• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

badb0y

Should we split into a PC thread? I feel like we can discuss performance, exchange Origin IDs, and communicate better that way.

What settings are you trying to run?

I maxed it out first with 4x MSAA (I'm pretty sure that's the AA I had). Vsync disabled and everything else highest it could go.

The framerate just seemed incredibly inconsistent in the match I played in considering the training ran without a hitch. Obviously there was a lot more going on in the match compared to the training, but the way the framerate would dip was really strange and almost seemed like it was loading the level as I ran through it, as opposed to it being affected by how much action was on the screen.

I'm updating my drivers now so I'm expecting that to help.

KPunk

I seriously haven't had this much fun in a MP game since Call of Duty MW/Halo 2 days, which is a pretty damn bold statement if you ask me.

Unfortunately LIVE seems to be acting up for me right now, anyone else?

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Losing the match lets you make a mad dash for the evac ship.

Successfully evacuating seems to be pretty hard, though. I only managed it twice: once in a match with generally bad players where nobody gave a fuck about the drop ship, and once in a game with a good team after a very close match where the team defended the landing zone together.

In all other cases, the superior team just dominates the landing zone and farms the individual players or destroys the ship.

My k/d blows but it's fun being able to actually kill shit thanks to the bots

I only enjoy blowing them up with a grenade. They are just too dumb and too easy targets to be satisfying enemies in gun fights.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Sorry to hear that ... What do you mean by artifacting? I had some weird graphical bugs myself with afr and afr2 sli rendering (flashing weird signs, sometimes completely corrupted display with a myriad of printed numbers and signs going around in a circle on screen), but I guess that is probably not what you mean. Did you change all the settings that I listed (specifically thinking about the two lines forcing sfr sli rendering)

Edit: Have to go to bed, but if you entered everything correctly and still get the bug, try some other sli compatibility bits (with every other setting being the same). I read that some people have experimented with the bioshock infinity compatibility bit. I don't think I have encountered the bug your are describing with my current settings, but I have only tested the game for one hour or so. It is possible that I have the very same bug, just not having seen it yet.
There's letters on the screen and bad screen artifacting or screen noise. Didn't take a screen but next time I will.

Last 10 games against humans: 2.0. That's more like it. Game is funnier than I thought it would be. You can just troll other Titans in a Stryder with smoke and triple threat and the dash core online.

Coconut

Banned
Starting to use the parkour more and that shit is key. If you aren't flying around the rooftops you just aren't playing this game right.

Just about to have my first match on PC. My whole team are rank 1's, enemy team range from the teens to mid twenties. This is going to be ugly, if it actually starts.

E92 M3

This game is so fucking AMAZING! I literally played all day and CTF is definitely one of the best playlists. This game is a ton of fun, and is just a great time all around. Playing with a group multiplied my the fun factor significantly. Lots of strategies can be employed, which gives this game longevity. The maps are amazing too -- except I don't like Odyssey too much. They still need a snow map, too!

Like in the beta, I still specialize in killing Titans -- I see them as mini boss fights. Fantastic product all-in-all.

For all the disapointement that the campaign brings, the Demeter mission is really great.

Is that the one where each side has the cool entrance? Orbital drop for IMC and crash landing for militia.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Starting to use the parkour more and that shit is key. If you aren't flying around the rooftops you just aren't playing this game right.

Chaining wall-runs makes you a lot faster as well. Can imagine that this will be key in Hardpoint matches once people discover and internalize the best routes between checkpoints.

Special C

Anyone know how to activate the turrets in Fracture in Attrition? Can they even be activated, Usually the panels are right by the turret.

Raxus

For some reason I can't connect whenever I do the Get Barker mission in Campaign. How bizarre.

Otherwise the game has been running great.

jet1911

Because there's nothing like steamrolling the ennemy team lol

sanstitremizod.png

Is that the one where each side has the cool entrance? Orbital drop for IMC and crash landing for militia.

That's the one.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Sometimes they're not even there. I'm not sure of the conditions for them "spawning" or not but my guess is they're mode dependent.

Mechazawa

The Kraber sniper is fucking absurd. For as hard as I thought using the other sniper was, that thing is a one hit kill with barely any sway zoomed in.

For all the disapointement that the campaign brings, the Demeter mission is really great.

Yeah, the intro is spectacular, at least on the Militia side. The type of stuff I expect from former CoD single player vets.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Anyone know how to activate the turrets in Fracture in Attrition? Can they even be activated, Usually the panels are right by the turret.

I was wondering this too. The turrets are on the tops of the buildings but I couldn't find a panel to hack anywhere.

KPunk

FYI anyone having issues logging in to LIVE from Microsoft just now.

"Were you experiencing issues signing in to Xbox Live? We are very happy to say that our team has fixed the problem and the Live service is ready and waiting. If you are experiencing any lingering issues, try a cold reboot of your Xbox by powering down, unplugging, waiting 10 seconds, plugging back in and powering back on. Thanks for all your patience while our team was working. Have fun!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom