• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nydius

My second campaign restarted for some reason -_-

The way it works is pretty silly. I ran into this yesterday:

If you back out and then come back later, it looks to see if there are enough people around on that step of the campaign. If not, it expands its search to earlier campaign "chapters". I got knocked back 3 chapters in the Militia campaign after taking a break.

I don't like the whole Burn Card thing - I'd rather they be permanent/optional perks, rather than 1-use things.

I haven't even used one yet.

Other than that, I really love the game on PC.

Drake

Other then a hiccup right at midnight last night I've had no trouble getting into games. Nice job by Respawn.

ultron87

Is there a quick way to kill a titan when riding it, or just using your normal weapon? Always seems like me killing a titan like that takes ages, but if someone is riding me I die quickly

One thing that seemed effective in the beta when rodeo-ing was emptying your primary weapon into it and then switching to your secondary to finish it off. The reload on the primary just seems like it takes way too long.

FStop7

Banned
So far I like the on-foot stuff a lot more than the titan stuff. I like the free running, the weapons, the few maps I've played on, etc.

The titans are walking targets and playing as one is kind of not fun.

But I really do like the on foot stuff quite a bit! It scratches an itch that Halo 4 failed to.

It's just weird that this game is called Titanfall and the titans are at the core of it and yet they are, IMO, the worst part of the game.

Frostburn

Played a few missions of the Campaign, really enjoying the play style and change of pace differences between Pilot and Titan modes. I love the maps so far and the vertical of them all, I feel much less restricted and that corridor shooter syndrome isn't present which was my biggest hangup with the COD games (I'm more of a fan of Battlefield myself). Didn't get to play long since I was on my lunch break but I can't wait to play some more tonight!

*Played on i5-2500k OC'd to 4.2GHz, 8GB DDR3, GTX770 @ 1920x1200 all settings on max.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I've already said it before, but triple threat is really reallllly good at clearing points out on hard domination, or just killing people in buildings in general.

Special C

Anyone know how to choose what side you play in campaign after u beat them both. I've unlocked stage select but it makes me IMC every time. I need to beat some levels as militia for the achievement.

Frostburn

snip

The titans are walking targets and playing as one is kind of not fun.

But I really do like the on foot stuff quite a bit! It scratches an itch that Halo 4 failed to.

It's just weird that this game is called Titanfall and the titans are at the core of it and yet they are, IMO, the worst part of the game.

snip

I really enjoy playing both, the Titan's are a target so you have to change how you play, you are huge and much slower but so powerful. Its a huge rush for me to stay alive in a Titan for a while, be so close to death and manage to pull off a save/escape with dash and recharge enough to mount a counter assault.

Llamadeus

Banned
Honestly I think most people in call of duty unlock 2-3 guns and then never use anything else. You'll get some people playing with other guns but for the most part it seems the people who play it the most find the 3 most accurate and powerful weapons and just stick with them.

Yeah, this drove me crazy in Black Ops. I just remember almost everyone using the FAMAS and AK74u. One of the MW games was the same with the ACR. Battlefield 4 I saw more variety, but I also saw a lot of people just using the ACE 52 CQB carbine or a DMR.

Thats not to say I'm entirely thrilled with Titanfall's weapon selection. I think its great in that it will be easier for them to balance the weapons, hopefully, and I love that they stuck to one type of weapon for each archetype, but I would have liked to have seen more unique sci-fi weapons like the smart pistol mixed in.

I encountered this bug in the beta, and it appears it's in the final game as well. I've got the sidewinder in my build, but in game I've always got the lock on rocket. :/

Lame

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Just asking again since I really wanna get a second opinion before I dive in.

So I'm thinking about snagging this on the PC but while I'm very sure the game will run I have no idea how well it will run on my lenovo ideapad Y510p.

I've got an i7-4700MQ 2.40GHz
8gigs of RAM
and a NVIDIA GeForce GT755M which I think is 2GB VRAM?

The display is only 1366x768 so you guys think I'll be able to eek out 60 fps stable?

J-Rzez

Wow, well, had to leave a game. Some player was obviously aimbotting, snapping from player to player splitting wigs. Damn, where's the anti-cheat system?

I am bad at Titanfall; usually with a new multiplayer game my K/D runs around 2.0 and then drops down to the 1.4 range over time. In this, I'm struggling to keep it above 1.2. Fun, though. Just beat the campaign and unlocked the Ogre.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
do burn cards only last a short while? I had one that gave me a grenade launcher mag in place of the anti-titan weapon, but after a couple of uses (or deaths) it switched back to the normal anti-titan homing missile.

Megasoum

Banned
How can you release a PC game in 2014 that 1-Doesn't have borderless mode and 2-Doesn't really alt-tab when you alt-tab, it just goes in windowed mode.

Wtf...that's terrible.

Camp Lo

Banned
Are we lumped together by skill in the real MP? I've only played Campaign and it seems to be a free-for-all in that regard.

Spasm

Is there a quick way to kill a titan when riding it, or just using your normal weapon? Always seems like me killing a titan like that takes ages, but if someone is riding me I die quickly

Switch to Sidewinder!
Don't actually do this.

Jito

Banned
do burn cards only last a short while? I had one that gave me a grenade launcher mag in place of the anti-titan weapon, but after a couple of uses (or deaths) it switched back to the normal anti-titan homing missile.

You have it until you die or the match ends if you manage to survive.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
How can you release a PC game in 2014 that 1-Doesn't have borderless mode and 2-Doesn't really alt-tab when you alt-tab, it just goes in windowed mode.

Wtf...that's terrible.

Plenty of PC don't the second. It's not some sort of mandatory requirement or even all that common.

2014 has nothing to do with that you'll see it often for a long ass time.

This game is definitely a CoD killer for me. I don't think I can go back. I'll stick with Battlefield as well because it has a very different feel from CoD and Titanfall but Titanfall is essentially the evolution of Call of Duty so it will replace it for me.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Uh, Boneyard really doesn't run that well on the bone. (Pun intended). That's a 60fps gif of the worst seconds that I had. Probably just due to some background loading, but the map was generally a bit sluggish. Seems to get worse when smoke effects are involved. I really hope that the patch will improve things.

i1S2NDI5sWkgH.gif

I also have a 770. Everything is smooth but there seems to be a lot of screen tearing. What monitor do you have?

Turn off Vsync in game and use Adaptive Vsync in the Nvidia settings. It wont completely eliminate the tearing but will greatly reduce it. I have the same card and i rarely encounter tearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom