• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jito

Banned
Ok.....Just started a match then the whole lobby was kicked back to the lobby and now it's loading the next map hahaha

I've been having such a craving for more Titanfall since the beta and it's great to fire it up again with even more maps, guns and titans. I've done at least one of every game mode and half of the campaign and I haven't had any frame rate hiccups yet so *knock on wood*

Azriell

Is it playable on PC? May grab it.

Works just fine on PC. I don't play a lot of FPS on PC, and so I find FPS that use too many keys to be cumbersome because I'm not used to hitting anything except for M1-5, WASD, QERF, Shift, Space, and 1234 if I must (which, when typing it all out, seems like it should be plenty). I find Titanfall to be right at my threshold, and some there are a few titan keybinds I wish I could change without changing the pilot binds. I've sort of abandoned crouch, which doesn't seem to be a big deal anyways in a game that focuses more on mobility. But even for someone of my meager keyboard ability, I do well enough. I'm sure anyone who plays PC FPS with any regularity will have no problem at all. Jumping, aiming, wallrunning, entering and ejecting, and, of course, shooting all feel perfectly natural and at home on m/kb.

kle89

Neo Member
is there a thread to exchange Origin IDs for PC players? Looking for people to play with.

add me! origin - Lkvie

Dinjooh

Feels so good buying my first Xbox One game since launch.

WTF I can't sign into Xbox Live.

tumblr_m4pfksW8ik1rn0j49o1_500.gif

I finally got my CE at 6 PM (very late for UPS in this area) and I've only been able to do the training and 3 campaign matches. I am so rusty after not playing for a few weeks. I was the same when I first started the beta and got at least a little more comfortable so hopefully the same happens here.

antitrop

Whoever posted the SLI bits is a god amongst men, and Training Ground is way more fun for Attrition than I thought it would be.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Glad to help (if I did). Please come back and tell if the SLI fix worked for you.
GPU usage was even across the board so SLI is fixed, thanks.

So I'm definitely seeing a big bump in performance. I'm getting 120 FPS. It stays 70-120. But I still get massive drops to 30-40fps every now and then. It's not as often. But it's pretty jarring. Usually when I'm in the area of Titans. But overall, screen tearing and massive FPS drops aren't as bad as it once was. So I think it's a step in the right direction.

I still find it strange as to why, this game is using so much VRAM though. Pretty insane.
I'm going to have to double check but it's easily above 100 all the time but haven't been keeping a keen eye since I've been looking at my streaming fps first.

PC. I'm at Boneyard in the campaign and I just can't get through the round without it crashing midway through. Tried twice now.

Edit: Now it's crashing at launch, the hell

Very tempted to upgrade my 2 year old card so I can run this game better. Not very fun running everything on Medium, but only getting a constant ~50 fps, with it dipping into the 40's during big fights.I swore this ran better during the beta.

Well this has to be a huge success for MS. So many friends on FB are posting pics of their new Xbones.

Do you guys see this game having long-term appeal?

It's a ton of fun, very smooth and dynamic battles. The only issue I have is the game feels really small for some reason. Not a ton of weapons or unlocks, you have a very streamlined selection of everything which is odd coming from other shooters lately that have tons of options available to a player. I would think they went with a more balanced playing field perhaps, but it feels like for a MP only game their should have been lot more on offer. Game is insanely fun though, hopefully they toss some bones our way with free dlc content, but with a season pass already dangled in front of us..... yea fuck

Boogdud

Boy, the pc version really does run like shit compared to the beta. Even the same maps, I'm using the same settings for graphics (680GTX 4gb and Gsync) and it runs 15-20 fps less. This is with the new WHQLs that came out yesterday. It's really obnoxious, it looks like the xbone version that I made fun of when I was locked at a constant 60 during the beta.

Yuck.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Lttp impressions

first, i played the beta and enjoyed it quite a bit. i didnt expect it to dethrone my favorite fps shooter, halo, but its certainly bumped cod off of position 2 - easily. i loved the movement of pilots and the interplay of titans and pilots most of all.

so, with that out of the way, the following re my impressions with the full game. if i sound overly negative its because a few things have become apparent with the full game that didnt in the beta because of lack of content. special note, i still have the same overall impression of the game - positive.

- campaign multiplayer is a huge disappointment. not sure what i expected exactly, but this aint it. literally all it is in the final game is some dialogue during the lobby screen and stupid dialogue during the drop in sequence. with very little in the way of variation or actual story, context, or character growth. i guess i hoped for mid-round story stuff too. maybe even major events occurring in the background/skybox. or at least an outro cutscene. or for fucks sake a difference in the outcome "story" if we won or lost (which, as far as i can tell makes ZERO difference).

- map design. some of these maps seem really hard to navigate, especially compared to the beta maps. there is also a lot of odd ends and shit to get caught on that interups your flow, something that was also not really all that present or distracting in the beta maps. i suppose this is something i can adapt too and i'll avoid such pitfalls when i know the maps better, but again, it wasnt a frustration or even a concern with the beta's maps, so its shitty to see it in non-beta maps now.

again, love the game, just noting some flaws that werent apparent during the beta

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Do you guys think this requires more skill than CoD?

Mastering wall-running is not that easy, IMO. By that I don't mean the actual wall-running, but knowing the right paths and chaining wall-runs effectively. Especially in Hardpoint.

cresto

Anyone have any tips on connecting to XBL with a new Xbone? Just what I want to do first thing with a new piece of hardware...

Oublieux

I have a question guys: I haven't been able to test it out myself yet but does the invite system still work like in beta because I thought it was terrible.

In beta, inviting a friend only worked if there were remaining spaces on the team you were placed in. Even if there were open slots on the opposing team, an invited friend would be unable to join. I ask because--including myself--there are 4 people, and I can foresee organizing a match like that being a pain since it's 6 versus 6.

Edit: I guess this could be mitigated if we can host lobbies and quickly invite the buddies, but I don't recall if a player could create/host a lobby--this would be helpful as well.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
That SLI fix has caused serious artifacting. I can't remember the map but it's the first time I've played it. Frame rate was alright but when the artifacting was happening it was still high but sluggish. It wasn't doing this before I tried that fix.

i-zombie

Neo Member
Downloaded over 40GBs off Origin while tinkering with the ds4/Bluetooth adaptor last night. Got hit by a BSOD when I pulled the dongle out and when I restarted, all the files were still there but Origin refused to resume the download/installation, so I had to restart it.

Turned off the monitor and went to bed :(

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Do you guys think this requires more skill than CoD?

without a doubt. i'll probably get flak for this, but to me titanfall IS cod + mechs + parkour. its greater than the sum of its parts and to really succeed you need to know the maps and wall run, anticipate an enemy in all 3 dimensions, and understand how to engage/disengage in pilot-pilot, pilot-titan, titan-pilot, and titan-titan combat. no small feat. in other words, its cod + a lot more shit to know about and master. so yes, it definitely and undeniably requires more skill.

Glad the UK release wasn't on the same day, then again I was online when the issue hit so would have been fine.

Anyone know what Tesco is like for new game delivery? Account says despatched on 12th March. Launch day possible?

GravyButt

Whats your guys favorite titan setup so far? I really havent found a real good one yet, but my most commen is running an ogre with the 40mm with electric smoke and missle salvo. Im really not doing that good in titan combat, I feel as though one on one I get destroyed, even by titans just using the machine gun.

Also, I just unlocked the one where you need to charge the shot, how are people liking this? i got utterly DESTROYED trying to use it a few times. I can see it being good if you sit back and take pot shots though.

Anything better than missle salvo though? Seems so effective against infantry and titans!!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The base titan loadouts are pretty strong to be frank. The sniper weapon is cool, but actually pretty weak because Titan engagements revolve around numbers and constant firepower rather than precision harassment.

It's great for certain maps in Last Titan Standing though.

Holy crap, Lagoon is a beautiful map, but I can only get a constant 35 fps on it.

GPU plz.

Kind of sucks that the retail game runs worse than the beta on my machine. But i can't stop playing. Haven't had a multiplayer game suck me in like this since Halo 3.

Timu

I'm having a blast and typically getting a good K/D ratio, but I hate when this happens:
iq87J9Iu6AjP9.png

Or when this happens when you launch off your ship:
ibc0mP2CNlmkd7.png

ioublqipjD7Ut.png

I don't know what's up with that.o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom