• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?

That's really cool. There's something about "rivals" congratulating each other that I can really appreciate. Like when MS congratulated Sony on their PS4 launch; and then Sony did the same the following week.

teokrazia

Oh, fuck the EU release, I've used a VPN and played some, until Level 11.
Mixedbag impressions about maps: some seem amazing, some "uhm...".
Had already alot of exciting moments. The concept and the execution of this game are soooooo goood!
In comparison to the beta, I see ALOT more people jumping, wallruning and quickly escaping off the Titan. GG, guys, I'm proud that you are learning to play as it is meant to and not as the average CoD/CS tourist!

The Flash

Banned

P73MQhP.png

nice avatar

noomi

so I thought satchel charges detonate automatically when in range of an enemy? I probably read the description wrong....

One thing I noticed, that when an enemy jumps on top of a buddies titan, his titan seems to hunch over in a way so it's easy for me to save his ass and shoot the enemy off. Does anyone know if this is done automatically, or does the player inside the titan need to crouch down?

OverHeat

« generous god »
After playing both version I like the xbox one version better because player actually try to communicate with each other and play as a team.

So finally unpacked the statue from the CE. It is a gorgeous piece, really detailed and the led effect is nice, though it is annoying that the lights only stay on for 60 seconds, you can't just leave them on as a decoration like most statues let you. That's a huge bummer in design.

Also, while the statue is massive and looks great, it sadly is made of cheap plastic. As a statue collector, I expected some heftier materials, but this is all just well painted cheap material and it's actually quite a light piece. As a display piece the statue is great looking, but for the price it's kinda cheaply made. Have it on a dresser and just opening a drawer causes the titan to wobble which looks really lame.

rjcc

so I thought satchel charges detonate automatically when in range of an enemy? I probably read the description wrong....

One thing I noticed, that when an enemy jumps on top of a buddies titan, his titan seems to hunch over in a way so it's easy for me to save his ass and shoot the enemy off. Does anyone know if this is done automatically, or does the player inside the titan need to crouch down?

I think it happens automatically when it's an AI titan, I dunno if it's possible to do as a human player driving a titan

Marco1

As much as I was looking forward to this on xbone, I am going to give it a miss. The frame-rate drops and screen-tearing are just not acceptable on a game that looks like this.
How could MS fuck this up so much? I don't blame Respawn at all.
I have plants vs zombies and infamous with MGS:GZ coming later so they will take up what free time I have.
Respawn please fix this for titanfall 2 or titanfall extra edition PS4.

Is there a benchmark tool on PC or any demo announcements? My rig fits the specs but I'm just not sure and I'm not willing to shell out the money on something that might run like shit :(

Mechazawa

Campaign mode is garbage. People always leave, especially if you're on a team that does too well, so the game always rollbacks to a previous mission to find people.

I'm never going to get a fucking Stryder.

Mononoke

Banned
As much as I was looking forward to this on xbone, I am going to give it a miss. The frame-rate drops and screen-tearing are just not acceptable on a game that looks like this.
How could MS fuck this up so much? I don't blame Respawn at all.
I have plants vs zombies and infamous with MGS:GZ coming later so they will take up what free time I have.
Respawn please fix this for titanfall 2 or titanfall extra edition PS4.

Can't say I blame you. The game is a lot of fun. It really is. But when the performance is this poor, and the graphics also look this bad, it kind of sours the entire package.

So far so good, been running smooth as butter on my PC all maxed out. Only time it stutters at all is when a map first loads. You guys did download the newest Nvidia driver right?

PC specs: 3gb 780 Ti, i7-2600k, 16gb ram, running at 1080p.

RulkezX

I keep getting client desynch and I have no idea what to do. This is so frustrating.

The gray box with resyncing connection or some such ?

I'm struggling to tell whether the slowdown I'm getting is performance or lag related (on PC).

I have a GTX 780 and I'm only running it at 1080p.

Most people in my clan having frame issues were using Nvidia cards, have you downloaded the Titanfall drivers ?

Haines

Banned
With some time in finally I do agree the performance on xbone is lackluster but I'm not going to stress about it and just have fun BC if I cared enough I would have went pc

Curious things about frame rate etc on the xbone. I'm not really getting any. Fine, so when there are six titans yapping away in the same part of the map it drops a bit, but never to unplayable - certainly never to the single digits that GB has suggested. For the most part it's crazily stable. Is it lag messing it for others? Minor lag that seems like frame skips? I don't know. But it's really very solid on mine indeed.

Oh, and the only tearing I'm noticing is in the dropship intro bits, for whatever reason. Hum.

uberluigi

Banned
Got my Xbox One today (yeah!) And I'm trying to sign in to my account but I'm getting a "Xbox live core services" error, the fuck does that mean?

KJ869

Okay this size is realy laughable. They realy need to sort out some way to select what audio you need... 50gb is just way too big download.

mr stroke

The PC version has occasional performance issues depending on your system, but they can be ironed out by adjusting one or two settings.

And you can use the Mexican Origin store trick to get it cheap. ($38 or something like that)

what are the settings? The stuttering using NVIDIA cards is driving me nuts :(

Jito

Banned
Okay this size is realy laughable. They realy need to sort out some way to select what audio you need... 50gb is just way too big download.

It's only a 22 GB download then 50 GB installed, just Origin includes the whole thing in the progress bar, but yeh it is stupid and took me ages to download.

RulkezX

I've gotten "Retrying server" with a dude right in front of me (PC) more than 10 times already :(

Yeah , my first 2-3 matches were fine on west Europe , then it started happening a lot, it was the same during the beta for me but I think I read a fix for it somewhere.

Yeah I get that a few times and then it says Client Desynchronization and boots me from the game.

I've not been booted , just the gray box with the freeze.

Nydius

what are the settings? The stuttering using NVIDIA cards is driving me nuts :(

In the nVidia control panel, set Adaptive Vsync and Triple Buffering to on for the game. It helps a lot but it isn't 100% fool proof. You'll still see some tearing and stuttering. Worse on some maps than others, but a lot better than if you use the game's vsync settings alone.

Blergh, anyone kind enough to explain how they unlocked the game via VPN on PC? I tried using TunnelBear with no luck (can't find data center, and when I turn off TunnelBear, game just disconnects me after it loads a level). Also tried that ugly looking VPN software that PC Gamer wrote about, didn't work either for some reason :/

mr stroke

In the nVidia control panel, set Adaptive Vsync and Triple Buffering to on for the game. It helps a lot but it isn't 100% fool proof. You'll still see some tearing and stuttering. Worse on some maps than others, but a lot better than if you use the game's vsync settings alone.

so the in game vsync is whats causing all the stuttering/issues?

Jito

Banned
Blergh, anyone kind enough to explain how they unlocked the game via VPN on PC? I tried using TunnelBear with no luck (can't find data center, and when I turn off TunnelBear, game just disconnects me after it loads a level). Also tried that ugly looking VPN software that PC Gamer wrote about, didn't work either for some reason :/

I've been using SoftEther VPN . Just connect to a USA VPN, open Origin and load the game, once the game is loading disconnect from the VPN.

syoaran

Not been able to get into a game - load times on my SSD take an age and then the game sticks me on "reconnecting to game" before timing out... sad times

BeauRoger

Unconfirmed Member
Those ugly xbox one screenshots that have been circling around on neogaf dont do this game justice at all, game looks great in motion. No aliasing, fantastic detail and geometry and a lot of shit going on everywhere with pretty good particle effects.

Nydius

so the in game vsync is whats causing all the stuttering/issues?

Mostly shitty optimization is what's causing it. Something about the game being hard locked to either 60fps or refresh rate, I can't remember which. It's kinda like AC4, whose engine was locked at 63fps no matter what; if you could do better than that, the tearing would be unbearable.

It would be really interesting to nail down what's causing some of these performance issues on PC. I have a worse system than many of you but I'm having no trouble at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom