• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lack of guns really bums me out. Also the lack of skins for guns. Just adding that little bit of variety is so nice. Hopefully the DLC delivers big time on this.

I want to use the Stryder but I don't want to play the awful campaign. ;~; Currently level 21 using the Atlas because :(

The campaign is just multiplayer with some story bits. No reason not to play it.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
1 780ti kicks the games ass but when you turn on 8xMSAA is does hitch a little more. Hopefully that SLI profiles are up soon as well as a patch to not limit the frame rate.

braves01

Banned
Does anyone know if the lore explains why Titans are used at all? It doesn't seem economical to use giant robots when they can be so easily destroyed by foot soldiers.

Mononoke

Banned
What AA settings are you using in nvidia inspector? I used this nvidia inspector profile which was uploaded on the official nvidia forums as a baseline and started experimenting. Try these settings (don't have to use the profile):

SLI compatibility bits (DX1x): 0x000000F5
Power managment mode: Prefer maximum performance
Vertical Sync: Force off
Number of GPUs to use on SLI rendering mode: SLI_GPU_COUNT_TWO
NVIDIA predefined number of GPUs to use on SLI rendering mode on DirectX 10: SLI_PREDEFINED_GPU_COUNT_DX10_TWO
NVIDIA predefined SLI mode on DirectX 10: SLI_PREDEFINED_MODE_DX10_FORCE_SFR
SLI rendering mode: SLI_RENDERING_MODE_FORCE_SFR

Most of the settings are from the uploaded profile, but it used the SLI compatibility bit from half-life 2: episode one which was entered in the dx9 sli compatibility field (the game runs in dx11?). Anti-aliasing was messed up (or absent?) with these settings, so I entered the compatibility bit from call of duty: ghosts instead and placed it in the dx11 field. Also seemed to result in better performance.

Regarding the SLI settings (the verbose part), only SFR works without graphical bugs and crappy performance for me. Afr and afr2 leads to weird screen flashes which are very disorienting in-game. I think the issue with only entering the ghost compatibility bit in nvidia inspector is that afr or afr2 rendering modes are autoselected.

The power managment mode setting and the gpu count setting are probably unnecessary (lifted from the uploaded profile), but I didn't have the energy to test without them. Vsync off is a personal choice, because I am running 120hz.

In the end I think the performance is good now. Fps is 120 or higher a lot of the time, but there are some drops to 85-90 or so when things get hectic.

System: 3570k @ 4.4, 8 gigs ram, geforce 780 sli x 2, win7 64 bit.
Game settings: 1080p, texture detail very high, msaax4, vsync enabled (to disable 60 fps lock), everything else maxed

I hope this can help some people.

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate you taking the time to help me. Going to try this out right now.

I want to use the Stryder but I don't want to play the awful campaign. ;~; Currently level 21 using the Atlas because :(

I don't see what is so awful about it. It's the same modes as the regular online except for like 3 minutes of dialog.

Anyone know how to pick a side on the campaign? I'd like to go back and win 2 more matches on the Militia side, but it keeps putting me on the IMC side, which I've already completed.

know how to pick a side on the campaign? I'd like to go back and win 2 more matches on the Militia side, but it keeps putting me on the IMC side, which I've already completed.

I realized it defaults to a search to continue exactly where you left off in the campaign, but if it can't find enough players quickly for that, it will just put you in another mission. It shows on the top right corner while it searches.

I don't see what is so awful about it. It's the same modes as the regular online except for like 3 minutes of dialog.

Anyone know how to pick a side on the campaign? I'd like to go back and win 2 more matches on the Militia side, but it keeps putting me on the IMC side, which I've already completed.
I'd like to know this as well. Keeps putting me on IMC. Wanted to do Militia first, but not a big deal.

I realized it defaults to a search to continue exactly where you left off in the campaign, but if it can't find enough players quickly for that, it will just put you in another mission. It shows on the top right corner while it searches.

I don't even have that option. I completed the Militia campaign first and won 7 out of the 9 missions, so I needed to win 2 more for the achievement. I then completed the IMC campaign and also won 7 out of 9. I went back and got the 2 I needed for IMC since it's the only side it would put me on, and now it's continually putting me on the IMC side.

I even do quick match and it puts me on IMC every time. I really hope there's a way to switch, lol.

Mononoke

Banned
Glad to help (if I did). Please come back and tell if the SLI fix worked for you.

So I'm definitely seeing a big bump in performance. I'm getting 120 FPS. It stays 70-120. But I still get massive drops to 30-40fps every now and then. It's not as often. But it's pretty jarring. Usually when I'm in the area of Titans. But overall, screen tearing and massive FPS drops aren't as bad as it once was. So I think it's a step in the right direction.

I still find it strange as to why, this game is using so much VRAM though. Pretty insane.

d00d3n

So I'm definitely seeing a big bump in performance. I'm getting 120 FPS. It stays 70-120. But I still get massive drops to 30-40fps every now and then. It's not as often. But it's pretty jarring. Usually when I'm in the area of Titans. But overall, screen tearing and massive FPS drops aren't as bad as it once was. So I think it's a step in the right direction.

I still find it strange as to why, this game is using so much VRAM though. Pretty insane.

Did you try decreasing the texture resolution setting?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Yooo. The arc cannon is really damn fun, great at clearing out pilots/grunts. Can't tell if it's good for titan on titan yet.

The gun before this(plasma something) didn't do much for me, though.

With everything cranked up on pc, the game really is not that great looking. It's fine in motion and it's meant to be fast, same mentality in the design of the COD games, where they focus you on tunnel vision of whats important. But damn the game has some hideous textures

Jrs3000

Yooo. The arc cannon is really damn fun, great at clearing out pilots/grunts. Can't tell if it's good for titan on titan yet.

The gun before this(plasma something) didn't do much for me, though.

Plasma rifle is nice sniping. Even up close it's good as a fully charged shot wrecks a titan.

Caayn

I don't think itll let you choose a side until you finish IMC
Once you've completed the campaign with one faction, you need to complete it with the other. After that the game randomly* drops you in a faction each match. You can't choose which faction you play, and you can barely choose the map/mission to play.

*For some reason I always end up in the IMC team even when the Militia is having fewer people.

Mononoke

Banned
Did you try decreasing the texture resolution setting?

I actually turned AA off entirely in game. Which sucks, but the performance stabled out. I mean it is what it is. It still looks better than the X1 version at 1600p with no AA. Although the Inspector profile has 4x multisampling.

Basically, taking Texture down to Very High + no AA is drastically improving performance. Everything else is still maxed out. It just bums me that I have to drop the settings. I mean, Crysis 3 Ultra could run 40-60 FPS and be smooth as hell.

I know I keep saying it, games aren't 1:1 because of optimization. But damn. This is making me sad knocking these settings down. My rig deserves better than this. :(

EDIT: But to be clear, your profile has really helped a lot. So I am grateful.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Plasma rifle is nice sniping. Even up close it's good as a fully charged shot wrecks a titan.

Oh, just realized the charge only happens when it's being aimed down the sights...der.

Though it doesn't mesh well with how I play the Stryder, probably will give it more of a shot with the Ogre when I get him unlocked.

Eyerox

I won't be signaling when ready tonight.

"We are showing an error-ed state on one of the DSL cards in the Holt CO. Techs will be in the CO ~8PM to reset the device and potentially replace the card. Downtime is expected to be less than 10 minutes for some customers. This will only affect ~1/5 of DSL customers in the area."

Just got off the phone with my internet provider. Looks like internet will be out the rest of the night. Maybe I can play the Xbox tomorrow :(

Jrs3000

Oh, just realized the charge only happens when it's being aimed down the sights...der.

Though it doesn't mesh well with how I play the Stryder, probably will give it more of a shot with the Ogre when I get him unlocked.

Yeah let it charge until it's maxed and shoot. Despite the delay to charge, the damage output is worth it.

Finally been able to play a few matches with no problems. I'm finding the game to be really fun to play. So much chaos going on but it doesn't feel overwhelming. I do hate getting shot in the back a lot though -_-.
I'm gonna try and breeze through the campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom