• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

REV 09

This game is fun for an adrenaline rush, but there is zero teamwork and little use of strategy involved. I do like it, but I don't think it will stick with me for many months.

Ryudo

My opinion? USED.
This game is amazing, really cant believe the doubters still trying it on. Haven't had this much fun since I played Halo for the first time.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
This game is fun for an adrenaline rush, but there is zero teamwork and little use of strategy involved. I do like it, but I don't think it will stick with me for many months.

So the COD migration is complete?

Zeliard

To be fair, there rarely is proper teamwork in pubs with randoms even in the best team-based shooters, especially not so soon after release when the meta hasn't really developed yet. You have to get into scrims and pickup games and such to really bring that out of the game.

old

Anybody else getting this thing where the game windows out and Windows ask me if I want to change the color scheme? Only happens when I play titanfall.

0QCbuMo.png

90% of my games end up like this. Playing cs / quake / cod / whatever other shooter helps I guess. I'm having fun but at this point it feels like I'm just stomping people and it's getting old. Also being able to call in a titan the moment you spawn is a really stupid idea. I've done it in a few games and basically won the game because of it. They should get rid of that burn card.

REV 09

To be fair, there rarely is proper teamwork in pubs with randoms even in the best team-based shooters, especially not so soon after release when the meta hasn't really developed yet. You have to get into scrims and pickup games and such to really bring that out of the game.
Games like battlefield, halo, and Gears thrive on teamwork...which makes them much more interesting to me overall. TF is a rush though and a ton of initial fun...not sure it will stick. It feels like a better version of the cod formula.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
I just got done playing 5 hours of TitanFall - and I played the IMC campaign and got both achievements associated with it too! I'm saving the Militia campaign for later, probably tomorrow.

This game is really addictive. That is all.

E92 M3

I was playing with a group from here in CTF and we won most of the time 6-0 via employing some cool strategies. This game has tons of strategies that can be used. Respawn gave us a lot of different ways to handle things.

My framerate ranges from 25-60 FPS. Current settings:

-Full Screen 1080p
-4xMSAA
-V-Sync Disabled (I have a 120 Hz Monitor, why is my framerate capping at 60fps with V-Sync disabled?)

Texture Resolution: Very High
Texture Filtering: Anisotropic 8x

Lighting Quality: Low
Shadow Detail: Medium
Effects Detail: Medium
Model Detail: Medium
Impact Marks: Low
Ragdolls: Medium

I even lowered the Audio effects like I saw someone suggest in a previous page. No dice.

I can max out most games with smooth framerate, it doesn't seem like this game should be running so poorly on my machine...

Again:

i7 920 overclocked to 3.9GHz
GeForce GTX 580
12 GB DDR3

Am I missing something? Is this typical performance with this game given the system specs?

Edit: WTF? When I turn on double buffering it raises my framerate to 120...wat? Shouldn't it be the opposite?

Dub117

The arc canon seems pretty good, no hood with the railgun though. I still seem to be the best with the 40mm. What's everyone's favorite titan weapon?

Etnos

Banned
Finished the 2 campaigns plus a couple of hours of traditional attrition, not a single issue (xbone). Its been a clean launch for me, props to Respawn and MS servers.

Game is what I expected and a bit more, level design is superb, those skyboxes man...

The only downside is the "campaign", its like mhee I don't even know what's going on. I rarely care for stories in videogames, this one is even more like whateva, I guess I have to listen to this dudes because I need the unlocks.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment

This is just blatantly false. I actually haven't used as much teamwork and strategy in another FPS in a long time. My group dominated hardpoint domination and attrition using teamwork and strategy and one time we even won when we were outnumbered.

For instance, in Battlefield 4, I felt like I couldn't use teamwork or strategy in domination because people died too quickly. In TitanFall, that isn't the case, and you can really use your pilot abilities and other general abilities to turn things around.

jet1911

No starting titan burn cards or nothing?

I'm not sure honestly haha. The first team to get Titans on that map is almost sure to win though.

Chaingun. The railgun feels like it doesn't do shit to me even fully charged shots. Maybe I'm wrong.

Yeah, there's no splash damage. You need to be directly on the target or else it does nothing. Not a god weapon against Pilots.

My buddy on PC is having some major issues with the game.
His specs:
i5-2500K
GTX 570 1.2GB
4 GB RAM

He was running the beta just fine, but in the full game he has had no luck actually loading a level other than the training one. He gets into a lobby, the game starts, he sees the loading background, and then it hangs for a minute. He gets in, spawns and then the game tries to reconnect to the main server, and instantly kicks him. He has reinstalled it already.

E92 M3

The arc canon seems pretty good, no hood with the railgun though. I still seem to be the best with the 40mm. What's everyone's favorite titan weapon?

I've tried them all and always return to either the 40mm or the chaingun -- depending on the situation.

Finished the 2 campaigns plus a couple of hours of traditional attrition, not a single issue (xbone). Its been a clean launch for me, props to Respawn and MS servers.

Game is what I expected and a bit more, level design is superb, those skyboxes man...

The only downside is the "campaign", its like mhee I don't even know what's going on. I rarely care for stories in videogames, this one is even more like whateva, I guess I have to listen to this dudes because I need the unlocks.

Are there other unlocks besides the two titan bodies?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's not that great even with the mod that makes all your shots fully charged (but deals less damage).

Ain't nobody got time for that.

Jito

Banned
Games like battlefield, halo, and Gears thrive on teamwork...which makes them much more interesting to me overall. TF is a rush though and a ton of initial fun...not sure it will stick. It feels like a better version of the cod formula.

What gametype are you playing? Hardpoint, CTF and Last Titan require a bit more effort than run around and kill everything.

What are you talking about? To do well it requires good team work. Teamwork is how you keep titans up the longest. Otherwise experienced players can decimate titans. How exactly is there "zero" teamwork? Lol

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals

-Full Screen 1080p
-4xMSAA
-V-Sync Disabled (I have a 120 Hz Monitor, why is my framerate capping at 60fps with V-Sync disabled?)

I even lowered the Audio effects like I saw someone suggest in a previous page. No dice.

I can max out most games with smooth framerate, it doesn't seem like this game should be running so poorly on my machine...

Again:

GeForce GTX 580
12 GB DDR3

Am I missing something? Is this typical performance with this game given the system specs?

Edit: WTF? When I turn on double buffering it raises my framerate to 120...wat? Shouldn't it be the opposite?

Why yes, yes it should be. I guess it might be fixed with a patch but it's pretty unacceptable.

Special C

Is there anyway to force campaign multiplayer to put you on a certain team using stage select? It will NOT let me play as militia anymore.

So has anyone else named their Titan? I feel really attached to mine every time I call it in to the battlefield. His name is Sparky (until I feel creative and give it a more fitting name)

90% of my games end up like this. Playing cs / quake / cod / whatever other shooter helps I guess. I'm having fun but at this point it feels like I'm just stomping people and it's getting old. Also being able to call in a titan the moment you spawn is a really stupid idea. I've done it in a few games and basically won the game because of it. They should get rid of that burn card.

weve-got-a-badass-over-here-tee-shirt-a60-450x450.jpg

border

My favorite new trick:

1. Wait until your have your Titan ready for a drop.
2. Rodeo a Titan that isn't already engaged in combat with another Titan - preferably one at full health.
3. If the pilot is smart, he will disembark from his Titan to engage you.
4. As soon as the Titan you're riding on kneels and stops, point your reticule at the ground directly below your feet and call in your own Titan.
5. Jump off the enemy Titan!

Even if the pilot manages to gun you down, he gets to watch his shiny new Titan get crushed by your incoming Titan. The animation to load into the cockpit takes so long that even if enemy pilot reboards his Titan, he probably won't be able get out of the way even if he realizes what's about to happen. In a worst case scenario you die and you kill a Titan. In a best case scenario, you live and both the pilot and Titan get squashed by the Titan's Fall.

E92 M3

Not that I know about. I went from level 1 to 18 by playing both campaigns, so there were a bunch of regular unlocks thou...

Ah okay as I thought. Any missable achievements? (I don't look at the list, but would like to know if there is something specific to do in the campaign)

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
My favorite new trick:

1. Wait until your have your Titan ready for a drop.
2. Rodeo a Titan that isn't already engaged in combat with another Titan - preferably one at full health.
3. If the pilot is smart, he will disembark from his Titan to engage you.
4. As soon as the Titan you're riding on kneels and stops, point your reticule at the ground directly below your feet and call in your own Titan.
5. Jump off the enemy Titan!

Even if the pilot manages to gun you down, he gets to watch his shiny new Titan get crushed by your incoming Titan. The animation to load into the cockpit takes so long that even if enemy pilot reboards his Titan, he probably won't be able get out of the way even if he realizes what's about to happen.

Alternative:

1. Rodeo a Titan
2. They disembark
3. Jump off and toss a satchel
4. Blow it up and laugh

DIRTY-D

-Full Screen 1080p
-4xMSAA

Again:

GeForce GTX 580
12 GB DDR3

I was having the same issues...6 gig video card, 32 gigs of ram and over clock 4.2.

I updating my card drivers and was still getting that shitting 20 frame a second shit. Looked some shit up...and it looks like I need to update my intel stuff.

http://help.ea.com/en/article/titanfall-known-issues-and-troubleshooting-information/#5

Zeliard

This is just blatantly false. I actually haven't used as much teamwork and strategy in another FPS in a long time. My group dominated hardpoint domination and attrition using teamwork and strategy and one time we even won when we were outnumbered.

For instance, in Battlefield 4, I felt like I couldn't use teamwork or strategy in domination because people died too quickly. In TitanFall, that isn't the case, and you can really use your pilot abilities and other general abilities to turn things around.

One thing I really appreciated in the beta was the amount of points you got from playing the objectives in Hardpoint, as opposed to just lonewolfing it and racking up kills. It did seem to lead to a bit more teamwork than there would have otherwise been, since players were encouraged to attack and defend points.

border

I'm a level 7, why am I being placed against teams of 25 and higher?

Your level really only represents how long you've played -- not your skill level.

I don't even know if this game is doing anything to match people of equal skill level. I haven't played an FPS very seriously, but I honestly thought skill-matching made it less fun overall. It made sure that almost every match was a pretty challenging slog. I like it when there are blowouts from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom