• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigf00t

Had some great games on PC with gaffers DeputyDangle20 and Paulskywalker2 this morning. We played Hardpoint for a couple hours, and I don't we lost a single game, although a couple were pretty close. Good games guys!

If anyone wants to add me, my Origin name is radblastedmutie.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I would have a lot more interest in playing story time deathmatch.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Just picked up a PC version. My first double dip this gen; pretty sad it's happening so soon on a flagship game.

Caayn

I have 3 more wins (out of the 18 campaign matches) for both achievements and its super frustrating. It's nearly impossible to get into the correct match on the correct faction and then I have to hope the team isn't full of non-objective-playing shitbirds.
I know how you feel. I only need to win one more mission with the militia. But every time I choose/get that mission I'm dropped in with the IMC. I literally tried over a dozen times, each and every time I got the IMC team even when the Militia had fewer players.

Edit: Also when you've won every mission with a faction be prepared to wait. It will take a while before the achievement actually unlocks. It unlocked for me halfway through a match, two matches later.

iHJ0yRyvZbdmu.jpg

I'm ready TitanGaf!

Add me on XBL: AyaisMUsikHore

badb0y

I just upgraded from a 4GB 680 to a 3GB 780ti and I can't run this game on Insane :(

That's impossible. I am running the game on 2560x1600, all settings maxed except AA (I have it at 2xAA) and I am locked at 60 FPS on a GTX 780. I think I saw my GPU down-clock a few times in game because it wasn't being stressed.

What's your CPU?

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Fuck me, the same player dropped a Titan on me two times during the same match.

It runs really well on mine

running i5 2600k
gtx 560 Ti
8gigs of that Corsair

I'm getting 60 fps for the most part.....adaptive sync takes care of vsync issues....and I'm not noticing frame dips, tho when she gets hectic im sure there are some dips to like 45 but I honestly don't notice it.

my cousin who has a much more of a beast rig running dual cards is getting 100fps....so yea it runs pretty well.

So i just got the Xbox One titanfall bundle and I can't sign in during set up.

I keep getting Check your home network. There's a problem connecting to the sign in service. If you recently changed your network settings, you may need to restore your network to the default settings.

I keep getting baffled when people say it runs terribly on xb1. I just do not get it. The only semblance of performance issues was during starting cutscenes as ships were docking but during actual game, never had any issues with it.

Seems quite simple to me. One person states a specific area has frame-rate issues or scree-tearing and some people extrapolate this as the whole game performing poorly.

That's impossible. I am running the game on 2560x1600, all settings maxed except AA (I have it at 2xAA) and I am locked at 60 FPS on a GTX 780. I think I saw my GPU down-clock a few times in game because it wasn't being stressed.

What's your CPU?
I may lower my AA too. My cooling system sucks so keeping it lower may help my GPU stay cooler.

Is it the AA or insane textures that make the GPU sweat more?

d00d3n

So to those who have a good PC, are you guys getting good performance?

Anyone hitting max settings?

If you have SLI try this nvidia inspector profile. Posted by the user GhostOrange on the official nvidia forums. Unfortunately lots of detailed settings, so it is impractical to list all the individual settings. The game seems to be working good with this profile (1080p, max, 120hz)

I tried the cod: ghost compatibility bit initially, but the game became very unstable.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity

What's your CPU?

It isn't the CPU. I have the monitor up while I'm playing and the game simply climbs up and up on it's VRAM usage until it hits 3GB when I set it to Insane. I don't even have to be in a match. This will happen in a lobby.

Spookie

Time to kill needs to go up on the PC. I love the parkour on CTF but it's fucking pointless when you can die in 2 seconds to a hitscan weapon. This may fly on consoles, but everyone is laser accurate with a mouse.

Mononoke

Banned
It isn't the CPU. I have the monitor up while I'm playing and the game simply climbs up and up on it's VRAM usage until it hits 3GB when I set it to Insane. I don't even have to be in a match. This will happen in a lobby.

I noticed that too. This game is showing insane level of VRAM usage for me as well. Even higher than Crysis 3 at 1600p. That can't be right. Something is wrong. Battlefield 4 on Ultra + Crysis 3 on Ultra no problems. And those games have a lot better graphics, and bigger maps. Again, I know you can't do a 1:1 comparison, as games have optimization differences. But something isn't right here when this game looks worse than Call of Duty and is pushing 2.5-3gb of VRAM.

Dynamic3

It runs really well on mine

running i5 2600k
gtx 560 Ti
8gigs of that Corsair

I'm getting 60 fps for the most part.....adaptive sync takes care of vsync issues....and I'm not noticing frame dips, tho when she gets hectic im sure there are some dips to like 45 but I honestly don't notice it.

my cousin who has a much more of a beast rig running dual cards is getting 100fps....so yea it runs pretty well.

What are your settings/res?

Mine runs decently. I believe my two year old card is what's bottlenecking the performance. GPU load is usually at 100% whenever I'm in a match.

i5 3570K
8GB Kingston
Radeon HD 7770 1GB

If I run High texture at 1920x1080, i get slight stuttering during huge fights, so I just run it on medium for now.

I really need to upgrade my card. Regardless, I love this game.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Stryder is so damn fun. Just had a match where I was the first to drop and kept it alive near the end, you really just dance all over the map.

legacyzero

Banned
1: Rodeo Titan
2: Pilot gets pissed and jumps out of cockpit
3: Jump backwards off of Titan
4: Simultaneously deploy satchel charge
5: No more pissed pilot

This has been HIGHLY effective for me

Mrbob

Just installed it!

I notice I get 1080p on insane and 60 but with Vsync it seems lower FPS. Turning it off results in better performance but than I get so much tearing.

Glad it works really well though.

Eznark had the same problem.

My performance has been good so far. At 1080P running everything on high with Insane textures, 4XMSAA/16AF with VSync and haven't had a drop under 60 yet. Running a 3570K at 4.2ghz with a 780 card. Interested to see what performance will be like when I move to 1440P, as I plan on buying the 27" Asus Gsync when available.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Just played the System Shock 2 esque tutorial and had to shut it down. Not bagging on it, it's just wow, uh?. Not trolling here I promise. It was fun. I got to navigate the Titan. If anyone's on Origin, Northeastm0nk.

I picked up the $26 Season pass.

Where's the I'm not feeling Titanfall yet threat? I'll try some MP later.

jet1911

I really hope they further optimise the game in the coming weeks (pc version). Some maps are ok but there are maps that destroy my framerate for no reason at all.

Haines

Banned
I'm probably in the minority here but after playing a few hours this morning I sorta feel bored of the game already. Not that it's a bad game by any means. I think I'm just worn out of the COD style fast paced shooter.

I might feel that way if I didn't skip cod since a bit of bo1 and bf since vanilla 3.

As a counterstrike player and cod hater this is a game I can enjoy on My xbone for just fun

Jito

Banned
Just played the System Shock 2 esque tutorial and had to shut it down. Not bagging on it, it's just wow, uh?. Not trolling here I promise. It was fun. I got to navigate the Titan. If anyone's on Origin, Northeastm0nk.

Judging the game based on a quick tutorial? Lolwut.

ACESmkII

Thinking of picking this up for my new Laptop.

Would these specs run the game at decent settings and framerate at 1920x1080?

4th gen Intel Core i7 (2.40ghz 1600Mhz 6mb)

Nvidia GeForce GT755m GDDR5 2gb

8gb DDR3

Mononoke

Banned
I really hope they further optimise the game in the coming weeks (pc version). Some maps are ok but there are maps that destroy my framerate for no reason at all.

X1 isn't any better. They need to optimize both. Releasing the game this poorly optimized at launch is disappointing.

oti

Banned
Yeah, not happening for me unfortunately. Used VPN to unlock the game early, worked like a charme. Europe Nord server shows a Ping of 35 for me (that's ok, right?) but my Laptop is just not powerful enough I guess. The moment some action happens the games starts stuttering, not an enjoyable experience (I even tried the lowest settings, although the game recommended higher ones - PC GAMING IS WEIRD). Game itself seems ton of fun though.
I payed 25€ for the game and it's not like it's gone now. Guess I'll start saving money for a decent PC. :)

Well, until you play multiplayer, you haven't played Titanfall. The tutorial might show you 25% of what you can do in the game.

badb0y

I may lower my AA too. My cooling system sucks so keeping it lower may help my GPU stay cooler.

Is it the AA or insane textures that make the GPU sweat more?
Not sure, I am on custom water loop.

That's weird, I haven't experienced this yet and I played an hour last night and 3 hours right now.

Man, that tutorial just wasn't fun!!!!!

FUck this game!!! this shit is terrible! why is this game supposed to be good again? that tutorial was shit!

How do you jump onto a enemy Titan and start damaging it aka Rodeo?

you can climb up it by just jumping on it, or jumping from a roof. you can jump on your friendly titans this way too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom