• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

manhack

So.
For some reason, i don't get pissed when i die in this game, like at all.
I come from battlefield, i don't know what being killed due to my own mistake feels like.
I can usually blame it on netcode and get pissed.

Yeah, that is why I stopped playing COD as much. The frustration from getting killed by somebody that spawns right behind you, cheap insta-kills, or laggy framerate or netcode was too much.

I know there is a "rematch" thing going on that spawns someone next to you, but so far nothing seems cheap.

Also, I like that you can run into an area and get into a crazy back and forth acrobatic dance of death with somebody. Me and another player, both with the shotgun, must of done a 10-15 second back and forth until I finally died and it was great.

BraXzy

I'll be online when I get back home in time for the UK launch.. I'm in the google doc but just incase, add me on Xbox! The more the merrier :)

AnX IReCoiLz

Someone has my GAF username already as their gamertag :(

Uh, Boneyard really doesn't run that well on the bone. (Pun intended). That's a 60fps gif of the worst seconds that I had. Probably just due to some background loading, but the map was generally a bit sluggish. Seems to get worse when smoke effects are involved. I really hope that the patch will improve things.

i1S2NDI5sWkgH.gif

Yikes!

They said that stuff in your gif should only happen when a bunch of Titans are in the same spot fighting it out....

You're just walking through a doorway turning around a corner here...

Man, this is taking quite a while to install on the Xbox One, which makes sense due to game sizes nowadays. I realized that this was the first time I put a disc into the console. I've never used party chat or anything, so I'm especially excited to hear the chat quality when I join my friend. We always had issues on the 360.

Finster

Wow, well, had to leave a game. Some player was obviously aimbotting, snapping from player to player splitting wigs. Damn, where's the anti-cheat system?

So, remember yesterday when people were using a modified exe to play the game early...

Boogdud

Definitely saw a few aimbot snipers last night. What is the cheat protection in this game? It seems like there is nothing...

Yeah wow, that didn't take long did it?

What's really annoying is, without proper servers there's nothing you can do but leave and hope you don't get placed in a match with another cheater. Ugh.

I've already said it before, but triple threat is really reallllly good at clearing points out on hard domination, or just killing people in buildings in general.

Triple threat is hnnnng

That plus my atlus finally has me feeling like I've found my long term titan combo. Triple threat let's you keep enemy titans at bay without committing yourself to enemy fire and I've gotten really good at killing pilots with it.

I genuinely enjoy that combo over pilot gameplay.

Has anyone found the later rifles to be any good? The semi auto is awful in comparison to default sniper and I didn't see any reason to use tri burst over standard ar.

The Cowboy

I can't believe no button on the 360 pad was set for voice coms on PC, there is a free button on the pad (right d-pad), so its really weird it wasn't set for coms.

I wonder if its out punishment for using pads on PC?, we're not allowed to talk to the other players :D (/s).
-
Seriously though, it would be nice if this was fixed.

Nydius

Seems that the aimbot thing was not exclusive to HM and I. Hope it gets fixed soon .

Well that explains what the hell just happened.

Just got out of an Attrition match on Airbase and kept dying but could never see the reason. Killcam showed the killer standing on top of the hangar and just staring into the horizon EVERY time he pulled the trigger (sniper, of course).

And, of course, no way to report that I can see.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Yeah wow, that didn't take long did it?

What's really annoying is, without proper servers there's nothing you can do but leave and hope you don't get placed in a match with another cheater. Ugh.

Seeing how the game is Source, I bet it was pretty easy to adapt an existing Source aimbot to work in this game. I'm sure it's one of the first things these assholes did during the beta.

I can't believe no button on the 360 pad was set for voice coms on PC, there is a free button on the pad (right d-pad), so its really weird it wasn't set for coms.

I wonder if its out punishment for using pads on PC?, we're not allowed to talk to the other players :D (/s).
-
Seriously though, it would be nice if this was fixed.

I noticed this during the beta. Is there even an option to go with a gated open mic? Not ideal but it'd be something.

Uh, Boneyard really doesn't run that well on the bone. (Pun intended). That's a 60fps gif of the worst seconds that I had. Probably just due to some background loading, but the map was generally a bit sluggish. Seems to get worse when smoke effects are involved. I really hope that the patch will improve things.

i1S2NDI5sWkgH.gif

There are some problems. On PC I've had FPS issues that I could only resolve with a full reboot. Haven't narrowed it down much but it seems to happen if the game crashes while trying to exit and then launching it again later.

FStop7

Banned
Wow, well, had to leave a game. Some player was obviously aimbotting, snapping from player to player splitting wigs. Damn, where's the anti-cheat system?

Seems that the aimbot thing was not exclusive to HM and I. Hope it gets fixed soon .

So there's that auto targeting system that's demonstrated in the tutorial. I wonder if someone figured out how to quickly hack that into being an aimbot during the beta?

rcl66

Trying to buy Titanfall but my Xb1 dashboard doesn't load anything except the middle main tiles. So the store etc isn't showing up. is this a hard reboot situation? Curious how common the problem is.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
How can you release a PC game in 2014 that 1-Doesn't have borderless mode and 2-Doesn't really alt-tab when you alt-tab, it just goes in windowed mode.

Wtf...that's terrible.

When I set mine to run in a window, it's borderless and I can alt-tab all I want.

Never understood what would be fun about aimbotting. Especially if you're just going to stand in one place. Some people just want to watch the world burn I guess.

I don't like the whole Burn Card thing - I'd rather they be permanent/optional perks, rather than 1-use things.

I haven't even used one yet.

Other than that, I really love the game on PC.

Well there's your first problem :p I understand where you're coming from as I also have an aversion to one time use items, but just try to not be attached to them. Remember they're disposable (hell it's in the name) and use them as often as possible because you will get more. Lots more.

GavinUK86

well, i just played the first couple maps in the campaign mp and got sniped every few minutes. spawn, sniped, spawn, sniped. lost both games. definitely something up with aimbots and cheaters already. wasn't down to me playing bad either, i literally had no time to scratch my arse before i was sniped again.

So there's that auto targeting system that's demonstrated in the tutorial. I wonder if someone figured out how to quickly hack that into being an aimbot during the beta?
The one I encountered was a good ol aimbot. They right clicked and they would snap onto you instantly (killcam verified) Not like the smart pistol one.

FStop7

Banned
The one I encountered was a good ol aimbot. They right clicked and they would snap onto you instantly (killcam verified) Not like the smart pistol one.

So maybe it's related to the game being Source based, then.

You really have to be a special kind of loser to cheat at online games.

i1S2NDI5sWkgH.gif

Well isn't that something?

Someone tell Gies.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Is there a summary of the story of both sides? I played through boths sides but really have no idea what happened.

Boogdud

It's a source game, both Source and Unreal engine games have hacks waiting on deck on just about every release. It's the bane of PC FPS gaming. It's very easy to hack them these days and with a release that gets as much attention as this one the hacks are already made before the game hits retail. Not only that, they have people 'pre-ordering' hack subscriptions to these games. That way when/if respawn fixes the exploit, the creator will just modify the hash and have a new one ready within minutes and all the people that bought subscriptions will get the new one and it starts all over.

People were working on hacks during closed beta. These people...

jet1911

i1S2NDI5sWkgH.gif

Does it always happen like that?

This game is definitely a CoD killer for me. I don't think I can go back. I'll stick with Battlefield as well because it has a very different feel from CoD and Titanfall but Titanfall is essentially the evolution of Call of Duty so it will replace it for me.

This is how I feel. Hard to replace Battlefield for me but it makes a great alternative.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
You really have to be a special kind of loser to cheat at online games.

We used to play games on our LAN at work several years ago. All of the sudden, this one guy got really good. A week later someone walked into his office to ask him something during lunch, and saw he was running an aimbot. During our in-office LAN game.

He eventually ended up getting fired for an unrelated but equally sociopathic reason. That's the only time I've ever actually met a cheater. And the guy was a socially inept awful little shit who was also extremely creepy. Exactly how I imagined a cheater would be.

Tsundere

Banned

i1S2NDI5sWkgH.gif

Wow, that's pretty terrible, I have some frame hiccups here and there, but nothing like that. (PC)

So yeah, I dont care what anyone else says. I'm playing this game on my One and it is bloody beautiful. The maps, the scenery, the landscape, the skyboxes, the artstyle. Its all beautiful and I feel a constant urge to just look at the scenery instead of playing the game.

Coconut

Banned
We used to play games on our LAN at work several years ago. All of the sudden, this one guy got really good. A week later someone walked into his office to ask him something during lunch, and saw he was running an aimbot. During our in-office LAN game.

He eventually ended up getting fired for an unrelated but equally sociopathic reason. That's the only time I've ever actually met a cheater. And the guy was a socially inept awful little shit who was also extremely creepy. Exactly how I imagined a cheater would be.

I kind of get it if you are trolling folks but if you are doing it to look cool or something there's just no hope for you ever.

Marleyman

Banned
So yeah, I dont care what anyone else says. I'm playing this game on my One and it is bloody beautiful. The maps, the scenery, the landscape, the skyboxes, the artstyle. Its all beautiful and I feel a constant urge to just look at the scenery instead of playing the game.

Agreed

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
I played the beta for a couple hours and enjoyed it; but didn't "wow" me. But upon the beta's close, I slowly found myself reminiscing about the game more and more - to the point of true hype. As much as I'd love to have gotten Titanfall on PC; I really need something to justify my Xbox One purchase at launch - and this seemed like the game to do it. As the release has neared, I've found myself increasingly more excited - to the point I went to the midnight release and even took today off work.

My impressions after about ~six or seven hours of playing.

It's totally fun. Maneuvering around the maps is a blast - really does feel truly fresh. The controls are tight - and while wall-running can be a bit wonky, I'll scratch that up to my inexperience. I imagine in a couple days, I'll be bouncing around like a pro - and I truly love that the player movement is an additional level of skill. Taking some of the skill away from just quick-twitch aim and instead into knowing the intricacies of a map and the jump, and being able to shave a second or two off your journey is something I absolutely loved in games like Halo 1 & 2, and while I was never good - Quake.

Which takes me to a comparison that's not truly fair - but I have to think to myself "how does this stack up against my favorite multiplayer FPS games? Which are, unquestionably, Halo 2 as an all-time favorite and Team Fortress 2 as a distant second. Both games run off teamwork - a good team - with good communication and an eagerness to help can overcome a lot of challenges. Additionally, everything is so layered - knowing the perfect sniping location, the perfect way to launch a warthog in a base, the perfect path to sneak a bomb to the assault location, where to hide with a flag, where to put up a sentry, where a medic can hide to heal his team; all of those things add so many additional layers to the strategy.

And that's where I think Titanfall will fall short. The gameplay is tight. The maps are surprisingly good - and there's a lot of them. The controls are nearly spot-on. The Titans themselves are a blast. There's a lot of action, and I'm having lots of fun. Totally worth the $60. But I'm already - on day one - finding myself realizing that every match is basically a bunch of people bouncing around shooting whatever rolls in front of them. The "strategy" is missing. And while that's not a bad thing, it's something that I would have really enjoyed. .. it just doesn't suit itself too well with this kind of game.

Though, I will say, I think an Invasion-type mode could do wonder for adding this additional layer if done right.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Game is definitely fun and you feel like a bad ass on the Titans. It feels like CoD on mechs but it's still fun. The bigger maps and different game play presented add a new coat of paint to this. Glad I only paid about 20 for it or else I would have serious buyers remorse.

wwm0nkey

For those having preformance issues on the PC, lower your audio quality a bit and disable some audio options, it gave me a FPS increase and want to see if it works for others too.

cool_dude

Banned

I'm with ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom