• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

yatesl

So, I have a question. The Titan can punch. The Titan can reach down and pick you up as you slide under it's legs. The Titan can grab you mid air.

Why can't it brush the person off it's shoulder that's shooting it?

ultron87

So, I have a question. The Titan can punch. The Titan can reach down and pick you up as you slide under it's legs. The Titan can grab you mid air.

Same reason you're faster when you run on a wall, can't jet pack straight forward, and don't enter every battle in a Titan. Gameplay.

I actually really enjoyed the campaign. The story is useless, but I like having a group of multiplayer matches in a bundle with a bow on it. I see myself playing through the campaign on nights when I just want to play Titanfall for two hours. Hopefully enough people will enjoy it enough to do the same.
I would. I enjoy the solder banter while playing.

Does it have really good dialogue and soldier banter during regular mp matches? I hate CoD because it feels do dead. BF Bad Company 2 felt like everything was alive.

Is TF more like that?

MajorPain

And what if during the battle of Stirling in Braveheart, the British army had marched back to England, stopping at every Scotsman's house to apologize for a century's of rape, pillaging and murder but only after the commander of the British army had walked across the field, presented himself in front of the Scottish army, put his head between his legs and kissed his own ass?

What if indeed.

This made me laugh. Love the movie by the way.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
In my experience that never ends well.

It's a good game, no doubt, but it's not a revolution.

Maybe, but I have't had a good multi game to play for a while, I just quit WoW again and the only other game I'm thinking of snagging this month is MGSV Ground Zeroes for the PS3 digitally.

Even if I only play for a week I'll definitely feel like I've gotten my money's worth.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I have had a good same experience on PC. Playing on a 770GTX 4gb running insanity textures at 1080p 8x msaa with little to no frame drops and the servers have been silky smooth. I am on the west coast data center and my ping rarely goes over 40. I have been impressed with the performance server side on PC, no issues to speak of.

Gameplay wise the game is good but nothing revolutionary. It is what it is, I honestly think it is more fun to watch than play. Not saying it is not fun, but it is quite the spectacle.

I just upgraded from a 4GB 680 to a 3GB 780ti and I can't run this game on Insane :(

Anyone know what this is about?

I recently just wiped my PC and downloaded Titanfall and this is the first error message upon trying to install.

RNtJ2YO.png

Is it just a case of installing the DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010)?

In my experience that never ends well.

It's a good game, no doubt, but it's not a revolution.
I think it kind of is because CoD is getting old.

Perhaps the title "Titan" and "Fall" is symbolic of the "fall" or the "Titan" meaning, Call of Duty?

If so, it'd be ironic that the creators of Call of a duty would be the ones to kill their own creation!

Malaussene

Neo Member

well... good point... maybe because the rodeoing pilot mess with its brain making it stupid (yes lol)..
btw there's a tier 1 unlock to handle those situations..

Honestly, it's a gameplay thing. There has to be some balance. Pilots need to be effective against the Titans and just having a specialized gun made just for use against Titans isn't as fun as being able to jump on their back and really make an impact. If Pilots become a non-issue for those in Titans than it just becomes Titan Vs Titan without any impact from pilots. I actually enjoy running aorund as a pilot and taking out Titans, more than I do actually running aorund in my Titan.

It doesn't seem too practical, but I love the Arc Cannon. Nothing more satisfying than zapping people to death. Especially a huge group or grunts or Spectres.

ultron87

Does it have really good dialogue and soldier banter during regular mp matches? I hate CoD because it feels do dead. BF Bad Company 2 felt like everything was alive.

Is TF more like that?

I remember hearing a decent amount of entertaining grunt chatter during the beta. It's usually just contextual stuff like "Titan down! Titan down!" or "Enemy Pilot spotted!" but sometimes they'll have longer conversations or say some somewhat funny stuff.

MajorPain

Why ask why? If you are looking for a more realistic game maybe you should play Killzone online. It's also 1080p kind of.

Coconut

Banned
Welcome to triple A, first person shooter narratives.

You are just saying things in hopes that you say something right, aren't you? Like if we look at other FPSs the stories are clear they maybe simple but they are clear. This game has no story. They might as well have just let you choose a mode that changed game types.

It's a bunch of gibberish at the front end of a map and red pawn chickened out of trying to tell a story and that's fine but to call this mode a story campaign is horse shit.

Gestault

Titan used to be on the track team, and he had a solid routine, and stretched before every practice. But after a bad tumble at an intramural event, Titan lost his scholarship, and Titan ended up in a bad place in his life. During his recovery, he tried to stay in shape, but he was never able to keep up with his old circle of friends. Eventually, Titan started drinking more. First just at the occasional social event, or when he was cooking at home. But things started to feel more out of control for Titan. His weight began to come up more as a problem at his yearly physicals. Titan was still young, but his doctor was concerned. Titan let himself go, year by year.

What I'm trying to say is who are you to judge how flexible Titan is.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I basically have in-game V-sync off and using the Adaptive V-sync option from the Nvidia Control Panel. Helps with the erratic framerate hits a bit better. I would also suggest turning down the Anti-Aliasing options down a bit. That seemed to help.

Yeah, sorry, I meant buffering. Dunno why my brain wrote "filtering".
Boo, my 660M doesn't have Adaptive V-sync. Still have it. :(

IS it possible I'm getting true microstutter with my i7 integrated graphics working on the OS and shit? My lenovo wont let me disable it completely.

Man, have you never got that itch right between your shoulder blades that you just can't scratch?

Izuna

Banned
Best weapon is the Burn Card upgraded G2A4 Rifle. Got 10 Pilots in a row with that thing. I don't know what I think about the Cluster Missile yet, I don't really see it do anything...

Clydebink

Neo Member
I would. I enjoy the solder banter while playing.

Is TF more like that?

The soldier banter comes from the grunts and it is just audio-cues rather than "You got anyone back at home."
The majority of what you hear during the campaign is a superior explaining why it's important to win this match and then later it becomes an adolescent pissing-contest between two grown men.

I think the grunts make the matches feel very alive, but the campaign story just adds a tiny bit of context to make the match feel more like a mission from a sci-fi book for young readers.

It sounds bad when I describe it, but like I said, I think it has value.

Shaldome

I think I am dumb. I thought after using a VPN to unlock the game you were supposed to be able to play the game without?
Used a US gateway, played though the tutorial and exited to desktop. Restarted my computer and when I start Titanfall now Origin tells me that it will unlock on February 13th? Am I missing something?

Why ask why? If you are looking for a more realistic game maybe you should play Killzone online. It's also 1080p kind of.

Yeah this is a good idea but in my opinion Killzone Shadow Fall is not fun I think if the game was better and had more players online they would charge for maps.

MajorPain said:
If the game runs as good as the beta I will be happy. The most important thing is the game is a blast to play.

I also own the PS4 and have nothing to play on the system right now tried Killzone and the game just was not fun to play and the 1080p / 60fps they claimed was BS but that didn't even matter if the multiplayer was fun but it's not.

Major "I work Killzone into every conversation" Pain.

Does the gamestop promotion where trading a PS4 or XB1 game gets you a new game for 29.99 work for Titanfall?

Not sure about GameStop but Best Buy is giving a 100% bonus on trade-in values.

I traded NFS: Rivals and received $45 ($22.50) towards TitanFall. So I walked out paying only $18.59.

Other games at the $22.50 trade-in value include Forza 5, Ryse, Dead Rising 3 and I am sure there are others as well.

Not sure about GameStop but Best Buy is giving a 100% bonus on trade-in values.

I traded NFS: Rivals and received $45 ($22.50) towards TitanFall. So I walked out paying only $18.59.

Other games at the $22.50 trade-in value include Forza 5, Ryse, Dead Rising 3 and I am sure there are others as well.

Last day to do that was yesterday though right?

I'm probably in the minority here but after playing a few hours this morning I sorta feel bored of the game already. Not that it's a bad game by any means. I think I'm just worn out of the COD style fast paced shooter.

Neverfade

I have 3 more wins (out of the 18 campaign matches) for both achievements and its super frustrating. It's nearly impossible to get into the correct match on the correct faction and then I have to hope the team isn't full of non-objective-playing shitbirds.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
I think I am dumb. I thought after using a VPN to unlock the game you were supposed to be able to play the game without?
Used a US gateway, played though the tutorial and exited to desktop. Restarted my computer and when I start Titanfall now Origin tells me that it will unlock on February 13th? Am I missing something?

Any time you log into Origin you must do so connected to the VPN. Once logged into Origin you can disconnect.

Mononoke

Banned
I'm really surprised by how bad this games performance is. X1 version is choppy as hell, a far cry from 60 FPS. It really lags and slows down in maps like Lagoon. The PC version ran like crap for me (but I accept that, this might be a driver issue, or something on my end). I expected more polish on the X1 version at least.

Just installed it!

I notice I get 1080p on insane and 60 but with Vsync it seems lower FPS. Turning it off results in better performance but than I get so much tearing.

Glad it works really well though.

Clydebink

Neo Member
I feel the need to clarify, the campaign is not a campaign. It's a multiplayer mode with a static set of maps in a linear order, a little bit of cut-scene in between multiplayer matches and people showing up in your HUD to assure you that there is a reason that you have to take the hardpoint.
I enjoy the campaign, but calling it a campaign is just going to lead to confusion. They should call it "story team deathmatch" or something more accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom