• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spasm

Those ugly xbox one screenshots that have been circling around on neogaf dont do this game justice at all, game looks great in motion. No aliasing, fantastic detail and geometry and a lot of shit going on everywhere with pretty good particle effects.

Timu will save us!

Those ugly xbox one screenshots that have been circling around on neogaf dont do this game justice at all, game looks great in motion. No aliasing, fantastic detail and geometry and a lot of shit going on everywhere with pretty good particle effects.

I agree I would prefer 1080p but it actually doesn't look bad on my gaming monitor. I'm not sure what all the fuss is about and the game is so much fun.

Finished the training mode but haven't been able to play a match without being disconnected within the first minute. Hoping it performs better later on tonight. Game felt pretty smooth from the little I played.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
One hit kill shotguns and melee are bullshit, and the game really could do with balancing between rounds.

I´m watching the GB quicklook from this game and man this shit looks awesome and fun as hell to play. Fuck, I think I´m picking a Xbox One this weekend. I need to play this.

I just ran the second campaign mission on the lowest settings save for 1080p resolution (low textures, no MSAA) and still couldn't hold a solid 60 frames on my gtx 570. This is ridiculous.

One hit kill shotguns and melee are bullshit, and the game really could do with balancing between rounds.

One hit kill from a shotgun means you got hit with it on the face so I'm fine with it, melee is a different matter. People just go right ahead and sprint at you to kick you from the front while your gun seems powerless to kill them in time. I can understand one hit melee kill from behind but from the front... meh, I don't like it (I use it a lot also since it is damn effective but I feel "dirty" lol).

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Shiiiiit. Rebooted my xbox and it won't let me sign in.

Got to level 22 and I'm loving the maps so far. All have a ton of angles and are a load of fun to run around in. Campaign gets things off to a rocky start even as someone who enjoys the core a lot, it's just not handled well at all even beyond the content. I was frequently with a game that was a person or two short and it seemed to not allow midmatch joining.

Caayn

Haha the first response to that tweet "You know you've made a kick ass FPS game when Bungie is playing and tweeting about it.". I like you random twitter guy :p

We need more companies being nice to each other in this industry. Let's this gen be a starting point for that, MS and Sony made a good start for it now for the rest to follow.
i8jPOSR2wcfkb.png

It begins...can't wait!!!
Why is the background greenish?

Pat_DC

One hit kill from a shotgun means you got hit with it on the face so I'm fine with it, melee is a different matter. People just go right ahead and sprint at you to kick you from the front while your gun seems powerless to kill them in time. I can understand one hit melee kill from behind but from the front... meh, I don't like it (I use it a lot also since it is damn effective but I feel "dirty" lol).

This sounds like MW2 Commando all over again. I didn't mind in BF4 having the option to counter knife.

So much hype! Looking forward to it finally releasing in Australia tomorrow so I can see how peoples pings go.

crun

Banned
High-KDA & overall good PC players: what weapon do you prefer? I've tried >30lvl guns and besides default rifle seems to be the best.
I am especially dissapointed with G2A4 and Hemok. It's easier to kill fast moving shit when spraying with R-104C Carabine and it's 10 times better in close combat.

d00d3n

Seems to be mixed. Personally, I have two GTX 680s 4gb in SLI, and I've had nothing but issues with the PC version. I get a lot of screen tearing, and FPS drops. I ended up jumping over to X1 (which also runs poorly, but is more consistent). I'm willing to chalk this up to, driver issues. Or some incompatibility with my rig. Others have lesser Nvidia Cards and have said they aren't having any issues. Strange enough, I can run Crysis 3 and Battlefield 4 at 1600p with no issues at all (Ultra settings). But Titanfall is just crippled on my computer. *shrugs*

What AA settings are you using in nvidia inspector? I used this nvidia inspector profile which was uploaded on the official nvidia forums as a baseline and started experimenting. Try these settings (don't have to use the profile):

SLI compatibility bits (DX1x): 0x000000F5
Power managment mode: Prefer maximum performance
Vertical Sync: Force off
Number of GPUs to use on SLI rendering mode: SLI_GPU_COUNT_TWO
NVIDIA predefined number of GPUs to use on SLI rendering mode on DirectX 10: SLI_PREDEFINED_GPU_COUNT_DX10_TWO
NVIDIA predefined SLI mode on DirectX 10: SLI_PREDEFINED_MODE_DX10_FORCE_SFR
SLI rendering mode: SLI_RENDERING_MODE_FORCE_SFR

Most of the settings are from the uploaded profile, but it used the SLI compatibility bit from half-life 2: episode one which was entered in the dx9 sli compatibility field (the game runs in dx11?). Anti-aliasing was messed up (or absent?) with these settings, so I entered the compatibility bit from call of duty: ghosts instead and placed it in the dx11 field. Also seemed to result in better performance.

Regarding the SLI settings (the verbose part), only SFR works without graphical bugs and crappy performance for me. Afr and afr2 leads to weird screen flashes which are very disorienting in-game. I think the issue with only entering the ghost compatibility bit in nvidia inspector is that afr or afr2 rendering modes are autoselected.

The power managment mode setting and the gpu count setting are probably unnecessary (lifted from the uploaded profile), but I didn't have the energy to test without them. Vsync off is a personal choice, because I am running 120hz.

In the end I think the performance is good now. Fps is 120 or higher a lot of the time, but there are some drops to 85-90 or so when things get hectic.

System: 3570k @ 4.4, 8 gigs ram, geforce 780 sli x 2, win7 64 bit.
Game settings: 1080p, texture detail very high, msaax4, vsync enabled (to disable 60 fps lock), everything else maxed

I hope this can help some people.

Anyone on the PC version having problems with logging into the game. I boot it up and I get disconnected with a message that says "Failed to get a token from Origin" Bought the game off of the store yesterday and sometimes I can play fine but most of the time I just get this message. Any help would be great!

I'm so torn on what to do.. Prepare for Titanfall on PC, or Xbox One? I'm running a i7 2600 gtx 590 rig. I need to have a smooth experience, this decision is tearing apart my soul.

TheUsual

Gold Member
I'm so torn on what to do.. Prepare for Titanfall on PC, or Xbox One? I'm running a i7 2600 gtx 590 rig. I need to have a smooth experience, this decision is tearing apart my soul.

Played the Beta with my i5 2500 and 560Ti 1GB at 1080p. Had most things set at high and it ran fine for me. A few drops here and there, but tolerable. I say go for PC!

wrog

I just completed Militia campaign (my second) and didn't get achievement... Now I'm trying to replay last mission but it always puts me on IMC side. Really annoying.

i have a i5 2500k gtx580 oc'd and it runs quite well on High/medium settings (everything but shadow detail and effects is set to high) with 4x msaa, double buffered vsync and anisotropic 4x.

I just completed Militia campaign (my second) and didn't get achievement... Now I'm trying to replay last mission but it always puts me on IMC side. Really annoying.
I don't think itll let you choose a side until you finish IMC

Game is fun, but boy is it ugly, some of these maps look pretty bad. Skyboxes are nice though and the framerate gets brutal at points. I hope it has a lasting affect with me and i don't get bored of it too quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom