• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pollux

Every time I click the game in the dashboard I crash back to the main screen after 5 seconds...any advice? Xbox one

GavinUK86

Anyone with a GT 660 find the best settings for maintaining a smooth 60 at 1080p and preferably 4xaa?

nope. i can't find a happy medium. i have been using a lower res and everything on high with 2x msaa and it's not too bad. any settings at 1080p and the frame drops are just too much for me.

Ape

Banned
Well, it won't go past this. 10 minutes of this. Then it disconnects due to lack of inactivity. Titanfall.

DfClnrH.jpg

Same thing is happening to me. -_-||

border

One thing I really appreciated in the beta was the amount of points you got from playing the objectives in Hardpoint, as opposed to just lonewolfing it and racking up kills. It did seem to lead to a bit more teamwork than there would have otherwise been, since players were encouraged to attack and defend points.

The main thing I dislike about Hardpoint is that everyone seems to do a pretty good job when it begins, but once Titans start dropping everyone gets really distracted. It sucks when you realize that the hardpoints you need can only be captured by pilots, and 4 out of 6 team members are screwing around in their Titans.

Whilst playing Titanfall it is the first game to make my Xbox start up the fan, got it spinning quite fast and now the fan is making awful noises even when running cool.

Just a heads up to people to maybe test your Xbox fan with a long session on Titanfall as now I have to return my Xbox.

Zeliard

The main thing I dislike about Hardpoint is that everyone seems to do a pretty good job when it begins, but once Titans start dropping everyone gets really distracted. It sucks when you realize that the hardpoints you need can only be captured by pilots, and 4/6 team members are screwing around in their Titans.

Yeah, that's true. I haven't messed with the full game yet so I don't know about the new maps, but at least in the beta the C point could always be captured by Titans.

I was having the same issues...6 gig video card, 32 gigs of ram and over clock 4.2.

I updating my card drivers and was still getting that shitting 20 frame a second shit. Looked some shit up...and it looks like I need to update my intel stuff.

http://help.ea.com/en/article/titanfall-known-issues-and-troubleshooting-information/#5

Holy shit. Never would have figured that. I'll give it a try. Do you any idea if by doing this it will have any effect on the overclocking settings I have set up in my bios or anything like that?

Edit:
wat.JPG

Did you have the same processor as me? I made sure to download the 64 bit one which is what my operating system is...hmmm. The list of the compatible processors doesn't seem to include the i7 unless I'm mistaken:

This software driver package will install the Beta Intel® Iris™ and HD graphics driver for:

4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® Iris™ Pro Graphics 5200 4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® Iris™ Graphics 5100 4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD Graphics 5000/4600/4400/4200 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD Graphics 4000/2500

Intel® Pentium® Processor 1403v2/1405v2/2020M/2030M/2117U/2129Y/2127U/A1018/G2010/G2020/G2020T/G2030/|G2030T/G2100T/G2120/G2120T/G2130/G2140 with Intel® HD Graphics

Intel® Pentium® Processor 3558U/3561Y/G3220/G3220T/G3320TE/G3420/G3420T/G3430 with Intel® HD Graphics

Intel® Pentium® Processor 3550M/3556U/3560Y with Intel® HD Graphics

Intel® Celeron® Processor 927UE/1000M/1005M/1007U/1017U/1019Y/1020E/1020M/1037U/1047UE/G1610/G1620/G1620T/ G1610T/G1630 with Intel® HD Graphics

Intel® Celeron® Processor 2000E/2002E/2950M/2955U/2980U/2955U with Intel® HD Graphics

Intel® Celeron® Processor 2957U/2961Y/2981U/G1820/G1820T/G1820TE/G1830 with Intel® HD Graphics

This driver will not function with any other product. View the README file for installation information and the RELEASE NOTES for driver version details. This beta driver package contains version 15.33.0.3464 (10.18.10.3464) for Windows 7/8/8.1*.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
One thing I really appreciated in the beta was the amount of points you got from playing the objectives in Hardpoint, as opposed to just lonewolfing it and racking up kills. It did seem to lead to a bit more teamwork than there would have otherwise been, since players were encouraged to attack and defend points.

That helps tremendously too. It's cool to see a player at the top of the team who didn't necessarily have the most kills, but they were definitely the most helpful as far as capping and defending points. In Hardpoint specifically my group basically never stopped talking strategy and teamwork throughout entire matches. A lot of strategy with Hardpoint is determining whether or not the team should go after two or three points and when during various points in the matches. Also, hacking turrets and whatnot was extremely helpful (specifically in attrition).

The main thing I dislike about Hardpoint is that everyone seems to do a pretty good job when it begins, but once Titans start dropping everyone gets really distracted. It sucks when you realize that the hardpoints you need can only be captured by pilots, and 4 out of 6 team members are screwing around in their Titans.

In the beta, I definitely agreed (and I still do somewhat). It really helps if you have a coordinated team as the best decision usually is to call down your Titan and set it to follow.

Bsigg12

The kabar sniper or whatever is so ridiculous. On Nexus if you can plan it, you can eject from your titan where the c had point is and land on top of 1 of 3 towers and just rain down hell of 1 shot kills.

Etnos

Banned
Ah okay as I thought. Any missable achievements? (I don't look at the list, but would like to know if there is something specific to do in the campaign)

you get 50 points for finishing each campaign, haven't really read the achievements thou, I may have miss some.

Bsigg12

you get 50 points for finishing each campaign, haven't really read the achievements thou so I may have miss some.

You also get 2, 25 point achievements for winning a game of each campaign mission, 1 from the IMC side and 1 from the militia.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
How many satchels to blow up a titan?

Not sure, but this works really well for blowing up the pilot who ditches the titan.

What is this satchel thing you speak of? I don't think I've used or unlocked it.

It's an ordnance, replaces the grenade.

You also get 2, 25 point achievements for winning a game of each campaign mission, 1 from the IMC side and 1 from the militia.

+ 1 achievement for winning 50 campaign matches.

Bsigg12

Not sure, but this works really well for blowing up the pilot who ditches the titan.

It's an ordnance, replaces the grenade.

The surplus of satchels burn card is amazing with the explosives tier perk so you can have up to 3 recharging charges as long as you don't die.

Bsigg12

Capture the flag is spectacular.

Vince said there was more stuff they wanted to add that would be coming for free so I'm hoping for an assault mode down the road. CTF is great though.

Anyone???

Every time I click the game in the dashboard I crash back to the main screen after 5 seconds...any advice? Xbox one

First, launch another game and then launch Titanfall. If that doesn't work do a full power cycle of your system including unplugging it. If that doesn't work, delete and reinstall it.

Pollux

Anyone???

Holy shit. Never would have figured that. I'll give it a try. Do you any idea if by doing this it will have any effect on the overclocking settings I have set up in my bios or anything like that?

Edit:
wat.JPG

Did you have the same processor as me? I made sure to download the 64 bit one which is what my operating system is...hmmm. The list of the compatible processors doesn't seem to include the i7 unless I'm mistaken:

I'm having the same error too. I'm running a 3rd Gen i5 in mine, so it should be working.

Says it should work for following products:
3rd Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD Graphics 2500
3rd Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD Graphics 4000
4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD Graphics 4200
4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD Graphics 4400
4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD Graphics 4600
4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD Graphics 5000
4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® Iris™ Graphics 5100
4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® Iris™ Pro Graphics 5200

Delt31

So about that G2A4 Rifle.

It's pretty fucking good, right?

really? i find it too slow and hard to line up with the fast pace action. tips?

What i love about this game is that there really have good viable alternatives for guns, ordinances, etc that you actually want to use. so many combos.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Not that fond of it. But I'm bad at FPS.

I find people kill me by just sweeping the Carbine faster than I can kill them with the G2A4.

jet1911

Edit:
wat.JPG

Same here. :/

I'm having the same error too. I'm running a 3rd Gen i5 in mine, so it should be working.

Says it should work for following products:
3rd Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD Graphics 2500
3rd Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD Graphics 4000
4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD Graphics 4200
4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD Graphics 4400
4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD Graphics 4600
4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD Graphics 5000
4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® Iris™ Graphics 5100
4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® Iris™ Pro Graphics 5200

Is your Windows OS up to date? Mine isn't, if yours is up to date and you're still getting that error then I won't bother messing with windows update right now since it wouldn't be the issue. And do i7's and i5's fall under those generation of Intel Processors?

shandy706

Anyone???

Hard reset. Hold ON (Xbox symbol) button for 5+ seconds till it shuts off

Wait 10 seconds, turn back on, be patient during reboot.

Boogdud

Your level really only represents how long you've played -- not your skill level.

I don't even know if this game is doing anything to match people of equal skill level. I haven't played an FPS very seriously, but I honestly thought skill-matching made it less fun overall. It made sure that almost every match was a pretty challenging slog. I like it when there are blowouts from time to time.

I don't think there is any matchmaking at all. Not skill level, not time played, not level, nothing other than maybe ping times. It's terrible. Yes it's time played but a level one has shit for unlocks and weapons and a level 30 has so many tools to win over a team of lowbies it's not even funny.

My first game as campaign I got:

My team
lvl 11
lvl 1
lvl 1
lvl 1
lvl 4

vs

lvl 38
lvl 23
lvl 18
lvl 32
lvl 4

Yeah it went real well. And there's no option to shuffle teams or anything so people just continue to get steamrolled unless they pop out and go through the annoying lobby process all over again.

DyTonic

Banned
I cant get to install this fucking game because its probably worse pc experience with installing/downloading a game I ever had.

How do I fix these unpack errors .vpk. It keeps appearing again and again for the last 5 hours.

Turn off Vsync in game and use Adaptive Vsync in the Nvidia settings. It wont completely eliminate the tearing but will greatly reduce it. I have the same card and i rarely encounter tearing.

I just wanted to personally say thank you. I never use vsync as I prefer max FPS but this game is locked anyway and the adaptive trick worked perfectly.

Is your Windows OS up to date? Mine isn't, if yours is up to date and you're still getting that error then I won't bother messing with windows update right now since it wouldn't be the issue. And do i7's and i5's fall under those generation of Intel Processors?

Just checked, and i actually have some updates I need to run. Gonna update and test the drivers again.

And yes, it should. My i5 is a i5 3570k, which falls under the 3rd Generation of the Core processors.

Hari Seldon

I didn't bother with beta so tonight was my first time with the game. It was a ton of fun in a very pure old school way. I think I actually like the reduced player count + bots. Lots of very tight design decisions in this game. Game runs like butter on my PC.

However I did have a hickup during install where it seemed to be stalled out right before unpacking. I ctrl-alt-delete to see wtf was gonig on and that got it going.

Also EA seems to employ voodoo witch doctors because somehow they crammed 20 gigs on the first DVD of the PC boxed copy according to the installer lol.

Just checked, and i actually have some updates I need to run. Gonna update and test the drivers again.

And yes, it should. My i5 is a i5 3570k, which falls under the 3rd Generation of the Core processors.

Do you know if the i7 920 falls under any of those generations? I'll start updating my Windows updates as well.

DIRTY-D

Edit:
wat.JPG

OK...so fixed my shit and it blazes....I went into my Nividia Control panel and set it to highest performance. after that. Boom. It was such a shocking suprise going fro 20 frames a second to 120. It was like a Benny Hill TV episode. LOL

Edit:Its located in the Power Management section. I had it set to adaptive before. then switched it to Maximum Performance.

I've not played the game yet(soon as I get home from work today!!) and I wasn't in town for the beta so can someone please explain the ship that everyone can bail to at the end of a round? What happens if they escape, what happens if you kill it etc?

Thanks

SegaShack

I've not played the game yet(soon as I get home from work today!!) and I wasn't in town for the beta so can someone please explain the ship that everyone can bail to at the end of a round? What happens if they escape, what happens if you kill it etc?

Thanks
It's just for bonus XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom