• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gooface

Banned
pretty enjoyable game stable 60 fps other than a few random hiccups on my GTX 780 maxed out. Plays really good on my GTX 765m too. (45-60fps)

Rizsparky

Has anyone played this on a Mac? I have an early 2013 iMac with Windows 7 and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB GDDR5--would there be any compatibility issues? New to PC gaming since I installed boot camp a month ago.

There shoudnt be any issues, and the 680mx will blaze through Titanfall.

Bumper jumping pilot is the way I think the most hardcore will play. It just gives you more freedom to aim while using the wall running to your advantage.
Yup, bumper jumper pilot is the only correct scheme if you want to play it properly. Get used to jumping with left bumper unless you want to stay on the ground most of the time.

Anirask

Neo Member
My experience so far - Bought the digital download off the Xbox One. Downloaded and installed within 60-90 minutes and played the entire IMC campaign without so much as a server hiccup.

The real test now will be primetime tonight. Let's see how that goes.

cresto

I absolutely agree that negativity is something that should not be welcome, but I do think there's a difference between negativity and criticism - they're certainly not the same!

I truly think that the media hype will actually hurt the game though. It's totally fun. It's pretty rad. It's just not something that I personally see as a COD killer (and I'm talking in the more commercial sense). Surely the most thorough FPS gaming enthusiasts will pick this up, but those on the much larger periphery... I'm not so sure.

Based on what I have seen, I do think that the gaming media took it a little far. They got my blood pumping with what they were saying back around E3. I don't think any of their mentalities were sound and I agree that it could hurt the game. I was definitely disappointed by the player cap and addition of bots. I understand that gives more casual and less experienced FPS gamers the equal opportunity to enjoy the game on a more level playing field, but I think it hurts the potential for competitive gaming. There is no way that having bots on the map will get this in MLG or any pro gaming circuit. Time will only tell, but the lack of support for that will hurt the longevity.

Only time will tell where Titanfall sits within the FPS genre. I certainly hope the xbox one will have more original ideas going forward, but who knows.

Maybe something like Destiny will be what shifts the genre to something more interesting.

I am still in disbelief at just how incredibly fucking GENERIC the game modes are in this game. Even the campaign is just a series of TDM (Attrition) and DOM (Hardpoint) matches! The only modes that are remotely interesting are CTF and Last Titan Standing, but even those are more or less TDM variants.

It's like they went balls-out with the badass Titans and parkour mechanics that, with the exception of Brink, are completely unrivaled -- then when it came to the game modes, they played it safe to a ridiculous degree.

How do you lay the foundation for a MOBA-like shooter with a handful of players per team and A.I. "creeps," yet have no interesting MOBA-like modes? Talk about a massive missed opportunity. They could have done something fresh, something we hadn't ever seen before, but instead they copy--pasted Call of Duty's suite of modes which were all done countless times by "competitive shooters" in the 90s.

There aren't even any objective-based modes aside from perhaps CTF (which may or may not fit your description of one)!

RS4-

I wish the handled burn cards better. You have to constantly manage your deck, and if you're full up when you reach xx level that grants you a pack of rares, they're gone.

Should give us the option of replacing cards if we're full or...you know, have a bigger deck.

Some maps are far too big. I think 8v8 would've been a good balance.

ObiDin

I bought the Titanfall Xbone bundle so I am looking for people to play with tonight. I'm sure some of my friends list will be on, but I want more. Any takers? Central US here.

GT: Pesky Feller

Follow or add me!

Picking up my bundle after work. Should be on tonight.

GT: ObiDin

Nydius

I wish the handled burn cards better. You have to constantly manage your deck, and if you're full up when you reach xx level that grants you a pack of rares, they're gone.

Should give us the option of replacing cards if we're full or...you know, have a bigger deck.

Completely agreed. I've reached a point where I just burn cards as often as possible, unless they're rare. I outright discard the ones that convert the Spectres to friendlies because the Spectres are ridiculously stupid. I watched a pack of them walk into a wall. Repeatedly.

Caayn

Yeah, the 'campaign' is pretty bad. Sky boxes give Bungie a run for their money though, holy shit.
The massive creatures in the sky boxes are epic. I expected them to be big, but no THAT big. I can only dream of what Bungie will do with the skyboxes once they unleash Destiny upon the world.

dab0ne

I was just wondering if anyone got the CE and could give me some details on the statue. What's it made of, does it feel cheap, roughly how much does it weigh? Or if some one knows of a good unboxing video from a customer who reviewed it I would appreciate it very much. Thanks

Chitown B

Yeah it was done BC I have 3 systems and a PC in room so was just using wire for PC but now I know to switch it

I just assumed things had gotten better

completely based upon the quality of your router connection. Internet speed is not fast enough to be a factor.

hawk2025

Man alive, the framerate issue on the Xbox One are simply awful and pervasive in every single map I've played so far. A few of them are even much worse than the Beta maps.

Having my first impression of the full game this morning be the awful "campaign" and noticing big framerate and tearing issues is not a good first impression.

I hope a patch comes sooner rather than later.

GravyButt

I was bumbling around like an idiot last night. I need to get used to it..it's so different from anything I've played before.

Agreed. Although ive been doing the sneaky hang on stuff past few games and it works out well.

Also, wtf is up with all the camping?!?!

Man alive, the framerate issue on the Xbox One are simply awful and pervasive in every single map I've played so far. A few of them are even much worse than the Beta maps.

Having my first impression of the full game this morning be the awful "campaign" and noticing big framerate and tearing issues is not a good first impression.

I hope a patch comes sooner rather than later.

I only played three maps last night, but had none of these issues. Are there certain maps that are much worse than others?

Boy.. looks like some of the hardcore are up to the usual stuff with user scores on TF. Ya.. the people playing it think the game is a 5 out of 10.

Right. http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-one/titanfall/user-reviews?dist=negative

That's Metacritic for you. Notice the lack of "mixed" reviews. People either rate it super high (green) or super low (red).

Metacritic needs to either go with a thumbs up/thumbs down system or do away with a "user average" all together to try and stop this B.S.

All that being said, ironically the current user average, which is actually closer to 6/10, seems like a more accurate score than the near-9/10 average from critics.

I am still in disbelief at just how incredibly fucking GENERIC the game modes are in this game. Even the campaign is just a series of TDM (Attrition) and DOM (Hardpoint) matches! The only modes that are remotely interesting are CTF and Last Titan Standing, but even those are more or less TDM variants.

It's like they went balls-out with the badass Titans and parkour mechanics that, with the exception of Brink, are completely unrivaled -- then when it came to the game modes, they played it safe to a ridiculous degree.

How do you lay the foundation for a MOBA-like shooter with a handful of players per team and A.I. "creeps," yet have no interesting MOBA-like modes? Talk about a massive missed opportunity. They could have done something fresh, something we hadn't ever seen before, but instead they copy--pasted Call of Duty's suite of modes which were all done countless times by "competitive shooters" in the 90s.

There aren't even any objective-based modes aside from perhaps CTF (which may or may not fit your description of one)!

My hope is that they eventually release a proper campaign and some new modes -the barebones approach in these areas is somewhat irritating in a $60 game. The fact that they lock the other two titans behind the lackluster campaign is baffling. The "it's a small team" argument doesn't really fly when both EA and MS were heavily involved with this game. Maybe they were still finding their footing as a new studio, who knows.

No this is not a hate post, I still think the game is fun and the on foot movement brings something unique to the fps genre. There are irritations - the smart pistol - but the core MP experience is solid if somewhat basic. Is it the next big thing? No, but Titanfall 2 might be.

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
Maybe it's because I'm not super-hardcore about competitive shooters anymore but I'm just having the best time with Titanfall. So much fun.

zewone

Checking my tracking and seeing this is a thing of beauty:

XpFwBfx.png

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Whoa the three towers map was also awesome. This game has the best maps.

hawk2025

I only played three maps last night, but had none of these issues. Are there certain maps that are much worse than others?

I played through the first six maps of the campaign -- every single one had framerate issues, but especially the one with the big space station in the sky and the tall hangar (haven't memorized the names yet).

I played through the first six maps of the campaign -- every single one had framerate issues, but especially the one with the big space station in the sky and the tall hangar (haven't memorized the names yet).

I didn't play campaign mode, so maybe the maps I played weren't in campaign.

legacyzero

Banned
Honestly, I can't say anthing bad about this game's graphics. Sure, it's no Crysis, or BF4 graphically, and it's textures in some places could have used some more attention. But overall, great performance, and it looks really good artistically, and passable graphics-wise. I'm talking the PC version, of course.

-2GB 670 GPU
-8GB ram

I'm playing at 1440p at 60. There are some FPS dips here and there when shit gets crazy, but if I were to drop it down to 1080p, then I'm sure I wont have that issue.

Titanfall further proves that that OTHER shooter franchise is on it's death bed. Zampella and crew have proven that they can not only make a decent shooter, but make one that plays phenomenally. I have fallen for this game, because of it's flexible charm. It doesn't re-invent the shooter wheel, but what it does is systematically break down everything you're used to with shooters all of last gen, and made them obsolete. It loses those small, crampy, symmetrical, flat, hallway maps and adds a level of diversity that hardly any multiplayer shooter has accomplished in my recent memory. I kept saying that I was sick of shooters, and I'm not the only one. But that's because we've seemingly been playing the SAME shooter more or less for the past 6 or so years. Titanfall is the exception. Sure, at it's core, it's a shooter. But everything else that's been thrown into the mix is refreshing and much needed in this genre. We've been sick of shooters because none of them, lately, have attempted to raise the bar. I believe that Titanfall has raised said bar, to the point of being mimic'd for the coming years.

"Single Player" is really weak, and has almost no context to it, but what IS there, is ok I suppose...

Yes, this game is worth the hype it generated. I look forward to playing it regularly, because it actually ALLOWS you to have fun. Lack of competent single player aside, there is enough here to warrant a purchase, because of the longevity that it potentially has.

Argonomic

This is a known issue and will definitely be addressed. Thanks.

Jrs3000

I didn't have issues except for on the bone yard stage and the base stage but even then it wasn't a severe dip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom