• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malaussene

Neo Member
Any of you playing on PC with a 360 controller? If yes, how are you fairing? I use to play on my comfy couch and I hate using kb and mouse (when not on a desk).. but I also fear using a controller would make me getting owned 24/7.. can you share your experiences?

Justified

I post this in the other thread, but here is the (rumored) Back Boxart for the 360 version

b09ms0v.jpg

Shit, is XBL really down? Bah, about to go home in half an hour to play for the first time today.

Social and GamingLimited

Affected platforms:

Xbox One

FUCK.

Cse

Banned
So...are the processes governing the AI being run entirely on Microsoft's servers? Do we have any information on this yet?

I'm genuinely interested.

I was having really bad performance in the beta, it's way better here but I still feel like I should be getting higher framerates.

My favorite thing about this game is the verticality and mobility, once you get good enough you can just wall run and double jump through the map without ever touching the ground until you're ready to rodeo or ambush someone.

To me, that's the biggest innovation this has over CoD. The Titans are fantastic but don't change the game in any way that vehicles don't in other shooters.

Only thing I don't think I like is it seems that weapon unlocks are very limited compared to CoD, one of the best things about those games was how many weapons there were. Ultimately there were always ones that were clearly better than the rest so cutting out the useless ones might be for the better.

Allforce

If my laptop ran the beta ok is the retail release going to be any different? There's been all this talk about lowered resolution textures for the beta and alpha and whatever so I don't want to buy this if it's not going to run. My laptop is right on the edge of games either A. Working ok and tolerable and B. Being a complete waste of money.

Nick

I was wondering why this game was acting so damn jittery... then I learned about this "V-Sync" thing and when I turned it off, the game suddenly became playable and awesome.

IndustryX

Man crappy performance when I should at least be able to get 60 FPS somehow , but it seems incapable does anyone else here have a Lenovo Y580 Laptop? For reference I could run Bioshock Infinite on Ultra as well as Borderlands on Very High with much better frame rate.. What gives?

Malaussene

Neo Member
Only thing I don't think I like is it seems that weapon unlocks are very limited compared to CoD, one of the best things about those games was how many weapons there were. Ultimately there were always ones that were clearly better than the rest so cutting out the useless ones might be for the better.

That's it.. the weapons are not so many but each one of them feels different and exist for its own purpose.. The only thing I hoped for was a little more aesthetic customization

GravyButt

Enjoying the game a ton on the xbox one and havent had any real issues. But, man, why am I so horrible with the quad rocket and the chain gun?! I do great with the 40mm but I got a feeling im going to want to change it up.

Also, do you guys like electric smoke, or the vortex shield better?

Proven

I was having really bad performance in the beta, it's way better here but I still feel like I should be getting higher framerates.

My favorite thing about this game is the verticality and mobility, once you get good enough you can just wall run and double jump through the map without ever touching the ground until you're ready to rodeo or ambush someone.

To me, that's the biggest innovation this has over CoD. The Titans are fantastic but don't change the game in any way that vehicles don't in other shooters.

My number one worry right now is that the base of the game that everything is layered on top of is still COD. This makes it a great successor or competitor or whathaveyou to COD. But I can't be certain if the changes are different enough to make me get over my distaste for some of the foundation.

I will say that from watching streams, even the very wide open maps have a lot of ways for Pilots to zip around and dodge Titans. Even just a small wall run here and there can speed you up a bunch. A lot of players don't see them yet, unfortunately.

For those who have played on PC, how has it performed? Meaning, are the servers relatively stable? how hard is it to get into a server? any major issue like the hitscan bug in BF4 or matchmaking problems (like in BF4 lol)? I ask because I want to buy this game, but my friends and I are hesitant because of the major fuck ups that EA has had with major online titles like BF4 and Sim City 5. Anything to worry about?

Malaussene

Neo Member
So to those who have a good PC, are you guys getting good performance?

Anyone hitting max settings?

I use max settings with insane textures and I have to say performance is a lot better than the beta.. I think I run at a steady 60fps with vsync without any slowdown.. even though the bew drivers still miss a SLI profile for the game

HoodWinked

For those who have played on PC, how has it performed? Meaning, are the servers relatively stable? how hard is it to get into a server? any major issue like the hitscan bug in BF4 or matchmaking problems (like in BF4 lol)? I ask because I want to buy this game, but my friends and I are hesitant because of the major fuck ups that EA has had with major online titles like BF4 and Sim City 5. Anything to worry about?

its stable since its not EA running the servers. ms hosts the games on their servers. i've played for maybe 20 hours and only got disconnected a couple times at the end of matches.

Enjoying the game a ton on the xbox one and havent had any real issues. But, man, why am I so horrible with the quad rocket and the chain gun?! I do great with the 40mm but I got a feeling im going to want to change it up.

Also, do you guys like electric smoke, or the vortex shield better?

I like the smoke, because I dont have to eject when my TITAN gets hijacked, but Vortex is really good.

malfcn

Going to be on tonight. Need to pick up a new chat set. Had to use a pair of Tritton with the Kinect last night. And hope fully no game lock ups this time.

Coconut

Banned
I beat the Militia campaign and have no idea what the actual fuck happened.

Thank you. Now some snarky asshole is going to send you a link about who builds titans and pretend like that's a story.

If red pawns goal was to bridge the gap between MP and SP like they were saying earlier in the games development life they failed miserably.

Clydebink

Neo Member
Any of you playing on PC with a 360 controller? If yes, how are you fairing? I use to play on my comfy couch and I hate using kb and mouse (when not on a desk).. but I also fear using a controller would make me getting owned 24/7.. can you share your experiences?

Sometimes I'm on top, sometimes I'm on bottom, most of the time I'm in the middle. I'm not highly competitive, but I don't feel like I'm getting destroyed.

fantasticblur

Neo Member

Yeah, campaign mode made an awful first impression on me. I found the incessant talk from the "characters" distracting.

Then something clicked on my second play through (IMS). I was finally getting accustomed to the gameplay and maps. Things started becoming a bit more second nature, so I could focus on the story elements more.

That said, campaign mode is pretty half baked. But if you want those Titans unlocked, you gotta trudge through.

Completed both campaigns in a few hours. Now things are opening up and I'm starting to really dig the game. Looking forward to putting more time in tonight.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
GODDAMN IT I CAN'T CONTAIN THE HYPE ANYMORE

I am 99% sure as soon as I get home from work I'll pick up the PC version.

I went from 0 interest to 100% interest in like 24 hours.

foxtrot3d

Banned

LOL, I just beat the IMC campaign and feel the same way. It's a little hard to concentrate on the story when you are trying to wall jump on building, whilst kicking grunts in the face, and engaging enemy titans and pilots simultaneously.

GODDAMN IT I CAN'T CONTAIN THE HYPE ANYMORE

I am 99% sure as soon as I get home from work I'll pick up the PC version.

I went from 0 interest to 100% interest in like 24 hours.

Believe the hype, I havent had this much fun with a MP game since COD4.

Snicky

I have had a good experience on PC. Playing on a 770GTX 4gb running insanity textures at 1080p 8x msaa with little to no frame drops and the servers have been silky smooth. I am on the west coast data center and my ping rarely goes over 40. I have been impressed with the performance server side on PC, no issues to speak of.

Gameplay wise the game is good but nothing revolutionary. It is what it is, I honestly think it is more fun to watch than play. Not saying it is not fun, but it is quite the spectacle.

What if the 360 version really does pull off 1080p? Where will our deities be then?

And what if during the battle of Stirling in Braveheart, the British army had marched back to England, stopping at every Scotsman's house to apologize for a century's of rape, pillaging and murder but only after the commander of the British army had walked across the field, presented himself in front of the Scottish army, put his head between his legs and kissed his own ass?

What if indeed.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

playing from the UK so my ping was a little high but it sometimes took a while to match people up in the campaign, but I expect that will improve as more people play. Performance was great for me - 7950 and i5 (not overclocked) and it was very smooth at 1080p with most things maxed (I think I had shadows at medium). No noticable tearing for me either.

Bsigg12

Random map thoughts

Training Ground: Boring
Corporate: Least impressive looking
Lagoon: Have still only played once

I'm wondering if they actually have lagoon set with less of a chance to be played because it's the main map I ever have hang ups on. Maybe they're still working to optimize thw map, Xbox One version though.

Use the zip lines on training ground more often, it instantly makes it better.

Clydebink

Neo Member
I actually really enjoyed the campaign. The story is useless, but I like having a group of multiplayer matches in a bundle with a bow on it. I see myself playing through the campaign on nights when I just want to play Titanfall for two hours. Hopefully enough people will enjoy it enough to do the same.

I use max settings with insane textures and I have to say performance is a lot better than the beta.. I think I run at a steady 60fps with vsync without any slowdown.. even though the bew drivers still miss a SLI profile for the game
I have had the same experience on PC. Playing on a 770GTX 4gb running insanity textures at 1080p 8x msaa with little to no frame drops and the servers have been silky smooth. I am on the west coast data center and my ping rarely goes over 40. I have been impressed with the performance server side on PC, no issues to speak of.
Good to know. Thanks.

Bet it looks glorious on the big screen!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom