• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbmonk

Framerate on Xbone takes some horrible dips. I couldn't aim because it the game play turned into slideshow.

Performance is a huge letdown. I hope they can patch it up or downgrade it. I just want a solid framerate whatever that takes graphically.

hawk2025

The worst part of the campaign ks that since everyone has to sit through the introductions in the lobby, there is no joining midway through.

If the team is unbalanced, it will remain so. Just awful, not touching this again.

Is there a FXAA setting for this? Is that lower than the MSAA setting? I can't check since I'm away from my CPU at the moment.

Also, in a sense, you can't see the difference between a 4x or 8x MSAA right?

Also:

The game is fun so far. I think it's CoD on steroids and it feels fresh. Ghosts just confirmed to me the series is getting fatigue.

I think TF can become this gen's CoD if EA/Respawn plays everything right.

Clydebink

Neo Member
How do you jump onto a enemy Titan and start damaging it aka Rodeo?
I think you just have to land on it to start the animation. Then it's a matter of shooting the part your character exposes when he/she rips off a piece of metal automatically. If you are having trouble, get onto a roof and drop down on one.

Jarmel

Banned
Oh man, people are salty as fuck about the weekend executable stuff. It's so funny hearing people bitch and moan about it.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
1: Rodeo Titan
2: Pilot gets pissed and jumps out of cockpit
3: Jump backwards off of Titan
4: Simultaneously deploy satchel charge
5: No more pissed pilot

This has been HIGHLY effective for me

1: Titan gets rodeo'd
2. Get out of cockpit
3. Throw satchel towards titan and kill guy

I used this plenty for a while, and still do sometimes since people are somewhat wising up on smoke.

Clydebink

Neo Member
The worst part of the campaign ks that since everyone has to sit through the introductions in the lobby, there is no joining midway through.

If the team is unbalanced, it will remain so. Just awful, not touching this again.

Once you finish the campaigns you can join into quick-matches which is where extra people can come from.

Animator

I had the funniest rodeo experience yesterday.

Jumped on this guys titan, he jumps out and I call my own titan directly on top his titan and jump off. We have a short firefight and he kills me but my titan falls and destroys his titan behind his back. After I respawn I get a kill because he thought my titan was his old titan was trying to get in and the shields killed him.

Toski

Are there actual cutscenes in the campaign? I just sit in the lobby hearing the audio without seeing any cutscenes.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Are there actual cutscenes in the campaign? I just sit in the lobby hearing the audio without seeing any cutscenes.

Very short in-game intro cutscenes at the beginning of a match. The scene shown at the beginning if the Angel City trailer is an example

How do people feel about the autorun? I'm retraining myself to use bumper for jump, which is fine; should I be getting used to running all the time or some such madness as well?

legacyzero

Banned
1: Titan gets rodeo'd
2. Get out of cockpit
3. Throw satchel towards titan and kill guy

I used this plenty for a while, and still do sometimes since people are somewhat wising up on smoke.

It's funny how many people I kill with smoke still hahah

I only carry satchels. So good.

mbmonk

Oh man, people are salty as fuck about the weekend executable stuff. It's so funny hearing people bitch and moan about it.

I am on the Xbone so the above isn't a direct issue, but games that have a progression system should have some sort of 'noob' tier option. So level one players aren't up against level 20+ for their first couple of rounds/games.

Clydebink

Neo Member
How do people feel about the autorun? I'm retraining myself to use bumper for jump, which is fine; should I be getting used to running all the time or some such madness as well?
I'm using "delayed" and my left thumb feels great! I don't notice any problem with delayed.

Caayn

1: Rodeo Titan
2: Pilot gets pissed and jumps out of cockpit
3: Jump backwards off of Titan
4: Simultaneously deploy satchel charge
5: No more pissed pilot

This has been HIGHLY effective for me
1. Rodeo Titan
2. Shoot the core.
3. Pilot notices me, and jumps out
4. Quickly jump of (hide) into a nearby building/scenery piece.
5. Pilot's confused and enters Titan again.
6. Rodeo Titan.
7. Finish the job.

Works like a charm.
I use the arc grenades to distract pilots. Allowing me to get close and on top of Titans, or to dance around them like a bouncing ball on steroids. Very useful for clearing hardpoints. Arc grenades FTW.

legacyzero

Banned
These Skyboxes!
ibfAUIRUUOFIQn.png

ib2GxQAifxhTWO.png

ixwPQgBUrsAbf.png

ibr4cSz8786O6w.png

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Dude I figured it out. After the match when inside your titan you melee while facing upwards and your titans is fist pumping.

muu

Wouldn't be so bad if all the campaign matches were Attrition, but a 4v6 that stays 4v6 for Domination is just ridiculous.

Jito

Banned
Dude I figured it out. After the match when inside your titan you melee while facing upwards and your titans is fist pumping.

That's a good one I'll try it out, I've just been self ejecting and spinning in the air firing my sidewinder.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
I can believe it's the Source Engine-based Titanfall that's making me so thankful for having an Nvidia Titan. Yay 6GBs of VRAM!

RulkezX

I enjoyed the hell out the Beta , but today has been a bit meh.

A lot of the maps are bad ( CTF on training ground is horrible) and the TTK is too low. Kinda regretting my purchase now.

A few guys in my community have been ranting about frame drops on a few maps as well.

Dub117

Well I got sent home because I got something in my eye, and thought I was going to get to play all day... And they called me back in. Shit.

2 questions;

Is the PC version good? Any known problems?

Is this on sale anywhere for Origin less than 60$?

The PC version has occasional performance issues depending on your system, but they can be ironed out by adjusting one or two settings.

And you can use the Mexican Origin store trick to get it cheap. ($38 or something like that)

Mononoke

Banned
How's the net code? I don't want to this to end up like B4.

My experience so far, is that it's rough. Worse than the Alpha/Beta. It basically has a lot of lag/FPS drops, and tearing. It really depends on the map though. I notice it gets really bad on Lagoon. But it's decent on Training Ground. It's not unplayable by any means. I'm not saying the FPS is crashing every two seconds. Just that, it's not consistent or smooth.

2 questions;

Is the PC version good? Any known problems?

Is this on sale anywhere for Origin less than 60$?

Seems to be mixed. Personally, I have two GTX 680s 4gb in SLI, and I've had nothing but issues with the PC version. I get a lot of screen tearing, and FPS drops. I ended up jumping over to X1 (which also runs poorly, but is more consistent). I'm willing to chalk this up to, driver issues. Or some incompatibility with my rig. Others have lesser Nvidia Cards and have said they aren't having any issues. Strange enough, I can run Crysis 3 and Battlefield 4 at 1600p with no issues at all (Ultra settings). But Titanfall is just crippled on my computer. *shrugs*

For some reason, Titanfall is using an insane amount of VRAM for me. Shooting up to 3gb (in comparison Crysis 3 1600p Ultra was bumping up against 2.5gb).

J-P

Neo Member
Ok the game is fun but holy fuck the stuttering and tearing (X1). Can't believe they are talking resolution bump when it performs this bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom