• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead

well not really...yet
Oh yeah. I'm back in the game.

Witnessed a single digit fps drop during a Titan fight at one point tho. Pretty ugly.

E92 M3

you get 50 points for finishing each campaign, haven't really read the achievements thou, I may have miss some.

Yeah, those I got. Oh well, I'll check the achievements once I feel I've played the game long enough.

Not sure, but this works really well for blowing up the pilot who ditches the titan.

I shall try them out -- normally love the arc grenades too much lol.

Vince said there was more stuff they wanted to add that would be coming for free so I'm hoping for an assault mode down the road. CTF is great though.

I always feel too many modes dilutes the player base, but hopefully they do keep working on the game and adding it to it. CTF is my favorite mode when played with a team.

Stoof

Bought it for PC and now I have to wait for my slow internet to do its job. 9 hours left.

2dd.jpg

Karak

Weird. Been unpacking audio for 11 hours and on file 2414 of like 70,000 or something. This is the 3rd redownload and the 3 different drive I have tried to put it on.
I am well pass the minimum specs. Something about this audio uncrunching is so oddly slow on my PC. Going to return the game through origin I think. It doesn't seem to ever get farther.

OK...so fixed my shit and it blazes....I went into my Nividia Control panel and set it to highest performance. after that. Boom. It was such a shocking suprise going fro 20 frames a second to 120. It was like a Benny Hill TV episode. LOL

Edit:Its located in the Power Management section. I had it set to adaptive before. then switched it to Maximum Performance.

This worked for me. Thank you. What a weird fucking issue...

In the nVidia control panel, set Adaptive Vsync and Triple Buffering to on for the game. It helps a lot but it isn't 100% fool proof. You'll still see some tearing and stuttering. Worse on some maps than others, but a lot better than if you use the game's vsync settings alone.
Triple Buffering in Nvidia Control Panel only affects OpenGL applications, Titanfall is DX11 so it won't have any effect. Only way to get triple buffering in DirectX games that don't natively support it is with D3DOverrider, which for whatever reason doesn't seem to work with Titanfall.

SegaShack

It's awful ... I played through it to unlock the titan customization options and it gave me this. :|

On the flip side, CTF is fantastic. Stim + prosthetic legs and a proper flag route is GG.
Yes I loved stim in the beta with hard point mode. I'm the best player on my campaign team but we keep losing every match.

zonezeus

Anyone else find the "campaign" laughably terrible, what a pointless mode.

Yup, they should have skipped it altogether and put those (few) resources somewhere else. It is especially tragic because even in this piece of shit mode you can see tiny moments of brilliance and you can't help but imagine how great a proper campaign could have been.

Only really got to play a handful of matches today. Got to Level 5 and at least felt more comfortable at the end. Hopefully tomorrow I get to put more time into this and play some matches with some members here.

Toski

Anyone else find the "campaign" laughably terrible, what a pointless mode.

It points out why fail states in single player games are important. I'm wondering why Respawn put it in. My only guess is that there was supposed to be a campaign, but was scrapped because the team size was small, and everyone would rather work on the MP over the SP.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Is it weird that I wish I could just play the two maps from the beta over and over, these new maps are scary and unfamiliar :(

Also, holy shit, the xbox party system and chat system is still totally broken, what a pain in the ass. Made me want to stop playing because I could no longer communicate with anyone.

SegaShack

I think since it is a multi only game that is so well polished, the joke of a "campaign" mode really stands out as beinf poorly done.

My favorite new trick:

1. Wait until your have your Titan ready for a drop.
2. Rodeo a Titan that isn't already engaged in combat with another Titan - preferably one at full health.
3. If the pilot is smart, he will disembark from his Titan to engage you.
4. As soon as the Titan you're riding on kneels and stops, point your reticule at the ground directly below your feet and call in your own Titan.
5. Jump off the enemy Titan!

Even if the pilot manages to gun you down, he gets to watch his shiny new Titan get crushed by your incoming Titan. The animation to load into the cockpit takes so long that even if enemy pilot reboards his Titan, he probably won't be able get out of the way even if he realizes what's about to happen. In a worst case scenario you die and you kill a Titan. In a best case scenario, you live and both the pilot and Titan get squashed by the Titan's Fall.

I'm going to try this next time I play.

In the nVidia control panel, set Adaptive Vsync and Triple Buffering to on for the game. It helps a lot but it isn't 100% fool proof. You'll still see some tearing and stuttering. Worse on some maps than others, but a lot better than if you use the game's vsync settings alone.

Thanks for the tip. I imagine that its going to take a few tweaks to get everything right.

Any other 360 peasants waiting like me?

Or am I all alone?

;_;

Here. Really hoping the 360 version is at least fun and playable. I haven't completely been sold on either the PS4 or One yet and until there is a line up of exclusives to sway me or the current gen ports reallyyyyyyyyyyyy start to blow it'll probably stay that way.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
This game seems perfect for some sort of VIP mode. VIP Titan or Pilot, I was surprised the campaign never did this as they could have pretty easily made one of the com chatter NPCs work for this instead of them just doing everything offscreen.

I'm very impressed with how this game turned out, the graphics also really impressed me and I love the map. Lots of kudos to Respawn, this is a very fun shooter, and one I'll enjoy learning and processing in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom