tried turning the system off and on; same thing. Any ideas?

Arg!

oti

Banned
Looked into the VPN trick to unlock the game early... looks like too much work to be honest. I don't think it's worth it so I'll wait. (I hate waiting.)

cresto

I think it's a rather fair criticism. The game holds so much potential that the handful of modes is a genuine letdown. There's A LOT they could do with the formula but it definitely feels more safe. I'm having a great time with the game but I can definitely see the number of modes being a problem within the near future of consistent play. I personally wish there were more weapons/ordinances/perks as well.

Let's not get crazy. The game is not untouchable and any critique should be reasonably considered rather than rejected. There's a whole ton of fun to be had with the game. It does so many things right. But it is not without fault either.

I personally think the hype behind the game built up way too much expectation. This is a refinement of the genre, not a revolution.

I'm not trying to start anything. I am also disappointed with them playing it safe, but it's also there first studio release and there is a lot riding on this. I think the innovation will come with DLC once they have a chance to get the game out there and crunch the numbers. I am more critical of being negative this early on. Most people, myself included, haven't even had the chance to play the game. I think if they want this franchise to prosper, heavily supporting the game after the release will be paramount to its success. This game will have to last a minimum of two years in order to release the next installment. Respawn isn't a juggernaut like COD right now so it can't be annualized yet. (which I like).

Looked into the VPN trick to unlock the game early... looks like too much work to be honest. I don't think it's worth it so I'll wait. (I hate waiting.)

you launch VPN, then Origin, disconnect from VPN and play. How is that hard work? Display driver installations require more effort.

HelloMeow

It looks like most "new" weapons have completely unreasonable downsides.

Either too much spread, low damage, rate of fire or magazine count compared to the carbine and shotgun.

gossi

Played last night for a few hours. Trying to start up this morning and it keeps getting stuck and the splash screen (pilot on titan's arm). This is Xbox One.

Arg!

Hard power off. Hold down power button for ten seconds until power dies. Switch back on. system will take several minutes to boot, then will work.

Bumper jumping pilot is the way I think the most hardcore will play. It just gives you more freedom to aim while using the wall running to your advantage.

That's what i was thinking. Man, i wish all games allowed full controller assignment/rearrangement. I'd love to switch a few things in their presets.

monome

Arg!

hard reboot.

keep the console button power pressed for 10 seconds.

Melee sounds good, I'm always fumbling the key for that. Will put grenade on mouse5 as it's a little harder to reach and I don't seem to use them that much (or at least I didn't in the beta). Do you have anything bound to the mousewheel 'click'?

Melee and nades are two actions you want to be able to perform without sacrificing WASD movement, so they work great on the mouse. Especially in a game this fast-paced.

Mouse 3 I left standard. I forget what the game has it as. Although Mouse 3 isn't exactly my favorite button as there's always the chance, in the heat of battle, that I will accidentally roll the wheel and switch weapons.

Delt31

couple questions

i now see search drones on the map - maybe a campaign thing only?

For some reason when I eject I'm just jumping out of the titan and not shooting up in the air. I don't use the auto eject but didn't in beta and still was able to fly up. whats going on?
EDIT - I was holding x not pressing. thats why

isb

Banned
I've installed the game on my PC but launch here is in two days. Can I just use the swap-trick to start playing today? Will there be consequences? Do we have some official info from Respawn or EA about this?

I basically unlock every game on steam and origin early with VPN, never heard a word about it.

Vitor711

Cant count the amount of times I did that to myself in the beta.

Also, what does the electric smoke do? Auto kill the hijacker?!

Not straight away but it will rapidly kill them if they stick around. They have enough time to get the heck out of there if they're smart. That being said, it's the easiest counter to that tactic.

It was also the best anti-titan weapon in the beta. Wait for enemies to reload, charge in, pop smoke, watch their titan fry. Charge back out and shoot the smoke cloud with the rifle. I won every Last Titan Standing game with that tactic.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
The campaign mode seems pretty awful. I played 5 or 6 of the militia campaigns last night and it was all Attrition with one hardpoint map. The story was completely incomprehensible and paying attention to the dialogue during a multiplayer match is a pretty difficult thing to do. Its kind of clever how they convey the entire thing through what you see outside the window of your space ship.. but wow its a damn turd.

Luckily the game itself and the maps are amazing. There was a match on Colony that started out kinda quiet and then you encounter like two dozen spectres and all hell breaks loose. Boneyard was insanely fun as well, the ziplines were a ton of fun.

tkalamba

Not straight away but it will rapidly kill them if they stick around. They have enough time to get the heck out of there if they're smart. That being said, it's the easiest counter to that tactic.

It was also the best anti-titan weapon in the beta. Wait for enemies to reload, charge in, pop smoke, watch their titan fry. Charge back out and shoot the smoke cloud with the rifle. I won every Last Titan Standing game with that tactic.

It did quite a bit of damage to enemy titans too. During Beta in Last Titan standing, I'd charge into the enemy with my titan and pop the smoke, between the smoke damage, and me going nuclear, I'd be able to mop up 2 or 3 titans at the cost of my own.

I once managed 4 titans with this.

RS4-

Giving out damage seem strange sometimes. I could be fuckin a guy up hardcore, and then suddenly he barely hits me and I'm down.

So do I. Pretty map though.

GGs last night and yeah there's some weird issues with random lag, rubber banding or something. It's like the stupid shit in cod and bf. Half a clip into someone or 2 shotgun hits in the back, get all the hit markers, but they turn around and down you in a shot.

Had a satchel bounce off a guy last night and I'm the one that does in the blast. Wtf.

Put about 5 hours into the PC version, I have a 660 Ti, and so far it's been running pretty much at 60. I have noticed that FPS is pretty bad on Lagoon though. Anyone else having that issue?

Cse

Banned
My issue with the game thus far is that half the time, I can find any real players.

When I do consistently find players, I fare somewhat well - however, it seems in every other game I'll wander around the map, trying to find the fight.

Rizsparky

For those of you playing on PC, what are you binding to your mouse3/mouse4/mouse5 buttons? I'm terrible at doing my own bindings, I usually just chuck random stuff on there so I'm wondering what you guys are finding optimal.

Mouse 3 is my melee button
Mouse 4 is Reload
Mouse 5 is Anti-Titan switch

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Holy shit had an amazing round of last titan standing, we kicked ass 3-0 then they just renewed managed to claw to 3-3 we had 1 titan they had 3 on the last, and we just managed to win, closest match ever.

Cse

Banned
This game can be great fun.
But so far my time with it has just felt so... soulless?

Not really getting into it like I can some other shooters.

Wow, I agree. The Titans really don't do anything for me.

The only FPS I seem to be passionate about anymore is CS:GO.

GGs last night and yeah there's some weird issues with random lag, rubber banding or something. It's like the stupid shit in cod and bf. Half a clip into someone or 2 shotgun hits in the back, get all the hit markers, but they turn around and down you in a shot.

Had a satchel bounce off a guy last night and I'm the one that does in the blast. Wtf.

Oh crap... this is the very reason i put away both Ghosts and BF4! I cannot stand the random hitbox being off / lag / rubber banding thing that seems to be happening in all FPSs lately.

Is it that bad.... or does it just happen on rare occasions? The latter i'm totally cool with.

Boy.. looks like some of the hardcore are up to the usual stuff with user scores on TF. Ya.. the people playing it think the game is a 5 out of 10.

Right. http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-one/titanfall/user-reviews?dist=negative

An actual review I just read:

keleus said:
"This game sucks because ps4, I mean seriously not even 4k wtf..., Its copying cod so hardcore i mean its an fps seriously. My mom said i can only buy ps4 games from now on."

Bravo!

By the way, off topic, but I think it's time I upgrade to a good mouse. I'm looking at the g602 right now, any impressions guys? Or should I pay extra to get to the G700s? I've really no clue when it comes to good mice.

Lunzio

I'm not trying to start anything. I am also disappointed with them playing it safe, but it's also there first studio release and there is a lot riding on this. I think the innovation will come with DLC once they have a chance to get the game out there and crunch the numbers. I am more critical of being negative this early on. Most people, myself included, haven't even had the chance to play the game. I think if they want this franchise to prosper, heavily supporting the game after the release will be paramount to its success. This game will have to last a minimum of two years in order to release the next installment. Respawn isn't a juggernaut like COD right now so it can't be annualized yet. (which I like).

I absolutely agree that negativity is something that should not be welcome, but I do think there's a difference between negativity and criticism - they're certainly not the same!

I truly think that the media hype will actually hurt the game though. It's totally fun. It's pretty rad. It's just not something that I personally see as a COD killer (and I'm talking in the more commercial sense). Surely the most thorough FPS gaming enthusiasts will pick this up, but those on the much larger periphery... I'm not so sure.

Has anyone played this on a Mac? I have an early 2013 iMac with Windows 7 and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB GDDR5--would there be any compatibility issues? New to PC gaming since I installed boot camp a month ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom