• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gossi

Are you sure about this, if so it's disappointing. I thought Twitch runs with the 3GB of system RAM and doesn't affect the game you play?

Yes. I measured. Twitch runs on CPU too. (Note: effect is small, you can also get it by snapping many of the other Apps in, e.g. Xbox Music)

Lunzio

I wish the handled burn cards better. You have to constantly manage your deck, and if you're full up when you reach xx level that grants you a pack of rares, they're gone.

Should give us the option of replacing cards if we're full or...you know, have a bigger deck.

Some maps are far too big. I think 8v8 would've been a good balance.

Things I would like to see in future updates!

-Ways to unlock a larger card deck
-Voting on maps (Level 30 and I haven't played on lagoon yet)
-Better team balance (maybe it's a launch thing? I've been in plenty of matches that start 4 v 6)
-More modes?! (maybe include a larger team battle mode?)
-(Save this for Titanfall 2?) More (read: unusual) weapons, perks, ordinances, etc

Milennia

So it takes up some of your network (which is to be expected), but does the game itself run poorly with Twitch or is it just connection lag from using Twitch?

What I'm saying is, it was both.
I dropped the quality enough to the point where bandwidth wasn't the issue.
I was still getting jutter.

For pilots there are 10 primary, 4 anti-titan, 3 sidearms.
There are 6 Titan weapons.

Then there is a bunch of ordnance, abilities, perks, etc.

Oy that is quite low...

Halo 4's by comparison (similar because each weapon is 'unique')
- 19 regular weapons (including 3 pistols)
- 7 explosive/laser weapons
- 3 grenades

Granted, you can customize weapons in titanfall with silencers, etc, but I would love to see more. That's a bit disappointing.

Lulubop

Oy that is quite low...

- 3 grenades

Granted, you can customize weapons in titanfall with silencers, etc, but I would love to see more. That's a bit disappointing.

It is pretty low, probably my biggest compliant.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Thats like basically only Halo though. Halo is the one series that actually has hella weapons.

Jito

Banned
Oy that is quite low...

- 3 grenades

Definitely a good thing. Halo 4s weapons count is a poor example as they added a lot of pointless weapons (all the promethean weapons) and the game was poorly balanced for months after launch.

Coconut

Banned
Can someone currently explain what the story is in Titanfall. Because when they were first talking about the game it seemed like there would be a story focus in the campaign mode but instead it feels like they are giving names to the people with the blue visors and that's it.

shandy706

You have got to be kidding me!

Just checked with UPS and Microsoft Store and they shipped my regular edition copy to Colorado by "accident". Saying it should arrive tomorrow and they're sorry.

How does that happen? I'm going to get my free $10 gift card and make them refund me. Have to see if I can pick up a copy after work.

(Grumble)

Edit* it went from PA to Kentucky to Colorado.

I live in South Carolina. Derp

SegaShack

Yes. I measured. Twitch runs on CPU too. (Note: effect is small, you can also get it by snapping many of the other Apps in, e.g. Xbox Music)

What I'm saying is, it was both.
I dropped the quality enough to the point where bandwidth wasn't the issue.
I was still getting jutter.

Thanks, that is disappointing for sure. I was hoping Twitch had no affect on games since I thought some of the CPU, Graphics Card, and RAM were reserved for things like this but I guess Twitch is more memory intensive than one would think. Is this the same on PS4?

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I must be close to the west coast data center my ping on the menu screen is usually 18, in game its usually in the 30s though.

Coconut

Banned
Definitely a good thing. Halo 4s weapons count is a poor example as they added a lot of pointless weapons (all the promethean weapons) and the game was poorly balanced for months after launch.

All the new guns were reskins on human weapons.

bedlamite

The gunplay in this game is...alright I guess. Played about 3-4 matches and I wish the weapons packed more of an audio punch

The verticality/ traversal options though, hoo boy. FANTASTIC.

Not that I particularly mind - not all shooters need the endless carrot on a stick gun/attachment collection grind - but I am curious if Titanfall's relatively small arsenal will keep hold of players coming to it from Call of Duty who enjoy that sort of thing.

cresto

-Better team balance (maybe it's a launch thing? I've been in plenty of matches that start 4 v 6)
-(Save this for Titanfall 2?) More (read: unusual) weapons, perks, ordinances, etc

I think a BTB game type would be awesome. I think they should have done a 12v12 with a max of 6 titans per team. I don't get why other than they wanted everyone to have the opportunity to drop in a titan. Maybe you only get a max of 2 titan drops or something like that.

Bsigg12

Not that I particularly mind - not all shooters need the endless carrot on a stick gun/attachment collection grind - but I am curious if Titanfall's relatively small arsenal will keep hold of players coming to it from Call of Duty who enjoy that sort of thing.

Honestly I think most people in call of duty unlock 2-3 guns and then never use anything else. You'll get some people playing with other guns but for the most part it seems the people who play it the most find the 3 most accurate and powerful weapons and just stick with them.

Nydius

Along with your team balance point, periodic team shuffling would be nice. Right now, if you don't leave and rejoin another game, you end up sticking with the same team, match after match after match. Regardless of whether your team is dominating or are the ones being dominated, that gets old fast. Having to drop all the way back out and relaunch to fix it kinda sucks.

Honestly I think most people in call of duty unlock 2-3 guns and then never use anything else. You'll get some people playing with other guns but for the most part it seems the people who play it the most find the 3 most accurate and powerful weapons and just stick with them.

This. I actually credit Respawn for shying away from the "10 assault rifles that are pretty much the same damn thing" model of weaponry. A few distinct weapons, each with easily noticeable pros and cons is best in my opinion. However there are some people that get off on the unlocks of 300 weapons... the carrot metaphor again.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
The approach to Demeter is pretty BA in the campaign, for both sides.
On the militia side the little vignette with Titan charging into battle was very cool. And then it just transitioned right into the match. Made me think about how destiny supposedly seques between battles and matches.

HoodWinked

How are you PC guys using the controller holding up?

I absolutely hate playing anything hunched over my PC these days.

I mainly play online FPS on consoles (CoD, Battlefield, etc). I gave up on M/KB PC online around midway through the 360 generation.

I played about 5 hours last night using M/KB and did fairly well, then put 2 hours into controller only and did terribly. I really want to play this game using a controller, but I just don't think it's worth it. I think the worst part is that when using the controller, it slows down your sensitivity while in a titan. On M/KB, you can turn those things around instantly.

i do fine with controller. you'll eventually get used to it.

manhack

It's basically just MP...not even sure the point of it tbh

Agreed, the Campaign stuff is just confusing. You can't choose a side. There is no visual clue as to how far you are in the Campaign for the achievements (might need to look through the menus).

It just doesn't seem to add any value.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Er, finished the imc side. That was pretty terrible.

The game part is lovely though. Everything is so fast. I love setting my Titan to follow as I'm getting kills even when I die.

I dunno. I enjoy ejecting from a Titan and landing on an enemy Titan and taking it out.

Is there a quick way to kill a titan when riding it, or just using your normal weapon? Always seems like me killing a titan like that takes ages, but if someone is riding me I die quickly

Just finished the 'campaign' on the IMC side too. Bit silly to even call it a campaign, but at least it shows you the different maps and game modes (although pretty much only attrition and domination)

Art1mus

Neo Member
For all the guys playing this on a PC. Do you think it works well with a controller? I mean will you be competitive against mouse/kb players?

For all the guys playing this on a PC. Do you think it works well with a controller? I mean will you be competitive against mouse/kb players?
I have been switching between both. I am doing just fine. I would say yes. Switch to bumper jumper and raise that sensitivity up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom