• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Game doesn't run as smooth for me as beta, feels like the issue is server-side though. I should have screenshotted my settings in the beta. Anyway, if my ping is under 100 I win most encounters and don't notice any hitreg problems. At 110 I have lots of hitreg problems and lose most of those encounters.

Marleyman

Banned
Game is definitely fun and you feel like a bad ass on the Titans. It feels like CoD on mechs but it's still fun. The bigger maps and different game play presented add a new coat of paint to this. Glad I only paid about 20 for it or else I would have serious buyers remorse.

So why is it only worth 20 bucks? You praise it yet add that caveat.

Wow Respaen did an excellent job with the maps
Season Pass is a must have for me

Feel free to add me for some TitanFall :)
GT: Marteria1337

Digi30

Neo Member
Uh, Boneyard really doesn't run that well on the bone. (Pun intended). That's a 60fps gif of the worst seconds that I had. Probably just due to some background loading, but the map was generally a bit sluggish. Seems to get worse when smoke effects are involved. I really hope that the patch will improve things.

i1S2NDI5sWkgH.gif

So weird I put in 6 hours so far and have never seen it get that bad. Not saying there aren't FPS drops, but I haven't seen anything like that yet. What I have noticed with X1 in general is after multiple apps are opened performance slows down and if you start a game without closing those performance does drop as they don't auto close upon exit. Which is why I do a fresh boot every couple hours.

So weird I put in 6 hours so far and have never seen it get that bad. Not saying there aren't FPS drops, but I haven't seen anything like that yet. What I have noticed with X1 in general is after multiple apps are opened performance slows down and if you start a game without closing those performance does drop as they don't auto close upon exit. Which is why I do a fresh boot every couple hours.

This happened to me too, but went away with the Feb. update. Maybe the March update brought it back?

Thanks for these. I already have textures set to High, so I'll probably tick the shadows or lighting down next. Audio sounds like a good idea, too, because my laptop's real bottleneck is its CPU.
Since your on a laptop I would try to stay plugged into the wall and on high performance. You could also use the CPU unpark app/registry hack to get some more power out of it.

Jonboy

I picked this up today. Totally unexpected purchase. Went into Gamestop and they had a deal where they would add 50% of the value of a system trade-in if you put it towards a new console. That, plus some leftover Christmas money, made only have to spend $100 on this.
Just curious...what system did you trade-in to get that much credit?

antitrop

I'm sitting here at work with dreams of Titans dancing in my head.

I have off tomorrow, so I'm going to bring a bunch of energy drinks home and play for ungodly amounts of time.

old

What is considered a titan kill? I've doomed a hundred titans with my chaingun and it's only say i killed 5 of them.

Cannot wait to get off work and pick this up. I wasn't blown away by the beta but I have been pretty excited to hop back in again and try out all the maps and weapons.

Coconut

Banned
What is considered a titan kill? I've doomed a hundred titans with my chaingun and it's only say i killed 5 of them.

when it's doomed if you keep shooting it it'll make it blow up faster when you deliver the last shot that's when it's a kill.

I actually feel the same way. I payed 30 something for it. I am really glad I didn't pay 60 dollars. Content wise, there's not much there. Weapons are boring. Not that many unlocks at all. No customization options. Horrible "campaign".

Worth the 30 dollars though! Been having fun so far.

HoodWinked

giantbomb just was doing a live quicklook and it ran fine, i think dead may be having connection issues on his end? or maybe hes in another region.

Coconut

Banned
the Quad Rocket launcher, what is it good for?

giantbomb just was doing a live quicklook and it ran fine, i think dead may be having connection issues on his end? or maybe hes in another region.

People need to remember that internet connection could be a factor for in dropped frames.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals

I don't often find games that are really worth 60. I don't feel like this is. Bravely Default is worth 40 for me. In the real world many games aren't worth a full 60 but none the less I really don't regret it for 20.

The shooting feels like CoD but I definitely enjoy the wall running and other mechanics presented as well as the Titan game play.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
triple threat is weak as shit
am i wrong in using it against other titans ?

Well my first plan was to pair it with an Ogre which was problematic. It kills Titans really quickly if you connect but you have to get in close to dump your load. Been having more success in Stryder country with it. Also it's fun to use it to clear out buildings, though super tough to get random pilots flying around. Oh, when teammate Titan gets in your way, just send the 'nades over his head while he acts as your shield. Good times to be had with that weapon with a little creativity.

IndustryX

Well shit this seems to be running like crap on my pc after watching some other videos of the game.. Not sure what I should do just attempted low everything output at 1080p (HDMI to my TV) and still just clearing 30 (The exact same FPS I get when my settings are on high/Med, I'd rather downgrade my IQ for better FPS) Any tips on how to hit 60? Not sure what's going on, anyone else having this problem?

Here are my specs

i7 3630 2.4GHz
GTX660M 2GB (Updated Yesterday)
8 GB RAM
Windows 8.1

Definitely a good thing. Halo 4s weapons count is a poor example as they added a lot of pointless weapons (all the promethean weapons) and the game was poorly balanced for months after launch.

That's actually a fair point. I'd rather have 10 balanced weapons than a smattering of unbalanced ones.

Also, my wife surprised me - sent me a text saying she ordered pizza and bought me a new headset adapter too, so I could have a smooth night tonight.

HoodWinked

the Quad Rocket launcher, what is it good for?

People need to remember that internet connection could be a factor for in dropped frames.

quad rocket does a ton of damage also the splash is very nice to killing groups of grunts and spectres. but the real reason the quad rocket is imo the best weapon is when you unlock its single rocket mod. which lets you essentially shoot single rockets like a machine gun.

triple threat is weak as shit
am i wrong in using it against other titans ?

its good for defending in hard point maps, it can be shot into windows of buildings and clear out other pilots, against other titans it does decent damage but because the delay titans just move out of the way..

je_ssi e

I actually feel the same way. I payed 30 something for it. I am really glad I didn't pay 60 dollars. Content wise, there's not much there. Weapons are boring. Not that many unlocks at all. No customization options. Horrible "campaign".

Worth the 30 dollars though! Been having fun so far.
Yah, I'm glad I didn't spend much more than $30 on it either.
It's fun, but there's really not much there. Kind of surprised how little weapons there are to unlock tbqh.

I hope the DLC is more than just maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom