• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawk2025

This is a known issue and will definitely be addressed. Thanks.

While we have your attention, I know that this is something hard to answer -- but can I expect a significant improvement on framerate issues in a reasonable time frame?

For those quoting me -- as I had mentioned in the original post, I'm talking about the Xbox One version.

legacyzero

Banned
It's so nice that we have RESPAWN people hanging out on GAF. Hey ya'll!

iuyNR9WHrKgnE.gif

One question for me who's stuck at work - Can you customize the appearance of your pilot/titan? It wasn't in the beta, and I'm curious if you can change armor, visors, helmets, gun skins, etc. That would add a lot of depth for me as I really enjoy that in many games, especially sci-fi.

One question for me who's stuck at work - Can you customize the appearance of your pilot/titan? It wasn't in the beta, and I'm curious if you can change armor, visors, helmets, gun skins, etc. That would add a lot of depth for me as I really enjoy that in many games, especially sci-fi.
Nope. Gender only.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
The music is really good. I just played the Demeter mission. So freaking epic, I hope it's available in normal multiplayer.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
God dammit, of course we have the nicest day of the year the day Titanfall is released.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
So I'm thinking about snagging this on the PC but while I'm very sure the game will run I have no idea how well it will run on my lenovo ideapad Y510p.

I've got an i7-4700MQ 2.40GHz
8gigs of RAM
and a NVIDIA GeForce GT755M which I think is 2GB VRAM?

The display is only 1366x768 so you guys think I'll be able to eek out 60 fps stable?

Milennia

Normally my hype deflates when i actually play the games I'm hyped for, it didn't happen with this game.
When i get back on within the next few hours, after my break, i will stream again.

Currently level 37 and a half, got the game at midnight.

I don't get the complaints about this game's graphics tbh.
It looks really, really good most of the time.

Some great lighting and animations. Maps are large and detailed, draw distance is huge, background scenes are gorgeous.

I love the intro scenes flying into the battle.
There was one section in the campaign that starts on a space station and you take a drop pod down onto the planet, it looked fantastic.

My two biggest complaints with the game:

The screen tearing and the lack of guns. It would also be nice if the guns had skins.
Yeah, I wish there more guns.
I have a feeling they'll add more over time.

I don't get the complaints about this game's graphics tbh.
It looks really, really good most of the time.

Some great lighting and animations. Maps are large and detailed, draw distance is huge, background scenes are gorgeous.

I love the intro scenes flying into the battle.
There was one section in the campaign that starts on a space station and you take a drop pod down onto the planet, it looked fantastic.

Yeah, I wish there more guns.
I have a feeling they'll add more over time.

How many guns are there?

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
How are you PC guys using the controller holding up?

I absolutely hate playing anything hunched over my PC these days.

I mainly play online FPS on consoles (CoD, Battlefield, etc). I gave up on M/KB PC online around midway through the 360 generation.

I played about 5 hours last night using M/KB and did fairly well, then put 2 hours into controller only and did terribly. I really want to play this game using a controller, but I just don't think it's worth it. I think the worst part is that when using the controller, it slows down your sensitivity while in a titan. On M/KB, you can turn those things around instantly.

No game woulda been better off had they focused more energy into different game types / features... like private matches lol.

With the effort put into this "campaign", not much likely would have gotten added. The campaign is a joke to tick a box off or to try to appease those complaining about no SP

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
I only played three maps last night, but had none of these issues. Are there certain maps that are much worse than others?

I definitely notice tearing and framerate drops in multi-titan battles on basically every map.

hawk2025

Hell I wish there wasn't a campaign multiplayer at all.

They could have added a few rare, random events with a small probability to regular multiplayer matches to keep things varied and interesting. Would have been a cool change of pace that would appear as you played the game naturally instead of what we have right now.

Ah well, can't complain too much. It's obviously a tiny sliver of what makes the game great.

Was going to cancel my Titanfall xbox one bundle when I went to pick up Dark Souls 2 today but went ahead and bought it anyway. My God is this game fun. Haven't had this much fun in an mp game since BF 1942 or maybe Call of Duty 4.

How are you PC guys using the controller holding up?

I absolutely hate playing anything hunched over my PC these days.

I mainly play online FPS on consoles (CoD, Battlefield, etc). I gave up on M/KB PC online around midway through the 360 generation.

I played about 5 hours last night using M/KB and did fairly well, then put 2 hours into controller only and did terribly. I really want to play this game using a controller, but I just don't think it's worth it. I think the worst part is that when using the controller, it slows down your sensitivity while in a titan. On M/KB, you can turn those things around instantly.

Then get an xbox one...

Milennia

So.
For some reason, i don't get pissed when i die in this game, like at all.
I come from battlefield, i don't know what being killed due to my own mistake feels like.
I can usually blame it on netcode and get pissed.

Played for 12 hours, had enough. Refund took 5 minutes.

Performance is all over the place while showing a constant 60 fps. Not much variety in guns and unlocks. Nice maps but feel the same mostly (too fast paced to appreciate them). I like the gunplay but there is not enough of it, more players would be nice. 6 players where most likely 3 have titans leaves 3 to shoot your gun at. Not enough imho. Not enough game modes. There are basically two objective modes (Hardpoint and CTF) but no one plays CTF (or at least I could never get a match going) so that leaves one mode for me to play, and while I like that mode that is just not enough.

Will be interesting to see how many will continue playing when the initial adrenaline rush wears off. I might consider rebuying it if they add more stuff in the future. Maps alone are not enough though.

You played the game for 12 hours and still ask for a refund? Wow. Some games aren't even 12 hours. Have you no honor?

SegaShack

It's not bad. It runs around PC High settings by looks of it, sans Vsync (there's tearing). FPS is usually 60, however it drops to in the high 40s with lots of Titans of screen. If you broadcast with Twitch you take a fps hit.

Are you sure about this, if so it's disappointing. I thought Twitch runs with the 3GB of system RAM and doesn't affect the game you play?

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
The map at the Hammond industries place with the Titan statue and those wild looking round buildings integrated into the cliffs is so badass.
In fact, so far every map I've played has been really impressive.

Grisby

Er, finished the imc side. That was pretty terrible.

The game part is lovely though. Everything is so fast. I love setting my Titan to follow as I'm getting kills even when I die.
Clinging to the wall while someone is chasing you and getting the surprise drop on them is the most satisfying thing ever.
I dunno. I enjoy ejecting from a Titan and landing on an enemy Titan and taking it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom