• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

d00d3n

That SLI fix has caused serious artifacting. I can't remember the map but it's the first time I've played it. Frame rate was alright but when the artifacting was happening it was still high but sluggish. It wasn't doing this before I tried that fix.

Sorry to hear that ... What do you mean by artifacting? I had some weird graphical bugs myself with afr and afr2 sli rendering (flashing weird signs, sometimes completely corrupted display with a myriad of printed numbers and signs going around in a circle on screen), but I guess that is probably not what you mean. Did you change all the settings that I listed (specifically thinking about the two lines forcing sfr sli rendering)

Edit: Have to go to bed, but if you entered everything correctly and still get the bug, try some other sli compatibility bits (with every other setting being the same). I read that some people have experimented with the bioshock infinity compatibility bit. I don't think I have encountered the bug your are describing with my current settings, but I have only tested the game for one hour or so. It is possible that I have the very same bug, just not having seen it yet.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Whats your guys favorite titan setup so far? I really havent found a real good one yet, but my most commen is running an ogre with the 40mm with electric smoke and missle salvo. Im really not doing that good in titan combat, I feel as though one on one I get destroyed, even by titans just using the machine gun.

Also, I just unlocked the one where you need to charge the shot, how are people liking this? i got utterly DESTROYED trying to use it a few times. I can see it being good if you sit back and take pot shots though.

Anything better than missle salvo though? Seems so effective against infantry and titans!!

I've been mainly playing Stryder with 40mm, smoke, and slaved warheads. I've been playing extremely aggressively(probably since so many people use vortex shields which I can take advantage of via punching them in the face) and doing well, but a lot of that is based off the beta where I already got used to dodging weapons pretty well.

I've been trying the arc cannon but got stuck with the xbox one login crap so I haven't been able to play more. I don't know if I like the warheads more than the missile salvo but I'm using them anyway.

Can't stop playing.

Sir, you should definitely Re-deploy or whatever it is called in this game.

I like the way the badge looks in game. Glad they have numbers so we know what rank rather than guess.

I will definitely be playing Titanfall enough to get all the way to 10, hopefully get a fair chunk of it in before they change the curve (if ever).

HelloMeow

Whats your guys favorite titan setup so far? I really havent found a real good one yet, but my most commen is running an ogre with the 40mm with electric smoke and missle salvo. Im really not doing that good in titan combat, I feel as though one on one I get destroyed, even by titans just using the machine gun.

Also, I just unlocked the one where you need to charge the shot, how are people liking this? i got utterly DESTROYED trying to use it a few times. I can see it being good if you sit back and take pot shots though.

Anything better than missle salvo though? Seems so effective against infantry and titans!!

The Atlas with the 40mm canon, rocket salvo and vortex shield.

It's the most versatile setup. Good against pilots and titans. The vortex shield is great for attacking, getting away or blocking those annoying anti titan weapons.

I haven't really tried the other ordnances. Rocket salvo appears to be the hardest to counter while doing to most damage to a single target.

It's so fast paced I don't know if I prefer the more methodical and slow CoD or this. The problem is, CoD is getting boring so TF is fun in its own way.

I think BF4 strikes a good balance. But servers are bad right now, right?

Zeliard

I should probably start playing this. I enjoyed the beta quite a bit, and I do own the game.

Bad timing to release it on the same day as Dark Souls 2, heh.

ElRenoRaven

Man. Just got first campaign mission and training done on xbone and man I'm enjoying it. I have to say though campaign really should be a singleplayer campaign. It just doesn't work for multiplayer. Still though the game plays great and I'm happy

Milennia

Well Xbl took a shit. Can't even log in now. Reminds me of COD 4 launch

yep =/ [;ayed all night long until about 12:30 pm after getting it at 12 midnight..
pass out until 7 and now i can't get on =/ I'm relatively close to prestiging too, i have every needed challenge complete. =/

The Flash

Banned
Guys...this game...is like Colombian crack cocaine. I love shooters just as much as the next guy but this game man...I haven't been this happy or excited to play a shooter since Reach.

Servbot24

Banned
Went to GS to pick up DSII today, they were pushing Titanfall like crazy, the entire store was basically an advertisement for it. Several kids in there seemed pretty excited. Their moms didn't give a shit about the M rating, lol. Hope they enjoy and that the game does well for MS.

Finally beat the campaign, can't say that I knew what the hell was going on or what they were talking about through the whole thing but it made playing more exciting just listening to the constant chatter

antitrop

The story makes more sense that's for sure.
And I need you now tonight
And I need you more than ever
And if you only hold me tight
We'll be holding on forever
And we'll only be making it right
'Cause we'll never be wrong together
We can take it to the end of the line
Your love is like a shadow on me all of the time
I don't know what to do and I'm always in the dark
We're living in a powder keg and giving off sparks
I really need you tonight
Forever's gonna start tonight

Well, my machine runs the game the same regardless if my textures are on low, medium or high.

And Stryder is by far my favorite titan so far. I love how agile you are. And dash core is just way too fun.

I'm having some serious performance issues with my setup when I feel like I'm way past the recommended requirements (PC)

i7 920 overclocked to 3.9GHz
GTX 580
12GB DDR3 RAM

Has silky smooth framerate throughout the entire training sequence, didn't drop below 60 with maxed out settings. Jumped in my first match and at times it was at a crawl. Any advice?

Once upon a time
I was falling in love
But now I'm only falling apart
There's nothing I can do
A total eclipse of the heart

Once upon a time there was light in my life
But now there's only love in the dark
Nothing I can say
A total eclipse of the heart

Surprisingly enough this was my old college housemate's and I's favorite drinking song lol

Well, my machine runs the game the same regardless if my textures are on low, medium or high.

And Stryder is by far my favorite titan so far. I love how agile you are. And dash core is just way too fun.

Stryder is definitely my favorite battle Titan, but when I want something to just defend/distract, I like the Atlas better. The AI controlling the Stryder = dead in 30 seconds

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.

"I don't wanna eject from my Titan to this song."

"For the pilot to survive he's gotta chew off his own Titan."

harSon

Banned
Is Titanfall down or something, or is my installation fucked? Whenever I try to play, it goes to the splash wallpaper and then boots me back to the dashboard.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Damn this game is fucking fun. Haven't played a MP FPS in ages, this is great.

The cool thing about the game is that it is fun even when you are losing, and I still quite don't know why.

Kind of screwed myself and asked this question at the end of the previous page:

I'm having some serious performance issues with my setup when I feel like I'm way past the recommended requirements (PC)

i7 920 overclocked to 3.9GHz
GTX 580
12GB DDR3 RAM

Has silky smooth framerate throughout the entire training sequence, didn't drop below 60 with maxed out settings. Jumped in my first match and at times it was at a crawl. Any advice?

Edit: I think I answered my own question. Looks like there's a few updates I missed out on my GeForce drivers. Will report back after I try these out.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
So it's bad enough that people leave mid-game on you in the story mode, but launching 6 on 4 domination missions? Ugh, especially when one guy goes 1-12 in total noob mode. One COD-like thing I could do without in this game.

antitrop

The cool thing about the game is that it is fun even when you are losing, and I still quite don't know why.

Because dying as a Pilot still allows you to select a Burn Card and getting back into the fight is extremely quick and simple. Having your Titan becoming Doomed lets you eject into the air and rain down hell onto the battlefield from above. Losing the match lets you make a mad dash for the evac ship.

In Titanfall, even when something bad happens, something fun happens immediately afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom