• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonboy

If you like online shooters, buy it. If you like them but are a damn noob like me, buy it.
Haha. I definitely love online shooters.

Do you have a decent PC? You can most likely run Titanfall no problem if so, just have to keep the resolution in check. You can find the game pretty cheap as well.
Nope. I'm a Mac guy. Don't have a 360 either. Have never owned a MS console.

Uh, Boneyard really doesn't run that well on the bone. (Pun intended). That's a 60fps gif of the worst seconds that I had. Probably just due to some background loading, but the map was generally a bit sluggish. Seems to get worse when smoke effects are involved. I really hope that the patch will improve things.

http://i.minus.com/i1S2NDI5sWkgH.gif

Oh, wow. I thought the gif was having trouble loading lol Is there really that much tearing?

JackHerer

When you use it, you only have 8 rounds in your magazine, which makes it kinda useless against multiple targets.

I was looking forward to using it, but it just has too many disadvantages. It's perfectly possible to do well with it, but I feel I do much better with the carbine or SMG.

I don't particularly like the G2A4 or the burst fire gun. I tried to use both for a while but I feel like I need an automatic in this game. Those two guns made me feel like I had to change my play style too much in order to make it work. Felt inclined to move around less and wait for long range opportunities like a sniper. It definitely could be a successful strategy but I feel like it's counter to the strengths of this game and what makes it fun.

The movement is the best part of this game and I feel like if your gonna be wall running and traversing the map constantly it's better to have an automatic weapon. Unless your godly with getting head shots with the G2A4 while jumping all over the place.

WOW, they have some servers in Brazil. I guess that's why I had a completely lag free experience with the Beta.

Do you hear that, EA? If you are going to use your own servers instead of azure, at least put them on every country your game releases!

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Oh, wow. I thought the gif was having trouble loading lol Is there really that much tearing?

Yes, unfortunately. I hope that Respawn focuses on framerate/tearing instead on resolution. I wouldn't really care at all about 720p/792p if I'd get smoother gameplay in turn. The game runs smoothly most of the time, but there is always tearing, smoke effects run like crap, and some maps are performing worse than others.

Haha. I definitely love online shooters.

Nope. I'm a Mac guy. Don't have a 360 either. Have never owned a MS console.

Do you have any other reasons to want a Xbone? Because while this is fun, I wouldn't want to buy a system just for it, plus having to pay for xbox live to play it at all as well.

d00d3n

The Call of Duty: Ghost SLI compatibility bit appears to be working in the game. Just open the Ghost profile, copy the dx11 bit, and paste into the TitanFall profile, all in nvidia inspector.

Jonboy

Just bootcamp your machine then.
It's an Air. Doubt I could even run the game through Windows.

Do you have any other reasons to want a Xbone? Because while this is fun, I wouldn't want to buy a system just for it, plus having to pay for xbox live to play it at all as well.
Never had a MS console before, but I've enjoyed a bit of Halo and Gears back in college. I'd probably play Dead Rising and then the eventual Halo and Gears. Maybe Quantum Break and Sunset Overdrive depending on how they pan out. It would essentially replace the Wii U as my 2nd console (since it's currently gathering dust).

DieH@rd

Banned
Yeah, recorded that earlier on my XBO:

i1S2NDI5sWkgH.gif

Giant Bomb wasn't exaggerating with the single digit fps. The game definitely needs some polish. (It's still awesome, tons of fun, everybody should buy it, yadada)

wow

Spookie

Anyway to turn off the challenge complete pop up? The screen is busy enough, I don't need that horse shit going off every 5 seconds.

Wizman23

Banned
Wow, well, had to leave a game. Some player was obviously aimbotting, snapping from player to player splitting wigs. Damn, where's the anti-cheat system?

At least thats one thing the XB1 version trumps is not having to deal with any of this bullshit.

Izuna

Banned
It's an Air. Doubt I could even run the game through Windows.

Never had a MS console before, but I've enjoyed a bit of Halo and Gears back in college. It would essentially replace the Wii U as my 2nd console (since it's currently gathering dust).

As someone who has used both PS4 and Xbone, I can say IQ is better on PS4 but as of this moment the exclusives (Inc. Titanfall and Halo) make it a good thing to dive into. Don't think too much of it as a MS console if you don't like their PC OS... Both consoles boot games quickly and both work great with their respective apps. You can use smartglass well on your iPad/iPhone etc.

Hey TitanGAF, what am I doing wrong with VPN-unlocking this game? I turn on TunnelBear, select US as my region, activate it, run Origin, run Titanfall and it can't find any data centers. When I turn off TunnelBear, and try Titanfall again, it can find servers. I select closest one (Western Europe), click play, wait for the map to load, and after some slowdown during loading and selecting my class and titan, server just disconnects me.
Anyone?

RipRamsey

What happened between beta and retail? I'm not one to complain about graphical performance but this game is a mess. Horrible tearing and frame drops that weren't present before.

HoodWinked

Started seeing choppy framerate on Lagoon. Might have to tinker with some graphics options.

8gZcA8z.png

if you have 2gb of vram setting texture resolution to 'very high' overflows so if you set it to just 'high' it drastically improves performance. and most graphics cards are 2gb. titanfall sets this on 'very high' by default which seems like a mistake.

the next thing that improves performance is shadow detail, then lighting quality.

I didn't get a chance to play the beta, as I was busy when the beta came out and had no time for gaming.

Looking forward to this arriving on my doorstep soon. I need a fresh shooter, I picked up COD at XBone launch but this looks more up my alley.

Hope to get with some GAF'ers for campaign this evening

GT: "BBQ PlTMaster" (The "i" is a lower Case "L")

To those of you having PC fps issues I recommend overclocking your GPU memory to 7GHz if you haven't already. The performance increase is pretty noticeable. Also check the sound emitter settings in audio. Shadows are another thing to free up performance.

Jarlaxle

In the beta I couldn't find any way to review the screen that showed kills and deaths of everyone in the match that just last ended. Once it came down, you could only look at the total amount of kills you as an individual had. Is there a way in the final version to see what I'm looking for? I always enjoy comparing my kills/assists/deaths to members of the team and the other team and it seems to go away to quickly.

bigmac996

ugh I really wish the game had a map filter/ server select option. I've played 32 games so far, and have only gotten to play Angel City once. I miss that map.

El_Chino

I picked this up today. Totally unexpected purchase. Went into Gamestop and they had a deal where they would add 50% of the value of a system trade-in if you put it towards a new console. That, plus some leftover Christmas money, made only have to spend $100 on this.
Nice! Congratulations!

if you have 2gb of vram setting texture resolution to 'very high' overflows so if you set it to just 'high' it drastically improves performance. and most graphics cards are 2gb. titanfall sets this on 'very high' by default which seems like a mistake.

the next thing that improves performance is shadow detail, then lighting quality.

To those of you having PC fps issues I recommend overclocking your GPU memory to 7GHz if you haven't already. The performance increase is pretty noticeable. Also check the sound emitter settings in audio. Shadows are another thing to free up performance.

Thanks for these. I already have textures set to High, so I'll probably tick the shadows or lighting down next. Audio sounds like a good idea, too, because my laptop's real bottleneck is its CPU.

The Flash

Banned
I picked this up today. Totally unexpected purchase. Went into Gamestop and they had a deal where they would add 50% of the value of a system trade-in if you put it towards a new console. That, plus some leftover Christmas money, made only have to spend $100 on this.

yeah gamestop has pretty good deals every now and then for sure. really tempted to go over there and get a Titanfall controller.

jbug617

Banned
My copy (Xbox One) just came in from Best Buy. The install was pretty fast and was able to join a game on my first try. I guess the servers are holding up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom